Catholic Church Waging War on Women a...

Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

There are 218493 comments on the Fables of the reconstruction story from Oct 30, 2007, titled Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays. In it, Fables of the reconstruction reports that:

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fables of the reconstruction.

Ink

Havertown, PA

#254349 Jan 29, 2014
Svaha wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't get the point. Again. Do educate us more on what "god" wants and what "god" says
Be happy to. What do you want to know?

“=”

Since: Oct 07

Appleton WI

#254350 Jan 29, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't assuming anything. I read what you wrote.
"For me, it seems about equal to believing in rubbing a magic lamp and a genie will grant your wishes... or any other ancient fairytale or superstition"
Yes, and what I wrote was about a COMPARISON between prayer and other ancient superstitious practices. I did not say that prayer was about having wishes granted. So, when you say "I see that you don't have a clue about prayer. It is far from having your wishes granted. That isn't why you pray," you are definitely making assumptions and not correctly comprehending what you're reading.
Ink wrote:
BTW anything worth finding is worth looking for. I never really learned to talk to God through my Catholic religious education. I said prayers but I never thought about my prayers being heard. I never learned about turning my life over to Him and trustingHim thoroughly. A few years ago I stumbled across a prayer that commits everything you have to Him and I thought I could never say or do that. No sense being disingenuious to God so I didn't for a long time.
Then one day I was at my wits end and I told Him, okay I have done all I can and it isn't working so I will let my ego get out of the way and You take over. Life still isn't a piece of cake but the right answers seem to come to me when I need them and I have a much more positive attitude and a peacefulness.
I know it isn't for everybody but I am grateful for the help.
That's all nice and wonderful for you that you believe your god is helping you find the right answers, but again, it seems to start yet another tangent on the discussion while avoiding addressing what we were actually discussing.

I'll have to look back now and see if I can figure out WTF we actually began discussing, because each time it gets derailed by something different. I'm not against talking about new and different subjects, it's just that we never seem to STAY on one topic long enough to say much of anything. Either your thought process is just that scattered, or you do it deliberately to distract and avoid... I don't know.

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#254351 Jan 29, 2014
Pope Francis said something about not judging gay priests and other gay folks. This info I came across clarifies it somewhat even though the Pope is still sticking to the Roman Catholic teachings.

Only one-third of Catholics reside in Europe or North America; the remaining two-thirds live in Asia, Sub-Saharan Africa, and Latin America. Unfortunately, many Catholics who live in these places continue to have regressive views about LGBT people. So when the Pope says,“If a person is gay and seeks God and has good will, who am I to judge them?”— THAT"S a BIG DEAL!

Consider the example of India, where the Supreme Court re-criminalized homosexual sex. It was Catholic Cardinal Oswald Gracias, archbishop of Mumbai, who said "the Catholic Church has never been opposed to the decriminalization of homosexuality, because we have never considered gay people criminals." That might seem self-evident to us, but to millions of people, it's not. And to gay people living outside of the United States and Europe, those words are the differences between a Church that condones their persecution and one that seeks to end it.
zef

Los Angeles, CA

#254352 Jan 29, 2014
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, and what I wrote was about a COMPARISON between prayer and other ancient superstitious practices. I did not say that prayer was about having wishes granted. So, when you say "I see that you don't have a clue about prayer. It is far from having your wishes granted. That isn't why you pray," you are definitely making assumptions and not correctly comprehending what you're reading.
<quoted text>
That's all nice and wonderful for you that you believe your god is helping you find the right answers, but again, it seems to start yet another tangent on the discussion while avoiding addressing what we were actually discussing.
I'll have to look back now and see if I can figure out WTF we actually began discussing, because each time it gets derailed by something different. I'm not against talking about new and different subjects, it's just that we never seem to STAY on one topic long enough to say much of anything. Either your thought process is just that scattered, or you do it deliberately to distract and avoid... I don't know.
Sing me a song, you're a singer
Do me a wrong, you're a bringer of evil
The Devil is never a maker
The less that you give, you're a taker
So it's on and on and on, it's Heaven and Hell, oh well

The lover of life's not a sinner
The ending is just a beginner
The closer you get to the meaning
The sooner you'll know that you're dreaming
So it's on and on and on, oh it's on and on and on
It goes on and on and on, Heaven and Hell
I can tell, fool, fool!

Well if it seems to be real, it's illusion
For every moment of truth, there's confusion in life
Love can be seen as the answer, but nobody bleeds for the dancer
And it's on and on, on and on and on....

