Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 703770 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#371042 Jul 5, 2012
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you must be more than willing to post non-biased links that support your opinion, right?
Or are the one you do have, from your church?
Keeping on with repeating it, will not make it true.
Why do you put more importance on what "Paul" supposedly wrote, versus what Jesus supposedly taught?
New Ahe. Innocent question. Do you really think that all the early writings describing the earliest Church that were basically directed at the Christians themselves so if course were from Christians are not legitimate. n their descriptions of the Church, their beliefs, etc.?And what otherr sources would we have to support these writers. Noone outside the Church is going to descibe these things in detail. Just asking?

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#371043 Jul 5, 2012
Fret Killr wrote:
Since 1492 my people have been fighting terroist since 1492 they have defiled my land they have destoryed my trees polluted my rivers and streams defiled my air...Murdered over 12 million of my family and friends.the united states is the sickest country in the world. full of hate and greed and evil.and everyone wants to hollar Muslims least they try and keep the laws they are only protecting there country from the evil beastly system....they don't want no stinking christianity led by the Roman catholic church...because they are without a teacher but for satan and they are the beast surrounded by seven hills named after seven different gods....
This government has killed more people than any other country in the world they have more people locked up than any other country in the world this is the new babylon worst than nazi germany....sick bastards I pray every morning And night for the return of the creator to put A end to this sinful world......Praise Yahweh....
Don't like what I have to say call 9/11 call the fbi call the cia call homeland suckurity call the pope......the truth will come out one way or another.....And for all you rich bastards that think you are going to run off into some hole like Cheyenne Mountain or the denver airport or many other places because you are a part of the evil plan I got news my father in heaven will destroy you just like the rest......
And the message will be preached to all the world and then the end will come. And while we are on the truth here is some more..
The words lord god ball elohim were added to his name because the devine reverance of his name was believed to be to holy to be spoken so the words were added to his name YHWH In short Yahweh he is no god man made him a god the verything he warns you not to worship god and or gods And he even says you will cause them to forget my name....
The roman catholic church has lied to us all.
they changed the sabbath from saturday to sunday and then the biggest hoax ever played on man kind was not 9/11 lol it was the the laws were nailed to the cross...613 of them and christains can not even keep ten.....they done away with my fathers feast days for pagan holidays.All holidays are Pagan And man made.. rev 12/9 say's it all And the whole world is Deceived !!!!!!!!not just by our government but by the churches.....And it very well could be that the god you worship could be satan......chances are good you all already have the mark of the beast.Just another tid bit when shit hits the fan it will all be done under religion come on down to the church they will help you and feed you and in the front door and out the back to a waiting bus to haul your ass off to a Concentration Camp near you...
And the message will be preached to all the world and then the end will come.....Come out of this world so you do not partake in her sins......Most people can not even understand the name much less the laws and how we have been brainwashed from children....someone just one will read this and if they pray on it they might understand the name thing but only few are called and chosen to even understand the name....P.S. the fish Symbol that even the pope wears comes from the god of dagon.And the creators sons name is Yahshua Their was never A j in the hebrew langauge till much later jesus comes from the god of zus.amen comes from the god amen ra.
And the message will be preached to all the world and then the end will come......
The R.C.C. needs to be destroyed by the creator they are liars and theives And anyone in it is in A CULT LED BY SATAN.
Did someone say Homeland Security???
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#371044 Jul 5, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
The way I see it...for what it is worth..
ACCORDING TO THE WORDS OF JESUS...GOD HAD NOT APPOINTED ME AS THEIR JUDGE
AND LEAVE THE CONDEMNATION,( the BEING BROUGHT TO THE AWARENESS) of their sins ) UP TO THE HOLY SPIRIT..
-->MY RESPONSIBILITY IS TO POINT THEM TO THE LIGHT..
NOT TO JUDGE THEM,
What a "bunch of hypocritical BS" deceit Confrinting! From the "very first day" that you came on this forum, you have done "nothing BUT"
CONDEMN and JUDGE the personal faith and Salvation and of EVERY OTHER CHRISTIAN, the Churches they worship in and their daily and persona commitment to Jesus Christ,(especially Catholics). You have done nothing but list and "burger flip" a bunch of bible verses, then adding your own "personal anti-catholic opinion" to this "hodge-podge" of misinterpreted scripture that you posted and calling it truth.----condemning, judging and "ripping the faith of other Christians (especially Catholics) is the "entire basis" of your "half-truth, half-heresy" preaching.-- Until you come to the TRUTH of TRUE SALVATION in Jesus Christ, in and through HIS One True Apostolic Catholic Church, you will continue to live in the anti-catholic hate, bondage and hostility that has your mind, heart and soul, "shackled" in condemning spiritual bondage.
MICHAEL

