Catholic Church Waging War on Women a...

Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

There are 220073 comments on the Fables of the reconstruction story from Oct 30, 2007, titled Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays. In it, Fables of the reconstruction reports that:

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fables of the reconstruction.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#236378 Sep 20, 2012
Time to go. See you hopefully tomorrow....

Since: Sep 09

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#236379 Sep 20, 2012
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Very interesting quote....I will think on it.
I believe religion came into "play" in many wars as the theologians all claimed to know what god expected of them. Time and again, they splattered blood across the earth ... while preaching the meaning of love.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

The US Civil War as a Theological
War: Confederate Christian
Nationalism and the League of the
South

http://gis.depaul.edu/ehague/Articles/PUBLISH...

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#236380 Sep 20, 2012
American-Christian Theology and Support for War

Mine eyes have seen the glory

of the coming of the Lord:

He is trampling out the vintage

where the grapes of wrath are stored;

He hath loosed the fateful lightning

of His terrible swift sword:

His truth is marching on.

– first stanza of “The Battle Hymn of the Republic,” by Julia Ward Howe

As I was walking from my home to the credit union the other day, I stopped to read a sign in front of the Baptist church down the street. One side read,“We support our troops and their mission — freedom!” The other side finished the thought:“Freedom is bought with blood — thank God for the Cross!”

http://www.incommunion.org/2004/12/05/america...

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#236381 Sep 20, 2012
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
His long list of awards are impressive....
His latest theory, according to Wiki
"in 2006 Hawking proposed a theory of "top-down cosmology", which says that the universe had no unique initial state, therefore, it is inappropriate for physicists to attempt to formulate a theory that predicts the universe's current configuration from one particular initial state.[22] Top-down cosmology posits that in some sense, the present "selects" the past from a superposition of many possible histories. In doing so, the theory suggests a possible resolution of the fine-tuning question.[23]"
It is the opposite of that of his singularity and "Big Bang" theories....
He does that to merely shake up the bag of theories to keep his hand in, and applause from the fans.
I suggest that an open-minded scientist will keep changing his views in the acceptance of new ways of perceiving.

I would have no respect whatsoever for a scientist that got stuck in one theory with the attitude "I am right and all others are wrong."

I prefer the attitude, "My old theory no longer fits in my beliefs, so I must keep searching and searching and see where that leads."

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#236382 Sep 20, 2012
Robert F wrote:
Time to go. See you hopefully tomorrow....
Good night Robert.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#236383 Sep 20, 2012
From my perspective, the more scientific theories that come to the fore, the better. Confusion is good medicine for the ego.

Those in religion have yet to learn that the arrogant continual squabble over who owns the "true" myths is ridiculous behavior!

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#236384 Sep 20, 2012
Force was the name of the ancient religious "game." Only the powerful in numbers and military-might survived to tell their "tales."

Weak cults simply were put "out of commission."
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>
From the book compiled by Larousse … World Mythology
The Doctrine of Aten

But this sublime doctrine, founded on the principle of monotheism and proclaiming love of one’s fellow men, did not have time to take toot during the relatively short reign of the pharaoh who initiated it. Sincere belief was probably restricted to a relatively small circle of followers, while the mass of the population remained secretly attached to the religion of their ancestors. When Akhenaten died, his opponents reappeared and forced the reformer’s weak successors to reinstate Amun and the other banished gods.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#236385 Sep 20, 2012
When the emperor Constantine made Catholicism mandatory, that was when religion became VERY ugly indeed. Those who were not Catholic either became Catholic or were put to death. That was the ONLY choice.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

From the book compiled by Larousse … World Mythology

The ancient Egyptian gods continued to receive homage of the faithful followers until the early Christian era.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#236386 Sep 20, 2012
Just as the modern Pagans have shape-shifted the mean old gods and goddesses of ancient Paganism to characters of divine love ... the Christians vilified the holy gypsy god known as the devil and shapeshifted the devil over into an evil-fallen god.

It's all about myth-trickery.

The Christians taught their followers that the gypsies worshipped "evil" ... which was a blatant lie.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

Etymological Meaning of Devil

By John Fiske, "Myths and Myth-Makers - Old Tales and Superstitions Interpreted By Comparative Mythology"

The most striking illustration of this process is to be found in the word devil itself: To a reader unfamiliar with the endless tricks which language delights in playing, it may seem shocking to be told that the Gypsies use the word devil as the name of God.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#236387 Sep 20, 2012
I have never seen so many words chasing one idea in such a way that nobody knows what the idea was.

John Diefenbaker
Jumper

Owensboro, KY

#236388 Sep 20, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
I have never seen so many words chasing one idea in such a way that nobody knows what the idea was.
John Diefenbaker
He needs to listen to you for awhile.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#236389 Sep 21, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
Just as the modern Pagans have shape-shifted the mean old gods and goddesses of ancient Paganism to characters of divine love ... the Christians vilified the holy gypsy god known as the devil and shapeshifted the devil over into an evil-fallen god.
It's all about myth-trickery.
The Christians taught their followers that the gypsies worshipped "evil" ... which was a blatant lie.
Etymological Meaning of Devil
By John Fiske, "Myths and Myth-Makers - Old Tales and Superstitions Interpreted By Comparative Mythology"
The most striking illustration of this process is to be found in the word devil itself: To a reader unfamiliar with the endless tricks which language delights in playing, it may seem shocking to be told that the Gypsies use the word devil as the name of God.
You're lying again, June. "modern Pagans" have done no such thing.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#236390 Sep 21, 2012
In the modernized Pagan religions, the gods love homosexuals, bisexuals, women who have abortions ... and as they walk hand in hand and side by side with believers ... it seems they adjust in an obedient "fashion" to human-behavior.

