Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256361 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#148708 Sep 18, 2012
bmz wrote:
Hello, folks from America, excluding Skeptic
Looks like Mitt the Twit has no chance. He has done himself.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-196...
Your opinions, please.
Good night from Singapore
Greetings BMZ, your "Mitt the Twit" really has no respect for the American people, in my opinion.

I say this because of his comment that " 47% of Americans pay no income tax"

What is he really accusing the American people of? Is he accusing them of tax EVASION? Is he accusing them of being dishonest? Is the unemployment rate in America 47% and so that is the reference?

Whatever he means, it sounds very DISRESPECTFUL to me but then again I am not an American.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#148709 Sep 18, 2012
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
HughBe---
The meanings are--
1. To have life in the world to come one must DO RIGHTEOUS things as well as have faith in God. It is is written, the JUST/righteous shall live by FAITH.
2. Those who DO evil shall perish and shall be ASHES and thereby suffer eternal death.
3. I note your "We ASSUME that our spirit/soul finds its way to God for eternal life" and wish to comment on it by using your own words i.e. "there is absolutely no evidence on planet earth for such a bold" assumption.
Alex--What does death eternal mean?
HughBe--- in the context used, a NEVER changing condition of life in the first case and death in the second case above.
Alex---Firstly Jesus was a man.
HughBe--- Correct, partially.
Alex---He was not God or a halfman-halfgod or even son fo god through possessing a mix or human and god DNA.
HughBe--- Please explain the meaning of "halfman- halfgod". What exactly do you have in mind?
Alex---He never made any direct claim to divinity.
HughBe--- Incorrect, He did.
Alex---You will never find quotes from Jesus saying that he was god in human form who has come as his own son to die for the sins of jews as well as gentiles on a cross (although the gentiles were dogs and pigs to him).
HughBe--- non-Jews were NEVER dogs and pigs to Jesus. Context and a proper understanding is needed.
Alex---This should be interesting:.
Where was he between the ages of 12 and 30 and what was he really doing?
HughBe--- Some would say that He went back to heaven.:D
Where do you think that He was? Was He born BIG or an adult?
Alex---Why was anything relating to this vital part of his life suppressed?
HughBe--- There is NOTHING about His VITAL part of His life that is MISSING. He came to SAVE sinners via His ministry and that is recorded. That is what is important and NOT His birthday or other things that you may deem to be vital. Note the SILENCE about when He was born? Why? It was UNIMPORTANT.
Alex---If we know what he was doing between 12 and 30 we will know why he was baptized!
HughBe--- He was baptized for the same reason that He kept the Passover etc.
The reason is also found in these words "Jesus put forth his hand, and touched him, saying, I will; be thou clean. And immediately his leprosy was cleansed.
4 And Jesus saith unto him, See thou tell no man; but go thy way, shew thyself to the priest, and offer the gift that Moses commanded, for a testimony unto them."
Hello Hughbe hope you are well.
Thank you for your replies.
- About Life and death eternal..We are all guessing here. For some reason "Christians" seem to be scared of death and talk about eternal life about which they are not exactly sure either.
*Death&taxes are a certainty for all. We HOPE and believe that our soul/spirit will continue to have eternal life with God.
*My concept of eternal life involves all the time in heaven or hell or a combination of time in heaven/hell. To have most of my eternal life in heaven I have to believe in God and live by the rules set by eternal God instead of hoping that a man died for me 2000 years ago.
*What if the man had NO plans to die for the sins of Jews or Gentiles? He NEVER made a single DIRECT claim that he came here in human form to die on a cross for the sins of Jews and Gentiles.
* What if this dying mangod worship instead of simple straight forward worship of eternal is the work of Satan?
* About mangod...half man/half god...man and god in one...etc. come from many quarters including ancient tales of gods making love to earthlings to come up with half human half god creatures.
* I maintain that Jesus NEVER made and Direct claim to divinity along the following lines. "I am Jesus. I am your creator and God. I have come to planet earth in human form as my own son and Messiah to die on the cross for the sins of Jews and gentiles. When you accept me and my willing unconditional sacrifice, you shall be saved and have eternal life"...
contd....
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#148710 Sep 18, 2012
@ Hughbe...a longer version of direct claim from Jesus you will NEVER find in NT..
"I AM JESUS. I AM YOUR GOD (not goat, lamb shepherd, gate, porter....) WHO HAS COME TO EARTH IN HUMAN FORM AS MY ONLY BEGOTTEN SON (I am my only begotten son.) TO DIE IN THE HANDS OF JEWS, FOR THE SINS OF GENTILES (who were effectively dogs and swine to me) AS WELL AS THE ISRAELITES ON A CROSS (roman killing machine.), WHO WILL BE SAVED FOREVER & HAVE ETERNAL LIFE WHEN THEY ACCEPT MY SACRIFICE ON THEIR BEHALF when I go back up to sit on my own right hand while I (vindictively) make foot stool of my enemies.
WORSHIP ME (not the father but me.). WORSHIP/VENERATE THE CROSS AND CARRY IT WITH YOU, WEAR IT AROUND YOUR NECK (like the pope, the man who represents me does) AS A SYMBOL OF MY WILLING SACRIFICE. I EXPECT NOTHING IN RETURN"
Thank you.

