Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 559,294
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
marge

Ames, IA

#403626 Nov 20, 2012
Robert;

Matt 24:24

For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall show great signs and wonders; so that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
ReginaM

Lakewood, NJ

#403627 Nov 20, 2012
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
That is to bad they traded the incorruptable God: for that which is corrupted.
Like your last post, that's a spiteful remark with no basis in truth.

Also, don't forget, the Jews reject Christ.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#403628 Nov 20, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Anthony says.......An unbiased person might ask; Why would a Catholic priest counsel a girl in the confessional to get an abortion, which would incur an automatic excommunication for both of them? Why would a Catholic priest deny someone a sacrament for a bogus reason?
Michael says........you know yourself the last few years a lot of bad stuff has been flying under the radar within your church caused by the very teachers of the faith.
You need to pop your head up through that hard packed sand in minnesota once in awhile and see what is really going on.
Don't you remember the story on 20/20 or Dateline about 3 years ago a catholic priest had an affair with a married woman in his church and she got pregnant and he paid for her abortion? I believe it was in Pennsylvania or Ohio?
Why would ANY priest do this?
http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Cou...
When I look at my pristine lifestyle, God must be so impressed with me that he doesn't even have to keep watch over me.(lol)
I don't recall ever saying there weren't some sleazy priests out there. When Kay and her husband produce the newspaper articles supporting their story I might take another look. Until then, you three can huddle together and shake your fingers at them all. Have fun.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#403629 Nov 20, 2012
We are all aware of the report by the PEW RESEARCH CENTRE that states today 19.6% of americans have no religious affiliation, and rising quickly. 1 in every 3 americans under age 30 have no religious affiliation today.

10% of americans are former catholics.

What will these numbers be in 10 years? 25 years and what is the root cause of these failures and plummeting numbers of church attendees?

Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#403630 Nov 20, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
My job is to get the truth out. The truth might hurt, but it has to be told and re-inforced.
I try to be nice to you and this is way you treat me?
Ok Mike, produce the evidence of Kay's stories. Or is it just anti-Catholics who tell the truth?
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#403631 Nov 20, 2012
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Like your last post, that's a spiteful remark with no basis in truth.
Also, don't forget, the Jews reject Christ.
If you lived back in the day and you were a Jew like Jesus wouldn't you react the same way the jews did? They followed their faith. They do not believe in the trinity. That is their belief.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#403632 Nov 20, 2012
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Is God not the same God to all generations, to every tribe, tongue and nation.
Speaking in other tongues is one of the gifts of the Holy Spirit.
Are not these gift available to this generation.
God said in the last days I will pour out my spirit Act 2:17.
Then the Lord said,“If they do not believe you or pay attention to the first sign, they may believe the second. But if they do not believe these two signs or listen to you, take some water from the Nile and pour it on the dry ground. The water you take from the river will become blood on the ground.”

But take this staff in your hand so you can perform the signs with it.

The Lord said to Moses,“When you return to Egypt, see that you PERFORM before Pharaoh all the WONDERS I have given you the <<<<<POWER TO DO.>>>>> But I will harden his heart so that he will not let the people go.

Then Moses told Aaron everything the Lord had sent him to say, and also about all the SIGNS he had COMMANDED him to perform.

Moses and Aaron brought together all the elders of the Israelites, and Aaron told them everything the Lord had said to Moses. He also performed the SIGNS before the people, and they believed. And when they heard that the Lord was concerned about them and had seen their misery, they bowed down and worshiped.

Now, LTM, does God give anyone today this kind of POWER???

By what rule of Scripture from the Word of God would a "faith healer" establish that his work is authorized and confirmed by God?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#403633 Nov 20, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Only one Church can trace themselves to the upper room at Pentecost.
Its very clear the hierarchy never dissolved since then.
Bishops, Priests and Deacons were organized and ordained by the Apostles. This is the Church that Jesus Christ Himself started.
You said "all churches were started by ordinary men"
Not the Catholic Church. If so, who was the guy who started it?
Every single Protestant sect can be traced to some guy or girl.(thousands in the last century alone).
The Catholic Church has one founder. Jesus.
Interesting stat: do you know the Church existed for 70 yrs before the books of the New Testament were entirely written? The Church was functioning before the Apostle Paul wrote a single letter.
And..
The Church functioned for the next 300 yrs before the letters of Paul would be considered inspired by the Holy Spirit!
You can't deny this history.
The Church .."UNDER GRACE."..can trace itself to the sufferings, death resurrection and ascension of JESUS CHRIST GOD'S SON..

