Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Full Story

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#247724 Feb 6, 2013
If there was a god that cared, the all-knowing god would be responsible for all the suffering, as he would have known when he created humans AND all other forms of life that suffering would be an everyday occurrence.

Only a beast of immense brutality would create such a realm.

Nature is cruel, but there is no "INTENT" to cause harm. A god would have to have the intent to allow the plan to come to fruition. There would be no excuse or reason that could eliminate the culpability OF the god. NONE!!! The god would have to accept FULL responsibility.

Wake up people! Religion was and is a major scam.

Quesnel, Canada

#247725 Feb 6, 2013
If the god "got by" as a perfect entity without suffering ... why would the god "allow" his most cherished beings TO suffer in order to "ultimately" rise to perfection?

Had we been made in his image of perfection, suffering would be totally unnecessary ... period!

When they claimed that a god gave us free will as a FAVOR to humans ... those ancient theologians sure pulled the wool over the eyes of believers.

Suffering was and is not a favor ... not under any circumstances ... and most especially under the guise of DIVINE LOVE.

What a pile of festering steaming manure!

Quesnel, Canada

#247726 Feb 6, 2013
Estelle wrote:
June...I thought you would get kick out of this.
Young people have theirs, now Seniors have their own texting codes:
ATD- At the Doctor's
BFF - Best Friends Funeral
BTW- Bring the Wheelchair
BYOT - Bring Your Own Teeth
CBM- Covered by Medicare
CUATSC- See You at the Senior Center
DWI- Driving While Incontinent
FWIW - Forgot Where I Was
GGPBL- Gotta Go, Pacemaker Battery Low
GHA - Got Heartburn Again
HGBM - Had Good Bowel Movement
LMDO- Laughing My Dentures Out
LOL- Living on Lipitor
OMSG - Oh My! Sorry, Gas
TOT- Texting on Toilet
WAITT - Who Am I Talking To?
WTFA - Wet the Furniture Again
GGLKI - Gotta Go, Laxative Kicking in!
Thanks for the laugh Estelle.

Seniors try to find humor and joy amidst the aches and pains and other dis-ease caused by old age.

Other than death what other choice do we have?

Quesnel, Canada

#247727 Feb 6, 2013
From my perception, I have two choices. I can willingly believe that a knowing deity created a realm of wretched suffering that extends to all forms of life ... or I can stop believing that such a being exists and rely on nature as the explanation.

I choose to believe that all things are natural and that as we learn more and more we will come to realize that we know less and less.

Quesnel, Canada

#247728 Feb 6, 2013
Estelle wrote:
June...I thought you would get kick out of this.
Zen wisdom

Never take a laxative and a sleeping pill on the same night.

Quesnel, Canada

#247729 Feb 6, 2013
I often think about the SDA member who so believed in the existence of a devil that he SAW dark beings hovering over his bed at night.

Such was his fear of the devil being real, he had, without his own awareness ... become a devil worshipper.

Back then I believed in the existence of a god of love, and when I suggested that he give all his power to god, the dark entities that were scaring him out of his wits disappeared, and he later thanked me for the suggestion.

Fantasy creates very "real" experiences.

Quesnel, Canada

#247730 Feb 6, 2013
You don't have to pass grades, or graduate classes in a college to be a theologian.

Theology is the "study of religion."

To study, does not mean to "know."

I suggest if you keep that in mind, when you go to your bible or to any other "classes" in your own psyches ... you won't be so apt to allow fantasy to have its way with you.

Quesnel, Canada

#247731 Feb 6, 2013
We can be so easily be fooled by scammers. But sometimes scammers are the ones fooled.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

Flim-Flam … by James Randi

Denmark produced a mountebank who tried to fiddle me with a glowing horoscope describing a paragon of virtue and steadfastness; the chart was, unknown to him, drawn from the birth date, birth hour, and birthplace of a convicted and hanged rapist who had to his additional credit a string of misdeeds ranging from philandering to assault.