Caledonia, Canada

#371045 Jul 5, 2012
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Confrinting:
This is just more of the same old "bible only" Protestant Pot of Propaganda pollution, that you have become an "expert" at spreading.-- Better known as "PHD" (piled high and deep) preaching. For you and your other 41,000+ other Protestant contradicting and conflicting denominations that continue to "split, multiply and divide" each day, the ONLY THING that is left for you to "hang on to" is to ATTACK, PASS JUDGEMENT, and CONDEMN the TRUTH of 2000 years of TRUE CHURCH HISTORY, the Bible and the PROVEN and VERIFABLE TRUTH of Jesus Christ and HIS One True Apostolic Catholic Church. Protestantism (has never, nor will ever) be able to exist on its own doctrine of belief without CONDEMNING the TRUTH of Church History, Jesus Christ, HIS One True
Catholic Church and the TRUE INTERPRETATION of the bible, in 382, 393, and 397 by the Early Church Fathers. God is not, nor ever will be the author of your 41,000 Protestant denominations of contradictory confusion and chaos.
Same song.... same dance..... same HOJO!(LOL)
ReginaM

Little Falls, NJ

#371046 Jul 5, 2012
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>Did someone say Homeland Security???
www dot toxic topix dot com

Google it.
MICHAEL

Caledonia, Canada

#371047 Jul 5, 2012
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Big picture....
1. Your statistics are 11-12 years old, yet you're touting them as current.
2. You're trying to use them to set up a straw man.
3. The poster's statement had to do with the teachings of the Church, not personal sin. Both sets of statistics are irrelevant to this discussion.
Three out of three correct, 100%! Is that statistically accurate enough for you?
Your upset, your frustrated and your cranky!.....and a fibber too!

If a large corporation has thousands of employees and most aren't doing what they are instructed to do, it means the company has lost control.......right?......RIGH T!

When the catholic church preaches policy and most followers don't follow, according to you, its the followers fault.(lol)

....and you wonder why catholics across america are bailing out?

All I have to do is sit on the sidelines, and watch.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#371048 Jul 5, 2012
MICHAEL

Caledonia, Canada

#371049 Jul 5, 2012
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
What a "bunch of hypocritical BS" deceit Confrinting! From the "very first day" that you came on this forum, you have done "nothing BUT"
CONDEMN and JUDGE the personal faith and Salvation and of EVERY OTHER CHRISTIAN, the Churches they worship in and their daily and persona commitment to Jesus Christ,(especially Catholics). You have done nothing but list and "burger flip" a bunch of bible verses, then adding your own "personal anti-catholic opinion" to this "hodge-podge" of misinterpreted scripture that you posted and calling it truth.----condemning, judging and "ripping the faith of other Christians (especially Catholics) is the "entire basis" of your "half-truth, half-heresy" preaching.-- Until you come to the TRUTH of TRUE SALVATION in Jesus Christ, in and through HIS One True Apostolic Catholic Church, you will continue to live in the anti-catholic hate, bondage and hostility that has your mind, heart and soul, "shackled" in condemning spiritual bondage.
I hope you are behind me on judegement day, because God is going to spend a hell of a lot of time sorting out your hatred, towards a group of people who praise and worship the very same Jesus that you do.

If I am behind you on judgement day, please let me get ahead of you so God can give me the thumbs up as I fly by. Your definetly going to take awhile and slow the line right down.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#371050 Jul 5, 2012
<quoted text>New Ahe. Innocent question. Do you really think that all the early writings describing the earliest Church that were basically directed at the Christians themselves so if course were from Christians are not legitimate. n their descriptions of the Church, their beliefs, etc.?And what otherr sources would we have to support these writers. Noone outside the Church is going to descibe these things in detail. Just asking?
Hey Herme, I will be happy to answer your question, but I am confused by it.

Are you sure there isn't two questions in there, or a question with an addl point to clarify?

Can you restate it for me, more focused?

