Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 646503 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

ReginaM

Little Falls, NJ

#371014 Jul 5, 2012
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
What it has to do is that in greater numbers catholics DO NOT follow the teachings of the church. Call them what ever you want.
You claim in your post that protestants teach that contraception/abortion are OK and catholics teach they are not, yet more catholic women per 1,000 have abortions than protestant women and the majority of catholic women want contraceptives available to them.
That sounds like a church out of touch with its followers.
You stated recently that the catholic church should become smaller to accomodate those that are devout to their faith. Right now there are more catholics clinging to the fence then ever before. When is your church going to shake them all off and become what you claim they should be?
Your church leaders should come up with an altimatum. Either your in or your out. Until that happens negative statistics will just keep coming in as all catholics are lumped together.
Your short term memory is failing....

According to a more recent survey (2008):

- Thirty-seven percent of women obtaining abortions identify as Protestant and 28% as Catholic.[6]
http://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/fb_induced_abo ...

Contrary to your personal philosophy, repeating a lie often enough doesn't make it true.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#371015 Jul 5, 2012
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>I you was keeping the traditions spoken of during the apostles time and Christ'a you would be keeping the Sabbath now wouldn't you..........lol....you are keeping man made traditions Peanut !!!!
What might they be?
Clay

Denver, CO

#371016 Jul 5, 2012
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
1... Make up your mind. You claim it is not a church problem, but then say the church made great strides in correcting the problem.
2... What mainstream Protestant churches claim that they are the only true church? I keep hearing this as part of Catholic's manic denial, but no one has identified the mainstream Protestant denominations.
3... Thank you!! Calling me an idiot and a pedophile only validates that my reason and logic are sound (very true) and you have no other way of refuting. Anger and name-calling are your only outlets.
That's what happens when you try to make God out to be a fool. It makes no sense.
The heads of the Church made great strides to correct the problem. Their clergy broke the commandments of God and the rules of the Church. What more can I say? You don't have the intellectual capacity to understand anything. You live in your world and that's it.
What Protestants claim their the one true Church??
get real. All of them. Just ask them. Especially the evangelical born Agains.
But you could also ask Baptist, SDAs and Jehovah's too.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#371017 Jul 5, 2012
guest wrote:
if Catholics would simply read a "Red Letter" Edition of the Bible and read only the words in RED, they would know what God wants from the mouth of His very own SON .... but Catholics think the words of the Pope are more true and more spiritual the the words of Jesus!
sad.
very sad.
the Pope has taught Catholics to not believe the words of Christ Himself!
tragic!
Jesus spoke English?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#371018 Jul 5, 2012
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
What it has to do is that in greater numbers catholics DO NOT follow the teachings of the church. Call them what ever you want.
You claim in your post that protestants teach that contraception/abortion are OK and catholics teach they are not, yet more catholic women per 1,000 have abortions than protestant women and the majority of catholic women want contraceptives available to them.
That sounds like a church out of touch with its followers.
You stated recently that the catholic church should become smaller to accomodate those that are devout to their faith. Right now there are more catholics clinging to the fence then ever before. When is your church going to shake them all off and become what you claim they should be?
Your church leaders should come up with an altimatum. Either your in or your out. Until that happens negative statistics will just keep coming in as all catholics are lumped together.
Are those stats for American Catholic, who by the way, only comprise 6% of the world's Catholic population?

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#371019 Jul 5, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
?
If Christ, the apostles and those they taught didn't have the authority to define it, who does?
You are asking the wrong question.

Maybe you should be asking, how is it defined, by whom, and to what authority?

Instead of automatically thinking your heirarchy had the correct interpretation.

Shoot - I meet all of the qualifications that "defined" it, yet, many ofyou on this forum, refute my inclusion.

Whom is in authority to say anything of the sort.

Anthony - you need to set aside "ego" in order to formulate any kind of possibility of defining it.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#371020 Jul 5, 2012
justachristian1 wrote:
<quoted text>
AGAIN --- just more proof that the romanists DO NOT KNOW the Bible they claim to have 'given us'!!! LOL!
Amen......