Php_3:10 That I may know him, and

the power of his resurrection, and

the fellowship of his sufferings,

being made conformable unto his death;

THE CHURCH IS AS OLD AS GOD IS...

-->JESUS WAS/IS A HIGH PRIEST FOREVER ......JUST HOW LONG IS FOREVER...

IS IT NOT ... FROM ....INFINITY ...THROUGH ...INFINITY!

Heb_7:17 For he testifieth, Thou art a priest -->for ever <--after the order of Melchisedec.

THE CHURCH ..THE CALLED OUT ONES...

EXISTED IN GENESIS under Adam

under Noah... age of conscience

under Abraham.... Faith

under Moses and the prophets..levies AND LAW

under GRACE ....THROUGH JESUS CHRIST.

THE CHURCH UNDER GRACE CAME FORTH BY THE TRAVAIL OF JESUS CHRIST AT CALVARY..

THE CHURCH WAS ORGANIZED IN THE UPPER ROOM... IN ACTS CHAPTER ONE...

IT WAS ENABLED/EMPOWERED (FOR SERVICE) AY JERUSALEM ...ON THE DAY OF THE FEAST OF PENTECOST. ACTS CHAPTER TWO.
ReginaM

Lakewood, NJ

#403635 Nov 20, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Regina,
You don't know how glad we are (my wife and myself) to hear that you are ok. My wife kept asking me, "have you heard from her yet?" We both were worried about you.
My wife and I put you on our prayer list and prayed everyday for you. Believe me, we know how those storms can be...we have been through many of them as we are not originally from Virginia.
I am so glad to see that people are helping out.
Do you need anything? I can use my resources and get your some help. Let me know.
Praise the Lord that you are ok.....
Hank, please thank your wife for her prayers and concern. I can't express how much that touches my heart. You've both been great, as have the others here who thought of me during this frightening time. The kindness of strangers...I really believe God blesses you most especially. "Who is your neighbor?"

Thank you also for your generous offer of help, but I'm okay. There was only minor damage to the house and yard. I already had some of it worked on. Got taken to the cleaners, of course. The contractors were out like vultures; the roofer was a killer. Finally got hold of the landscaper I use and he'll take the other tree down and do the rest of the work. He said a lot of his customers were ripped off by other people, so I'm not the only one. I don't know how these guys live with themselves.

Anyway, I'm grateful for your kind offer. If I have a question about something, maybe I'll give you a holler. That would be a big help. God bless you and your family. You'll be on my list of thanks this Thursday.

#403636 Nov 20, 2012
who="Michael"
Anthony says.......An unbiased person might ask; Why would a Catholic priest counsel a girl in the confessional to get an abortion, which would incur an automatic excommunication for both of them? Why would a Catholic priest deny someone a sacrament for a bogus reason?
Michael says........you know yourself the last few years a lot of bad stuff has been flying under the radar within your church caused by the very teachers of the faith.
You need to pop your head up through that hard packed sand in minnesota once in awhile and see what is really going on.
Don't you remember the story on 20/20 or Dateline about 3 years ago a catholic priest had an affair with a married woman in his church and she got pregnant and he paid for her abortion? I believe it was in Pennsylvania or Ohio?
When I look at my pristine lifestyle, God must be so impressed with me that he doesn't even have to keep watch over me.(lol)

Some folks either stick their head in the sand like an ostrich so they won't see what is going on (willingly blind), or they are deliberately presenting a lie.

That is why they call strangers 'liars'. I've got sense enough to see it when someone is doing wrong...even if it is family. Hiding the dirt under the rug only lasts till the bump begins to show...

