Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 690591 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

preston

Athens, OH

#395535 Oct 11, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
I will no longer respond to your insults after this...
I will strive to do what Jesus said...
Mat_5:44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
Luk_6:28 Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you.
BLESSINGS
GOD IS FAITHFUL
the FRIST insult today came from you not me, just like always.

I remember seveal years ago that buckster told you the very same thing.

you come on here and insult me with your infantile behavior and then you expect me to remain silent while you show your xxx off.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#395536 Oct 11, 2012
MICHAEL wrote:
When I use to go to church.
52 weeks in a row, then start all over again
I would watch as people walked into church week after week, listened to the same things, sang the same songs, kneeeled, sat down, stood up exactly the same every week. The priest would speak from the bully pulpit, we made the sign of the cross, received the eucharist as if it would remedy our last weeks transgressions, and then filed back out into the world where these people proceeded to act in pretty un-Christian ways for the next 7 days.
Nothing has changed since back in the day when I use to belong.
~~~

IF THOSE YOU DESCRIBED ABOVE ARE STANDING BETWEEN YOU AND GOD

THEY ARE CLOSER TO GOD THAN YOU ARE.

The revelation that you have received from watching others..

has given you a choice...

If you found no satisfaction in the rituals that you have observed and you have a longing for something deeper than a passive
relationship with God.

You can go to God alone with out any of the trappings, and rituals that

you have seen, bow you heart before him..And talk to God ...in Jesus

Name...Ask Him for forgiveness of your sins and establish your own

personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ..

The real truth is ..You don't... and never did... need.. the rituals or any denominational format..

The words of the prodigal Son was..

Luk 15:18 I will arise and go to my father, and will say unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and before thee,

Your road to Salvation...

does not necessitate what you have described above in your post.

The Bible says

Rom 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Rom 10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

Rom 10:12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.

Rom 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#395537 Oct 11, 2012
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes - now you see the Light.
"For those with eyes, should see; and those with ears, should hear."
- Jesus
"Those with a mind should think." - New Age
Greetings NASL good friend

I have had very interesting discussions with gnostics....I suppose, we are to consider, "How much knowledge is sufficient to know Jesus, in order to have salvation?"
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#395538 Oct 11, 2012
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>No disrespect taken. I am familiar with the position you are presenting.
Please study it further...
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#395539 Oct 11, 2012
First Impression: What We Learn from King Ahaz’s Seal
by Robert Deutsch

The king whose seal is impressed in this well-preserved piece of reddish-brown clay is King Ahaz of Judah, who ruled from 732 to 716 BCE. Alas, he was not a good king: He "did not do what was right in the sight of the Lord his God, as his ancestor David had done" (2 Kings 16:2; 2 Chronicles 28:1). He worshipped idols and followed pagan practices. "He even made his son pass through fire, according to the abominable practices of the nations" (2 Kings 16:3).

The seal contains not only the name of the king, but the name of his

father, King Yehotam. In addition, Ahaz is specifically identified as

"king of Judah." The Hebrew inscription, which is set on three lines,

reads as follows: "l'hz*y/hwtm*mlk*/yhdh ", which translates, "Belonging to

Ahaz (son of) Yehotam, King of Judah."

Note that dots, or word dividers, separate the words.(The slashes merely

indicate line breaks.) The engraver had no hesitation in continuing a word

(Yehotam) from one line to the next, a common custom even though they had

no hyphens in those days.

Although there are word dividers, the usual register dividers (incised

lines that separate the lines of text, as in the example shown on p.56)

are absent from this seal. The letters are small (the seal itself is only

2/5 of an inch wide), but they are of very high quality. A triple framing

line is engraved around the edge of the oval seal.

Does it seem plain for a king? Perhaps so. The seal is aniconic, that is,

without any illustration or decoration whatsoever. The back of the seal

may well have been engraved with some symbol or royal emblem, but we only

have the impression of the front. More than half a century ago, a seal

belonging to a high official of Ahaz's court was published. This seal

contains, in addition to the man's name and his identification as a

"servant of Ahaz," an engraving of a sun disk with ram's horns, three

Osiris crowns and uraei (sacred asps) hanging from the ram's horns.#5 We

might expect a king's seal to be equally ornate. But if any royal symbols

appeared on Aliaz's seal, they were on the back.

