Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Full Story

Since: Sep 09

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#236655 Sep 23, 2012
A soldier's life is disposable to me if that soldier is perceived as wanting to take away my freedom.

A fetus is disposable to a women maybe for the same reason.

I suggest we don't pretend to be puritans, when the truth is, we are all selfish to the core.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

Why would a Pagan be Prolife.

Rather that respecting pregnancy as part of the cycle of human existance and the natural continuation of human sexuality, abortion reduces gestation to the level of a sexual hangover, an unwelcome side-effect, "getting caught". It treats life as disposable, not inherently sacred and possessed of its own immeasurable value, but useless and worth preserving only if someone wants it.

http://www.reocities.com/sonyaelflady/nrwwapb...

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#236656 Sep 23, 2012
Jumper wrote:
<quoted text>As the wise sage Mr.Spock would say..."Having is not as good as wanting.It sound illogical,but it is often true."
OH YES ... I agree with Mr. Spock. You must be careful of what comes wrapped in the same package "with" the big titties!

:)

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#236657 Sep 23, 2012
Peaches wrote:
<quoted text>What nothing to say about her anti-gay speech. Not bend out of shape. June you're getting better day by day. LOL
I suggest that you go have a talk with her, and if she recognizes your idiocy then she might want to correct her own.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#236658 Sep 23, 2012
Now I see why Bitner and none of the other Pagans on the forum ever mentioned those prolife Pagans to me.

The following would bring out the worst in Bitner.

I doubt that Bitner and this Pagan would be in the same cult, or in the same country ... if they could help it.

>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

Why Would a Pagan be Prolife?

If we're going to be honest with ourselves, we should admit we know the ideology behind abortion is at best disrespectful of women's bodies and fertility, scornful of nature, immature in its view of responsibility. The best you can say of abortion rights, really, is that they allow free will - but the powerful always have the freedom to exercise their will, by virtue of their power. There is no question that in a pregnancy, the mother is the powerful one, with a natural responsibility to nuture and protect the dependent fetus. Why should the government ignore the natural bond and responsibility of mother to child, and instead proclaim that the mother may kill her child because of its dependency? If the government exists only to assert the so-called rights of the powerful, why do we need government at all?

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#236659 Sep 23, 2012
And so you see that if Pagans ran the government, it would not go smooth in any case. They would be battling over the same issues as are all people with varying opinions.

"Abortions is killing a baby!!!"

"NO it isn't! There's no life in the fetus in the womb."

"That is a human in the womb!"

"No it isn't! It's a parasite."

"Blah, blah, blah, blah!"

Beware of the Pagan that tells you how it will be if he/she is voted into political power.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#236660 Sep 23, 2012
June's losing it, big time. Worried about something that's not going to happen, in a country she doesn't even live it.

She has no life. It's sad.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#236661 Sep 23, 2012
Why Would a Pagan be Prolife?

Being prolife can leave us politically homeless, rejected and ridiculed.

But then, so can being pagan.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#236662 Sep 23, 2012
I also know Christians that are personally against abortion, but support those who have abortions.

The issues are complex, and morality is but a perspective, not an absolute.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

A Wiccan Speaks on Abortion and the Wiccan Rede

The Wiccan Rede tells us "Live ye must, and let to live." I interpret that, along with "Harm none," to mean not to kill. I also believe that "Light of touch" includes doing as little harm as possible. Because of this, I feel that abortion is morally wrong. Abortion does harm to a living organism and destroys a life, violating the Wiccan Rede.

However, "Live ye must, and let to live" has another meaning. It also means that we must not govern how others live. You cannot tell others what to do with their lives and their bodies. You can only make your own choices. You can only decide what is right or wrong for you. As a Wiccan, you must allow everyone else in the world to do the same. Wiccans do not usually believing in taking free will from others. I therefore feel that abortion must remain legal.

http://voices.yahoo.com/a-wiccan-speaks-abort...
Jumper

Owensboro, KY

#236663 Sep 23, 2012
Wow.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#236664 Sep 23, 2012
If Catholics follow the teaching of the pope, no group could be any more anti-abortion than Catholics.

Yet the fact is that many women of the Catholic faith have abortions.

Life is complex, and simple answers are ridiculous when all humans face different circumstances.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

From the book “Morgentaler … The doctor who couldn’t turn away … by Eleanor Wright Pelrine, Published 1975 … comes the following ………

Neighbors in the quiet Montreal suburb where Dr. Morgentaler practiced for so many years have been helpful. When his involvement with abortion was made public, some pretended that they knew nothing of the prosecution he faced or the nature of his practice. Several telephoned to ask whether they could do anything to help. Surprisingly, there were no puritanical reactions from the down-to-earth working-class people who live nearby.

