Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

Oct 30, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Fables of the reconstruction

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Comments
218,481 - 218,500 of 219,864 Comments Last updated Tuesday
Svaha

Largo, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! Well, the trouble with that is they aren't supposed to do the tattoo if you're drunk :)
but a beautiful tattoo nevertheless:-)

“=”

Since: Oct 07

Appleton WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
And you can provide a verse that says the opposite of what I stated?
It's not really worth my time and effort (that I don't really have) to find them for you... but I'm sure you could if you wanted to. Surely your not denying that many Christians don't follow what Jesus allegedly said, but rather other parts of the bible to justify their actions.
Ink wrote:
Christians are followers of and believers in Christ.
Sort of. They're supposed to be, but many who call themselves Christians actually ignore a lot of what Christ allegedly said and taught. They may use his name, but they don't follow his example.
Ink wrote:
What did He say or do that you find offensive?
I'm not sure why you ask this. Where did I say that I found Christ offensive?
Economist

Grand Island, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

"Go to last page" seem to be locked
zef

Hemet, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Before abortion was legal, all women were denied their rights.
zef wrote:

<quoted text>
No woman in the history usa has ever been denied a "life-saving abortion".
zef wrote:
<quoted text>
Besides which the phrase "life-saving abortion" is an oxymoron since abortion always kills somebody.
Furthermore most of the people killed with abortion are female, and female humans are women.
Age has nothing to do with who is or isn't a woman.

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

zef wrote:
<quoted text>
zef wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Age has nothing to do with who is or isn't a woman.
When abortion was illegal, Regardless of age, ALL women were denied abortions. That (according to those in religion) was the POINT of making abortion illegal.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

From the book,“ABORTION IN AMERICA,” the origins and evolution of national policy, by James C. Mohr, comes the following…………….

Ten years passed before Catholic spokesmen in the United States took further public action against abortion. In the spring of 1869 Bishop Spaulding of Baltimore released a pastoral condemnation of abortion that emanated from a council of Bishops held in his city that year. Spaulding enunciated what was generally considered to be the orthodox Catholic position on abortion for the next hundred years:“The murder of an infant before its birth is, in the sight of God and his Church, as great a crime, as would be the killing of a child after birth…. No mother is allowed, under any circumstances, to permit the death of her unborn infant, not even for the sake of preserving her own life.”

Quesnel, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

From what I studied, physicians were the first ones to put the pressure on all society in the United States in their drive to make abortion illegal. Many of them could see women dying in droves and they thought that making it illegal would stop the women from having the abortions. But they were wrong. Once it became illegal, women of wealth were able to go to the physicians that could be bought off, or to physicians in other countries where abortions were legal, and the women that were poor resorted to the same back-street types of abortions as usual ... to become infected and often die at the hands of those who were not qualified medically to carry out the procedures.
Svaha

Largo, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
From what I studied, physicians were the first ones to put the pressure on all society in the United States in their drive to make abortion illegal. Many of them could see women dying in droves and they thought that making it illegal would stop the women from having the abortions. But they were wrong. Once it became illegal, women of wealth were able to go to the physicians that could be bought off, or to physicians in other countries where abortions were legal, and the women that were poor resorted to the same back-street types of abortions as usual ... to become infected and often die at the hands of those who were not qualified medically to carry out the procedures.
http://law.jrank.org/pages/5508/Comstock-Law-...

this war on women has been going on for a very long time:-)

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Svaha wrote:
<quoted text>
http://law.jrank.org/pages/5508/Comstock-Law-...
this war on women has been going on for a very long time:-)
Yep! Anthony Comstock and his Victorian "morality" were quite the pair!

Anthony seemed to think of his self as another "moral" male-servant of a male deity.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not really worth my time and effort (that I don't really have) to find them for you... but I'm sure you could if you wanted to. Surely your not denying that many Christians don't follow what Jesus allegedly said, but rather other parts of the bible to justify their actions.
<quoted text>
Sort of. They're supposed to be, but many who call themselves Christians actually ignore a lot of what Christ allegedly said and taught. They may use his name, but they don't follow his example.
<quoted text>
I'm not sure why you ask this. Where did I say that I found Christ offensive?
It is always worth your time to make statements that are true and if that takes a little research, so be it.