Location hidden

#371021 Jul 5, 2012
If, indeed, Christ and the Father are one and the same....why did Christ say, regards His return: "Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled, Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away. But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>And what evidence you you have that verifies that these were actually the words spoken by Christ, a figure who's very existence is questioned by most historians? You do know that thee are no CONTEMPORARY accounts of Jesus outside of the bible, don't you? Do a little research o the history of the bib, as I have done, and you will find that is was cobbled together over any centuries by MEN. You can start with Marcion, look it up and see where it leads you.
Spoken like a true-blue unbeliever of the Sacred Word of God....
ReginaM

Little Falls, NJ

#371022 Jul 5, 2012
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
What might they be?
I guess he thinks Christ rising from the dead on a Sunday is a "man made tradition"! But the Sabbath is for non-Christians so that explains it.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#371023 Jul 5, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
The Church at Rome is in scripture. It's still here today.
~~~

There is only the parasites that have wrapped themselves around the true vine, a separate entity that..

THE ROMAN CATHOLIC (so called) CHURCH IS NOT A BRANCH OF THE TRUE VINE..

IT IN NO WAY RELATES TO THE TRUE VINE...IN IDENTITY,

IN INTEGRITY, IN TRUTH, IN HOLINESS, OR RIGHTEOUSNESS.

IT HAS NONE OF THE LOVING ATTRIBUTES OF JESUS CHRIST,

ONLY THE SELFISHNESS DOMINATING POMPOUS IDENTITY

FROM ITS ROOTS ABIDING IN ROME..

You only speak of /glorify yourselves...

___

JESUS SAID...

Joh_15:1 I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.

Joh_15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

___

YOU WROTE.."The Church at Rome is in scripture. It's still here today."

IS THIS WHERE YOUR CHURCH IS REFERENCED IN THE SCRIPTURES?

IF IT IS...

-->You make God sick on His stomach..

HE SAID..

Rev 3:15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.

Rev 3:16 -->So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

Rev 3:17 Because thou sayest,

I am rich, and

increased with goods, and

have need of nothing; and

knowest not that thou art

wretched, and

miserable, and

poor, and

blind, and

naked:

Rev 3:18 I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.

Rev 3:19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.
Rev 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
Rev 3:21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.
Rev 3:22 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.
Clay

Denver, CO

#371024 Jul 5, 2012
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
You are asking the wrong question.
Maybe you should be asking, how is it defined, by whom, and to what authority?
Instead of automatically thinking your heirarchy had the correct interpretation.
Shoot - I meet all of the qualifications that "defined" it, yet, many ofyou on this forum, refute my inclusion.
Whom is in authority to say anything of the sort.
Anthony - you need to set aside "ego" in order to formulate any kind of possibility of defining it.
As Catholics we can truly trace our beginnings to the Apostles. 25 of our firsts Popes were slaughtered by the Roman Empire. Yes, even ones that were actually called 'Pope'. The lineage did not get interrupted inspite of the mass executions of these Bishops and countless Priests.
Having said that, if we are going to call ourselves Christians and belong to this Church that was clearly started by Christ by sending out His Apostles, we have to have faith that the resurrected Christ protected these men from doctrinal error. Having no Bible but the Hebrew books, they had to teach authoritatively together- guided by the Holy Spirit.
Although many things 'Catholic' are not explicitly spelled out in the few letters of theirs that survived, we still have documentation of those they personally ordained that do spell out our faith in remarkable detail.
Divine word means that the teachings of those Apostles were protected by the Holy Spirit. Those they taught and those THEY taught, were also protected by the Holy Spirit. It had to be that way because they had no Christian Bible.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#371025 Jul 5, 2012
According to the Alan Guttmacher Institute, which tracks reproductive health data, non-Hispanic Catholic women of childbearing age are 29% more likely than their Protestant counterparts to have abortions (full study*). The rate is even higher--33%--if Hispanics are factored in. Another way of looking at it: while Protestant women make up about 54% of the population, they account for only 37% of the abortions. Catholic women make up 31% of the population and account for 31% of the abortions.

Given the Catholic Church's longstanding position against abortion, one would think the abortion rate would be far lower than the population as a whole -- and yet, if anything, it seems to be higher.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#371027 Jul 5, 2012
The spirituality of the Orthodox Church centers on the healing of the soul, the restoration and fulfillment of the image and likeness of God in the human person who, in the process, grows into a relationship with God, which is ultimately so intimate that it can only be described as union.

Spiritual direction in the Orthodox tradition, then, involves leading a person through the process of healing the heart and into an ever-deepening relationship with God.

Clay

Denver, CO

#371028 Jul 5, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
There is only the parasites that have wrapped themselves around the true vine, a separate entity that..
___
JESUS SAID...
Joh_15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.
___
IF IT IS...
HE SAID..
Rev 3:15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
Rev 3:16 -->So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.
I am rich, and
wretched, and
miserable, and
poor, and
blind, and
naked:
Rev 3:18 I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.
Rev 3:19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.
Rev 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
Rev 3:21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.
Rev 3:22 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.
The Church is not referenced in those verses. It has to be somebody else for the simple fact that we put those verses in there!!
You shouldn't be applying your personal opinion on those verses, and trying to authoritatively teach it as fact. That's a sin.

Location hidden

#371029 Jul 5, 2012
ITB wrote:
<quoted text>
"Furthermore, Mary is dead. Her body awaits the resurrection EXACTLY like everyone else who has died in Christ." This is what you wrote. If her body is dead, where is her soul? Does one's soul float around in space until the "Body is resurrected". Where is Mary's soul? In Heaven!!
You missed your calling!!!! You were met to be a writer for the Three Stooges!!!!!!
Fret Killr

Union City, OK

#371030 Jul 5, 2012
Since 1492 my people have been fighting terroist since 1492 they have defiled my land they have destoryed my trees polluted my rivers and streams defiled my air...Murdered over 12 million of my family and friends.the united states is the sickest country in the world. full of hate and greed and evil.and everyone wants to hollar Muslims least they try and keep the laws they are only protecting there country from the evil beastly system....they don't want no stinking christianity led by the Roman catholic church...because they are without a teacher but for satan and they are the beast surrounded by seven hills named after seven different gods....

This government has killed more people than any other country in the world they have more people locked up than any other country in the world this is the new babylon worst than nazi germany....sick bastards I pray every morning And night for the return of the creator to put A end to this sinful world......Praise Yahweh....

Don't like what I have to say call 9/11 call the fbi call the cia call homeland suckurity call the pope......the truth will come out one way or another.....And for all you rich bastards that think you are going to run off into some hole like Cheyenne Mountain or the denver airport or many other places because you are a part of the evil plan I got news my father in heaven will destroy you just like the rest......

And the message will be preached to all the world and then the end will come. And while we are on the truth here is some more..

