Catholic Church Waging War on Women a...

Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

There are 217509 comments on the Fables of the reconstruction story from Oct 30, 2007, titled Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays. In it, Fables of the reconstruction reports that:

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fables of the reconstruction.

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#247736 Feb 6, 2013
Had even one of those psychics informed me that uncle Harry was in hell where he belonged and was waiting for me to join him ... in hindsight I might have found them credible. But to have all my deceased relatives ... some of very questionable character to be in heaven when they weren't even Christians seems a bit odd in deed!

:)

OH DEAR!!!... I forgot that Jehovah (Jesus' one and only dad) is a Jew ... and from all Jewish religious "accounts" ... Jews don't even go to heaven.

Now I don't know where my deceased loved ones are ... but I'm sure if I go to a psychic, and pay my money, I'll find out that they are as happy as if they were in their "right" minds ... which by the way was never the case when they were on earth.

Quesnel, Canada

#247737 Feb 6, 2013
Flim-Flam … by James Randi

The Giggling Guru

Astonishingly enough, the Maharishi, seeing his enrollment figures dropping, unleashed upon the world the outrageous claim that he was offering a special course—to experienced meditators only—that would enable them to perform miracles. And no spike-through-the-tongue or asleep-on-a-bed-of-nails stuff either. Real miracles were promised those who came up with the required sum. Believers were told by the Great Guru that it was within their reach to soar about the skies by power of mind alone, to become invisible at will, and to walk through solid walls. For a mere pittance of $3,000 they were offered lessons in these arts, and the guru himself announced in 1978 on TV (“The Merv Griffin Show”) that he had enrolled some forty thousand students in the course! How many had learned to levitate? Declared the Great Guru:“Thousands!” But this great throng of soaring lotus-eaters has yet to be seen by mere mortals such as myself.

Quesnel, Canada

#247738 Feb 6, 2013
How do we tell the fine line between dreams and other fantasies?

Having been indoctrinated by a father who believed in astral projection ... when I was about ten years of age, I was sure I had left my body to view it from above, but as I already knew from the mirror how my image appeared to me ... that image was already implanted in my psyche. It would have been easy to have a dream that I actually left my body and saw it on the bed, and that dream could have instilled in me that astral projection was a "fact" rather than an illusion.

Brains are projectors of illusions, and maybe the brain-cells are supporters of the illusions.

It's any body's guess, but guesses might be a long way from fact.

Quesnel, Canada

#247739 Feb 6, 2013
Had I been born blind and never seen my image in a mirror, it's not likely that concerning supposed astral projection I would have been able to "see" myself from above, as I wouldn't have known what image "should" have appeared on the bed.

Quesnel, Canada

#247740 Feb 6, 2013
Images stem from imaginations, so how dependable are the images?

I suggest we stop taking images in such serious ways, and rather study them from objective points of view.

The fact that so many of us are subject to placing high value on our own images, while belittling the images of others ... ought to put up red flags that ego is in full control.
Catholic Girl

United States

#247741 Feb 6, 2013
Hi June,
July of 2011 I had an out of body experience and don't believe it was a dream. This occured coming up out of a boat, there was a big indent on floor at top of ladder. It being dark out, I stepped hard and fell, hitting the deck hard. I could hear voices of those I was with but could not speak. Wierd feeling and I started to look around, could feel self floating, dark out yet could see a light, I looked down at the poor person laying on ground. Realized it was me, knew I was a goner and said to self, no not yet and started to wave myself back down. Heard those around me again, they were calling to me, asking if i was ok. Than I responded to wait a minute, let me see. I started to move my body to see if i could. finally got up and we all walked away. I know i was a goner. Luckily I feel I made it back before I was to far gone. Just prior to this episode there was a young man on top of steps as I decented into boat, he was quite handsome and my thought was this guy looks like St. Michael the archangel. He was beautiful.
I know you think I'm crazy but thats ok, I know what happened on this night and will never forget it how ever long I live.

Quesnel, Canada

#247742 Feb 6, 2013
An example of an image being in control, is the image valued by many Christians, Muslims and others, that a god values heterosexuals but is offended by homosexuals.

Now that to me, is a very silly immature way of imagining ... but to believers that place complete faith in the image ... it is REAL.

We can't bridge gaps created by religious images, if we don't allow the images to dissipate from lack of belief IN the images.

It's as simple as that!

Theologians created those images in minds, and if we don't get rid of them ... the theologians will continue to have control.

I set all my religious images free, so in turn, they don't have any more power over me.

Unless I am suffering from my natural physical ailments, I sleep well at night.

Quesnel, Canada

#247743 Feb 6, 2013
Catholic Girl wrote:
Hi June,
July of 2011 I had an out of body experience and don't believe it was a dream. This occured coming up out of a boat, there was a big indent on floor at top of ladder. It being dark out, I stepped hard and fell, hitting the deck hard. I could hear voices of those I was with but could not speak. Wierd feeling and I started to look around, could feel self floating, dark out yet could see a light, I looked down at the poor person laying on ground. Realized it was me, knew I was a goner and said to self, no not yet and started to wave myself back down. Heard those around me again, they were calling to me, asking if i was ok. Than I responded to wait a minute, let me see. I started to move my body to see if i could. finally got up and we all walked away. I know i was a goner. Luckily I feel I made it back before I was to far gone. Just prior to this episode there was a young man on top of steps as I decented into boat, he was quite handsome and my thought was this guy looks like St. Michael the archangel. He was beautiful.
I know you think I'm crazy but thats ok, I know what happened on this night and will never forget it how ever long I live.
I believe your "experience" was real. The symbology you add TO the experience is of your Catholic religion, because that was your indoctrination and is accepted into your psyche as "truth."