* It is absolutely incorrect to suggest that Jesus did not refer to gentiles as dogs and pigs. He did being a Jew and Jews did too! NT talks about his "dogs and pigs". It will be disingenuous to hide behind.."he did not mean it...it was in parables...he was god etc won't work. The MAn said these.

* I believe that he was 100% human. Therefore, he was like ALL other decent humans. He must have had a normal life being a boy, teenager and young man. He did what all what boys, teenagers and young men did. The obsessive establishment got rid of his more interesting bits and give us a sinless serious suffering Prophet. This is not correct in my view.
* Ironically he is supposed to have "died" when he was the age of Alexander without having a wife, children or family. This is a tragedy and the church to hide behind a "mangod" who could not have a normal life, is criminal.
* To me Jesus was a normal man. A man of God but definitely not a god of man.
Peace.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#148711 Sep 18, 2012
BMZ, good day. I would like to repeat the words Jesus gave for his followers (true disciples) as to how they were supposed to live in "this world." :-)
what Jesus said,
John chapter 15,-- "If the world hates you, remember that it hated me first. The world would love you as one of its own if you belonged to it, but you are no longer part of the world. I chose you to come out of the world, so it hates you. Do you remember what I told you?‘A slave is not greater than the master.’ Since they persecuted me, naturally they will persecute you. And if they had listened to me, they would listen to you. They will do all this to you because of me, for they have rejected the one who sent me."
Skeptic

Bethlehem, PA

#148713 Sep 18, 2012
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Greetings BMZ, your "Mitt the Twit" really has no respect for the American people, in my opinion.
I say this because of his comment that " 47% of Americans pay no income tax"
What is he really accusing the American people of? Is he accusing them of tax EVASION? Is he accusing them of being dishonest? Is the unemployment rate in America 47% and so that is the reference?
Whatever he means, it sounds very DISRESPECTFUL to me but then again I am not an American.
That 47% are those that are on welfare in American, and don't pay taxes because they are out of jobs.
And Obama has done nothing in creating jobs to help them people to be self dependent instead of being dependent on the government for handouts.

So Romney told the truth and the press and the Democrats are trying to demonize Romney, instead of taking Obama down for Obama's lack of care for the American people.

