Catholic Church Waging War on Women a...

Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

There are 217509 comments on the Fables of the reconstruction story from Oct 30, 2007, titled Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays. In it, Fables of the reconstruction reports that:

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fables of the reconstruction.

Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#252898 Jun 29, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Without religion there would be no theory of creation, and without religion there would be no Atheists.
I KNOW!
Its crazy as a
than a soup sandwich.

How can we explain it all?

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#252899 Jun 30, 2013
Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>I KNOW!
Its crazy as a
than a soup sandwich.
How can we explain it all?
We can't, and that is why people "settled" for the idea that there just HAD to be a creator that started it all.

I now don't accept that simple-minded supposed answer. From my perception that answer is not too good to be true, but rather it's too BAD to be true.
Svaha

Tampa, FL

#252900 Jun 30, 2013
truthprevails wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said Jesus said that. If your comprehension skills were up to par, you would have seen that.
The Bible, however, does condemn sloth.
Let me share some with you oh ignorant one:
1. Proverbs....
"The soul of the sluggard craves and gets nothing, while the soul of the diligent is richly supplied."
2. 2nd Thessalonians...
"For even when we were with you, we would give you this command: If anyone is not willing to work, let him not eat."
3. 1st Timothy
"But if anyone does not provide for his relatives, and especially for members of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever. "
And then Jesus SAID:
"But his master answered him,‘You wicked and slothful servant! You knew that I reap where I have not sown and gather where I scattered no seed? Then you ought to have invested my money with the bankers, and at my coming I should have received what was my own with interest. So take the talent from him and give it to him who has the ten talents. For to everyone who has will more be given, and he will have an abundance. But from the one who has not, even what he has will be taken away. And cast the worthless servant into the outer darkness. In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’
Let me hear an AMEN!
Matthew 24 And Jesus answered them,“See that no one leads you astray. 5 For many will come in my name, saying,‘I am the Christ,’ and they will lead many astray"

I think your jesus was talking about people like you. NOW we can hear the amen

Quesnel, Canada

#252901 Jun 30, 2013
Dr. Schweitzer endorsed the summation that “Jesus has been made the receptacle into which every theologian pours his own ideas.”

Quesnel, Canada

#252902 Jun 30, 2013
“The quest of the historical Jesus,” is a classic example of the fact that most men who search for historical data about Jesus end up writing their own gospel.

Albert Schweitzer
Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#252903 Jun 30, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
“The quest of the historical Jesus,” is a classic example of the fact that most men who search for historical data about Jesus end up writing their own gospel.
Albert Schweitzer
"Somebody has to watch the gate."

Grand dad.

Quesnel, Canada

#252904 Jun 30, 2013
Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>"Somebody has to watch the gate."
Grand dad.
Gatekeeper

In the late 20th century the term came into metaphorical use, referring to individuals who decide whether a given message will be distributed by a mass medium.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gatekeeper
Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#252905 Jun 30, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Gatekeeper
In the late 20th century the term came into metaphorical use, referring to individuals who decide whether a given message will be distributed by a mass medium.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gatekeeper
All that seeing into the future is not my cup of coffee.

Quesnel, Canada

#252906 Jun 30, 2013
Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>All that seeing into the future is not my cup of coffee.
Have you given up on trying to make that crystal ball see it your way?

:)

“Clever words”