“People in Montreal, and people in general, nowadays, are in sympathy with a woman who tries to have an abortion, and when she has it done by a doctor, they are relieved. Many of the neighbors around my office were my patients for years, and I’ve always had very good relationships with them.”
Jumper

Owensboro, KY

#236665 Sep 23, 2012
Canadians are so nice it makes me murch.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#236666 Sep 24, 2012
Jumper wrote:
Canadians are so nice it makes me murch.
How about "this" Canadian?

Robert William "Willie" Pickton (born October 24, 1949)[2] of Port Coquitlam, British Columbia, Canada is a former pig farmer[3] and serial killer convicted of the second-degree murders of six women.[4][5] He is also charged in the deaths of an additional twenty women,[6] many of them prostitutes and drug users from Vancouver's Downtown Eastside.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#236667 Sep 24, 2012
Some people wouldn't hurt a "fly," but hurting other humans is another matter altogether.

Some referring to themselves as environmentalists back when made such a noise about animals being killed for their furs, it harmed the livelihood of many trappers as people were shamed for wearing furs.

More of these same type of environmentalists put an end to the killing of baby seals and harmed the livelihood of many men who then were without a way to put food on the tables for their families.

Many of these "environmentalists" were supported by government grants, or wealthy parents. I knew them personally and they were spoiled mouthy young adults with not a hungry day in their lives to give them some understanding of the harm they caused to others.

Killing a baby seal or an animal for its fur is no different than killing a fly.

The taking of a life, is the taking of a life ... period!

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#236668 Sep 24, 2012
In one context, the taking of a fetus out of a woman's womb is no different than ending the life of a chicken that many of us eat on a daily basis.

It's what is in the mentality of humans that makes the taking of the fetus out of the womb "evil" in the minds of so many believers. And that is because humans are arrogant enough to believe that gods favor humans and that the removal of the fetus "offends" the gods as the fetus is "sacred" TO the gods.

Ridiculous blather!!!

Of course ending the life of the fetus is to kill the fetus. Killing cells of any living creature is "killing." But placing "sacred" on human cells above the cells of all other animals does not mean that the human cells "are" sacred. It means that humans of religion worship their images of what they have been taught and therefore "believe" is sacred.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#236669 Sep 24, 2012
Men of the church wanted women to feel guilty about "killing" those upcoming soldiers in the wombs that would secure the kingdoms of the "religious" men. And what better way, than to make the women believe they were killing sacred pieces of gods?

But when the fetuses grew to be full-fledged soldiers and were killed "for" the men of the "religious" heirarchies ... the dead soldiers were honored as holy servants of the gods.

You will see the lies when you want to see them.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#236670 Sep 24, 2012
I've been to many "psychics" in my relatively long life, and I admit that without any coaching from me they told me things that happened in my life that were so personal I was amazed that they could "read" that information. So I am convinced from experience that they were able to tune in to such information some way.

In another context, I am very suspicious that psychics don't tell people the truth. Every psychic on every program I have ever watched always tells the loved ones on earth that their departed ones are "fine," and in a "good" place.

There's something wrong with that story. It's not possible that all of these supposed "souls" ... many who were "bad actors" while on earth, are in a good place and are just fine.

If it seems too good to be true ... questions are necessary to find out "why" it seems to good to be true.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#236671 Sep 24, 2012
My guess is, that is why the theory of reincarnation fits well for so many people. They believe that in between incarnations, the souls go to a place of rest and choose into which situation on earth they must go next to reap what they have sown, or (in other words) to settle karmic debts.

However, I've heard the famous psychic Sylvia Brown mention to some of her clients that their loved ones are in "heaven." And she told Montel Williams that he won't have to come back to earth again as this is his last incarnation.

There's something very off-putting about all these "knowing ones."

From my perspective, suspicion ought to be the "order" of the day.
Peaches

Houston, TX

#236672 Sep 24, 2012
It's a lovely day.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#236673 Sep 24, 2012
Just suppose that what we perceive through our beliefs as reality is (as Einstein stated)... illusion.

If it just happens to be illusion ... is illusion worth the fight of wanting (through belief) to brag of being "right?"
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.

Albert Einstein

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#236674 Sep 24, 2012
"My husband agrees with me — no, I'm not going to tell my son there is no God. Why? Because when I was growing up I was told there is a God."

Ayaan Hirsi Ali

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Roman Catholic Church Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 13 min guest 560,144
Protesters: "Not the time" to change Cuba relat... 1 hr John 46
Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 2 hr JOEL 207,502
Catholic Charities refuses to place children wi... (Jun '11) 5 hr nOgOd 1,252
Church-based institutions ponder same-sex benefits 10 hr Mitt s Baptism of... 10
The Holy Spirit 16 hr Son of Man 1
The hour of temptation 16 hr Son of God 1
More from around the web