Obamma has taken American rax dollars and is funding the Muslim up rising of Muslims all around the world.
Obama is also using American tax dollars to help Muslims build more Mosque all over the world, then says he needs to raise the taxes on American citizens to help pay for the Muslim cause in the world, and also wants Americans taxes to pay to allow illegal immigrants health and welfare.
His health care is a death sentence to the elderly.
He robbed from the Senior citizens, taking billions of dollars from their Medicare and gave it to the Muslims.
If we had an honest Congress Obama would be tried for treason for giving aid to our enemies.
That is the problem here in America.
Obamma keeps printing and spending money that we don't have to pay back.
And it is going to cause a claps in America.
But those 47% are only concerned about getting their handouts without realizing their wants is going to cause the claps of America.
So, don't believe the press, they are being paid by the Zionist George soro's who is building a 35 million house for Obama in Hawaii and also funding the Muslims to bring down America.
All of Obama's cabinet is filled with Zionist Jews that want a one world Government.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#148714 Sep 18, 2012
NotQuiter wrote:
Well, Alex, I would like to comment here as well. You ask some good questions. Here is how I understand at least one point you bring up: The Bible account is pretty much quiet on the details of Jesus' life before his public ministry. Of course, we have the account in the temple with the rabbis when he was 12 years old, but other than the details of his birth and flight to Egypt with his parents when he was a baby, there is not much until his baptism. He was known as the carpenter's son, boys usually being trained by their fathers. Looking that up in the Bible brings several things to mind, but first here is what the Bible says about his appearance in his ministry and how people thought of him: Matthew 13:53-57. Notice that when they saw him, the people remarked that he was the "carpenter's son," and little else about his life other than mentioning his family.
(Matthew 13:53-57) "When Jesus had finished these parables, he moved on from there. Coming to his hometown, he began teaching the people in their synagogue, and they were amazed.“Where did this man get this wisdom and these miraculous powers?” they asked.“Isn’t this the carpenter’s son? Isn’t his mother’s name Mary, and aren’t his brothers James, Joseph, Simon and Judas? Aren’t all his sisters with us? Where then did this man get all these things?” And they took offense at him."
Hello NQ...always a pleasure to hear from you.
In my view, most of his life has been hidden away from ordinary folks because the establishment has something to hide.
They cannot portray the man as "a normal man" who led a normal life as a naughty boy, cheeky teenager and a rebellious young man who dated girls and perhaps even had Children. In my opinion he was a good man of God. There are minor sins and major sins. I believe that Jesus was free from major sins.
Let's not forget what the church is doing with Mary! They are sanitising her..making her totally sin free and even of immaculate conception to attach 100% credibilty to Jesus' sin free immaculate birth!!!
Another thought...I have had many reasons to doubt the authenticity of many of these books that make up the NT. Absense of original manuscripts itself is good enough reason to witness all the anomalies before us.
Let us look at "my father's businesss" at 12 years. Can you spot the son who is looking to promote with his father's(joseph's) carpentry business?

Luke 2:48
New International Version (©1984)
When his parents saw him, they were astonished. His mother said to him, "Son, why have you treated us like this? Your father and I have been anxiously searching for you."

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
And when they saw him, they were amazed: and his mother said unto him, Son, why hast thou thus dealt with us? behold, thy father and I have sought thee sorrowing.

Note:
1.Why were they astonished/amazed when they knew all about this miraculous mangod.."son of god who was a product of Mary being "found" with the child of holy ghost"??!!!
2. Joseph is referred to as "father" not holy ghost or god eventhough Mary would have known about the "father of Jesus".

Now this is more interesting:
Luke 2:49
New International Version (©1984)
"Why were you searching for me?" he asked. "Didn't you know I had to be in my father's house?"

English Standard Version (©2001)
And he said to them,“Why were you looking for me? Did you not know that I must be in my father’s house?”

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
And He said to them, "Why is it that you were looking for Me? Did you not know that I had to be in My father's house?"

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
And he said unto them, How is it that ye sought me? wist ye not that I must be about my father's business?

Note KJV...."my father's business"...my father joseph's carpentry business??

A normal kid would be keen to help dad with DIY!