constellate

#252909 Jul 1, 2013
Economist wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is a book that may help you take that burden off your neck.
NASA Scientist Shows How Anyone Can
"Make the Break" With Gods & Religion
New book uses science, history to show gods to be
a product of human inventionton
Dr. Reginald J. Exton, a NASA scientist for five decades, shares clearly and succinctly the evidence that points to the human origin of religions in Make the Break - If You Can.
Dr. Exton has gathered a representative list of events, scientific observations, and religious developments that lead the reader to the eventual realization that there is voluminous evidence that humanity itself created gods and religions to shield itself from the unknown.
The printed book is in magazine format, making its 64 full-color pages—including pictures, charts and graphs—easy to read and comprehend.
The ebook version contains links to additional online content, including a forum where readers can communicate with one another.
“My sincere hope is that the book will help to relieve people of their historical guilt and clarify the individual rights and responsibilities of all human beings,” Dr. Exton said.
“These hopes are particularly meaningful at the beginning of the twenty-first century as two major religions again conduct crusades against one another, and the political arm of religion in the U.S. strengthens itself to secure by ‘democratic’ means what it cannot obtain by argument.”
Outlining the human origin of religions, Make the Break - If You Can begins with a brief synopsis of the major developments in the formation of our universe;
a description of more recent events in the development of civilization, including the period of religious fervor;
and the evolutionary process leading to modern man.
From these initial chapters, Dr. Exton discusses why religious beliefs are so strongly entrenched in peoples’ thinking and why many maintain these beliefs today.
The subsequent chapters list some of the worldwide conflicts that have arisen out of religion;
an outline of an astrophysical projection of the ultimate fate of our universe;
and offers an alternative to god-based religions that captures the best parts of the various religious rules and philosophies practiced today.
Dr. Exton’s scientific career began in 1954 at the University of Richmond, where he majored in physics, graduating with a B.S. in 1958.
He completed his education in physics with an M.S. and a Ph.D. at West Virginia University.
For the past 50 years, he has been a researcher with NASA at Langley Research Center.
During his interesting career, he has worked on reentry physics, atmospheric and oceanographic pollution, laser spectroscopy, hypersonic combustion, aerodynamics, and plasma physics.
A list of his publications in these areas can be found online.
The ebook is available through Amazon.com at $7.99, HumanistPress.com and major online retailers.
Thank you, kind sir. My mind is not yet ready to read why I harbor thoughts of eternal bliss and how best to overcome that - delusion?

{Waves to June and Tre!}

“=”

Since: Oct 07

Appleton WI

#252910 Jul 1, 2013
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, kind sir. My mind is not yet ready to read why I harbor thoughts of eternal bliss and how best to overcome that - delusion?
{Waves to June and Tre!}
Just a bit of pondering and theorizing about "bliss."

I think bliss may be whatever we think it is. Some of us may have experienced what we believe was bliss, but it was fleeting... a brief moment in time that becomes a memory, and that memory may enhance itself over time. But eternal bliss is a more abstract concept that may be unattainable.

To a person of normal health and well being, bliss may be a physical and/or emotional high, like something strong narcotic drugs may provide. To a person with chronic pain and generally poor health, bliss may be just feeling normal and having the freedom to take that for granted. You know... the grass is always greener syndrome.

When we experience those brief moments we believe to be bliss, we know they will not last forever and will be relegated to memories. Eternal bliss is a seductive illusion, and I believe it to be an impossibility. We can only experience bliss if we first know pain and misery. We can only appreciate justice when we've experienced injustice. We can only know what light is when it brings us out of the darkness.

I guess I sound a bit like a Zen Buddhist or Taoist or something, but it is the idea that what we really seek is not bliss, but balance. Nothing is eternal because all is in a perpetual state of flux.... wait... isn't perpetual the same as eternal? The more that things change, the more they stay the same?

;)
Svaha

Tampa, FL

#252911 Jul 1, 2013
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
{Waves to June and Tre!}
Hi Junket:-) How be ya:-)
Svaha

Tampa, FL

#252912 Jul 1, 2013
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
I think bliss may be whatever we think it is. Some of us may have experienced what we believe was bliss, but it was fleeting... a brief moment in time that becomes a memory, and that memory may enhance itself over time. But eternal bliss is a more abstract concept that may be unattainable.
To a person of normal health and well being, bliss may be a physical and/or emotional high, like something strong narcotic drugs may provide. To a person with chronic pain and generally poor health, bliss may be just feeling normal and having the freedom to take that for granted. You know... the grass is always greener syndrome.
When we experience those brief moments we believe to be bliss, we know they will not last forever and will be relegated to memories. Eternal bliss is a seductive illusion, and I believe it to be an impossibility. We can only experience bliss if we first know pain and misery. We can only appreciate justice when we've experienced injustice. We can only know what light is when it brings us out of the darkness.
I guess I sound a bit like a Zen Buddhist or Taoist or something, but it is the idea that what we really seek is not bliss, but balance. Nothing is eternal because all is in a perpetual state of flux.... wait... isn't perpetual the same as eternal? The more that things change, the more they stay the same?
;)
Choosing to be a happy person? Interestingly I've never heard folks like Truth or Franck or Crusader SAY they were happy. That they were satisfied with how THEIR lives were going. If their lives were so great I doubt they'd be so interested in someone elses. Just a thought since we're being philosophical:-)

