Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
388,401 - 388,420 of 533,195 Comments Last updated 6 min ago
Clay

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

ReginaM wrote:
https://www.facebook.com/photo .php?fbid=120889438069561& set=a.118208795004292.24650.11 6933195131852&type=1&t heater
Regina??
I can't get on your link on face book?

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

preston wrote:
<quoted text>karen, the Lord just gave this to me.
there are some people like you(I am telling it like he just gave it to me)who are sensitive to His spirit, and there are others who are not.
I know one thing,if I know I'm not where I should be in the Lord,
that conviction sure sets in and until I ask for forgivness,I am miserable.

I just can't stand it.
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
who="marge"
hey Gif, i'm not quibbling but trying to understand, so in the above verse,==>forbid not to speak with tongues.,<== we're still saying that is for the unbeliever, correct?
Tongues ARE for the unbeliever, but they are also an evidence of the presence of the Holy Spirit to the believer. Peter and other Christians were convinced that God had truly come to the Gentiles when they heard them speak by the Holy Spirit. It greatly increases the faith of the believer when they experience a manifestation of the Holy Spirit.
KayMarie
no they are not evidence. my experince trumps and false feeling of speaking some gibberish.

I received the Holy Ghost (john7:39)36 hours after I was Saved.and it did greatly increase my faith, BUT I NEVER SPOKE IN TONGUES NOR DID I WANT TO.

and later after I was setled in a chruch some people came in and sat behind us. I was setting with another older minister, and I felt very uneasy with them so close.

and he just laughed because he knew that i knew something wasnt right. and after church, he asked me what I was feeling and I told him and he said they are pentecostals which is why you were feeling something about them that wasnt right.

CHRISTIANS JUST ARENT COMFORTABLE AROUND YOUR KIND OF PEOPLE

NOW GETTING BACK TO PETER AND THE ROMAN

these were Roman soldiers who spoke Latin and peter understood what he said. so it wasnt jibber jabber as people,like you utter
ReginaM

Point Pleasant Beach, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
Preston,I'm not wanting to argue,you know I don't like it.
I must tell you that we do not believe that we can live like the devil and get away with it.
That is not preached in our church and other Baptist churches around here.
It's a repentant way.
The Holy Spirit lets me know if I have done/said something wrong and I can feel that conviction and just have to repent.
For what it's worth, I agree absolutely. Although I don't believe in the doctrine of OSAS, what you presented above is basic to Christian teaching. Look at all the people who post that Catholics sin up a storm and don't worry about it because they think they can just go to confession and have their sins forgiven. That is not what we're taught. That's a sin of presumption. We are never to presume on God's mercy. I think Preston was making a particular point to a particular person.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

who="marge"
hey Gif, i'm not quibbling but trying to understand, so in the above verse,==>forbid not to speak with tongues.,<== we're still saying that is for the unbeliever, correct?
I'm glad that you called attention to the "forbid not to speak with tongues." Imagine telling someone that they could not permit the Holy Spirit to speak.

KayMarie
ReginaM

Point Pleasant Beach, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

marge wrote:
Thanks to all for the posts about speaking in tongues, i agree with what you said.
REGINA!!!
well talk to us girl!
Hey, Marge! How are you, are you being good? I've missed you!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

ReginaM wrote:
https://www.facebook.com/photo .php?fbid=120889438069561& set=a.118208795004292.24650.11 6933195131852&type=1&t heater
That's wonderul Regina.
I love how comunities get together when people are in need.

How did you fare in the storm?

My usbands nephew works for the Powell Valley electric company here and they sent him up that way to help get the power back on.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Husband,not usband.
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
What Preston said about Graham is wrong to say.wrong ...wrong and wrong
The difference is, Preston isn't arguing with Billy Graham on a personal level.
Old G, is arguing with Preston on a personal level
And Old G wished Preston to eternal Hell.
This guy is a seven day advertist who believes that every person who goes to church on Sunday is going to hell. now he mocks my description of how I feel about a false preacher but his doctrine condemms all of us to hell.

he has changed id's several times but I feel cetain that I have withstood him and embarressed him so much in the past that he tries his best to antagonize me, but it doesnt work,

the Bible speaks about where false teachers will end up, and also where someone who mocks the 'apple of Gods eye" which is Israel will end up.

as it is written, I shall curse them who curse you.

that is grahams future, not my words or decision. I can state what the Bible says.
anyway, he doesnt care what I say about graham or anyone else. he is just doing the work of his father the devil.

