Catholic Church Waging War on Women a...

Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

There are 216216 comments on the Fables of the reconstruction story from Oct 30, 2007, titled Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays. In it, Fables of the reconstruction reports that:

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fables of the reconstruction.

Ink

Havertown, PA

#254175 Oct 30, 2013
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry... it seems we're having two different discussions here. You're arguing against points that I haven't made and talking about things I'm not talking about. I honestly don't know if you're being deliberately obtuse, have poor reading comprehension, or need serious adjustment to your medication.
I thought we were having two different discussions. One about the OT and the NT and another about God making his presence felt in some lives. Maybe I am confused and we weren't

“=”

Since: Oct 07

Appleton WI

#254176 Oct 30, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you prefer to read the old testament literally as though God wrote it. I think some protestant fundamentalists also do that.
The Gospels are quite different and proclaim Jesus' Good News.
So, I guess it's the reading comprehension that is the problem, then. Whether it be the Bible or any book, or just a post on a forum, there is no telling what YOU THINK you've been reading, since you are clearly NOT comprehending what is actually printed. You won't understand this either, but it's as if where everyone else sees a dog, you see a cat.
Sterkfontein Swartkrans

Doylestown, PA

#254177 Oct 30, 2013
The vile vatican cult should not be making decisions for normal American women! Mind your own damn business!
Ink

Havertown, PA

#254178 Oct 31, 2013
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
So, I guess it's the reading comprehension that is the problem, then. Whether it be the Bible or any book, or just a post on a forum, there is no telling what YOU THINK you've been reading, since you are clearly NOT comprehending what is actually printed. You won't understand this either, but it's as if where everyone else sees a dog, you see a cat.
I think people do come away with different understandings from the Bible. There is a lot there to absorb and it is going to have a different effects on different people.
Economist

Buffalo, NY

#254179 Nov 5, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I think people do come away with different understandings from the Bible. There is a lot there to absorb and it is going to have a different effects on different people.
So therefore you must agree with the RC church that people ought not to read the bible.

The pope would rather tell people what the bible means, so that they all get the same "effect", as you say, from it.

It fits well with the agenda of religious folks that discourages thinking--because thinking so often causes people to discard fanciful beliefs.

That is bad for the religion business.

It decreases membership and most importantly--cash donations.
Economist

Buffalo, NY

#254180 Nov 5, 2013
Here is a report of more religious foolishness:

"Kosher diapers’ to allow ultra-Orthodox Jews to change their children’s diapers on Shabbat

By: Eva Fett
Until recently, ultra-Orthodox Jews had problems when it came to using diapers for their little children on Shabbat, but now, according to kosherdiapers.com , Haredi Jews can now use diapers on Shabbat in accordance with Jewish law.

“The new ‘Kosher Diaper’ is fastened with Velcro, therefore, it is hailed as an ideal solution to avoid desecrating Shabbat,” the company states on its website.

“The use of diapers on Shabbat and Jewish holidays has always been a cause of grave concern for Jews because opening and closing the adhesive tapes violates Jewish law,” the company also states.

Currently, there is an innovative new development in the world of diapers that eliminates all problems of violating Jewish law. Namely,“Kosher Diapers,” which is secured by Velcro fasteners instead of adhesive tape.

With the Velcro fasteners there is no worries whatsoever. Ultra-Orthodox Jews can now open and close their children’s diapers on Shabbat and Jewish holidays."

---And just why is velcro kosher and adhesive tape is not kosher?--most likely because the adhesive tape manufacturers association has not contributed to the rabbi’s retirement fund while the velcro company has made a big donation.---
Ink

Havertown, PA

#254181 Nov 6, 2013
Economist wrote:
<quoted text>
So therefore you must agree with the RC church that people ought not to read the bible.
The pope would rather tell people what the bible means, so that they all get the same "effect", as you say, from it.
It fits well with the agenda of religious folks that discourages thinking--because thinking so often causes people to discard fanciful beliefs.
I believe that people should read the Bible for themselves.
Economist

Buffalo, NY

#254182 Nov 6, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe that people should read the Bible for themselves.
But--You said that it might effect people differently.

