Silver: gem spirituality symbol

Silver: gem spirituality symbol

Abishai100

Clementon, NJ

#1 Feb 11, 2013
Silver is a metallic chemical element with the chemical symbol Ag and atomic number 47. A soft, white, lustrous transition metal, it has the highest electrical conductivity of any element and the highest thermal conductivity of any metal (source: Wikipedia).

Silver has long been valued as a precious metal, and is used as an investment, to make ornaments, jewelry, high-value tableware, utensils (hence the term silverware), and currency coins. Today, silver metal is also used in electrical contacts and conductors, in mirrors and in catalysis of chemical reactions. Its reactive light-sensitive halide compounds are used in photographic film (source: Wikipedia).

Silver is traded as a precious commodity in global markets and rivals the mineral gold market in many capital ways. Because silver has more chemical and electrical uses, silver sometimes usurps gold as a precious standard. A famous bold American politician once suggested that the USA switch from the favored gold standard to silver.

The ornament-based marketability of the celebrity-themed Planet Hollywood restaurant franchise indicates a modern interest in commercializing gem catalysis, a trend that perhaps partially reflects the economic value of value-themed Hollywood (USA) movies such as "Where the Hell's that Gold?" (1988).

Are they printing movie posters on hemp/recycled paper yet?

God bless!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Roman Catholic Church Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 min LAWEST100 654,363
News Remembering a Christian and a Jew who traced an... 1 hr Frijoles 15
legitimate? 1 hr just asking 1
News Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 3 hr yehoshooah is a N... 253,993
News Winnipeg-born priest makes the case for Mother ... 7 hr Mother Theresa Sp... 1
Who is allowed to walk me down the isle at my R... 20 hr Posting as myself 3
News Catholic Charities refuses to place children wi... (Jun '11) Sat nOgOd 1,764
More from around the web