Quesnel, Canada

#247732 Feb 6, 2013
Can you imagine having your horoscope read and being told that you are a dirt bag and not worthy of anything but death?

I'll bet you could hardly wait to promote the astrologer as credible who gave you THAT valuable information!

:)

For business to "prosper," the news has all gotta be GOOD.
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

#247733 Feb 6, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Can you imagine having your horoscope read and being told that you are a dirt bag and not worthy of anything but death?
I'll bet you could hardly wait to promote the astrologer as credible who gave you THAT valuable information!
For business to "prosper," the news has all gotta be GOOD.
We have you to guide us in the right path to an interesting future indeed.

Quesnel, Canada

#247734 Feb 6, 2013
I've been to many psychics ... only to "learn" that no matter how selfish I was in my daily life, I was always reassured that my deceased loved-ones were content in heaven ... were pleased with me and sent me their deepest love.

Had they been on earth, and able to speak for their selves ... I was quite sure they would have kicked my ass royally for some of my selfish behavior.

But, back then I was pleased with what the psychics told me ... and in turn they received their money.

Tit for tat!

Quesnel, Canada

#247735 Feb 6, 2013
Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>We have you to guide us in the right path to an interesting future indeed.
YEAH RIGHT!

For misleading you ... when do I get my money??? That's my only concern ... you cheapskate you!!!

Quesnel, Canada

#247736 Feb 6, 2013
Had even one of those psychics informed me that uncle Harry was in hell where he belonged and was waiting for me to join him ... in hindsight I might have found them credible. But to have all my deceased relatives ... some of very questionable character to be in heaven when they weren't even Christians seems a bit odd in deed!

OH DEAR!!!... I forgot that Jehovah (Jesus' one and only dad) is a Jew ... and from all Jewish religious "accounts" ... Jews don't even go to heaven.

Now I don't know where my deceased loved ones are ... but I'm sure if I go to a psychic, and pay my money, I'll find out that they are as happy as if they were in their "right" minds ... which by the way was never the case when they were on earth.

Quesnel, Canada

#247737 Feb 6, 2013
Flim-Flam … by James Randi

The Giggling Guru

Astonishingly enough, the Maharishi, seeing his enrollment figures dropping, unleashed upon the world the outrageous claim that he was offering a special course—to experienced meditators only—that would enable them to perform miracles. And no spike-through-the-tongue or asleep-on-a-bed-of-nails stuff either. Real miracles were promised those who came up with the required sum. Believers were told by the Great Guru that it was within their reach to soar about the skies by power of mind alone, to become invisible at will, and to walk through solid walls. For a mere pittance of $3,000 they were offered lessons in these arts, and the guru himself announced in 1978 on TV (“The Merv Griffin Show”) that he had enrolled some forty thousand students in the course! How many had learned to levitate? Declared the Great Guru:“Thousands!” But this great throng of soaring lotus-eaters has yet to be seen by mere mortals such as myself.

Quesnel, Canada

#247738 Feb 6, 2013
How do we tell the fine line between dreams and other fantasies?

Having been indoctrinated by a father who believed in astral projection ... when I was about ten years of age, I was sure I had left my body to view it from above, but as I already knew from the mirror how my image appeared to me ... that image was already implanted in my psyche. It would have been easy to have a dream that I actually left my body and saw it on the bed, and that dream could have instilled in me that astral projection was a "fact" rather than an illusion.

Brains are projectors of illusions, and maybe the brain-cells are supporters of the illusions.

It's any body's guess, but guesses might be a long way from fact.

Quesnel, Canada

#247739 Feb 6, 2013
Had I been born blind and never seen my image in a mirror, it's not likely that concerning supposed astral projection I would have been able to "see" myself from above, as I wouldn't have known what image "should" have appeared on the bed.

Quesnel, Canada

#247740 Feb 6, 2013
Images stem from imaginations, so how dependable are the images?

