Catholic Church Waging War on Women a...

Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

There are 219997 comments on the Fables of the reconstruction story from Oct 30, 2007, titled Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays. In it, Fables of the reconstruction reports that:

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fables of the reconstruction.

Ink

Bensalem, PA

#254427 May 9, 2014
Morgana9Rules wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion most certainly has a war on women, gays and freedom. They wish to impose their version of morality on the masses.
Think about freedom, then think about women. Think about being forced to carry an unwanted pregnancy by law. Think about sacrificing your best interests, your right to self assessment and medical/physical well being in lieu of the law. But then again, YOU BRIAN will never have to think about those things will you? You get to sit in the corner and point fingers never having to face the situation yet feeling the nobility of forcing others. I am so glad for you.
If women were tthinking about their best interests, they wouldn't be having an unwanted pregnancy.

“=”

Since: Oct 07

Appleton WI

#254428 May 9, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>There's no need for abortions now, adoption fulfills the needs of an unwanted baby and a loving mother and father.
<quoted text>Murdering a very young human being is everyone's business. The more you show, the more obvious the act of a mother murdering her child for convenience.
<quoted text>Some reasons for abortion are so bad, they scar young girls for life and some abortions are botched and young girls are sterilized for life. We don't live in a perfect world.
<quoted text>In E.'s situation, the female is the ONLY one with rights, not first among equals. Our Constitution demands the rights of all be respected, not just those with the power to murder.
<quoted text>Abortion is the only medical procedure that results in death every time. Most medicine is about saving life, abortion is about snuffing life.
A male abortionist is as evil as the mother who murders her unborn child for convenience; morality isn't defined by gender.
On the day that YOU have an unwanted pregnancy, we'll see how you think and feel about it. Until then, your over the top rhetoric about "murder" and "evil" is nothing more than an irrational, self-righteous diatribe.

“=”

Appleton WI

#254429 May 9, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you say it is "ideal' and does the "ideal" include marriage? Should there be no standards to teach children through a parents actions?
What is ideal may differ for each individual, but I personally believe it would be ideal for PARENTS to be in a committed relationship if they are PLANNING to have a child.

However, I realize that little in real life is "ideal" and probably more than half of children are not planned for.

"Should there be no standards to teach children through a parents actions?"

Of course their should be standards. Should YOU be the arbiter of those standards for anyone but yourself and your own children?
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#254430 May 9, 2014
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
On the day that YOU have an unwanted pregnancy, we'll see how you think and feel about it. Until then, your over the top rhetoric about "murder" and "evil" is nothing more than an irrational, self-righteous diatribe.
Your problem is that he never had an unwanted pregnancy. Does that mean that you would attach any credence to someone who has?

“=”

Appleton WI

#254431 May 9, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
So you think there should be no consideration of the child or the father.
Great example of a straw man fallacy.

“=”

Appleton WI

#254432 May 9, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
If women were tthinking about their best interests, they wouldn't be having an unwanted pregnancy.
True. How dare they be imperfect human beings.

Instead of helping women and girls with education and other resources to help them avoid unwanted pregnancies, let's just judge them as irresponsible and evil, because we who are NOT women with unwanted pregnancies have never ever been anything less than perfect... therefore our general superiority and our earned right to judge are self evident.

“=”

Appleton WI

#254433 May 9, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Your problem is that he never had an unwanted pregnancy. Does that mean that you would attach any credence to someone who has?
Please don't tell me what my problem is. A person with views so extreme as to call women who have abortions evil and murderers HAS no credence regardless of their experience.

THESE are the type of people who MURDER abortion doctors and blow up clinics.They are far more dangerous than women who make the difficult decision to terminate an unwanted pregnancy.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#254434 May 9, 2014
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
True. How dare they be imperfect human beings.
Instead of helping women and girls with education and other resources to help them avoid unwanted pregnancies, let's just judge them as irresponsible and evil, because we who are NOT women with unwanted pregnancies have never ever been anything less than perfect... therefore our general superiority and our earned right to judge are self evident.
Everybody is imperfect, but what you and other liberals suggest is that rather than restoring the standards of right and wrong you assert that education about safe sex and abortion will do the trick. It is like providing getaway cars to bank robbers, rather than teaching WHY it is wrong to stick up a bank.

