Pope Ratzinger Blames Jesus for Catho...

Pope Ratzinger Blames Jesus for Catholic Sexual Abuse of Children

There are 22 comments on the Irregular Times story from Jun 18, 2012, titled Pope Ratzinger Blames Jesus for Catholic Sexual Abuse of Children. In it, Irregular Times reports that:

All over the world, large numbers of Catholic priests have been caught raping and sexually molesting children.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Irregular Times.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
truth

Harrisdale, Australia

#1 Jun 18, 2012
7 billions people..Are you for sure about rip off everybody?
I don't think so!
QUITTNER

Toronto, Canada

#2 Jun 18, 2012
11;58 am, Monday, June 18, 2012:
RE: Pope Ratzinger Blames Jesus for Catholic Sexual Abuse of Children
..... What does Jesus blame the pope for?
..... Many so-called "Christianities" were invented with their supporting literature after Jesus had been crucified.
..... I blame the victims for helping lawbreakers to continue and continue by not helping the police AT THE TIME to collect sufficient evidence with which to convict lawbreakers in a court of law.

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#3 Jun 18, 2012
QUITTNER wrote:
11;58 am, Monday, June 18, 2012:
..... What does Jesus blame the pope for?
..... Many so-called "Christianities" were invented with their supporting literature after Jesus had been crucified.
..... I blame the victims for helping lawbreakers to continue and continue by not helping the police AT THE TIME to collect sufficient evidence with which to convict lawbreakers in a court of law.
Blaming JESUS? Ratzi just will NOT take responsibility for his or his church's actions! And Ratzi claims to represent Christ on Earth? What a phony.
paul shykora ARTs

Calgary, Canada

#5 Jun 20, 2012
..and ''ALL'' the above are ...phony's,too....eh..like NO-Name-Brand's...hiding,hidin g,..yet pointing...pointing...blaming. ...eh..
Pax et Bonum

Canton, OH

#6 Jun 20, 2012
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
Blaming JESUS? Ratzi just will NOT take responsibility for his or his church's actions! And Ratzi claims to represent Christ on Earth? What a phony.
This is one of those where the title really doesn't fit the actual article thing that happens all the time on topix. The words of the pope says nothing of the kind. The article writer took and twisted what the pope said until he got this. Read the article and then read the responces to it. There is an interestion dialogue between a priest and others going on.

“The Black Mermaid”

Location hidden

#7 Jun 20, 2012
Pax et Bonum wrote:
<quoted text>
This is one of those where the title really doesn't fit the actual article thing that happens all the time on topix. The words of the pope says nothing of the kind. The article writer took and twisted what the pope said until he got this. Read the article and then read the responces to it. There is an interestion dialogue between a priest and others going on.
Okay, and I thank you. I should realize some people just want things to look worse than they are. I'm willing to be objective about it.
Occupy This

Berkeley, CA

#8 Jun 20, 2012
Homosexual pedophiles are to blame for the sexual abuse of Children. The Catholic faith has nothing to do with it.

There is a politically incorrect, but strong correlation between homosexuality and pedophilia - There are far more homosexual pedophiles than heterosexual pedophiles...as a percentage of their respective populations. Homosexuals pedophiles often become Catholic priests in an attempt to escape their repugnant desires...

There is also a strong correlation between homosexuality and criminal behavior...but that is an entirely different topic.

“The Black Mermaid”

Location hidden

#9 Jun 21, 2012
Occupy This wrote:
Homosexual pedophiles are to blame for the sexual abuse of Children. The Catholic faith has nothing to do with it.
There is a politically incorrect, but strong correlation between homosexuality and pedophilia - There are far more homosexual pedophiles than heterosexual pedophiles...as a percentage of their respective populations. Homosexuals pedophiles often become Catholic priests in an attempt to escape their repugnant desires...
There is also a strong correlation between homosexuality and criminal behavior...but that is an entirely different topic.
Although I'm bitterly disappointed in some things about the RCC, I never blamed the church for the scandals. I DO blame them for taking so long to do something about it. It is not the fault of the religion, but of the perpetrators. The RCC may be guilty of covering up, but again, it's the people who have done that; the church would never approve of such behavior. Put responsibility where it belongs, that's been my attitude.
paul shykora ARTs

Calgary, Canada

#10 Jun 21, 2012
..TO BE...''Sure'' unto thyself.....eh..the Heart,first...
QUITTNER

Toronto, Canada

#11 Jun 22, 2012
1:56 pm, Friday, June 22, 2012:
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
..... Some countries have laws respecting slander, libel, hatred, false advertising, confidence trickery, and religious freedom. As long as it's lawful, anyone can claim anything and believe anything, or not believe something.
..... I am not aware of any requirement by any church that their members must do anything that is against the law, but employers have in some countries some responsibility for the wrongdoings of employees, and firms can be prosecuted for some things, but not for others.
..... Obviously nobody has, so far, been able to get the pope prosecuted in any court for something he himself didn't do, nor for was done by others before he was in charge of the Vatican.
Crooked Liberal Media