The name Ahaz is an interesting one. It appears in the annals of the

Assyrian king Tiglath-pileser III (744-727 BCE), who boasts that he

received tribute from Ahaz. Here it is spelled Ia-u'-ha-zi or Yeho-ahaz

(in cuneiform).#6 This longer form of Ahaz's name indicates that the form

used on the seal has dropped the theophoric, or divine, element. Such

divine elements often appear at the beginning or end of ancient names.

Many divine names -- Qos, Baal, Milcom -- are incorporated into personal

names in this way, as is, of course, the name of the Hebrew God Yahweh

(YHWH). The form of Yahweh incorporated into names in the northern kingdom

of Israel differed from that used in the southern kingdom of Judah. In the

north Yo (YW) was generally used at the beginning of a name and -yo (YW)

or -yah (YH) at the end of a name. In Judah it was Yeho (YHW) at the

beginning of a name (as in the cuneiform example mentioned above) and -

yahu (YHW) at the end.

http://www.robert-deutsch.com/en/monographs/m...

Interesting that King AHAZ is metioned in

Isaiah 14

28In the year that king Ahaz died was this burden.

29Rejoice not, all of Philistia, because the rod of him that struck you is

broken: for out of the serpent's root shall come forth an adder, and his

fruit shall be a fiery flying serpent.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#395540 Oct 11, 2012
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>I was wise enough to give you a more thorough answer that was correct.
Why does everyone have to have an attitude when discussing scripture???

I never said that you were wrong....

This is not a match of HA, HA, HA, I got one up on you....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#395541 Oct 11, 2012
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>No disrespect taken. I am familiar with the position you are presenting.
Remember, partaking of the Lord's Supper is a command...we always want to be sure that we are partaking in a worthy manner PLEASING to God....
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#395542 Oct 11, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
I will no longer respond to your insults after this...
I will strive to do what Jesus said...
Mat_5:44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
Luk_6:28 Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you.
BLESSINGS
GOD IS FAITHFUL
Yes best to just ognore him from now on and try to stay with the scriptures with a decent and orderly attitude.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#395543 Oct 11, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Robert,
Truly, truly, I say to you, it is not Moses who has given you the bread out of heaven, but [[[[[it is My Father who gives you the true bread out of heaven.]]]]]
For the bread of God is that which comes down out of heaven, and gives life to the world.
Jesus was equating Himself with the unleavened bread...
Why unleavened bread?
Greetings Truth good friend

1 Cor 5:7-8
" Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us:
Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth."

The springtime Feast of Unleavened Bread is of new life, and this new life to the Christian is in Jesus Christ....
preston

Athens, OH

#395544 Oct 11, 2012
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>Yes best to just ognore him from now on and try to stay with the scriptures with a decent and orderly attitude.
hopefully, he will take your advice rather than coming on here and attacking me evey day like he does.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#395545 Oct 11, 2012
Fr Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
If it is "just a memorial," as you claim, what difference could it possibly make.
Jesus would be really and truly absent either way ...
Do This In Remembrance of Me....

Apart from this supper, nothing else is said in the Bible to be done in Christ's remembrance.

Does it say "Do This In Remembrance of Me" at Easter time???

Does it say "Do This in Remembrance of Me" at Christmas time???

Of course not....

remembrance:

to cause one to remember, bring to remembrance, recall to mind: to another

to put one in remembrance, admonish, of something

to be reminded, to remember

Leviticus 24:7

7 And thou shalt put pure frankincense upon each row, that it may be on the bread for a [[[memorial,]]] even an offering made by fire unto the Lord.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#395546 Oct 11, 2012
Ahaz Reigns in Judah

1 In the seventeenth year of Pekah the son of Remaliah, Ahaz the son of

Jotham, king of Judah, began to reign. 2 Ahaz was twenty years old when he

became king, and he reigned sixteen years in Jerusalem; and he did not do

what was right in the sight of the Lord his God, as his father David had

done. 3 But he walked in the way of the kings of Israel; indeed he made

his son pass through the fire, according to the abominations of the

nations whom the Lord had cast out from before the children of Israel. 4

And he sacrificed and burned incense on the high places, on the hills, and

under every green tree.

