Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 230743 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#161769 Feb 4, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
honestly rabbee..I am not at all worried about who is put to death, meaning abandoning the mortal coil, here on planet earth!
The eternal life of soul/spirit is something else.
Why are you scared to die rabbee?
Don't you wanna meet your maker?
rabbee: your soul is already dead, and you are taking no true steps to correct this here in TheTorah again. if you claim to not be here in TheTorah, G-D is again giving. you're already, forever dead on your own way to oblivion. three or for visitaions in TheTorah, and thats all you get to chose to be here in TheTorah.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#161770 Feb 4, 2013
do not even try to tell me, you are the truth with your not being here in This Story of Creation again. when you all say, you are not here in TheTorah thrice again. that only means you have, murdered your own soul. cause it is eternal suicide, to reject being here in TheTorah from HaShem G-D. and it is suicide, to encourage your unholyness in anyone else.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#161771 Feb 4, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you mean "he fulfilled"?
The sacrifice is not according to the proper procedures laid out by the people to whom he belonged.
The whole idea of perfect sacrifice free from blemish comes from Jews.
Perhaps your "god"'s will got messed up...he may have planned to get his son's head chopped off in temple according to the correct procedures but the Romans beat him to it by nailing the son to the cross?
This "fulfillment" is yet another lie.
If the man did his job properly there will be NO NEED for this silent creepy ghost to turn up!
The presence of the spine chilling ghost inside every nutcase in itselfis proof that the man failed to achieve his goal.
The cup is empty as the levites & co could not catch enough blood to sprinkle on altar plus no meat to eat.
Mission Failure. Mission aborted temporarily.
Jesus fulfilled the prophets. All things were done according to God's will.
The Lone Worker

Bellevue, WA

#161772 Feb 4, 2013
The passover supper that Jesus and his followers partook in was to be done in memory of the sacrifice he was making for man.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#161773 Feb 4, 2013
Christians tell how Jesus fulfilled the Law and the Prophets and that He is the Way, the Truth and the Life and that no one comes to God but through Him. muslims only attack the Christian faith because they have nothing to offer the people in islam that would draw people to it. islam is so empty that islamic countries fears Christianity to the point that they censors it from the people and persecutes Christians for preaching the Gospel.

What has islam to offer? The belief i one God is the corner stone of Christianity so they have nothing in proclaiming there is only one God. What does islam have to offer? The enslavement to a community run by fanatics that claim they speak for some man dead over 600 years.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#161774 Feb 4, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus fulfilled the prophets. All things were done according to God's will.
Keep saying it, without a shred of evidence and if you believe in it then that's all that matters.
As a former priest I was embarrassed to repeat such "mantras"..
I was telling the folks to have faith in what the pagans wrote..with no proof whatsoever!
Self appointed "St"Paul's religion is buried in gentile pagan rituals but it drags in Judaism and Jesus to legitimise and promote a myth.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#161775 Feb 4, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
Christians tell how Jesus fulfilled the Law and the Prophets and that He is the Way, the Truth and the Life and that no one comes to God but through Him. muslims only attack the Christian faith because they have nothing to offer the people in islam that would draw people to it. islam is so empty that islamic countries fears Christianity to the point that they censors it from the people and persecutes Christians for preaching the Gospel.
What has islam to offer? The belief i one God is the corner stone of Christianity so they have nothing in proclaiming there is only one God. What does islam have to offer? The enslavement to a community run by fanatics that claim they speak for some man dead over 600 years.
He tells one thing and you do something else.
He is the way to God, if you follow him to your death.
According to you...he died and he is with Father in Heaven.
Therefore, if you die, you should also meet the father.
end of.
PS...God is the corner stone of any religion.
Your "god" is a man!!!!
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#161776 Feb 4, 2013
The Lone Worker wrote:
The passover supper that Jesus and his followers partook in was to be done in memory of the sacrifice he was making for man.
here we go!!
Was he the perfect lamb?
Where does the concept of perfect unblemished lamb come from?
So follow their method...
I have already given you the process.
your lamb has been eaten. that's why its missing.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#161777 Feb 4, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus is free of major sins like all prophets who are supposed to be free of major sins in the "eyes" of God.
They are all humans, so they must have committed minor sins.
If Muhammad like the other prophets committed minor sins,(although we know from Quran and Hadiths, he committed major sins) then there is no way that he can be called perfect man.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#161778 Feb 4, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep saying it, without a shred of evidence and if you believe in it then that's all that matters.
As a former priest I was embarrassed to repeat such "mantras"..
I was telling the folks to have faith in what the pagans wrote..with no proof whatsoever!
Self appointed "St"Paul's religion is buried in gentile pagan rituals but it drags in Judaism and Jesus to legitimise and promote a myth.
You are a liar if you claim to have been a Christian priest. Your arguments are too juvenile to have been a Christian priest.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#161779 Feb 4, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
He tells one thing and you do something else.
He is the way to God, if you follow him to your death.
According to you...he died and he is with Father in Heaven.
Therefore, if you die, you should also meet the father.
end of.
PS...God is the corner stone of any religion.
Your "god" is a man!!!!
The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob is my God. He is they almighty God, Creator of all things visible and invisible.