Los Angeles, CA

#12 Jun 22, 2012
Liberalism and the LGBT community should be prosecuted for their members' sexual abuse of children. It wasn't the catholic church that raped children. It was gay pedophiles.
QUITTNER

Toronto, Canada

#13 Jun 22, 2012
3:29 pm, Friday, June 22, 2012:
Crooked Liberal Media wrote:
Liberalism and the LGBT community should be prosecuted for their members' sexual abuse of children. It wasn't the catholic church that raped children. It was gay pedophiles.
..... Only those should be prosecuted who did something unlawful, not those who happen to think differently about something than you do.
Crooked Liberal Media

Los Angeles, CA

#14 Jun 22, 2012
QUITTNER wrote:
3:29 pm, Friday, June 22, 2012:
<quoted text>
..... Only those should be prosecuted who did something unlawful, not those who happen to think differently about something than you do.
The pope did nothing unlawful. The LGBT community is more at fault than the pope.
QUITTNER

Toronto, Canada

#15 Jun 22, 2012
4:02 pm, Friday, June w22, 2012:
Crooked Liberal Media wrote:
<quoted text>
The pope did nothing unlawful. The LGBT community is more at fault than the pope.
..... NO! No community is/was at fault, only some individuals are/were.

“The Black Mermaid”

Location hidden

#16 Jun 23, 2012
I shouldn't be surprised nor shocked. Ratzi blaming Jesus. Shows Ratzi's over-inflated views of his "power and authority" over even Jesus Himself. If a Protestant leader did this, the RCC-rs here would be preparing for another crucifixion. No Catholic will disagree with le pope's extremely high self-esteem.

Since: Jun 12

Fair Oaks, CA

#17 Jun 23, 2012
Wow Ratzi really is an idiot

“The Black Mermaid”

Location hidden

#18 Jun 23, 2012
QUITTNER wrote:
4:02 pm, Friday, June w22, 2012:
<quoted text>
..... NO! No community is/was at fault, only some individuals are/were.
Now YOUR post makes sense. I'm not even sure I'm Christian, but I was horrified that ANYONE would even hint that Jesus could be blamed for anything at all like this! I fully agree with your very rational belief - that only certain individuals are/were guilty. If Ratzi did elude to any of this being Jesus'(or anybody else's fault) then he's nuttier than I originally believed. People have to learn to take responsibility for their own sins and actions!

Thanks a million for posting the reality of this horrible situation. The RCC will stop at nothing to cover its a**.
Pax et Bonum

Canton, OH

#19 Jun 24, 2012
Sherlayne wrote:
I shouldn't be surprised nor shocked. Ratzi blaming Jesus. Shows Ratzi's over-inflated views of his "power and authority" over even Jesus Himself. If a Protestant leader did this, the RCC-rs here would be preparing for another crucifixion. No Catholic will disagree with le pope's extremely high self-esteem.
Did you ever read the article and what the pope actually said? There is no way anyone let alone the pope could blame Jesus for the scandal that the priests and bishops involved brought upon the Church.
Pax et Bonum

Canton, OH

#20 Jun 24, 2012
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
Now YOUR post makes sense. I'm not even sure I'm Christian, but I was horrified that ANYONE would even hint that Jesus could be blamed for anything at all like this! I fully agree with your very rational belief - that only certain individuals are/were guilty. If Ratzi did elude to any of this being Jesus'(or anybody else's fault) then he's nuttier than I originally believed. People have to learn to take responsibility for their own sins and actions!
Thanks a million for posting the reality of this horrible situation. The RCC will stop at nothing to cover its a**.
I read the article for the third time thinking I missed something. No, it was still the same. The pope was questioning how it could be that priests connected to the Body of Christ could do what they did to children. The writer of the article took this and went in the direction that the pope was thus "blaming" Jesus for the priests sins. The writerr in this was showing either great ignorance or a great bias against the pope. Either way it shows why he writes for something called the "Irregular times". He shows great constipation of the mind.

“The Black Mermaid”

Location hidden

#21 Jun 25, 2012
Pax et Bonum wrote:
<quoted text>
I read the article for the third time thinking I missed something. No, it was still the same. The pope was questioning how it could be that priests connected to the Body of Christ could do what they did to children. The writer of the article took this and went in the direction that the pope was thus "blaming" Jesus for the priests sins. The writerr in this was showing either great ignorance or a great bias against the pope. Either way it shows why he writes for something called the "Irregular times". He shows great constipation of the mind.
Const. of the mind - LOL, good one! Again, I got caught up in posts that may well not have presented accuracy. I have to learn to be more careful - if I can learn anything at my age. I think I've become limited, but not completely. I need reminders. Thanks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Roman Catholic Church Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min Robert F 650,707
News Catholics awaiting Francis pray for slain Frenc... 1 hr bluestreak returns 2
News Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 9 hr rabbee yehoshooah... 253,562
Saint of the Day thread (May '10) Thu MichelleMC 2,775
News Nazi hunter outraged by annulment of Ustasha co... Wed truth 20
News Serbia, Croatia trade protest notes over rehabi... Jul 27 truth 3
News Boy Scouts faring well a year after easing ban ... Jul 26 Oliver 28
More from around the web