17 And King Ahaz cut off the panels of the carts, and removed the lavers

from them; and he took down the Sea from the bronze oxen that were under

it, and put it on a pavement of stones. 18 Also he removed the Sabbath

pavilion which they had built in the temple, and he removed the king’s

outer entrance from the house of the Lord, on account of the king of

Assyria.
ReginaM

Kearny, NJ

#395547 Oct 11, 2012
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Good Response,but the fact remains Robert F. that spiritual worth of what Jesus did lasts much longer than what is perceived in a physical manner.The Spirit brings all to mind as to what is to be remembered of our Lord's death and all that it entailed.Nevertheless,no matter what is argued on this thread,Catholics will continue to believe that the bread and wine literally change into the body and blood of Christ,and other Christians will consider symbolic change,and yet still others will know that it all depends on the Spirit of Truth,as Jesus said in John 6,in the last verses of that chapter.
Go for it,but the trouble is with the RCC is that it is not satisfied to tolerate the understanding of the various communions,which is a matter of faith with us all.We all believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and His power to give to us the Spirit of Truth,we as humans may not be able to comprehend all of its meaning,but FAITH is a good start.Faith is what the LORD honors.
Catholics claim that they only have the truth about communion,and believe that the Real Presence gives life to the church,well that of course is good as far as f a i t h will bring one to believe such. However other non-Catholic Christians experience spiritual blessing and are brought to a spiritual encounter with Communion,as a Memorial of His death.It is all at the foot of the Cross with Christ,and HE being the Head of the whole Body honors faith,Love and openness to what He is able to do in us.
The Orthodox have a slightly different understanding of Communion than the Roman Catholics,some of you can explain it,and others do not do so well,but they too have a sacred devotion for the Eucharist,but how come their married priests are able to consecrate as it were,when the RC celibate believe they are the only ones that can?
How is Orthodox communion the Real Presence if in fact the RCC does not recognize their priests(many of whom are married) who consecrate it in their particular fashion? The RCC may be reaching out to Orthodoxy these days in a big way,but ultimately it does not recognize Orthodox priests as having the same anointing as their own.The Rift is still there,and it has to do with every aspect of difference between the two communions of fellowship,both in the RC and the Orthodox.Why are there so many RCs who have converted to Orthodoxy adamant against their former church,embracing Orthodoxy as the true church?
IT all boils down to faith,we are not bound to have the God conscious understanding of spiritual things,but we are blessed by God in our faith as we attempt to appreciate and understand His glorious LIFE in ours.We all are blessed to know Him,and to the extent that we know Him is all attributed to the Holy Spirit.
We most certainly do recognize Orthodox priests. The Church also permits us to receive communion in an Orthodox church under certain, limited circumstances, so we recognize the Real Presence in their Eucharist. Not sure where you're getting your misinformation, Dan. I'm sure we've explained this to you several times in the past.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#395548 Oct 11, 2012
Fr Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
If it is "just a memorial," as you claim, what difference could it possibly make.
Jesus would be really and truly absent either way ...
How can Jesus be absent???

Matthew 18:20

20 For where two or three gather in MY name, <there am I with them.”>
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#395549 Oct 11, 2012
continued
2 Kings 17

New King James Version (NKJV)

Hoshea Reigns in Israel

17 In the twelfth year of Ahaz king of Judah, Hoshea the son of Elah became king of Israel in Samaria, and he reigned nine years. 2 And he did evil in the sight of the Lord, but not as the kings of Israel who were before him. 3 Shalmaneser king of Assyria came up against him; and Hoshea became his vassal, and paid him tribute money. 4 And the king of Assyria uncovered a conspiracy by Hoshea; for he had sent messengers to So, king of Egypt, and brought no tribute to the king of Assyria, as he had done year by year. Therefore the king of Assyria shut him up, and bound him in prison.