islam has only the second hand word of a man; who was repeating what some spirit told him. What credentials did the spirit give mohammad that he was speaking for God? For unimportant matters in courts a notarized statement is needed, and here mohammad takes the word of a spirit that he was speaking for allah; who/whatever that is.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#161782 Feb 4, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
buttboy buford started this sh*tbum topic that befits his name!!
In his smelly wooden cottage in his deprived neighbourhood he cant afford a bidet to wash his smelly ass, so being an inept woodworker he uses "used" sandpaper instead of toilet paper.
during those painful moments he comes up with his butt-toilet humour!
Al-EX the Phallocentric,

I'm not a Muslim who lives in fear of hellfire because he might not be shitting and wiping his ass in the "perfect" Allah/Mohammad approved fashion, which is what this entire exercise in "Muslim bathroom etiquette" has been about, namely, the tyranny of "submission" to MOHAMMADANISM, not that you have EVER addressed this form of slavery; you'd much rather shit on Christianity while providing NOTHING of value.

Take your meds.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#161784 Feb 4, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
Jesus is free of major sins like all prophets who are supposed to be free of major sins in the "eyes" of God.
They are all humans, so they must have committed minor sins.
Al-EX the Phallocentric,

I get it! Mohammad's thieveries, murders, rape enablings, and enslavements of the women and children who survived his attacks upon "unbelievers" could only have been "minor sins" (if they were sins at all) because he is "supposed to be free of major sins in the 'eyes' of God," and besides and most importantly, Allah ordered these criminal behaviors that if perpetrated today would have landed Mohammad's "prophetic" ass in jail for a very. long. time.

You are an idiot.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#161785 Feb 4, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to hear that, HughBe. That is extremely painful. Hope you are feeling better.
HughBe---I got my thumb slammed in a car door last Tuesday and when it happened I saw God sitting on His throne.

BMZ--Sorry to hear that, HughBe. That is extremely painful. Hope you are feeling better

HughBe--- Thank you BMZ but I thought it was a good thing to see God sitting on His throne.:D

I am on the mend and although the swelling has been reduced significantly the thumb is literally about 11/2 times bigger than the other one and this is almost one week later.

I'm grateful to God because I could have lost that member. I want to keep ALL of my members.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#161786 Feb 4, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a liar if you claim to have been a Christian priest. Your arguments are too juvenile to have been a Christian priest.
Al-EX the Phallocentric is DEEPLY DISTURBED.

His bitterness over having been so "duped" by Christianity that he became a priest is his most pronounced fault, while his becoming Muslim appears to me to be nothing more than a "get even with duplicitous Christianity" strategy. He knows no peace.
John

Australia

#161787 Feb 4, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Please do not mind when I say this:
That Christ was God as a man is Horse Shit! Christ never said that he was God or God as a man.
The Church fathers lied shamelessly through their dentures!
No muztard, you lie shamelessly through your dentures.

Matthew 28
18 Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptising them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#161788 Feb 4, 2013
"the belief in a messiah and a messianic age is so deeply rooted in Jewish tradition that a statement concerning the Messiah became the most famous of Maimonides's Thirteen Principles of Faith: "And Ma'amin, I believe with a full heart in the coming of the Messiah, and even though he may tarry, I will wait for him on any day that he may come"

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/J...
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#161789 Feb 4, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text>
No muztard, you lie shamelessly through your dentures.
Matthew 28
18 Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptising them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."
bmz will say that the Church made it up. Count on it.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#161790 Feb 4, 2013
"the belief in a messiah and a messianic age is so DEEPLY rooted in Jewish tradition "

With this in mind there MUST BE Jews called Messianic Jews. The truth is the WHOLE world knew this except for the self-deceiving Judahites of Judaism.
Eric

Bensenville, IL

#161792 Feb 4, 2013
HughBe wrote:
"the belief in a messiah and a messianic age is so DEEPLY rooted in Jewish tradition "
With this in mind there MUST BE Jews called Messianic Jews. The truth is the WHOLE world knew this except for the self-deceiving Judahites of Judaism.
Hugh, don't forget the remainder of the quotation: "I believe with a full heart in the coming of the Messiah, and even though he may tarry, I will wait for him on any day that he may come"

Maimonides lived in the 12th Century CE. And in the 12th Century CE he is saying that he is still waiting for the coming of the Messiah. So, the Messianics that believe Jesus to be the Messiah some 1100 years before Maimonides cannot have any relation to his statement. They are Christians by definition.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Roman Catholic Church Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope: Priests in Holy Year can absolve - sin of... 13 min Miss Mostly 1
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 46 min marge 603,438
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 2 hr Mr_SKY 84,422
News St. Augustine 450 2 hr Saint Redeemed 16
News Pope eases church rule on abortion forgiveness 3 hr Redeemed 13
News Four more men accuse priest of sexual abuse (Jan '08) 4 hr Tom 1,509
Explaining John's Revelation. 5 hr Redeemed 20
More from around the web