Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
429,941 - 429,960 of 536,950 Comments Last updated 6 min ago
Yahchanan

Piedmont, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Only thing I know is their is going to be allot of people worship the beast right up until the end.....because they have been brainwashed from children Fact the roman catholic church is the beast and has deceived the whole world.

But very few will ever understand this.....
Human Being

Welsh, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I am!
I suggest that people don't believe anything I post as truth, as I have admitted on many occasions I only have concepts of what might or might not be true.
June VanDerMark:

We all do.

You go a step farther, in promoting some provocative questions. But you get trapped in a snare of overgeneralizing. Sometimes people fall for it too.
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
EXACTLY!
The bible is the book of confusion.
Thousands of christian beliefs ALL using the same holy bible, and inspired words, to prove their own conflicting doctrines.
To this day educated theologens around the world disagree with each other over terminology of bible meanings.
Educated religious translators argue with each other over Greek and Hebrew writings with no clear winner in sight.
Wouldn't an educated person like REGINA M. believe that God would make sure his words were crystal clear to all?
The fighting goes on today, in regards to the meanings of the bible.
Its been a catastrophic failure to educated mankind........and a crutch for those that live in fear.
Yep, reality isn't kind to these religious terrorists.

The Bible sure didn't help the two sides come together in 1861.

Looking at it objectively, I don't believe the Bible stopped any wars and it sure as heck seems to have contributed to several.

I wish their imaginary god would learn how to be more clear.

In 1861, was slavery morally right or wrong?

What day is the Sabbath?

What "laws" did Jesus change and what laws did he not change?

What is idol worship exactly?

etc..
Human Being

Welsh, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
If I was the creator and made it plain that I created good and evil in balance ... and I witnessed my offspring all leaning to grasp at the good and not the evil ... I would lean them in the other direction by force or by fiction ... but rest assured they WOULD lean the other way.
I would DIP them in evil if necessary ... to teach them some humility.
But then of course I am not a creator, and don't believe in a creator ... so what I believe is all simple-minded folly.
June VanDerMark:

That would indeed be mean and unjust.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Simple.
One word.
>"Potential"<
Prove that is incorrect.
Agreed!
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Yahchanan wrote:
Only thing I know is their is going to be allot of people worship the beast right up until the end.....because they have been brainwashed from children Fact the roman catholic church is the beast and has deceived the whole world.
But very few will ever understand this.....
If they were brainwashed as children, does that still mean that a loving god will punish them for eternity?

Seems so.

Imagine being an innocent child not knowing any better, punished by some psycho god for all eternity!

That doesn't sound like any god worthy of my worship. Pass.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Only a Catholic would ask that question!!!!
Quote: No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.
Its called a "Bible"....the Sacred Infallible Inspired Word of God...
The Bible are only words - thus any "dwelleth in us" is through a thought we have with our mind or consciousness. THus Self makes this determination to believe, and not the Bible.

Why don't you believe Jesus?

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
Find any reasonable intelligent four year old to explain this to you:
He is denying God,not because he sees no proof of, but because he can't see him.The same applies to air-wind-electricity.....
Answer the question: Tell me...what was there before our universe came into existence...
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Simple.
One word.
>"Potential"<
Prove that is incorrect.
Morgan Freeman, host of "Throught the Wormhole" on the Daily Show this past week (5/23/13), explained it to be a "singularity" - in a very simplistic way.

http://www.bing.com/videos/search...

If you dig deep into this theory - it seems to be a very good description.

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You are still a very devout Christian, and from my perception, you are here to defend your specialized version of Christianity.
I'm not a christian at all, i was never baptized for one,and never went to church growing up,i believe in evolutionism/realism,i don't believe in a super deity that is the creation of the universe,if there is one,where did he come from??
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Judged:

Regina wrote:
Prooftexting (sometimes "proof-texting" or "proof texting") is the practice of using isolated quotations from a document to establish a proposition. Using discrete quotations is generally seen as decontextualised. Critics note that such quotes may not accurately reflect the original intent of the author,[1] and that a document quoted in such a manner may not in fact support the proposition for which it was cited when read as a whole.
Many ministers and teachers have used some version of the following humorous anecdote to demonstrate the dangers of prooftexting: "A man dissatisfied with his life decided to consult the Bible for guidance. Closing his eyes, he flipped the book open and pointed to a spot on the page. Opening his eyes, he read the verse under his finger. It read, "Then Judas went away and hanged himself" (Matthew 27:5b) Closing his eyes again, the man randomly selected another verse. This one read, "Jesus told him,'Go and do likewise.'" (Luke 10:37b)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proof_texting
Its kinda like they use the Holy Scriptures as combination of tarot cards, fortune cookies and a secret treasure map... Zig zagging from verse, chapter and verse as if the Blessed Apostles revealed the faith that way. Anyone on Earth could design a Christianity if they were allowed to interpret the Bible that way. Obviously, thousands have.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Believing and then receiving Him, only then can one do what He says.
Why don't you believe Jesus in the non-canonical?