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#252913 Jul 1, 2013
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
;)
Oh, well said.

Homeostasis of the Spirit/soul?:-D Probably unattainable, just as only death brings homeostasis of the body. Striving for as much balance as possible, though...always a worthy goal.
Economist

Buffalo, NY

#252914 Jul 1, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
We can't, and that is why people "settled" for the idea that there just HAD to be a creator that started it all.
I now don't accept that simple-minded supposed answer. From my perception that answer is not too good to be true, but rather it's too BAD to be true.
The idea of a creator is not an answer to anything.

It is a supposition, a guess, a proposal, a hypothesis, a belief, a proposal, a conception, etc.

All god images are figments of imagination--they are not an answer to anything--they contain no reality.
Economist

Buffalo, NY

#252915 Jul 1, 2013
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
{Waves to June and Tre!}
Let me offer another suggestion for a good read.

“Book Description

Evolving out of Eden Robert M. Price (Author), Edwin Suominen (Author)

Amazon Kindle Edition $9.99 Paperback $17.95 4.2 out of 5 stars (21 customer reviews)

Publication Date: March 19, 2013 Length: 353 pages

It is now beyond any scientific dispute that all life evolved by a natural process of random mutation and DNA crossover, genetic drift, horizontal gene transfer, and natural selection.

We are the highly refined but happenstance products of blind experimentation carried out in a design laboratory that has been running itself for billions of years.

We are first cousins to the chimpanzees, descendants not of any biblical Adam but of lumbering hairy ancestors who were making fires and hand axes in Africa hundreds of thousands of years ago.

Accepting this has been especially difficult for Christianity, because evolution challenges many foundational doctrines.

Concerned believers are walking a troubled middle path between Genesis and genetics, threatened with the loss of a cherished faith on the one hand or their intellectual integrity on the other.

Numerous science-savvy theologians have emerged to help them on their way, a whole cottage industry of guides working to establish their own different trails through the hostile territory outside Eden’s comforting fairyland.

Writing with the combination of high criticism and low humor that fans have come to love from Robert M. Price, he and co-author Edwin A. Suominen survey the apologetic landscape and offer their own frank reckoning of evolution’s significance for Christian belief.”

This is a fine primer for those who still have not acepted the reality of evolution.

Read it, then we can have an intelligent discussion of the facts.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#252916 Jul 2, 2013
Economist wrote:
<quoted text>
The idea of a creator is not an answer to anything.
I used to believe it was an answer, but not anymore.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#252917 Jul 2, 2013
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
{Waves to June and Tre!}
Thanks, and waves back at you Junket.
Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#252918 Jul 2, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, and waves back at you Junket.
I've never botherd to ask...not that it matters,but are you a older grandmother type lady or a gay dude?

“=”

Since: Oct 07

Appleton WI

#252920 Jul 2, 2013
Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>I've never botherd to ask...not that it matters,but are you a older grandmother type lady or a gay dude?
http://www.obviouswinner.com/storage/post-ima...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Roman Catholic Church Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr truth 665,620
News Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 1 hr MUQ2 256,038
News Italy's Refugee Muslims Celebrate Catholic Chri... 3 hr Invading muslims 2
News Christmas reminds us that Jesus was a migrant l... 13 hr Father Obrien 4
Please pray for ME!! I need help :( Fri Jeremy 2
News Catholic schools being closed at alarming rate (Apr '08) Fri Father OFlanery 160
News Gays cannot enter Catholic priesthood, Pope Fri South Knox Hombre 1
More from around the web