KayMarie
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#403637 Nov 20, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
God has never given us something that we don't need...IF YOU DON'T WANT WHAT GOD OFFERS..IT IS YOUR LOSS...
AS FOR ME I'LL RECEIVE ANY THING HE OFFERS WITH GUSTO..
and don't need a family doctor at the age of 78...
If you want to short change yourself because of your unbelief..have at it
but as for me I will have confident expectations for all God has made available
___
THE APOSTLE PETER SAID..
Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
for example...
I am in good health because I trust in God for my health.
HIS WORD SAYS HEALING CAME AS PART/WITH MY SALVATION...I BELIEVE AND I RECEIVE...because God's word says so....and GOD DOES NOT LIE.
Isa 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
___
YOU SHUN HIS WORD ...I RECEIVE IT WITH GLADNESS.
as a little child...and reap the benefits
___
Jesus said
Mat_18:4 Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
Mat_18:5 And whoso shall receive one such little child in my name receiveth me.
Mar_10:15 Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein.
Luk_18:17 Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child shall in no wise enter therein.
___
David said...
Psa_68:19 Blessed be the Lord, who daily loadeth us with benefits, even the God of our salvation. Selah.
Psa_103:2 Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits:
Psa_116:12 What shall I render unto the LORD for all his benefits toward me?
Psa 116:13 I will take the cup of salvation, and call upon the name of the LORD.
Sorry, GIF, I have to disagree with you...

2 Thessalonians 2:9

9 The coming of the lawless one will be in accordance with how Satan works. <<<<<He will use all sorts of displays of power through signs and wonders that serve the lie,>>>>>

Please don't tell me that you believe in the teachings of Reverend Peter Popoff...
44GVN

Wentzville, MO

#403638 Nov 20, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you should take Fr. Dye up on his offer to discuss baptism with you.
Actually I have searched for his previous post and can't find it. Perhaps you can be of help. Got a post #?

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#403639 Nov 20, 2012
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>You hit it right on the Nail! Robert. I am glad you shared that,it is so true of the fact that as believers,we believe in the God of all Creation,and we realize that He is a GOD of Miracles as well.When and how He uses miracles and wonders is all in His Camp,to fit the agenda most important of all,TO s a v e souls and convince men and women of His Mercy,Love and Hope for the human race.
We do not have to understand all that God uses to reach souls,but we have to be willing to allow Him to operate as He sees fit.With all charismatic gifts,God is either in control or He is not.Paul the Apostle said,that he would rather speak in his own tongue for the understanding,but that the use of any gift was basically not to be used unless God had a purpose in using it.
The way God uses a miracle or wonderis to catch the attention of those who do not believe,but it seems that many believers are not willing to put their own understanding aside and LET GOD be GOD.It happens in all affiliations!
Pad good friend

It would seem to me that the charismatic gifts of God are mainly aimed at believers. They are a part of the Great Commission,as the Word of God is spread, but are infused by the Holy Spirit, and must also be exercised. Charismatic gifts are irrelevant to nonbeliever.

Miracles and signs are for both believers and nonbelievers. Some evidence them; as coming from God, and accept them, while the nonbeliever rejects them. We must apply a certain objective and logical caution regarding miracles, in that we do not fall into superstition.
ReginaM

Lakewood, NJ

#403640 Nov 20, 2012
From Saint Barbara's Church:

"The members of the Saint Barbara Greek Orthodox Church would like to help their Ocean County neighbors who have been affected in so many ways by the devastation of Hurricane Sandy. On November 20, from 4:00 PM to 7:00 PM, delicious, FREE home-cooked turkey dinners - with all the trimmings - will be served to anyone. Homeowners still without electric, children, EMS workers, police, firefighters, Evacuation Center residents, volunteers and anyone from everywhere and anywhere are welcome to come to our "house" for some comfort and nourishment. Just come and let your load be lifted for a few hours as you are our guests."