Conservative christians split with graham many years ago as I showed, and I have seen the farce that he presents
4GVN

Sikeston, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

4GVN wrote:
QUOTE who="preston" <quoted text> it just means that man, nor the devil can take their souls from Jesus.
SEE,.
So no 'man' according to Preston can take thier souls from Jesus. Brilliant.
ReginaM

Point Pleasant Beach, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

confrinting with the word wrote:
who="ReginaM"
Hi, Karen! Thank you for worrying, it means a lot to me.(That didn't come out right, but you know what I mean, lol.) Did you click on the link? That's just one example of what people are doing. Things are very bad for so many here. People are still walking around in a daze. The woman who hosts "A Place at the Table" is trying to match up the displaced and out-of-state workers with those willing to welcome them into their homes for Thanksgiving dinner.
Good to see you back, Regina. Been missing you.
KayMarie
Thank you, KayMarie, that's very kind.
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
For what it's worth, I agree absolutely. Although I don't believe in the doctrine of OSAS, what you presented above is basic to Christian teaching. Look at all the people who post that Catholics sin up a storm and don't worry about it because they think they can just go to confession and have their sins forgiven. That is not what we're taught. That's a sin of presumption. We are never to presume on God's mercy. I think Preston was making a particular point to a particular person.
thanks, that is exactly what I was doing. oddjg is the guy with the filthy mouth and now he has turned it on me, like he did to you and karen back in june.

and that is probably why God gave me something to tell her afew minutes ago.

glad and pleased that you are ok.
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>Regina??
copy it and paste it on your browser. it looks like a gigantic yard sale.and it is really cool
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

4GVN wrote:
QUOTE who="preston" <quoted text> it just means that man, nor the devil can take their souls from Jesus.
SEE,.
I agreed with that verse, no man nor the devil can take a soul away from Jesus, neither are strong enough to take from God.

however in that equation you lose your focus on one thing.

that man or woman can take themself away from God.just as demas did.
ReginaM

Point Pleasant Beach, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>Regina??
Hi, Clay! The link works okay on this end; it should take you to a picture with caption. I'm not on Facebook, but found this on the page of "A Place at the Table: A Thanksgiving Table Share":

https://www.facebook.com/tablesharing

If you scroll down, you'll see the picture I posted.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

who="LTM" Some understand praying in tongues to be a “secret code language” that prevents Satan and his demons from understanding our prayers and thereby gaining an advantage over us. This interpretation is unbiblical for the following reasons: 1) The New Testament consistently describes tongues as a human language. It is unlikely that Satan and his demons are unable to understand human languages. 2) The Bible records countless believers praying in their own language, out loud, with no concern of Satan intercepting the prayer. Even if Satan and/or his demons hear and understand the prayers we pray, they have absolutely no power to prevent God from answering the prayers according to His will. We know that God hears our prayers, and that fact makes it irrelevant whether Satan and his demons hear and understand our prayers.
Acts chapter 2 describes the first occurrence of the gift of tongues. On the day of Pentecost, the apostles spoke in tongues. Acts chapter 2 makes it clear that the apostles were speaking in a human language (Acts 2:6-8). The word translated “tongues” in both Acts chapter 2 and 1 Corinthians chapter 14 is glossa which means “language.” It is the word from which we get our modern English word “glossary.” Speaking in tongues was the ability to speak in a language the speaker does not know, in order to communicate the gospel to someone who does speak that language. In the multicultural area of Corinth, it seems that the gift of tongues was especially valuable and prominent. The Corinthians believers were able to better communicate the gospel and God’s Word as a result of the gift of tongues. However, Paul made it abundantly clear that even in this usage of tongues, it was to be interpreted or “translated”(1 Corinthians 14:13, 27). A Corinthian believer would speak in tongues, proclaiming God’s truth to someone who spoke that language, and then that believer, or another believer in the church, was to interpret what was spoken so that the entire assembly could understand what was said.
gotquestions.com

There is a difference in 'praying in the Spirit'(which Paul says he will do, though he does not understand what he says), and a Holy Ghost message to the church. Many people may be praying in the Spirit, and as their prayer may be personal, it is not necessary to interpret. They speak to God.

When a message is given to the church, it is plain to all that the speaker is addressing the body. This is to be interpreted, and he tells us to pray for the interpretation.(If it be a known language, why should I have to pray for its meaning?) I have witnessed whole congregations falling silent (even babies) when a message of this sort is given. He instructs that no more than three messages of this sort are to be given without an interpretation. Point being that if the Holy Spirit wishes to address the body, it would be rude to continue without seeking the interpretation.