The words lord god ball elohim were added to his name because the devine reverance of his name was believed to be to holy to be spoken so the words were added to his name YHWH In short Yahweh he is no god man made him a god the verything he warns you not to worship god and or gods And he even says you will cause them to forget my name....

The roman catholic church has lied to us all.
they changed the sabbath from saturday to sunday and then the biggest hoax ever played on man kind was not 9/11 lol it was the the laws were nailed to the cross...613 of them and christains can not even keep ten.....they done away with my fathers feast days for pagan holidays.All holidays are Pagan And man made.. rev 12/9 say's it all And the whole world is Deceived !!!!!!!!not just by our government but by the churches.....And it very well could be that the god you worship could be satan......chances are good you all already have the mark of the beast.Just another tid bit when shit hits the fan it will all be done under religion come on down to the church they will help you and feed you and in the front door and out the back to a waiting bus to haul your ass off to a Concentration Camp near you...

And the message will be preached to all the world and then the end will come.....Come out of this world so you do not partake in her sins......Most people can not even understand the name much less the laws and how we have been brainwashed from children....someone just one will read this and if they pray on it they might understand the name thing but only few are called and chosen to even understand the name....P.S. the fish Symbol that even the pope wears comes from the god of dagon.And the creators sons name is Yahshua Their was never A j in the hebrew langauge till much later jesus comes from the god of zus.amen comes from the god amen ra.

And the message will be preached to all the world and then the end will come......

The R.C.C. needs to be destroyed by the creator they are liars and theives And anyone in it is in A CULT LED BY SATAN.
ReginaM

Little Falls, NJ

#371031 Jul 5, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
___
JESUS SAID...
___
IF IT IS...
HE SAID..
I am rich, and
wretched, and
miserable, and
poor, and
blind, and
naked:
Parasites, selfish, dominating, pompous....hmmm, these sound like personal insults. I thought you never did that?
MICHAEL

Caledonia, Canada

#371032 Jul 5, 2012
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Your short term memory is failing....
According to a more recent survey (2008):
- Thirty-seven percent of women obtaining abortions identify as Protestant and 28% as Catholic.[6]
http://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/fb_induced_abo ...
Contrary to your personal philosophy, repeating a lie often enough doesn't make it true.
Do you understand statistics?? Evidentally not!

Percentage is based on everyone. 76 Million protestant women, versus 33 million catholic women in america. So naturally the protestant women rates will be higher because they are more than double the number then catholic women in america.

If there were exactly the same number of catholic women as protestant women in america, than the higher percentage of abortions would be by catholic women. It wouldn't be 37% versus 28%.

The most accurate statistic are the number abortions per 1,000 catholic women, and per 1,000 protestant women. Catholic women today have more abortions per 1,000 catholic women then every 1,000 protestant women, or every 10,000 or every 100,000. etc.

You must learn to understand how numbers work. After all these years I am surprised you don't. Were you always sleeping in math class?

MICHAEL

Caledonia, Canada

#371033 Jul 5, 2012
Fret Killr wrote:
Since 1492 my people have been fighting terroist since 1492 they have defiled my land they have destoryed my trees polluted my rivers and streams defiled my air...Murdered over 12 million of my family and friends.the united states is the sickest country in the world. full of hate and greed and evil.and everyone wants to hollar Muslims least they try and keep the laws they are only protecting there country from the evil beastly system....they don't want no stinking christianity led by the Roman catholic church...because they are without a teacher but for satan and they are the beast surrounded by seven hills named after seven different gods....
This government has killed more people than any other country in the world they have more people locked up than any other country in the world this is the new babylon worst than nazi germany....sick bastards I pray every morning And night for the return of the creator to put A end to this sinful world......Praise Yahweh....
Don't like what I have to say call 9/11 call the fbi call the cia call homeland suckurity call the pope......the truth will come out one way or another.....And for all you rich bastards that think you are going to run off into some hole like Cheyenne Mountain or the denver airport or many other places because you are a part of the evil plan I got news my father in heaven will destroy you just like the rest......
And the message will be preached to all the world and then the end will come. And while we are on the truth here is some more..
The words lord god ball elohim were added to his name because the devine reverance of his name was believed to be to holy to be spoken so the words were added to his name YHWH In short Yahweh he is no god man made him a god the verything he warns you not to worship god and or gods And he even says you will cause them to forget my name....
The roman catholic church has lied to us all.
they changed the sabbath from saturday to sunday and then the biggest hoax ever played on man kind was not 9/11 lol it was the the laws were nailed to the cross...613 of them and christains can not even keep ten.....they done away with my fathers feast days for pagan holidays.All holidays are Pagan And man made.. rev 12/9 say's it all And the whole world is Deceived !!!!!!!!not just by our government but by the churches.....And it very well could be that the god you worship could be satan......chances are good you all already have the mark of the beast.Just another tid bit when shit hits the fan it will all be done under religion come on down to the church they will help you and feed you and in the front door and out the back to a waiting bus to haul your ass off to a Concentration Camp near you...
And the message will be preached to all the world and then the end will come.....Come out of this world so you do not partake in her sins......Most people can not even understand the name much less the laws and how we have been brainwashed from children....someone just one will read this and if they pray on it they might understand the name thing but only few are called and chosen to even understand the name....P.S. the fish Symbol that even the pope wears comes from the god of dagon.And the creators sons name is Yahshua Their was never A j in the hebrew langauge till much later jesus comes from the god of zus.amen comes from the god amen ra.
And the message will be preached to all the world and then the end will come......
The R.C.C. needs to be destroyed by the creator they are liars and theives And anyone in it is in A CULT LED BY SATAN.
Since 1492 you say! I am surprised back then your comrads didn't fall off the edge of the earth when they sailed too close, as they all believed the earth was flat.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#371034 Jul 5, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
As Catholics we can truly trace our beginnings to the Apostles. 25 of our firsts Popes were slaughtered by the Roman Empire. Yes, even ones that were actually called 'Pope'. The lineage did not get interrupted inspite of the mass executions of these Bishops and countless Priests.
Having said that, if we are going to call ourselves Christians and belong to this Church that was clearly started by Christ by sending out His Apostles, we have to have faith that the resurrected Christ protected these men from doctrinal error. Having no Bible but the Hebrew books, they had to teach authoritatively together- guided by the Holy Spirit.
Although many things 'Catholic' are not explicitly spelled out in the few letters of theirs that survived, we still have documentation of those they personally ordained that do spell out our faith in remarkable detail.
Divine word means that the teachings of those Apostles were protected by the Holy Spirit. Those they taught and those THEY taught, were also protected by the Holy Spirit. It had to be that way because they had no Christian Bible.
~~~