#403641 Nov 20, 2012
<quoted text>
The Church .."UNDER GRACE."..can trace itself to the sufferings, death resurrection and ascension of JESUS CHRIST GOD'S SON..
Php_3:10 That I may know him, and
the power of his resurrection, and
the fellowship of his sufferings,
being made conformable unto his death;
THE CHURCH IS AS OLD AS GOD IS...
-->JESUS WAS/IS A HIGH PRIEST FOREVER ......JUST HOW LONG IS FOREVER...
IS IT NOT ... FROM ....INFINITY ...THROUGH ...INFINITY!
Heb_7:17 For he testifieth, Thou art a priest -->for ever <--after the order of Melchisedec.
THE CHURCH ..THE CALLED OUT ONES...
EXISTED IN GENESIS under Adam
under Noah... age of conscience
under Abraham.... Faith
under Moses and the prophets..Levites AND LAW
under GRACE ....THROUGH JESUS CHRIST.
THE CHURCH UNDER GRACE CAME FORTH BY THE TRAVAIL OF JESUS CHRIST AT CALVARY..
THE CHURCH WAS ORGANIZED IN THE UPPER ROOM... IN ACTS CHAPTER ONE...
IT WAS ENABLED/EMPOWERED (FOR SERVICE) AY JERUSALEM ...ON THE DAY OF THE FEAST OF PENTECOST. ACTS CHAPTER TWO.
~~~

THE CHURCH UNDER GRACE WAS BIRTH AT CALVARY...

THROUGH THE TRAVAIL OF JESUS CHRIST OUR LORD AND SAVIOR..

It is sanctified and consecrated by his blood...

Believing in a earthly institution saves no one...

The gospel of Jesus Christ is not and earthly document..

it is a

WILL AND TESTAMENT,...OF WHICH ... Only SONS OF GOD ARE HEIRS...

A COVENANT,.... BETWEEN THOSE BORN OF THE SPIRIT AND GOD, SEALED BY THE HOLY GHOST.

A CONTRACT,...THAT IS BINDING... BY BOTH GOD AND MAN..

SIGNED BY THE PRECIOUS BLOOD OF JESUS...WHO BOWED HIS HEAD AND SAID IT IS FINISHED AND DIED...

THEN ROSE FROM THE DEAD ON THE THIRD DAY TO BE THE EXECUTOR OF HIS OWN WILL AND TESTAMENT...

This had never happened before and

it will never happen again ...

that.... A TESTATOR arose ....to become THE EXECUTOR ...of HIS OWN WILL.

1Ti 1:17 Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#403642 Nov 20, 2012
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Nothing has been abused more than the gift of Tongues,and I believe that everyone here who is civil will agree with me on that.
Nevertheless,just because something is abused or misused it does not mean that the basis of truth does not exist for it.
Emotionalism is the biggest contribution to the abuse of tongues,and healings and whatever else a group may be experiencing in their worship service,or Revival meeting.
I have seen the abuse through cheap emotionalism countless times,and it has left its mark on my attitude toward the public display on tongues I believe forever.
I call it frantic pentecostalism,and for many years I have not been partaker of such type meetings.Nevertheless, the particular church I attend,an Assembly of God congregation,has done its best to put the kabosh on such things,and frankly for the same reason you feel intimidated by frantic emotionalism.
I find the thin line between true worship with miracles accompanied,and the other counterfeit to be so bare,that many Christians have had to forsake the emotionalism altogether,in order to allow for the genuine article.
It is frustrating,some people in my church left because they no longer have services that emotionally stir people to seek the Baptism of the Spirit,with the accompany of tongues.In private cell groups there are those who will pray with and lead others to seek that work of Grace,but no longer is the corporate body entering into that.I personally do not miss it,and know for a fact that 90% of the people in my church do not yearn for it or miss it either.But we long for a genuine move of God to save and bring people who do not know HIM to Himself.
Now if the gifts of the Spirit evidence and are used to bring others in,that is fine,but I do not see the congregation purposely going into a n emotionally led worship to evidence the charismata.
If one wants to see such on a weekly basis,they can go to a Oneness Pentecostal church,seems that every large city has Apostolic or Oneness groups there,we have 4 in this city,and many people who want a very emotional loud worship with much tongue speaking can find it there.But they will also find some false teaching as well.Oneness Pentecostals reject the Godhead baptism,and call for only being baptized in Jesus'Name,and also they believe one is not saved unless they speak in unknown tongues,which is a false teaching that has no basis in the Christian Church as a whole.
Pad good friend

I have had a similar experience with tongues as you have, though I have only observed it happening in truth only once. I have seen it in large groups and small groups as well.

It is an emotionalism, but it goes a bit deeper. To me, Gal 5:20 applies here and the word "emulation" might be applied regarding the ways of the flesh.

We are encouraged to be emotional, as one that thinks, feels and behaves generates a certain behavior, and belief. But the Holy Spirit produces love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, meekness and temperance.
preston

Waverly, OH

#403643 Nov 20, 2012
who="Michael"
Some folks either stick their head in the sand like an ostrich so they won't see what is going on (willingly blind), or they are deliberately presenting a lie.
That is why they call strangers 'liars'. I've got sense enough to see it when someone is doing wrong...even if it is family. Hiding the dirt under the rug only lasts till the bump begins to show...
KayMarie
then tell us, did you or did you not infer that the words of jesus along with those spoken in hebrew(you do know that almost all of the OT was written in Hebrew) in the OT were forms of unknown tongues?

#403644 Nov 20, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, GIF, I have to disagree with you...
2 Thessalonians 2:9
9 The coming of the lawless one will be in accordance with how Satan works. <<<<<He will use all sorts of displays of power through signs and wonders that serve the lie,>>>>>
Please don't tell me that you believe in the teachings of Reverend Peter Popoff...
~~~