Teaching girls to have self respect, self esteem and self control would be in there best interest, not where the nearest PP clinic is.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#254435 May 9, 2014
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
Please don't tell me what my problem is. A person with views so extreme as to call women who have abortions evil and murderers HAS no credence regardless of their experience.
THESE are the type of people who MURDER abortion doctors and blow up clinics.They are far more dangerous than women who make the difficult decision to terminate an unwanted pregnancy.
No actually they aren't out killing anybody born or unborn.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#254436 May 9, 2014
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
Great example of a straw man fallacy.
Not really. There are three people involved in the new life even before birth.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#254437 May 9, 2014
Tre H wrote:
I would neither have nor perform an abortion. Don't you believe in good and evil? How old does a human being have to be before you consider its premeditated killing, murder? Is there an end age, so that killing the very old is equivalent to killing the unborn?

I don't complain about your rhetoric, claiming other opinions are "rrational, self-righteous diatribe". I understand you don't like the word "murder" associated with abortion, which word fits better? Do you consider murder, evil?

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#254438 May 9, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
No matter what you like to see happened in the end it's the female who is pregnant it's her rights that comes first not anybody else.

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#254439 May 9, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Once upon a time I thought the same thing as you did "Ink" then I got myself off that self-righteous horse of mine.
Sherlayne

Vienna, NJ

#254440 May 10, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Everybody is imperfect, but what you and other liberals suggest is that rather than restoring the standards of right and wrong you assert that education about safe sex and abortion will do the trick. It is like providing getaway cars to bank robbers, rather than teaching WHY it is wrong to stick up a bank.
Teaching girls to have self respect, self esteem and self control would be in there best interest, not where the nearest PP clinic is.
Damn moralist - your type are usually the biggest offenders!
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#254441 May 11, 2014
Estelle wrote:
<quoted text>
No matter what you like to see happened in the end it's the female who is pregnant it's her rights that comes first not anybody else.
It isn't a matter of rights. No one questions that but is it ethical and moral to not consider anybody else in the situtation?
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#254442 May 11, 2014
Estelle wrote:
<quoted text>
Once upon a time I thought the same thing as you did "Ink" then I got myself off that self-righteous horse of mine.
And straight on to a self centered, self serving horse.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#254443 May 11, 2014
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
Damn moralist - your type are usually the biggest offenders!
Tell me why we shouldn't teach our children morals.

“Crybaby men are such a bore”

Since: Mar 14

The wild wild north

#254444 May 11, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me why we shouldn't teach our children morals.
Morals according to whom? You? The RCC who protected and coddled their pedophiles? The RCC which considers BC a sin and against "natural law"?

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#254445 May 11, 2014
Protecting life is moral, advocating murder of innocent very young human beings isn't moral. One method of exploring morality is Kant's Categorical Imperative, asking what if everyone did it? Murder is immoral under the Categorical Imperative but helping others isn't.

Think about the morality of abortion, and how much you value human life.

“Crybaby men are such a bore”

Since: Mar 14

The wild wild north

#254446 May 11, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
Protecting life is moral, advocating murder of innocent very young human beings isn't moral. One method of exploring morality is Kant's Categorical Imperative, asking what if everyone did it? Murder is immoral under the Categorical Imperative but helping others isn't.
Think about the morality of abortion, and how much you value human life.
Protecting life in this instance means you need to control women while removing her rights to bodily autonomy, free will, best interests and liberty. Advocating lesser rights and reducing women/girls to incubators isn't moral.

Kanti? Let me guess a guy...right? What if everyone did it? Men cannot do it so that eliminates "everyone" from the question.

Think about morality in regards to freedom and how little you value women/girls with the exception of reducing them to incubators.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Roman Catholic Church Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why I'll be voting 'No' to same-sex marriage, e... 3 min Wondering 2,534
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min June VanDerMark 590,663
News Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 2 hr fedupwiththemess 220,462
News Obama's immigration order stalls. For 5 million... 2 hr Cuauhtemotzin 2
News St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes (Apr '14) 5 hr pazuzu 64
News Pope Francis: Marriage is 'alliance for life' 15 hr ELIAS IBARRA 6
News Church reels after Ireland's huge 'Yes' to gay ... 19 hr Fa-Foxy 33
More from around the web