Those old gods (that still exist in the minds of many devout believers) are nit-picky miserable buggers.

:)
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

Modern Paganism

Many people join or develop modern Pagan associations out of a deepdisappointment with Christianity—a disappointment that leads them to re-nounce the religion of their childhood and family and seek out an alterna-tive religious community with a spiritual perspective more in keeping withtheir personal values (Salomonsen 2002, 5, 111).

http://www.scribd.com/doc/12757890/Modern-Pag...

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#236391 Sep 21, 2012
What's with this "Christian-Wiccan" term of "endearment?"

The two religions are comparable to mixing oil and water. But to welcome the new young, impressionable prospective converts, it pays to let them have a little of their old religion to start with ... until they become full-fledged Wiccans.

The most well-known modern Pagan or Neopagan religious movement is Wicca, which has gained considerable popularity in the United Kingdom,the United States, and elsewhere (Crowley 1989, 1994; Pearson 2002c).

Modern Pagans may therefore find the term
Pagan an appealing marker of their shift in religious orientation because it signifies something so dis-tinctly non-Christian, something rejected and reviled by Christian authori-ties. Identifying oneself as a Pagan allows a person to summarize in a single word his or her definitive break with Christianity.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#236392 Sep 21, 2012
So if you are homosexual, or bisexual, or transexual ... or you want to have an abortion and pay no penalties of guilt ... you leave Christianity behind and join Wicca. And there you will find communion with those who relate to your every need.

I don't belong to a religion, and I already relate to those who have different sexual orientation than do I ... and to those who choose to have abortions.

I stepped out of my childhood religion and didn't have a need to go to Wicca, where I would be told that the gods love me any old how or what or where.

What a scam!!!

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#236393 Sep 21, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
In the modernized Pagan religions, the gods love homosexuals, bisexuals, women who have abortions ... and as they walk hand in hand and side by side with believers ... it seems they adjust in an obedient "fashion" to human-behavior.
Those old gods (that still exist in the minds of many devout believers) are nit-picky miserable buggers.
:)
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>
Modern Paganism
Many people join or develop modern Pagan associations out of a deepdisappointment with Christianity—a disappointment that leads them to re-nounce the religion of their childhood and family and seek out an alterna-tive religious community with a spiritual perspective more in keeping withtheir personal values (Salomonsen 2002, 5, 111).
Your source does not support your conclusion. In fact, it explains the differences between many moder Pagan religions, and why they cannot all be lumped together. But you don't care about facts, that's clear.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#236394 Sep 21, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
What's with this "Christian-Wiccan" term of "endearment?"
The two religions are comparable to mixing oil and water. But to welcome the new young, impressionable prospective converts, it pays to let them have a little of their old religion to start with ... until they become full-fledged Wiccans.
The most well-known modern Pagan or Neopagan religious movement is Wicca, which has gained considerable popularity in the United Kingdom,the United States, and elsewhere (Crowley 1989, 1994; Pearson 2002c).
Modern Pagans may therefore find the term
Pagan an appealing marker of their shift in religious orientation because it signifies something so dis-tinctly non-Christian, something rejected and reviled by Christian authori-ties. Identifying oneself as a Pagan allows a person to summarize in a single word his or her definitive break with Christianity.
Again, your source has nothing to do with your conclusions.

Christian Wicca is not Christianity. It's Wicca with Christian names for the God and Goddess, and some Christian practices. There is a difference. You just dishonestly ignore this, despite the fact that even sources YOU have provided told you the very same thing I just did.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#236395 Sep 21, 2012
You might be persuaded by a Bitner-type in Wicca that he/she is understanding of your needs, but from my perspective ... that is one nasty woman.

She left her Catholic religion behind to become a Wiccan-witch "because" she has a need to manipulate and believe she is wise.

She doesn't give a rat's ass if fetuses are or aren't anesthetized before operations, or before they are aborted, as she is certain for a fact that they don't feel pain for the whole nine months of gestation.

You can take her and her "witchery" at face "value," but I found out when I started to study Wicca how fast her claws latched on to me and haven't yet let go. She even went so far as to state in a threatening "tone" ... "I am not joking!"

Religion does NOT make cruel people kind.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#236396 Sep 21, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
So if you are homosexual, or bisexual, or transexual ... or you want to have an abortion and pay no penalties of guilt ... you leave Christianity behind and join Wicca. And there you will find communion with those who relate to your every need.
I don't belong to a religion, and I already relate to those who have different sexual orientation than do I ... and to those who choose to have abortions.
I stepped out of my childhood religion and didn't have a need to go to Wicca, where I would be told that the gods love me any old how or what or where.
What a scam!!!
No one needs to go to Wicca. We choose to.

Do you even know the meaning of the word "scam"? You are misusing it here.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#236397 Sep 21, 2012
And thank you, June. You continue to prove that you are just looking to pick a fight with me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Roman Catholic Church Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min June VanDerMark 596,047
News Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 7 min J RULES 225,388
Saint of the Day thread (May '10) 1 hr MichelleMC 2,576
News Why I'll be voting 'No' to same-sex marriage, e... 4 hr Brian_G 3,298
GODS FAULT or MANS? 4 hr nOgOd 3
News Four more men accuse priest of sexual abuse (Jan '08) 9 hr corrupt jew 1,474
News Philly officials wrap Vatican meetings for pope... Wed Fundie Concernd B... 87
More from around the web