Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 690470 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#452033 Jun 14, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
What religion were you an adherent of?
That's a good question. Thanks for asking.

My mother was Lutheran and my father was an ex-Catholic who later became a member of the Rosicrucian Order. He believed in reincarnation.

As they both believed in the existence of a god, I tried my best to make sense in my own way of the religious milieu put before me.

Now I am free of religion and no more theological gibberish is allowed in my mental territory.

I simply do my best with what is before me each moment, and if that isn't enough, so be it.
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#452034 Jun 14, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
JESUS SAID..
Joh_5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
WHEN ONE SEARCHES THE SCRIPTURES ...THEY SAY NOTHING...THEY ARE
ALTOGETHER SILENT
ABOUT A ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH
HE DID NOT SAY SEARCH THE CATECHISM....NOR THE ARCHIVES OF THE VATICAN
Search the Scriptures. No where in it is the sinner's prayer. No where in it is the "sola scriptura" concept. No where in it does it say that God prayed for His Church to have 42,000 different squabbling splinter groups hanging off Her sides, jabbing at her with their tiny little toothpick-like weapons, banging their Bibles (which She gave them) at Her and calling her horrible names.

Nowhere.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#452035 Jun 14, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a good question. Thanks for asking.
My mother was Lutheran and my father was an ex-Catholic who later became a member of the Rosicrucian Order. He believed in reincarnation.
As they both believed in the existence of a god, I tried my best to make sense in my own way of the religious milieu put before me.
Now I am free of religion and no more theological gibberish is allowed in my mental territory.
I simply do my best with what is before me each moment, and if that isn't enough, so be it.
Thanks for responding.
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#452036 Jun 14, 2013
who="Just Sayin"
"...SCRIPTURES THAT JESUS OPENED UP TO HIS APOSTLES..."
So you really do think Jesus passed out Bibles?[
He certainly made them available. I have some; don't you?
KM
Wow. You two really do think Jesus passed out Bibles.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#452037 Jun 14, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Another keeper. You're good at poetry.
Thank you. I believe that words that come from any person is wherever they are in their own system of belief.

When I was still in religion, my rhyming words often brought devout believers to tears, as they thought the words were inspired by "god," and were therefore divine.

Now that I don't believe in the existence of a creator, my words reflect my present belief.
truth

Huntingdale, Australia

#452038 Jun 14, 2013
monkey is not king hong kong hune or gote
kleti=hune=monkey=uklet proklet
gat get git got gut
gaaaaaaa gavrane=dark bird kra kra kradljivci=thief
gra graveyards=curse=holy ilija
holy elija

My Lord
What they say about me?
Did wicket and shifty change with curse can have holy ticket?

My Lord
Who sold soul to betray you?

priprodane duse koje Bog odbacuje kao slamu u oganj..
truth

Huntingdale, Australia

#452039 Jun 14, 2013
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#452040 Jun 14, 2013
who="Just Sayin"
This kind of thing is why I refused to be protestant anymore. I got tired of the freakin confusion, the whip lash, the nonsensical stances, the brain-straining cognitive dissonance, the feeling like I had to almost have alter egos, one for each mutually exclusive set of ideas I was supposed to believe.
Out of the frying pan into the fire, huh?
KM
Rather like out of the loony bin and coming home.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#452041 Jun 14, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't subscribe to Hell necessarily being a place where souls burn.
The Catechism of the Catholic Church states: "The teaching of the Church affirms the existence of hell and its eternity. Immediately after death the souls of those who die in a state of mortal sin descend into hell, where they suffer the punishments of hell,‘eternal fire.’ The chief punishment of hell is eternal separation from God, in whom alone man can possess the life and happiness for which he was created and for which he longs" (CCC 1035).
To wit, the chief punishment is the estrangement from God.
But you still believe in a devil, so you must believe that he has employment under god ... right??? Or do now believe that "god" has laid him off for lack of work?

Theology is very silly.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#452042 Jun 14, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you're not an author of the Bible. You'd hold the actual authors accountable, to you, to write things down so their teachings from Christ could be reviewed by you and hopefully meet with your approval.
You also grant yourself latitude, without the authority the Apostles possessed, to appoint yourself sole arbiter of the meaning of God's word without fear of appeal.
No accountability for you. If you say I believe and I'm saved, it's so. The Apostles's declarations have to be written and approved by you and marge, but no such strictures for you two.
So lets see it is someone other than Jesus in the scriptures who saves.

I am trusting in His Word..Not making it up.

If I conjecture any thing I say so..But nit on the Word,itself.

As written and told to the Apostles and Nicodemus by Jesus Himself.

Are you saying that The Church was,mistaken in those scriptures??

They git it wrong or exaggerated.

If we cannot trust in His WORD what do we have ???
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#452043 Jun 14, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for responding.
You're welcome.
truth

Huntingdale, Australia

#452044 Jun 14, 2013
Did atheist have faith!
http://biblehub.com/matthew/6-30.htm
https://www.google.com.au/search...
slama $lama
https://www.google.com.au/search...
do you liked king kong monkey money..

see mummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
blue or red
mum which rosary
Dan

Omaha, NE

#452045 Jun 14, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
But you still believe in a devil, so you must believe that he has employment under god ... right??? Or do now believe that "god" has laid him off for lack of work?
Theology is very silly.
Here's what the Church believes. It's a little long, but expalisn it properly.

Thanks

http://www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive...

