Not everyone saying 'amen' to new ver...

Not everyone saying 'amen' to new version of Catholic Bible

There are 2 comments on the Star-Telegram.com story from Jul 14, 2012, titled Not everyone saying 'amen' to new version of Catholic Bible. In it, Star-Telegram.com reports that:

Some 70 scholars worked on it, and its creators call it a more up-to-date and accurate version that uses the earliest biblical manuscripts and archaeological discoveries such as the Dead Sea Scrolls.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Star-Telegram.com.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1 Jul 14, 2012
I wonder if this new version will answer a question that has been vexing theologists for centuries: Just how many angels can dance on the tip of a pin?

Sol

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#2 Jul 14, 2012
"It's a great resource for reading the Bible," he said. "The bishops are behind it...
And everyone should recognize a BIG RED FLAG right THERE.
Some of the controversial changes, he said, are an attempt to make biblical language more understandable to the modern Catholic.
Translation: they think you're all stupid.
"There's always going to be hairsplitting debates," he said. "The average Catholic is not going to be steered the wrong way by any of these changes."
Well, steered no further wrong than they are by the molesters in the pulpits...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Roman Catholic Church Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News DeGeneres says her show is no place for anti-ga... 2 min Paul 335
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 27 min Gods r Delusions ... 668,029
News Four more men accuse priest of sexual abuse (Jan '08) 5 hr Augie 1,642
News Our Opinion: Hard work ahead needs to be tackle... 10 hr Lena Mitchell 3
News Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) Sat yehoshooah adam 256,390
News Disabled man tortured by Trump-cursing group br... Fri Battle Tested 485
My DADDY SAYS N(EYE)GGERS PH/UCK "EVERYTHING" U... Jan 17 anne 2
More from around the web