They say that life's a carousel
Spinning fast, you've got to ride it well
The world is full of Kings and Queens
Who blind your eyes and steal your dreams
It's Heaven and Hell, oh well
And they'll tell you black is really white
The moon is just the sun at night
And when you walk in golden halls
You get to keep the gold that falls
It's Heaven and Hell, oh no!
Fool, fool!
You've got to bleed for the dancer!
Fool, fool!
Look for the answer!
Fool, fool, fool!
Southern Reaper

New Port Richey, FL

#254354 Feb 2, 2014
zef wrote:
<quoted text>
Sing me a song, you're a singer
Do me a wrong, you're a bringer of evil
The Devil is never a maker
The less that you give, you're a taker
So it's on and on and on, it's Heaven and Hell, oh well
The lover of life's not a sinner
The ending is just a beginner
The closer you get to the meaning
The sooner you'll know that you're dreaming
So it's on and on and on, oh it's on and on and on
It goes on and on and on, Heaven and Hell
I can tell, fool, fool!
Well if it seems to be real, it's illusion
For every moment of truth, there's confusion in life
Love can be seen as the answer, but nobody bleeds for the dancer
And it's on and on, on and on and on....
They say that life's a carousel
Spinning fast, you've got to ride it well
The world is full of Kings and Queens
Who blind your eyes and steal your dreams
It's Heaven and Hell, oh well
And they'll tell you black is really white
The moon is just the sun at night
And when you walk in golden halls
You get to keep the gold that falls
It's Heaven and Hell, oh no!
Fool, fool!
You've got to bleed for the dancer!
Fool, fool!
Look for the answer!
Fool, fool, fool!
Still an off-topic lunatic, I see.

“Women are people, not objects.”

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#254355 Feb 2, 2014
Southern Reaper wrote:
<quoted text>
Still an off-topic lunatic, I see.
This comes as a surprise?
Ink

Havertown, PA

#254356 Feb 3, 2014
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
By all means look it up and we will try again.
Svaha

Saint Petersburg, FL

#254357 Feb 4, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Be happy to. What do you want to know?
because you have all the answers. Good to know
Ink

Havertown, PA

#254358 Feb 5, 2014
Estelle wrote:
Pope Francis said something about not judging gay priests and other gay folks. This info I came across clarifies it somewhat even though the Pope is still sticking to the Roman Catholic teachings.
Only one-third of Catholics reside in Europe or North America; the remaining two-thirds live in Asia, Sub-Saharan Africa, and Latin America. Unfortunately, many Catholics who live in these places continue to have regressive views about LGBT people. So when the Pope says,“If a person is gay and seeks God and has good will, who am I to judge them?”— THAT"S a BIG DEAL!
Consider the example of India, where the Supreme Court re-criminalized homosexual sex. It was Catholic Cardinal Oswald Gracias, archbishop of Mumbai, who said "the Catholic Church has never been opposed to the decriminalization of homosexuality, because we have never considered gay people criminals." That might seem self-evident to us, but to millions of people, it's not. And to gay people living outside of the United States and Europe, those words are the differences between a Church that condones their persecution and one that seeks to end it.
That is so very true. It does make a big difference in the areas that you mentioned.
Countryboy

United States

#254359 Feb 9, 2014
we are tellin it like it is, help us spread the word, www.anglodefenseleague.com and click on the forum button

“=”

Since: Oct 07

Appleton WI

#254360 Feb 10, 2014
Countryboy wrote:
we are tellin it like it is, help us spread the word, www.anglodefenseleague.com and click on the forum button
SPAM.

This is not a place to recruit people to "spread the word" of insane garbage.
Economist

Buffalo, NY

#254361 Feb 11, 2014
Countryboy wrote:
Looked under you bed lately---maybe in the back of the closet--THEY are everywhere!!!

Dude--You need to take a couple chill pills.
Economist

Buffalo, NY

#254362 Feb 11, 2014
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, and your reply implies that you think I WAS judging who should be pope, which I wasn't, because I could care less. And I don't believe the pope is an emissary for any god, and I'm not Catholic, so I actually think NO ONE should be pope. But I know god doesn't choose the pope, a council elects him.
Wouldn't this god know ahead of time whether someone is going to live up to the job? Isn't this god free from constraints of linear time, and doesn't he know all the past present and future? Or does your god sometimes make mistakes? Let me guess... whenever god does something that LOOKS like it might be a mistake, we simply say, "the Lord works in mysterious ways" and there is no need to explain or justify ANYTHING, EVER.
A fellow who feels "there is no need to explain or justify ANYTHING, EVER" has to be brain dead.