How to read the account of the fall

390 The account of the fall in Genesis 3 uses figurative language, but affirms a primeval event, a deed that took place at the beginning of the history of man.264 Revelation gives us the certainty of faith that the whole of human history is marked by the original fault freely committed by our first parents.265

II. THE FALL OF THE ANGELS

391 Behind the disobedient choice of our first parents lurks a seductive voice, opposed to God, which makes them fall into death out of envy.266 Scripture and the Church's Tradition see in this being a fallen angel, called "Satan" or the "devil".267 The Church teaches that Satan was at first a good angel, made by God: "The devil and the other demons were indeed created naturally good by God, but they became evil by their own doing."268

392 Scripture speaks of a sin of these angels.269 This "fall" consists in the free choice of these created spirits, who radically and irrevocably rejected God and his reign. We find a reflection of that rebellion in the tempter's words to our first parents: "You will be like God."270 The devil "has sinned from the beginning"; he is "a liar and the father of lies".271

393 It is the irrevocable character of their choice, and not a defect in the infinite divine mercy, that makes the angels' sin unforgivable. "There is no repentance for the angels after their fall, just as there is no repentance for men after death."272

394 Scripture witnesses to the disastrous influence of the one Jesus calls "a murderer from the beginning", who would even try to divert Jesus from the mission received from his Father.273 "The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the works of the devil."274 In its consequences the gravest of these works was the mendacious seduction that led man to disobey God.

395 The power of Satan is, nonetheless, not infinite. He is only a creature, powerful from the fact that he is pure spirit, but still a creature. He cannot prevent the building up of God's reign. Although Satan may act in the world out of hatred for God and his kingdom in Christ Jesus, and although his action may cause grave injuries - of a spiritual nature and, indirectly, even of a physical nature- to each man and to society, the action is permitted by divine providence which with strength and gentleness guides human and cosmic history. It is a great mystery that providence should permit diabolical activity, but "we know that in everything God works for good with those who love him."275
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#452046 Jun 14, 2013
<quoted text>
just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
"Sola scriptura" means "bible alone, right?
So this "sola scriptura" concept must be somewhere in the Bible, right?
Where is this teaching, then? What book, chapter, and verse?
Pro 30:5 Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.
Pro 30:6 Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.
Doesn't say "Bible alone." Doesn't come close.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#452047 Jun 14, 2013
What we perceive as upheavals in nature, if perceived from another point of view is simply nature taking it's own course.

If there is another magnetic pole-shift in the making, there is no common-sense reason for humans to take it as a personal vendetta from a creator.

That would be silly indeed, as many forms of life, or many all forms of life will be faced with probably extinction.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#452048 Jun 14, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Theology is very silly.
Short form, I believe there's a God and a devil, a Heaven and a Hell.

I don't decide who goes to either place.
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#452049 Jun 14, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>look, that is abeleif hat ALL Christians have. we eleive the Bible is ALL TELLING, ALL KNOWING. IF YOU CATHOLICS DONT, THEN YOU FAIL TO UNDRSTAND GOD PLAN TO GIVE IT TO US.
AND PLEASE, WE ARE NOT STUPID ENOUGH TO THANK THAT THE RCC GAVE IT TO U. YOU CAME ALONG MUCH LATER WWHEN YOU CHOSE TO DISBELIEVE IN GOD AND HIS WORD.
So now the Bible is Omniscient? I thought that was a capacity only God had.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#452050 Jun 14, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
If we cannot trust in His WORD what do we have ???
We have our own self-worth, without interference of any religion.
truth

Huntingdale, Australia

#452051 Jun 14, 2013
Do you liked pamuk.pa muka mi je znas=muka=sorrofull getsemani guarden..

muka=bread
solomone kolomone masti slasti salamasi
posto vase salo
salo
o to se ti salis..pa salimo se..
jesi li gladan
na najidni se..o kako si mi debeo..imas sala..
evo sjedi ovdje meko je meca neka neka jastuk od lana
mr lama..o did you..you can lose salo kad se okipi od vrucine za chips..o yes sve je chipo sve je jeftino
where in nase kinge konge tange longe as language and llaungage..lipo lipo lezecke mrtve pare dzabe dzabe..nema dzabe ni u stare babe..grijes grijes..ma hajde jadan nebio koga ces ti ugrijati griji=error grijota je o jorte grijote je secret reci drugome
who betray in secret=how you call that
marge

Leesburg, GA

#452052 Jun 14, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. You two really do think Jesus passed out Bibles.
Warnings from Israel's Past

1Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea; 2And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea; 3And did all eat the same spiritual meat; 4And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ. 5But with many of them God was not well pleased: for they were overthrown in the wilderness.

6Now these things were our examples, to the intent we should not lust after evil things, as they also lusted. 7Neither be ye idolaters, as were some of them; as it is written, The people sat down to eat and drink, and rose up to play. 8Neither let us commit fornication, as some of them committed, and fell in one day three and twenty thousand. 9Neither let us tempt Christ, as some of them also tempted, and were destroyed of serpents. 10Neither murmur ye, as some of them also murmured, and were destroyed of the destroyer.

11Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: >and they are written for our admonition,< upon whom the ends of the world are come.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Roman Catholic Church Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ex-Catholic bishop of Phoenix accused of sex ab... 3 hr Christie Taylor 143
News Protestant, Catholic Church Leaders Unite for S... Nov 17 South Knox Hombre 2
News Four more men accuse priest of sexual abuse (Jan '08) Nov 16 PWR 1,750
the 32nd sunday in ordinary time nov. 12th Nov 12 nicole 1
Celibacy of the clergies Nov 12 South Knox Hombre 3
Rman Catholic daily missal, 1962 Nov 12 South Knox Hombre 2
News John Paul I Closer to Sainthood as Book Debunks... Nov 12 South Knox Hombre 1
More from around the web