It is hard to have an honest conversation if one person makes stuff up and throws it out as fact.

It takes a lot of effort to live your life in the way you think Jesus wanted us to. It is so hard that many of us don't bother. Then again some of us really try and yet fall short. I think that as long as we are really trying in spite of set backs, that is all that is asked.
Svaha

Clearwater, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
It is always worth your time to make statements that are true and if that takes a little research, so be it.
It is hard to have an honest conversation if one person makes stuff up and throws it out as fact.
It takes a lot of effort to live your life in the way you think Jesus wanted us to. It is so hard that many of us don't bother. Then again some of us really try and yet fall short. I think that as long as we are really trying in spite of set backs, that is all that is asked.
So what you're saying is that you're just like all those "christians" Tre was talking about? Well we knew that:-) By the way, loved your comment about "honest conversation". When will you start??
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Svaha wrote:
<quoted text>
So what you're saying is that you're just like all those "christians" Tre was talking about? Well we knew that:-) By the way, loved your comment about "honest conversation". When will you start??
I think maybe you aren't capable of knowing what is honest or dishonest. You have conveniently place everyone in the same box.

“=”

Appleton WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
It sounds like you're accusing me of lying and being dishonest, just because I don't want to jump through your hoops. I have read most of the bible, but I don't have it memorized... so trying to find a particular verse in a rather large publication is sometimes a bit more than you should reasonably expect someone on a forum to do.

I haven't lied. If you're going to accuse me, go ahead, but be more specific. My time on the internet is limited these days, so I'm not about to spend it all on your nonsense.

“=”

Appleton WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
And you still haven't answered why you asked "What did He say or do that you find offensive?" What made you assume that I'm offended by Christ?

“=”

Appleton WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Svaha wrote:
<quoted text>
I personally don't have a problem with people not being perfect. It is those who act us if they ARE perfect and judge others self-righteously who I find difficult to tolerate... and many of those people behave that way in the name of Christianity. Ink wants to deny this.

Ink's implication that I'm dishonest is just to distract from his/her own dishonesty... along with attempts to send me on a wild goose chase for bible verses instead of just addressing what we were discussing. Every reply is a move AWAY from the original discussion. A while back I had the impression that Ink was a more reasonable person. I was wrong.

“=”

Appleton WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I think maybe you aren't capable of knowing what is honest or dishonest. You have conveniently place everyone in the same box.
https://images.funagain.com/cover/huge/05450....
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
I personally don't have a problem with people not being perfect. It is those who act us if they ARE perfect and judge others self-righteously who I find difficult to tolerate... and many of those people behave that way in the name of Christianity. Ink wants to deny this.
Ink's implication that I'm dishonest is just to distract from his/her own dishonesty... along with attempts to send me on a wild goose chase for bible verses instead of just addressing what we were discussing. Every reply is a move AWAY from the original discussion. A while back I had the impression that Ink was a more reasonable person. I was wrong.
I have already agreed with you about some people don't act very Christly, even those that say they represent them.
Saying that I deny that is not truthful. I can go back and find my post if you want.
I do think it is reasonable to look things up if you aren't sure about what you are saying.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

represent Him not them
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
And you still haven't answered why you asked "What did He say or do that you find offensive?" What made you assume that I'm offended by Christ?
At first I thought that you were offended by Christians but then something you said made me think it was Christ too. I guess it doeasn't really matter. Why did you read the Bible so many times?
Svaha

Largo, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
No my dear. You're the one who does that. It's called projection. Projecting your feelings onto someone else.
Svaha

Largo, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
It's another "if you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance baffle 'em with bullshit":-)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

13 Users are viewing the Roman Catholic Church Forum right now

Search the Roman Catholic Church Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Comment: Let's allow Christians to have their v... 4 min Warner 982
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min Oxbow 532,582
Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 11 min No-Doubt 199,583
Saint of the Day thread (May '10) 1 hr MichelleMC 2,398
NPR Boosts Plight of Catholic School Teacher Fi... 3 hr Dan 185
More 13 hr True Christian witness 2
27-May-13 - Filipino Bishops Call for 'Truth Co... (May '13) 13 hr ELIAS IBARRA 68
•••
•••