He goes thru life with a set of notions instilled by his early environment and is reluctant to revise those childish ideas regardless of newly encountered facts.

Location hidden

#254364 Feb 11, 2014
The Roman Catholic Church message and teaching stipulates that being gay/homosexual is not a sin. It's when a gay person has sex that where the sin comes in.
When young or any Catholic male for that matter faces a future of no sex and is required to remain celibate for the rest of his life that would explain why many gays don't follow the Catholic church's teachings.

The Catholic Church has many saints. From all those oodles of saints throughout the ages, the odds are there must be gays, lesbians and bisexuals among those so call holy saints.
Why doesn't the Roman Catholic Church talk about them?
The Catholic Church's hierarchy had to know there were gays among those saints?
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#254365 Feb 13, 2014
Estelle wrote:
The Roman Catholic Church message and teaching stipulates that being gay/homosexual is not a sin. It's when a gay person has sex that where the sin comes in.
When young or any Catholic male for that matter faces a future of no sex and is required to remain celibate for the rest of his life that would explain why many gays don't follow the Catholic church's teachings.
The Catholic Church has many saints. From all those oodles of saints throughout the ages, the odds are there must be gays, lesbians and bisexuals among those so call holy saints.
Why doesn't the Roman Catholic Church talk about them?
The Catholic Church's hierarchy had to know there were gays among those saints?
Do you know of any?

Location hidden

#254366 Feb 15, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know of any?
From millions of saints there has be some saints that are gay and the Catholic Church knows it.

I don't have access to the Vatican secret archives and it's a safe bet you don't have access to those archive yourself.

I'm going with the odds of average that some saints were gay.

Ink

Bensalem, PA

#254367 Feb 16, 2014
Estelle wrote:
<quoted text>
From millions of saints there has be some saints that are gay and the Catholic Church knows it.
I don't have access to the Vatican secret archives and it's a safe bet you don't have access to those archive yourself.
I'm going with the odds of average that some saints were gay.
Okay
Economist

Buffalo, NY

#254368 Feb 18, 2014
“What do you think science is?

There's nothing magical about science.

It is simply a systematic way for carefully and thoroughly observing nature and using consistent logic to evaluate results.

Which part of that exactly do you disagree with?

Do you disagree with being thorough?

Using careful observation? Being systematic?

Or using consistent logic?”
--Steven Novella

Do you agree with Novella?

OR

with Picasso

“Everything you can imagine is real.”
-- Pablo Picasso

He is agreed with by most defenders of religion.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#254369 Feb 18, 2014
Economist wrote:
<quoted text>
A fellow who feels "there is no need to explain or justify ANYTHING, EVER" has to be brain dead.
He goes thru life with a set of notions instilled by his early environment and is reluctant to revise those childish ideas regardless of newly encountered facts.
What are you looking to have justified?

Location hidden

#254370 Feb 21, 2014
A sad situation with very little compassion in pastoral care.

A woman got word her brother was very ill in another city and she made traveling plans to see him.

Her brother is gay.

This woman is a strong practicing Catholic so it's was natural for her to not want her brother to be with a man.

Shortly after visiting her brother she needed to take him to the hospital. During that drive he started to pray the "Apostle's Creed". Her brother couldn't even remember the words and she commented how sad that was. Her brother died a short time later after she got him to the hospital.

I agree this woman has a right to her belief and opinion. Her brother after all...was dying and did die.

What harm did it do to give her dying brother some consolation and pray the "Apostle Creed" with him or even for him instead on dwelling on the fact her brother lived his life as gay person which was normal for him as it was normal for her to live her life as a straight female.

She just didn't want to be seen as agreeing with her brother's homosexual ways because she would be enabling in his sin.

This poor guy must have felt so alone in those last hours of his life.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Roman Catholic Church Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 21 min RoSesz 650,329
News Nazi hunter outraged by annulment of Ustasha co... 1 hr truth 20
News Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 1 hr MUQ2 253,543
News Catholics awaiting Francis pray for slain Frenc... 19 hr poopoo 1
News Serbia, Croatia trade protest notes over rehabi... 19 hr truth 3
News Boy Scouts faring well a year after easing ban ... Tue Oliver 28
News HIstorical revisionism meets anti-Semitism in C... Tue truth 12
More from around the web