YOU ROMAN CATHOLICS MIGHT AS WELL NOT HAVE A BIBLE TO DAY....

YOU MAKE NO EFFORT TO LIVE BY IT.

YOU DUB IT TO BE SOLA SCRIPTURA. AND CASTIGATE/HARASS THOSE THAT DO ATTEMPT TO LIVE BY IT..

Neither do you follow the teaching of JESUS OR the Apostles...

you follow the hear-say of your Holy Fathers..

The Bible says..

Eph 2:19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;

Eph 2:20 ==> And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;<==

Eph 2:21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:

Eph 2:22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

___

THE ABOVE SCRIPTURES... makes no reference TO your (so called) HOLY FATHERS

==>It also says that Jesus is the "chief corner stone" NOT PETER...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Roman Catholic Church Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 24 min sheilaa 252,826
Saint of the Day thread (May '10) 10 hr MichelleMC 2,764
News Claims against teacher resurface (Oct '06) Sat be careful 187
News Four more men accuse priest of sexual abuse (Jan '08) Jun 23 Osgood 1,632
News Serbia And Croatia: Sweeping The Real Issues Un... Jun 23 Janusz Bugajski 3
News John Paul II College of Davao (Dec '07) Jun 20 tine 673
News A scandal deferred (Apr '06) Jun 20 Frank Hash 23
More from around the web