Peace
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#148715 Sep 18, 2012
WARRIOR HATES ALLAH wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting, I guess you don't believe in Jesus' first miracle like Allah confirmed through his word's in the Quran?
~Warrior~
Blind faith is a dangerously stupid thing Warrior.
Why is there nothing about the man between a few days to 12 years..and from 12 to 30?

You must stop calling him God or divine if he has not given you permission to call him God.

If you cannot find ANY direct quote in NT from Jesus confirming his divinity along the following lines you must stop..think..and stop worshipping him.

"I AM JESUS. I AM YOUR GOD (not goat, lamb shepherd, gate, porter....) WHO HAS COME TO EARTH IN HUMAN FORM AS MY ONLY BEGOTTEN SON (I am my only begotten son.) TO DIE IN THE HANDS OF JEWS, FOR THE SINS OF GENTILES (who were effectively dogs and swine to me) AS WELL AS THE ISRAELITES ON A CROSS (roman killing machine.), WHO WILL BE SAVED FOREVER & HAVE ETERNAL LIFE WHEN THEY ACCEPT MY SACRIFICE ON THEIR BEHALF when I go back up to sit on my own right hand while I (vindictively) make foot stool of my enemies.
WORSHIP ME (not the father but me.). WORSHIP/VENERATE THE CROSS AND CARRY IT WITH YOU, WEAR IT AROUND YOUR NECK (like the pope, the man who represents me does) AS A SYMBOL OF MY WILLING SACRIFICE. I EXPECT NOTHING IN RETURN"
Thank you.
Buford

Scott Depot, WV

#148716 Sep 18, 2012
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
That is correct.
Muhammad dictated only what was revealed and recited out to him.
Thank you for correcting your assertion that G-d wrote the Qur'an by agreeing with me that Mohammad only dictated the Qur'an, while others recorded what he said, which makes his "revelation" as true as the Book of Mormon.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#148717 Sep 18, 2012
NotQuiter wrote:
BMZ, good day. I would like to repeat the words Jesus gave for his followers (true disciples) as to how they were supposed to live in "this world." :-)
what Jesus said,
John chapter 15,-- "If the world hates you, remember that it hated me first. The world would love you as one of its own if you belonged to it, but you are no longer part of the world. I chose you to come out of the world, so it hates you. Do you remember what I told you?‘A slave is not greater than the master.’ Since they persecuted me, naturally they will persecute you. And if they had listened to me, they would listen to you. They will do all this to you because of me, for they have rejected the one who sent me."
Hello NQ...there is a great risk of us entering a deep depression if we are not careful.
BJ the Biblical Jesus (not the real person)is being portrayed as a depressive recluse with an abnormal life.
I think this was made up by evil men.
Look at what he is doing...
- He makes you paranoid by telling you others "hate" you.
- He wants you to lead an abnormal life of no family, spouse or children
- You cannot live on earth and completely come out of it.
- There is a lot of paranoia and "ideas of reference" being introduced.
- Surely, we should NOT suffer religion!
- We must enjoy religion and enjoy our love of and closeness to God.
- All the poor disciples get it..rejection, hate, persecution, suffering and a state of limbo, neither belonging here nort not knowing what the other side is like as he did not come back before they died.

All this pathos can be solved if we deal with God direct instead of through a depressive biblical mangod character who gives us a permanent sense of helplessness...if mangod suffers like this what chance have us mortals got?.
Peace.
Buford

Scott Depot, WV

#148718 Sep 18, 2012
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
If you people have lost shame and have no love for your prophet....why you expect all other people to have the same feelings towards their prophet?
Islam is not an insignificant religion in the world that people do not know what are its position on such issues.
To keep on repeating such actions, shows that there is a pre-planned scheme to create bad blood between Islam and Western people.
If you show Jesus as gay, naked, dancing in pop bars, you should be ashamed of yourself, instead you are presenting is "how broad minded and tolerant" are you people. I will call it as you have no real love for Jesus left in you. You just use his name to satisfy your conscience.
The problem isn't that Christians aren't hurt and offended by insults to Jesus; the problem is that Muslims commit murder to avenge insults to Mohammad, BECAUSE HE ORDERED THE EXECUTIONS OF THOSE WHO INSULTED HIM.
Buford