Had you been of a tribe in the jungle, you would not have mentioned "seeing" St. Michael, as that is Catholic-talk ... not jungle-talk.

You can't study these experiences from objective attitudes, because as long as you stay in your Catholic cult, you will be subject only TO Catholicism ... plain and simple.

Quesnel, Canada

#247744 Feb 6, 2013
Catholic Girl wrote:
Hi June,
And by the way ... thank you for sharing your experience.

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#247745 Feb 6, 2013
Catholic Girl wrote:
Hi June,
You know I'm a skeptic, but I'm willing to bet you'd NEVER lie or make up something like that; I believe you did indeed see something.

I say I'm a skeptic, but ONE experience like that and I'd be a firm believer!

Quesnel, Canada

#247746 Feb 6, 2013
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
You know I'm a skeptic, but I'm willing to bet you'd NEVER lie or make up something like that; I believe you did indeed see something.
What "would" you believe Sherlayne?

Would you believe that you had a visit with a deity or maybe several deities?

I also had one of those supposed experiences, but I question that it was just my imagination and nothing other than my imagination.

I've had dreams, where within the dreams I layed down and went to sleep. So I had to wake up within the dream before I could wake from the dream.

Imagination is a very busy affair.

Quesnel, Canada

#247747 Feb 6, 2013
Often believers say that God is within. Yet when they have a death experience they proclaim that they went to "heaven" and back.

The yo-yo effect is only used when it suits a specific purpose.
Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#247749 Feb 6, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Often believers say that God is within. Yet when they have a death experience they proclaim that they went to "heaven" and back.
The yo-yo effect is only used when it suits a specific purpose.
Is this 'good' June speaking?

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#247750 Feb 7, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
What "would" you believe Sherlayne?
Would you believe that you had a visit with a deity or maybe several deities?
I also had one of those supposed experiences, but I question that it was just my imagination and nothing other than my imagination.
I've had dreams, where within the dreams I layed down and went to sleep. So I had to wake up within the dream before I could wake from the dream.
Imagination is a very busy affair.
I'd definitely question my own state of mind, thinking maybe hysteria caused it or some other emotion. But I think I'd believe that there is more to life than just this earthly existence...as far as one God or more, I don't know if I'd ever be able to know that from that type of experience. I wouldn't expect others to believe me though; that would be the toughest part.
Catholic Girl

United States

#247751 Feb 7, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe your "experience" was real. The symbology you add TO the experience is of your Catholic religion, because that was your indoctrination and is accepted into your psyche as "truth."
Had you been of a tribe in the jungle, you would not have mentioned "seeing" St. Michael, as that is Catholic-talk ... not jungle-talk.
You can't study these experiences from objective attitudes, because as long as you stay in your Catholic cult, you will be subject only TO Catholicism ... plain and simple.
Thanks for your insight. No other place to be but the catholic cult as described.
Take care June, you are interesting.
Catholic Girl

United States

#247752 Feb 7, 2013
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
If I could make up a story like this, I'd change my profession and become a writer. But I can not make up such a thing. At times I wonder what would have happened if I had not said, no not yet and force may way back down. I know the mind can play tricks on you but this was real. My friends are my witness'. Bill stated, thought we would be in hospital this evening.

Sure glad my guardian angel was with me that day. Not afraid of dying just have much more work to do.

Burnaby, Canada

#247753 Feb 7, 2013
Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>Is this 'good' June speaking?
Good ... bad

Holy ... evil

Take your pick Jumper, as humans are always the judges of such issues ... and I see no reason to make this time any different than the other times you judged me.

Burnaby, Canada

#247754 Feb 7, 2013
Catholic Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
If I could make up a story like this, I'd change my profession and become a writer. But I can not make up such a thing. At times I wonder what would have happened if I had not said, no not yet and force may way back down. I know the mind can play tricks on you but this was real. My friends are my witness'. Bill stated, thought we would be in hospital this evening.
Sure glad my guardian angel was with me that day. Not afraid of dying just have much more work to do.
If you believe Jesus has already saved you, what reason would you have for doing more work on your own character?

Burnaby, Canada

#247755 Feb 7, 2013
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd definitely question my own state of mind, thinking maybe hysteria caused it or some other emotion. But I think I'd believe that there is more to life than just this earthly existence...as far as one God or more, I don't know if I'd ever be able to know that from that type of experience. I wouldn't expect others to believe me though; that would be the toughest part.
So the idea that people can believe they left their bodies (as in astral projection) would convince you that a god exists?

From my perspective, because you already believe a god exists, most anything would reflect the image you hold dear in your psyche of a god back to you.

Burnaby, Canada

#247756 Feb 7, 2013
Catholic Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
No other place to be but the catholic cult as described.
Only if your mental discomfort overrules your comfort will you leave your cult.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Roman Catholic Church Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
HOORAH HOORAH, It is HOLY FANNIE PLUGGING WEEK 11 min JustME 3
Finally us Catholics have someting to CHEER about 13 min JustME 1
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 hr truth 665,349
News Royal Commission reveals more than 80 church of... 12 hr Rosa_Winkel 1
News Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 16 hr Dragnet52 255,962
Bill Maher says that Jesus NEVER existed!... Tue Jeremy 2
News Kaine says Catholic Church might change on gay ... Mon filmsz 74
More from around the web