If one is to acknowledge what you have said as "true", then you also haven't even done what you have stated.

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
From what you glean from biblical words, do you believe that the god that serves Christian appetites, is offended by homosexuality?
will answer later gotta go to doctors,be back in 1.5 hrs.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Simple.
One word.
>"Potential"<
Prove that is incorrect.
Two word: BS

Answer the question: Tell me...what was there before our universe came into existence...

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Its kinda like they use the Holy Scriptures as combination of tarot cards, fortune cookies and a secret treasure map... Zig zagging from verse, chapter and verse as if the Blessed Apostles revealed the faith that way. Anyone on Earth could design a Christianity if they were allowed to interpret the Bible that way. Obviously, thousands have.
Sounds like the same process Catholicism uses.....
- when utilizing only a portion of Jesus, you do the same thing as non-Catholics....moving from verse to verse to find some sort of coalition between them.

But alas, your point is only applied to those who you object.

Well I just did the same to you, because all denominations do the same.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
Oxbow wrote:
He is denying God,not because he sees no proof of, but because he can't see him.The same applies to air-wind-electricity.....
<quoted text>
Morgan Freeman, host of "Throught the Wormhole" on the Daily Show this past week (5/23/13), explained it to be a "singularity" - in a very simplistic way.

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Your "anti-catholic" hate, hostility and vengeance is getting the "better of you" jethro8. You, my friend, are beginning to say and do "anything" in order to keep your "dillusions, heretical comments and vindictive slander "heated up" against Jesus Christ and His One (and only one PROVEN to be True) Apostolic Catholic Church. Sorry----but none of us Catholic, here on this forum as well as the 1,168 Billion Catholics around the world, "aren't buying ANYTHING that you are selling!! Again--you are wasting your time with your bogus "personal" attacks against Jesus Christ HIMSELF His One True CAtholic Church
same post as allways no facts to disprove me,when you come up with something to prove your point,please post it,your church is just an ordinary church,nothing special about it.
Human Being

Welsh, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
As a historian, I use the same methodology to Jesus as to Socrates.
Both are equally probable to have been actual historical figures.
As to the deification of both, unvalidated by evidence.
G O D

You aren't much of a historian. The paper trail exists starting 500 years after the death of Socrates and Plato, and consists of only a couple of sources.

Jesus, had the N.T., and the Early Church Fathers within 100 years of his death.

Socrates was never deified. Plato had more potential.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I love ot!
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Believing and then receiving Him, only then can one do what He says.
What's the difference between 1) believing and 2) accepting or "receiving" Him?

Why does St. James say:

24 You see now that it is by deeds, and not only by believing, that someone is justified.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I had to snip for space. Besides, everyone knows its 19th century quotes taken-out-of-context. We already told you what Catholic teaching is. I don't know why you dig this stuff up.
It seems like you and Ox are more interested in the thrill of antagonizing us then any real interest in truth. To me, its desperate of you to search old snippets like this. I guess I can see where you're coming from. It can't be easy for career deacons like yourself to get hit with the truth. You must feel like you ran into a brick wall. So you gotta scratch and claw for any 'justification' to keep the protesting going.
In the end, it'll be your words as they stand before God and that's that. I would hope you can reflect on that and start acting like the Christ you say you follow.
Brick wall? Not the Roman Catholic church certainly. A crumbling wall best describes the RCC.

You said, quote, " I would hope you can reflect on that and start acting like the Christ you say you follow." End quote.

Thank you for the tip. By the way, when you leave your confessional and the priest tells you to do 10 hail marys and 5 Our Fathers let me know how Mary helps you act, and act is the operative word, like Jesus Christ.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Roman Catholic Church Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 9 min Shamma 200,912
Bishop warns of priest sex abuse cases in Asia (Feb '12) 10 hr Rosita Felix RAPE... 181
Saint of the Day thread (May '10) 10 hr MichelleMC 2,419
Muslims Enter Catholic Church, See A Statue Of ... 11 hr mealima 21
Catholic Charities refuses to place children wi... (Jun '11) 11 hr nOgOd 620
Cuba to build first Catholic church in decades 12 hr Dino Amburdi 23
Historic First Time: Catholic Pontiff Pope Fran... 12 hr mealima 1

Search the Roman Catholic Church Forum:
•••