Scott Depot, WV

#148719 Sep 18, 2012
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello NQ...there is a great risk of us entering a deep depression if we are not careful.
BJ the Biblical Jesus (not the real person)is being portrayed as a depressive recluse with an abnormal life.
I think this was made up by evil men.
Look at what he is doing...
- All the poor disciples get it..rejection, hate, persecution, suffering and a state of limbo, neither belonging here nort not knowing what the other side is like as he did not come back before they died.
All this pathos can be solved if we deal with God direct instead of through a depressive biblical mangod character who gives us a permanent sense of helplessness...if mangod suffers like this what chance have us mortals got?.
Peace.
Your "Jesus" is a projection of your own warped mind.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#148720 Sep 18, 2012
NotQuiter wrote:
Interesting point about Jesus' baptism. It's a great question. Why was he baptized? Not according to remission of sins, and John himself (the baptizer) objected to Jesus' baptism, yet Jesus told him to let it be this time.
The baptism of Jesus as performed by John must have had a meaning and purpose different from John’s baptism, as it is said that Jesus "did no sin, neither was deceit found in his mouth." (1 Peter 2:22) So he could not in good sense submit to an act symbolizing repentance. John, being Jesus' cousin, would most likely have known his conduct. But Jesus said:(Matthew 3)“Let it be so now; it is proper for us to do this to fulfill all righteousness.” Then John consented."
There's more to it, it's very interesting, great question. I'd love to go over it more.
More fun to be had here NQ?
Need to see past the mist and fog...the veneer needs to be stripped!
I have no problem with a human prophet with minor sins. We cannot bury our heads in the sand assuming that the man was meditating under a Bo tree between 12 and 30!
He makes an appearance at around 30 without giving us the low down on his 18 year absence and naturally John the Baptist happens to be doing whatever he was doing.
If we put two and two together, there may have been a need to cleanse one of minor sins.
This is the bauty of being a TOTAL believer in God of Everything who created everything instead of getting bogged down with a human being upon him divinity is thrust!!
To his GREAt CREDIT, Jesus NEVER made a SINGLE direct claim that he was God who came to earth as his own son to die on a pole/cross for the sins of jews and gentiles...etc!
I know it may seem drastic but unfortunately we have to challenge EXTRAORDINARY claims with demand for EXTRAORDINARY proofs, for the sake of God.
Peace.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#148721 Sep 18, 2012
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>Your "Jesus" is a projection of your own warped mind.
Your mangod has ALREADY warped your mind buford...no wonder you are such a paranoid little person when ..

ENJOY you religion instead of selling your cloak to buy a sword so you can cut the ears off a poor temple servant!!
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#148722 Sep 18, 2012
The article equates the rabbi to the BEST of them. A Judaite on this forum calls the movement the FUTURE of Judaism. Now read carefully. It is not something that was said long ago.

"Like the BEST Chabad-Lubavitch rabbis, Manis Friedman has won the hearts of many unaffiliated Jews with his charismatic talks about love and God; it was Friedman who helped lead Bob Dylan into a relationship with Chabad.

But Friedman, who today travels the country as a Chabad speaker, showed a less warm and cuddly side when he was asked how he thinks Jews should treat their Arab neighbors.

