Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 Full story: The Brussels Journal 214,750

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Read more
Frijoles

Cromwell, CT

#137572 Jun 19, 2012
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
He should give it back to the American.
Nopre. You are tagged "it"!
Frijoles

Cromwell, CT

#137573 Jun 19, 2012
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
HughBe---I enjoy sex but I don't regard it as an obsession even if I did it once per day
Frijoles---"I can quit posting about it anytime"
HughBe---"I can quit posting about it anytime" but I won't until Frijoles stop introducing HOMOSEXUALITY into everything. I wonder why he does that?
I guess the difference in postings have eluded you - but when I post regarding the subject of homosexuals it is in the context of civil rights, while when you post about sex it is graphic...

Thats a big difference. If anything I am obsessed with civil rights, and you are obessed with sex.
JOEL PASTAKIA

Mumbai, India

#137574 Jun 19, 2012
Just returned from a fabulous yacht party hosted by the Singhanias. It's their yearly monsoon bash. Wow! What a fantastic setting and what a party! The party is just beginning to rock, really rock. They provided a sleek catamaran shuttle service to ferry guests from the quay at the Gateway of India opposite the luxurious Taj Mahal and Palace Hotel and back.
seasidesoon

United States

#137575 Jun 19, 2012
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>
The canon indicates that Paul's teachings were approved by Peter and the rest of the apostles, even dispensing with circumcision.
<quoted text>
Jesus came to fulfill the Law, not to abolish it, which I understand to mean that once the terms and conditions of the first Law were perfectly satisfied, then and only then could another Law be instituted by right of conquest. Only a perfect lover of God and neighbor could accomplish such a feat, and that is precisely what Christianity teaches about Jesus.
<quoted text>
Actually, it was Jesus who taught that celibacy was for those who could embrace it for the sake of the Kingdom.
actually, after Peter got his legs broken when Paul threw him down some steps at the temple, he mayve become more amenable to suggestion. Regardless, I doubt Jesus would've taught against the very first mitzvah, to be fruitful and multiply.Since according to Tradition, he did not marry and become fruitful, he did not fulfill the law perfectly, therefore he would not have rights to claim fulfillment and abolition of the entire law. Which he claimed he was doing anyway.

Your earlier post of his words were simply an echo of the Talmudic principles.
JOEL PASTAKIA

Mumbai, India

#137576 Jun 19, 2012
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

Hugh---Indeed,there are other persons like yourself who regard MUCH PAIN as WONDERFUL. As the saying goes , no pain no gain.
When the Higher Force descends into the being it is accompanied by tremendous pressure that creates great friction with the nerves and cells and so the initial pain. This is part of the process of supramentalization that leads to perfection of the being.

Well, if even a prophet like Jesus didn't know anything about the descent of the Higher Consciousness-Force into the being as a way of transformation leading to perfection of being and physical immortality as one of its results, then, what can be said about an ordinary guy like you? LOL.
JOEL PASTAKIA

Mumbai, India

#137577 Jun 19, 2012
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>

Assuming for the sake of the argument you are saying that truth,
Your comment is a nice improvement over your earlier stand which used to unnecessarily drag in incompatible materialistic and shallow intellectual thinking to examine and question supraphysical events.

You must take an explanation or narrative for what it is worth and try to intellectually, using the higher intelligence, understand it in terms of the principle that it is based upon and then proceed in the analysis and as you proceed thus with an open mind and the higher intellect you'll be amazed to discover that the higher reason rushes in to support the narratives concerning the higher states of existence provided they are true experiences of the supraphyscal.

Remember, only like can understand like.

i'll answer the rest of your post a little later.
Frijoles

Cromwell, CT

#137578 Jun 19, 2012
JOEL PASTAKIA wrote:
Just returned from a fabulous yacht party hosted by the Singhanias. It's their yearly monsoon bash. Wow! What a fantastic setting and what a party! The party is just beginning to rock, really rock. They provided a sleek catamaran shuttle service to ferry guests from the quay at the Gateway of India opposite the luxurious Taj Mahal and Palace Hotel and back.
If the party is just beginning to rock, why did you leave?
Frijoles

Cromwell, CT

#137579 Jun 19, 2012
http://seof.blogspot.com/2009/02/sri-aurobind...