Thanks bud.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#371051 Jul 5, 2012
oral roberts wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow all this over fairy tales. Where are these gods you put all your trust in. The gods that allow their children to suffer and die each day. I was just wondering how feeble minded one needs to be to follow this crap so blindly.
~~~

If you are so adamant against Christianity

WHY DO YOU USE THE NAME OF A WORLD RENOWN

HEALING EVANGELIST...

Every time I see his name It reminds being in His tent meetings

back in the late 1940's.

Where I witnessed

the blind receiving their sight,

the deaf being able to hear,

the lame walking and

the poor receiving the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

In Goldsboro N.C., Greenville S.C. Roanoke Va, and Bluefield WV.

and His Radio programs each Sunday morning while we were getting ready for Church and Sunday-school.

I am glad you are keeping His name alive...It inspires me..each time

I see it.

He was a man ( NOT PERFECT ) BUT ONE that allowed God to be Great in Him.

THE WORLD IS A BETTER PLACE BECAUSE OF HIS SPENDING HIS LIFE ALLOWING GOD TO REPRESENT HIMSELF THROUGH HIM...

Hmmm..I wonder if when you have passed away...any on can say the same about you..

I guess it depends upon whether you will be kind and help others have peace and hope, or you came to steal kill and destroy .

The lagacy of Oral Roberts that touched the lives of billions was commendable.

You can accentuate the negative if you wish, as for me I will thank God for the positive in the man's life.
ReginaM

Little Falls, NJ

#371052 Jul 5, 2012
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Your upset, your frustrated and your cranky!.....and a fibber too!
If a large corporation has thousands of employees and most aren't doing what they are instructed to do, it means the company has lost control.......right?......RIGH T!
When the catholic church preaches policy and most followers don't follow, according to you, its the followers fault.(lol)
....and you wonder why catholics across america are bailing out?
All I have to do is sit on the sidelines, and watch.
Far from upset....I'm sitting here laughing, as Preston would say,@ you! Embrace your inner nut job and own up to the fact that nobody really cares.
MICHAEL

Caledonia, Canada

#371053 Jul 5, 2012
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Big picture....
1. Your statistics are 11-12 years old, yet you're touting them as current.
2. You're trying to use them to set up a straw man.
3. The poster's statement had to do with the teachings of the Church, not personal sin. Both sets of statistics are irrelevant to this discussion.
Three out of three correct, 100%! Is that statistically accurate enough for you?
Off discussion:

Today catholics in greater numbers are not practicing their faith. Why?

For 17 centuries the roman catholic church instituted dozens of canon laws and papal documents trying to deal with sexual abuse unsuccessfully by its clergy on minors, and only in the past 2 years we hear about it for the very first time.... Why?

Why would Bishops around the world, lie to you and all the followers about predator clergy, and coverup their sinful crimes from the authorities?......Why?

You would rather speak outwardly towards me, because you FEAR to speak out against anyone in your church even when they have committed the gravest sins of all........why?

I speak the truth, the truth you don't want to hear. Nothing trumps the truth........and I will continue to bring forth the truth.

ReginaM

Little Falls, NJ

#371054 Jul 5, 2012
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Off discussion:
For 17 centuries the roman catholic church instituted dozens of canon laws and papal documents trying to deal with sexual abuse unsuccessfully by its clergy on minors, and only in the past 2 years we hear about it for the very first time.... Why?
Why would Bishops around the world, lie to you and all the followers about predator clergy, and coverup their sinful crimes from the authorities?......Why?
You would rather speak outwardly towards me, because you FEAR to speak out against anyone in your church even when they have committed the gravest sins of all........why?
I speak the truth, the truth you don't want to hear. Nothing trumps the truth........and I will continue to bring forth the truth.
Don't forget to store your tomatoes stem side down so the juice doesn't pool at the bottom and make them rot. Room temperature is tastiest.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#371055 Jul 5, 2012
<quoted text>Why if there is a God is there suffering? This is one of the most basic and important questions.There are many who have given very intelligent, thoughtful, and helpful answers to this question.You have a choice to continue to declare there is no God or to seek out and take a look at these answers.
More pointedly to your thought above, are a few additional paradoxes that are associated to this.

Why would a loving "God" allow such suffering?

In order for one to achieve salvation, does one need to suffer first? Why?

and finally....

If free will is a gift from "God", and we choose [free will] to do things that cause others to "suffer", why does "God" allow that person to suffer, if "God" is supposedly 'all-powerful' and has the ability to stop the suffering?

What if "suffering" comes upon a person in a way that is just happen chance [we didn't bring it upon ourselves through no fault of our own], why does "God" allow that person to suffer, if "God" is supposedly 'all-powerful'?

Now if one is to view suffering in a different manner, outside of the realm of "God", then man is the factor of why suffering occurs [acts], BUT -- this would also suggest "God" has/had chosen not to interfere with changing that course of action.