Fifty years ago such manifestations were common. We do not see as much today because we are not 'tarrying' in prayer as they did in the Upper Room. All great revivals of history were a result of people gathering in prayer until they were "endued with power" as Jesus instructed.

KayMarie

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi, Karen! Thank you for worrying, it means a lot to me.(That didn't come out right, but you know what I mean, lol.) Did you click on the link? That's just one example of what people are doing. Things are very bad for so many here. People are still walking around in a daze. The woman who hosts "A Place at the Table" is trying to match up the displaced and out-of-state workers with those willing to welcome them into their homes for Thanksgiving dinner.
That's wonderful Regina.

I pray that things get better real soon for all.

When things like that happen,we get a new perspective.
Little things don't matter like they once did.

I know that happened to me after I lost my son.

I use to worry about little things,
as my Mamaw Partin alway's told me;

"Yer borrowin trouble"

After losing my son,the things that I once thougt was important
were not that important to me anymore.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

preston wrote:
<quoted text>copy it and paste it on your browser. it looks like a gigantic yard sale.and it is really cool
I agree is very cool.
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

preston wrote:
<quoted text>This guy is a seven day advertist who believes that every person who goes to church on Sunday is going to hell. now he mocks my description of how I feel about a false preacher but his doctrine condemms all of us to hell.
he has changed id's several times but I feel cetain that I have withstood him and embarressed him so much in the past that he tries his best to antagonize me, but it doesnt work,
the Bible speaks about where false teachers will end up, and also where someone who mocks the 'apple of Gods eye" which is Israel will end up.
as it is written, I shall curse them who curse you.
that is grahams future, not my words or decision. I can state what the Bible says.
anyway, he doesnt care what I say about graham or anyone else. he is just doing the work of his father the devil.
Conservative christians split with graham many years ago as I showed, and I have seen the farce that he presents
I personally like Billy Graham and many other Protestant preachers...(Rick Warren is another)

They are great within the bubble of the theology they accept.
Catholicism is true to the word of God.. In the language and culture of the Apostles time period.
I love that about it. Really.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

guest wrote:
-
Victims of Catholicism say - "The Inquisition was a Roman Catholic tribunal for discovery and punishment of heresy, which was marked by the severity of questioning and punishment and lack of rights afforded to the accused."
http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/H ...
-
YOU say - "Any sins committee by members of the Catholic Church go AGAINST Catholic teachings."
-
You know, Clay, when you say that, YOU sound just like the Muslim who says, "Islam is a *peaceful* religion." Which is a pretty ridiculous statement, don't you think?
-
To think Muslims (Arabs) learned the art of 'religious warfare' by watching the Catholics in action - they watched for three hundred years! Then they got tired of being slaughtered, Mohammad was born, and now we have believers in Islam who believe much like the Catholic Church did - that it is OK for them to do God's job and execute evildoers. But the thing is, when self righteous religious leaders get busy 'executing' evildoers/heretics, they are especially brutal.
-
-
Now I challenge you to look into THOSE subjects, but I don't think you will. Catholics can't handle the truth and so they must lie. But they mostly lie to themselves.
-
-
Clay wrote:
Actually, Catholics would never deny sins of past Catholics in the Church.
All those members broke the rules of the Catholic Church. Why won't you get that?
-
"All those members broke the rules of the Catholic Church. Why won't you get that?"
-
-
Why. won't. you. get. that.?
-
I DID, Clay. That's. why. I. left. the. Church.

Catholics "never" deny the sins of "past Catholics" -- but they certainly do a fine job of denying the sins of PRESENT Catholics, don't they? going so far as to protecting pedophile priests by housing them in Vatican City.
-
Then again, Catholics 'never' really deny their own sins, either. Do they? No. They don't really have to - because they get this nifty little "get out of hell free" card every time they go to confession.
-
How convenient.
-
They never deny the sins of "past Catholics" ...and worse yet, they never acknowledge the sins of "present Catholics."

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

15 Users are viewing the Roman Catholic Church Forum right now

Search the Roman Catholic Church Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Comment: Let's allow Christians to have their v... 27 min Liam R 1,044
US report says religious freedom in Cuba is bad... 2 hr El Cid 2
Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 3 hr Kareem O Wheat 200,049
Lesbian Fired by Catholic Food Pantry Files Suit 3 hr WasteWater 17
Pope to visit Sri Lanka, Philippines in... 6 hr Tamules r TERRORISTS 2
Priest aims to find Catholic mission church per... (Jul '09) 23 hr bacon hater 35
First Australian Bishop Charged With Child Sexu... Sat Stan Dandyliver 2
•••
•••