Saturday 7 February 2009
Sri Aurobindo verbalised his Yoga experiences in eloquent language
joel pastakia Bombay, India #14128 7 hrs ago

Don't follow Aurobindo blindly....he and the mother made several mistakes in translating their experiences and were FOREVER LEARNERS but they very ignorantly and arrogantly claimed to their foolish disciples (including Kennedy's daughter) that they were the Avataar (Prophet) and the Gayatri (Primal Consciousness-Force) of their times. My, they were simply mere Yogis (no matter how above averagely advanced) claiming to be the Divine ! What chutzpah !!! Their claims were hogwash and for which they'll certainly pay a price !!!

During the time of the Rishi Aurobindo, the world saw the advent of two mighty Prophets in quick succession - Sri Sri Ram Krishna Paramhans and Sri Sri Anukul Chandra Thakurji. In fact it was Thakurji who sent his disciple - the noted lawyer C R Das - to rescue Aurobindo from the clutches of the British when he was imprisoned on serious charges of sedition and faced the death sentence.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#137580 Jun 19, 2012
seasidesoon wrote:
<quoted text>actually, after Peter got his legs broken when Paul threw him down some steps at the temple, he mayve become more amenable to suggestion. Regardless, I doubt Jesus would've taught against the very first mitzvah, to be fruitful and multiply.Since according to Tradition, he did not marry and become fruitful, he did not fulfill the law perfectly, therefore he would not have rights to claim fulfillment and abolition of the entire law. Which he claimed he was doing anyway.
It was not part of the law to marry and produce children. Although Jesus did not teach against having children or marrying.
Buford

Charleston, WV

#137581 Jun 19, 2012
JOEL PASTAKIA wrote:
When the Higher Force descends into the being it is accompanied by tremendous pressure that creates great friction with the nerves and cells and so the initial pain. This is part of the process of supramentalization that leads to perfection of the being.
Well, if even a prophet like Jesus didn't know anything about the descent of the Higher Consciousness-Force into the being as a way of transformation leading to perfection of being and physical immortality as one of its results, then, what can be said about an ordinary guy like you? LOL.
It's amazing how much you think you know about what Jesus didn't know! It's probably because he confessed his ignorance to you personally.
JOEL PASTAKIA

Mumbai, India

#137582 Jun 19, 2012
Aurobindo was not an Avatar. He was a great sage. The Avatars during his time in quick succession were Ram Krishna Paramhans and Anukul Chandra Thakurji.
Don

Delhi, India

#137583 Jun 19, 2012
Allah or Al ilah was the moon god and supreme god of Arabs in pre Islamic Arabia. He was depicted with a crescent moon. It has been proved by archaeological researches in Arabia. Muhammad eliminated all the gods of Arabs except Allah and made him his only god. This Allah was different from pre islamic Allah. Muhammad's Allah used to talk only with Muhammad and only Muhammad could fully understand his Allah. Allah used to justify all the crimes of Muhammad. This Allah was nothing but Muhammad's own self. Muhammad used present his own views as the words of Allah. God can not say the absurd things that Muhammad used to say his followers.
Buford

Charleston, WV

#137584 Jun 19, 2012
seasidesoon wrote:
<quoted text>actually, after Peter got his legs broken when Paul threw him down some steps at the temple, he mayve become more amenable to suggestion. Regardless, I doubt Jesus would've taught against the very first mitzvah, to be fruitful and multiply.Since according to Tradition, he did not marry and become fruitful, he did not fulfill the law perfectly, therefore he would not have rights to claim fulfillment and abolition of the entire law. Which he claimed he was doing anyway.
Adam and Eve were commanded to be fruitful and multiply, period.
JOEL PASTAKIA

Mumbai, India

#137585 Jun 19, 2012
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>

Have you ever considered to move to live to Pune and if it is possible to take a house close to his farmhouse
Yes, i have considered that idea of living near him in Pune but it will not work out for me since my background and personality are very different from my friend's.

i have to attain to the height of supramentalization through urban living, high intellectualism, luxury, struggle, empathy, loneliness, battle with the hostile vital powers and rejection which is not the case with him.

He has a smooth path without combat and knows nothing about struggle and overcoming life threatening obstacles and so his yoga is incomplete in many respects.

The integral yoga demands that the seeker experiences every facet of life and conquers and transforms them.

The case with him is that his third eye has opened up and so he has the faculty of both macro as well as micro vision but in other deeper areas he has to make much progress and besides his resilience is weak and he is afraid of the hostile vital beings who can overwhelm him if makes many mistakes.