I suggest we stop taking images in such serious ways, and rather study them from objective points of view.

The fact that so many of us are subject to placing high value on our own images, while belittling the images of others ... ought to put up red flags that ego is in full control.
Catholic Girl

Bethpage, NY

#247741 Feb 6, 2013
Hi June,
July of 2011 I had an out of body experience and don't believe it was a dream. This occured coming up out of a boat, there was a big indent on floor at top of ladder. It being dark out, I stepped hard and fell, hitting the deck hard. I could hear voices of those I was with but could not speak. Wierd feeling and I started to look around, could feel self floating, dark out yet could see a light, I looked down at the poor person laying on ground. Realized it was me, knew I was a goner and said to self, no not yet and started to wave myself back down. Heard those around me again, they were calling to me, asking if i was ok. Than I responded to wait a minute, let me see. I started to move my body to see if i could. finally got up and we all walked away. I know i was a goner. Luckily I feel I made it back before I was to far gone. Just prior to this episode there was a young man on top of steps as I decented into boat, he was quite handsome and my thought was this guy looks like St. Michael the archangel. He was beautiful.
I know you think I'm crazy but thats ok, I know what happened on this night and will never forget it how ever long I live.

Quesnel, Canada

#247742 Feb 6, 2013
An example of an image being in control, is the image valued by many Christians, Muslims and others, that a god values heterosexuals but is offended by homosexuals.

Now that to me, is a very silly immature way of imagining ... but to believers that place complete faith in the image ... it is REAL.

We can't bridge gaps created by religious images, if we don't allow the images to dissipate from lack of belief IN the images.

It's as simple as that!

Theologians created those images in minds, and if we don't get rid of them ... the theologians will continue to have control.

I set all my religious images free, so in turn, they don't have any more power over me.

Unless I am suffering from my natural physical ailments, I sleep well at night.

Quesnel, Canada

#247743 Feb 6, 2013
Catholic Girl wrote:
Hi June,
July of 2011 I had an out of body experience and don't believe it was a dream. This occured coming up out of a boat, there was a big indent on floor at top of ladder. It being dark out, I stepped hard and fell, hitting the deck hard. I could hear voices of those I was with but could not speak. Wierd feeling and I started to look around, could feel self floating, dark out yet could see a light, I looked down at the poor person laying on ground. Realized it was me, knew I was a goner and said to self, no not yet and started to wave myself back down. Heard those around me again, they were calling to me, asking if i was ok. Than I responded to wait a minute, let me see. I started to move my body to see if i could. finally got up and we all walked away. I know i was a goner. Luckily I feel I made it back before I was to far gone. Just prior to this episode there was a young man on top of steps as I decented into boat, he was quite handsome and my thought was this guy looks like St. Michael the archangel. He was beautiful.
I know you think I'm crazy but thats ok, I know what happened on this night and will never forget it how ever long I live.
I believe your "experience" was real. The symbology you add TO the experience is of your Catholic religion, because that was your indoctrination and is accepted into your psyche as "truth."

Had you been of a tribe in the jungle, you would not have mentioned "seeing" St. Michael, as that is Catholic-talk ... not jungle-talk.

You can't study these experiences from objective attitudes, because as long as you stay in your Catholic cult, you will be subject only TO Catholicism ... plain and simple.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Roman Catholic Church Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 12 min Tony17 560,588
Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 24 min Shamma 207,604
Catholic Charities refuses to place children wi... (Jun '11) 2 hr nOgOd 1,262
Agca leaves flowers on John Paul's tomb in Vatican 7 hr Dander 11
Protesters: "Not the time" to change Cuba relat... 7 hr Goddess Gaia 124
Woman in Kansas City plans to defy church, beco... 13 hr Larry 1
Catholics In Philippines Turn To Church To Cope... (Nov '13) 18 hr KidlatNgayon 67
More from around the web