I DID NOT KNOW THE APOSTLE PETER'S LAST NAME...though he did pop-off a time or two...and once when he did....Jesus called Him satan...

I guess I am a lawless one....

I don't live under the Levitical law

I live under GRACE. I am a Gentile...

Jesus did not lie when he said...

Mat_10:8 Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.

Luk_9:2 And he sent them to preach the kingdom of God, and to heal the sick.

Luk_10:9 And heal the sick that are therein, and say unto them, The kingdom of God is come nigh unto you.

JUST BECAUSE THERE ARE COUNTERFEITS AND FALSE PROPHETS ...DO YOU THINK IT NEGATES THE POWER OF GOD...TO WORK THROUGH HIS SERVANTS...

DO YOU STOP DRINKING WATER JUST BECAUSE THERE ARE WELLS THAT ARE CONTAMINATED...

JESUS SAID...

Joh_7:38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.

PEOPLE ARE JUST AS THIRSTY AND IN NEED OF HEALING AND MIRACLES TODAY AS THEY WERE WHEN JESUS WAS UPON THE EARTH...

IF YOU HAVE FOUND A GOOD EXCUSE TO BE POWERLESS AND ENDEMIC...DON'T USE IT.

Heb_13:8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

preston

Waverly, OH

#403645 Nov 20, 2012
and also, I saw my friend TOM who said that the woman in question that he was praying for in tongues was a Vietnamese woman(nad Tom was never in Vietnam)
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#403646 Nov 20, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
If you're church leaders kept their zippers up and told no coverup lies there would be no stories about bad deeds by some of your church leaders now would there?.
Not true Michael! Anti-catholic hatred, hostility, condemnation and judgment "runs deep" since the Reformation. The fact is that YOU, Michael, would "dig up" and "invent" some other (so-called) "bad deeds" in order to keep your antagonistic vengence against Jesus Christ One True Catholic Church (on the front burner)! In reality---for people like you,(and other heretic Catholic "bashers" like you) "there is nothing good" about the Catholic Church.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Roman Catholic Church Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 50 min Shamma 207,292
Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays (Oct '07) 1 hr kent 219,630
Catholic Charities refuses to place children wi... (Jun '11) 1 hr kent 1,230
Six LI Catholic Elementary Schools to Close (Dec '11) 6 hr 31 years an RN 266
Pope plays key role in Cuba-US policy shift 10 hr Cat74 11
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 12 hr kent 83,896
Amazing change occurred at transgendered woman'... (Jan '14) 12 hr Catholic Girl 34
More from around the web