His spiritual experiences appear grand to novices but they are more sensational than profound or solid and so the transformation in him will be partial after a certain stage.

Our Master had warned me against teaming up with others and wants me to go through this yoga on my own without compromise and he has also told me about the supreme level that i will attain on the culmination of my yoga in this existence.

And more...

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#137586 Jun 19, 2012
Frijoles, please read last comments in post -- Just reading in the news that some Jews are desiring to be sent to Israel when they die, plots can be very expensive because ground is scarce there, because many believe the Messiah will first appear there and the resurrection will occur in Israel, also via the sea. The rabbi of one synagogue described in the paper as a "gay" and "lesbian" synagogue, also commented and said that they don't think too much about the afterlife, just what good can they do now.:-)(I'll bet.) Now, here Frijoles, is what I want to ask you: when the paper described the synagogue as "gay" and "lesbian," do you think it meant lesbians are gay? lol...
Don

Delhi, India

#137587 Jun 19, 2012
What is the topic and what irrelevant things you people are discussing ?LOL Why don't you discuss the recipe of your favorite dish hear ?
skeptic

Bethlehem, PA

#137589 Jun 19, 2012
JOEL PASTAKIA wrote:
SKEPTIC:
1) Why couldn't Jesus save both your sons from being sodomized when they were teenagers?
2) If tomorrow you come down with say an ordinary fever, can Jesus cure you if you simply pray to him?
We live in the world of reality.
The exercise of free will of the good and evil people are the reality that we live in.
And it is not Gods will to prevent the free will exercised by both good and evil people from its use.
If I have a fever God provided natural medicine available a the local drug store for me to take to relieve my fever.
Frijoles

Cromwell, CT

#137590 Jun 19, 2012
NotQuiter wrote:
Frijoles, please read last comments in post -- Just reading in the news that some Jews are desiring to be sent to Israel when they die, plots can be very expensive because ground is scarce there, because many believe the Messiah will first appear there and the resurrection will occur in Israel, also via the sea. The rabbi of one synagogue described in the paper as a "gay" and "lesbian" synagogue, also commented and said that they don't think too much about the afterlife, just what good can they do now.:-)(I'll bet.) Now, here Frijoles, is what I want to ask you: when the paper described the synagogue as "gay" and "lesbian," do you think it meant lesbians are gay? lol...
http://www.myjewishlearning.com/life/Sex_and_...

History of Jewish Lesbianism

A chronological outline of Jewish views of lesbianism from biblical to modern times.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#137591 Jun 19, 2012
Borg3of7 wrote:
<quoted text>
To me the Adam & Eve story is more indicative of "Ancient Alien" theory than supportive of their mystic faith.
REAL archeological evidence clearly shows thousands of cultures around the world living through the "Flood" era...and many millions of humans living as far back as 75,000 years ago.
I have a personal theory (lay-mans theory not scientific theory)about the "flood"...if'n you care to hear it.
rabbee: beware of smoking guns, because someone blew their own smoke in the barrel. science is comprized, of all not here in TheTorah liars too.
Frijoles

Cromwell, CT

#137592 Jun 19, 2012
NotQuiter wrote:
I had an orthodox relative who died a few years back and was sent to Israel for burial. His two sons accompanied him on the plane, attended the burial, and flew back, all within 36 hours or so. The actual funeral was on the tarmac of Kennedy Airport. It was very loud. They do have a chapel in the terminal but most funerals are actually on the tarmac in the baggage area, and seconds after the funeral the coffin is rolled into the plane in full view. What suprised me was we were one of SEVERAL funerals at that moment - and that on a typical plane to Israel this is a normal occurence. It took us a few minutes to find the right funeral. NO eulogies, only the chanting of the Hebrew prayers....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Roman Catholic Church Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min June VanDerMark 578,627
News Why I'll be voting 'No' to same-sex marriage, e... 34 min NorCal Native 1,889
News Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays (Oct '07) 59 min Ink 219,850
News Next Steps for Christians & Gay MarriageBy Ross... 14 hr Fa-Foxy 6
News Four more men accuse priest of sexual abuse (Jan '08) 17 hr Curious 1,371
catholic forum 21 hr Nsk14 2
News Catholic Charities refuses to place children wi... (Jun '11) Thu nOgOd 1,556
More from around the web