ReginaM

Kearny, NJ

#395550 Oct 11, 2012
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>It is funny how you turn things around to justify your allegiance to a church organization,when in fact we are called to Christ,not a church.The Body of Christ helps to sustain,and encourage us in our faith,and of course teaching is all there as well.
Completeness in Christ is what HE D I D not what a church did to believe and spread the Gospel.If a believer finds truth,hope and rest in the Lord,than it is what came from Christ that made the difference. NO church institution has the ability to ultimately do what Christ can for a living soul.The Church can encourage,build up,and be part of the pruining process to shape a believer,but it is not the all in all for the believer,only Christ can reach deep into a soul and change it for His glory."From glory to glory He changes us."
I am unhappy about the divide,but I know that also compromise to unite is worse than the divide."I wish you were more happy with your choice." How could I be unhappy with Jesus? Think about that before you respond.I may be happy with a particular church,and know that He wants me there to anchor down and build roots for family and whatever,but that does not mean I become enamored from the rest of the body of Christ because I found a church I am happy with,and vice versa. My Joy and rest has to be rooted in Christ,because the church is made up of men and women who fail as I do.
Luke 10:16 "He who hears you, hears me; he who rejects you, rejects me; and he who rejects me, rejects him who sent me."

You're trying to separate Christ from His church, Dan. Can't be done.
4GVN

Saint Louis, MO

#395551 Oct 11, 2012
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
We most certainly do recognize Orthodox priests. The Church also permits us to receive communion in an Orthodox church under certain, limited circumstances, so we recognize the Real Presence in their Eucharist. Not sure where you're getting your misinformation, Dan. I'm sure we've explained this to you several times in the past.
The church 'PERMITS' us to...
4GVN

Saint Louis, MO

#395552 Oct 11, 2012
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
HOJO;
.......Within each faith, is the belief that they are the only ones who are doing it "right". That everyone else is praying wrong, believing wrong, praying to the wrong one, believing in the wrong one.
So as much as a religion may preach a "Love thy neighbor" message, the followers only embrace those neighbors who are just like themselves.......
Very sad!
Not true, Michael.
LTM

Geraldton, Canada

#395553 Oct 11, 2012
Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
Your's is much worse than mine no doubt.
I have never gotten that bad and I pray I don't.
That's why I don't like to complain so much,I know others are worse than I.
I have non narcotic pills for inflamation,but they don't help that much.
There are day's that I can't sit,stand or do anything without pain running down my leg.
Usually,if I lie in bed,it helps.
For my Osteoarthritis,heat is the only thing that really help.
I'm so glad your getting better.
Hi F.O.L. Prestons pain is severe, I can only tell you my experieces with this problem.
At the present time, I am being treated for Sciatica. I have had pain in the small of my back that goes into my butt, down the front and back of my legs into my feet. Because I have a 75% disabilty in my spine my Doctor sent me for an MRI the bones in my spine are wearing away. The nerve it effects goes around your leg so the pain can be in back front or inside the thigh, goes to the knee, ankles and into the foot. Its painful to sit, walk and even stand for any time.
Please Go to a doctor F.O.L. if your disc's are involved you shouldn't leave it and only a doctor can till you that.
Don't fool around with you spine Sweety ok. with the right exercises you could ease a lot of pain, all the pills in the world will help
LTM

Geraldton, Canada

#395554 Oct 11, 2012
all the pills in the world will help

SORRY MEANT TO SAY WON'T HELP

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Roman Catholic Church Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ex-Catholic bishop of Phoenix accused of sex ab... Tue roymoores tightie... 145
News Protestant, Catholic Church Leaders Unite for S... Nov 17 South Knox Hombre 2
News Four more men accuse priest of sexual abuse (Jan '08) Nov 16 PWR 1,750
the 32nd sunday in ordinary time nov. 12th Nov 12 nicole 1
Celibacy of the clergies Nov 12 South Knox Hombre 3
Rman Catholic daily missal, 1962 Nov 12 South Knox Hombre 2
News John Paul I Closer to Sainthood as Book Debunks... Nov 12 South Knox Hombre 1
More from around the web