Which now brings me to that fundamental idea of Christianity, that all of this is just all "part of God's plan". Which is really unfounded, except through men [acts of men].

In a nutshell...

Free will = suffering = "God" [--chooses-- to allow it to exist]

Free will is from "God", so we choose to do acts of kindness or in discourse {suffering placed upon others).

Free will = "Self"

We arrive at Self once again. Hmmmm -'magine that, huh?
MICHAEL

Caledonia, Canada

#371056 Jul 5, 2012
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Far from upset....I'm sitting here laughing, as Preston would say,@ you! Embrace your inner nut job and own up to the fact that nobody really cares.
Your right Regina M. Nobody in your church cares. That is what is so sad. You would rather lash out at those bringing forth factual information about your church leaders that might not be flattering, then actually lashing out at those that have caused so much pain. What does that say about you?

Time will tell. You have seen the statistics about your church in america for the past 45 years. I can't imagine what the numbers will be in the next 45 years. But instead of saying those numbers don't look good, you lash out at me for posting them.

Numbers issued by Roman Catholic sources.

http://cara.georgetown.edu/CARAServices/reque...

I know you will say these statistics are only up to 2011, and they are not current enough.(lol)

Did I call you a name? No!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
MICHAEL

Caledonia, Canada

#371057 Jul 5, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholic women (and men) sin like veryone else. What does that have to do with what the Church teaches?
The church teaches, but few today are listening.......why?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Clay

Melrose Park, IL

#371058 Jul 5, 2012
OldJG wrote:
According to the Alan Guttmacher Institute, which tracks reproductive health data, non-Hispanic Catholic women of childbearing age are 29% more likely than their Protestant counterparts to have abortions (full study*). The rate is even higher--33%--if Hispanics are factored in. Another way of looking at it: while Protestant women make up about 54% of the population, they account for only 37% of the abortions. Catholic women make up 31% of the population and account for 31% of the abortions.
Given the Catholic Church's longstanding position against abortion, one would think the abortion rate would be far lower than the population as a whole -- and yet, if anything, it seems to be higher.
... and your point would beeee..
The Catholic Church is wrong on abortion?
Clay

Melrose Park, IL

#371059 Jul 5, 2012
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Off discussion:
Good God, you even think about child sexual abuse before bed!!!
What would the Canadian authorities find on Michaels computer...
Do you have a bit of a guilty complex Michael? You feel the need to lash out at others because you're hiding something?
This is psychology 101 bro. You are a sick man. I hope you get caught.
ReginaM

Little Falls, NJ

#371060 Jul 5, 2012
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Your right Regina M. Nobody in your church cares. That is what is so sad. You would rather lash out at those bringing forth factual information about your church leaders that might not be flattering, then actually lashing out at those that have caused so much pain. What does that say about you?
Time will tell. You have seen the statistics about your church in america for the past 45 years. I can't imagine what the numbers will be in the next 45 years. But instead of saying those numbers don't look good, you lash out at me for posting them.
Numbers issued by Roman Catholic sources.
http://cara.georgetown.edu/CARAServices/reque...
I know you will say these statistics are only up to 2011, and they are not current enough.(lol)
Did I call you a name? No!
Best Carrot Cake
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
3 large eggs
2 cups sugar
3/4 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup buttermilk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups grated carrot
1 8 oz. can crushed pineapple, drained

Line 3 (9-inch) round cake pans with wax paper; lightly grease and flour wax paper. Set pans aside.
Stir together first 4 ingredients.
Beat eggs and next 4 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Add flour mixture, beating at low speed until blended. Fold in carrot and next 3 ingredients. Pour batter into prepared cake pans.
Bake at 350° for 25 to 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Drizzle Buttermilk Glaze evenly over layers; cool in pans on wire racks 15 minutes. Remove from pans, and cool completely on wire racks. Spread Cream Cheese Frosting between layers and on top and sides of cake.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#371061 Jul 5, 2012
The past three posts (57, 58, 59) deal with the same issue. WHY are people not living godly? No, the church is not wrong on abortion.

People have no desire for Bible holiness. And, sadly, many Bible teachers are not teaching holiness.

The ways of the world have slipped into the church. We are ashamed of the gospel.

Judgment is coming. Read the third chapter of Isaiah, and read The Harbinger.

Revealing...
KayMarie

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Roman Catholic Church Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Citing Bible, Trump administration digs in on '... 16 hr C Kersey 7
News Trump: Won't sign 'moderate' immigration bill i... 20 hr ONLYONETERM 5
Pope Fish head 23 hr RCCsikfux ToBURNL... 2
sunday breakfast 23 hr alfred the greek 1
News Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) Wed Faith 256,422
News Weeping' Virgin Mary statue in Hobbs under inve... Jun 19 Hombre 7
News Law firm asking Diocese of Buffalo to release m... Jun 17 Fadder Ssac Kosc 14