"The only way to fight a moral war is the Jewish way: Destroy their holy sites. KILL men, WOMEN and CHILDREN (and CATTLE)," Friedman wrote in response to the question posed by Moment Magazine for its "Ask the Rabbis" feature."

http://www.haaretz.com/news/chabad-rabbi-jews...
Buford

Scott Depot, WV

#148723 Sep 18, 2012
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Your mangod has ALREADY warped your mind buford...no wonder you are such a paranoid little person when ..
ENJOY you religion instead of selling your cloak to buy a sword so you can cut the ears off a poor temple servant!!
Again, your "Jesus" is a projection of your own warped mind.

Take your meds.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#148724 Sep 18, 2012
Skeptic wrote:
<quoted text>That 47% are those that are on welfare in American, and don't pay taxes because they are out of jobs.
And Obama has done nothing in creating jobs to help them people to be self dependent instead of being dependent on the government for handouts.
So Romney told the truth and the press and the Democrats are trying to demonize Romney, instead of taking Obama down for Obama's lack of care for the American people.
Obamma has taken American rax dollars and is funding the Muslim up rising of Muslims all around the world.
Obama is also using American tax dollars to help Muslims build more Mosque all over the world, then says he needs to raise the taxes on American citizens to help pay for the Muslim cause in the world, and also wants Americans taxes to pay to allow illegal immigrants health and welfare.
His health care is a death sentence to the elderly.
He robbed from the Senior citizens, taking billions of dollars from their Medicare and gave it to the Muslims.
If we had an honest Congress Obama would be tried for treason for giving aid to our enemies.
That is the problem here in America.
Obamma keeps printing and spending money that we don't have to pay back.
And it is going to cause a claps in America.
But those 47% are only concerned about getting their handouts without realizing their wants is going to cause the claps of America.
So, don't believe the press, they are being paid by the Zionist George soro's who is building a 35 million house for Obama in Hawaii and also funding the Muslims to bring down America.
All of Obama's cabinet is filled with Zionist Jews that want a one world Government.
Correct me if I am wrong but my understanding is that welfare is for the unemployed. If I am correct, support the 47% unemployment in the US.
Buford

Scott Depot, WV

#148725 Sep 18, 2012
Here's the movie that has Muslims all lathered up and eager to shed the blood of "infidels."

http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/world/muhammad-m...
Buford

Scott Depot, WV

#148726 Sep 18, 2012
The problem isn't that Christians aren't hurt and offended by insults to Jesus; the problem is that Muslims commit murder to avenge insults to Mohammad, BECAUSE HE ORDERED THE EXECUTIONS OF THOSE WHO INSULTED HIM, and he for some reason can't strike anyone dead from heaven. Nor can Allah, it appears.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#148727 Sep 18, 2012
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>Again, your "Jesus" is a projection of your own warped mind.
Take your meds.
spammy...you are supposed to be clueless and nuts.
So why don't you see a doctor instead of making perosnal attacks.
Now if you can't find a DIRECT quote from Jesus about his divinity why do you still worship him?
Are you mentally ill needing more meds?

Try this for size...
You must stop calling him God or divine if he has not given you permission to call him God.

If you cannot find ANY direct quote in NT from Jesus confirming his divinity along the following lines you must stop..think..and stop worshipping him.

Thank you.
Buford

Scott Depot, WV

#148728 Sep 18, 2012
Salman Rushdie is living proof that "Allah" doesn't need stupid hate-driven death fatwas to "get even" with blasphemers, but do the Islamotards understand? How can they? They are Mohammad's IMITATORS!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Roman Catholic Church Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 10 min Phooey 678,892
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 21 min I love dogs 84,661
News Four more men accuse priest of sexual abuse (Jan '08) 7 hr Ms Tosch 1,683
News Faith Community Spotlight: Houtzdale's Christ t... 16 hr namredipsobla 3
News How the war-of-words between Trump and Pope Fra... 16 hr WhollyConcrete 8
News President Trump to meet with Pope Francis 18 hr Rico from East Lo... 4
News German Bishops Rile Holocaust Memorial (Mar '07) 19 hr namredipsobla 3,913
More from around the web