I read it and I see superstition, an evil angry creator that takes delight in seeing his chosen people murder infants.

An idiot who hands out silly laws such as thou shall stone to death he who works on the his special day of the week.

An inconsistent fool who cannot remember from one of the books that he wrote what he said in the previous book.

A clueless, uneducated scribe who assumes that he flooded the whole earth when it had only a minor diversion of water from one area to a lower area.

I could go on but I think you can now see how individuals reading the bible can be dangerous to religion.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#254183 Nov 6, 2013
Economist wrote:
<quoted text>
But--You said that it might effect people differently.
I read it and I see superstition, an evil angry creator that takes delight in seeing his chosen people murder infants.
An idiot who hands out silly laws such as thou shall stone to death he who works on the his special day of the week.
An inconsistent fool who cannot remember from one of the books that he wrote what he said in the previous book.
A clueless, uneducated scribe who assumes that he flooded the whole earth when it had only a minor diversion of water from one area to a lower area.
I could go on but I think you can now see how individuals reading the bible can be dangerous to religion.
You are under the impression that God wrote the Bible. No wonder that is what you take from it.

“=”

Appleton WI

#254184 Nov 11, 2013

“=”

Appleton WI

#254185 Nov 11, 2013
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#254186 Nov 11, 2013
Economist wrote:
That He wrote?
Ink

Havertown, PA

#254187 Nov 11, 2013
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
That He wrote?
I think she/he has that one wrong.
Svaha

Saint Petersburg, FL

#254188 Nov 12, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I think she/he has that one wrong.
So what you're saying is that everything in the bible is in error?
Ink

Havertown, PA

#254189 Nov 12, 2013
Svaha wrote:
<quoted text>
So what you're saying is that everything in the bible is in error?
No the error is thinking that God wrote the Bible.
Catholic Girl

United States

#254190 Nov 12, 2013
Economist wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm catholic and read the bible on occasion. If you would attend Mass everyday one would hear gospels and they come from the bible. Also in our parish there is a bible study ministry. check out your local RC parish for more ministries. You may find sone that interest you.
Catholic Girl

United States

#254191 Nov 12, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible is instructions to live by. don't you think perhaps God inspired these men to write down all these stories for prosperity. We will understand at the end of our time but not until then. Its a big secret, has to be kept a secret. Don't you think God knows how ingenious his creations are? We are in His likeness. He knew man would analyse His teaching and twist things around to suit their needs.
something to think about...
Ink

Havertown, PA

#254192 Nov 12, 2013
Catholic Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible is instructions to live by. don't you think perhaps God inspired these men to write down all these stories for prosperity. We will understand at the end of our time but not until then. Its a big secret, has to be kept a secret. Don't you think God knows how ingenious his creations are? We are in His likeness. He knew man would analyse His teaching and twist things around to suit their needs.
something to think about...
I do believe that some of the Bible is inspired teachings but I believe some of it is interperted by men of the times in a way they could understand. I believe that most of what is in the Bible happened but maybe not literally.
Svaha

Tampa, FL

#254193 Nov 12, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
So it's merely a novel much like Stephen King's work?
Ink

Havertown, PA

#254194 Nov 12, 2013
Svaha wrote:
<quoted text>
So it's merely a novel much like Stephen King's work?
Not quite.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Roman Catholic Church Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min kent 701,686
News Pope Francis reportedly tells gay man: 'God mad... 2 hr Magic Utah Uwear 8
News Call of duty: Bartlett teen graduates early, fo... (Jul '13) Tue Lynn 17
News God made you gay' pope tells victim of clergy s... Tue Hahahlolahah 6
News Religious leaders say ICE raid hurt community Mon Conservative Repu... 88
MESSAGE FROM GOD TO THE POPE ( REPENT ) repent May 21 REPENT 1
News Four more men accuse priest of sexual abuse (Jan '08) May 18 Petey 1,801