Pope says gay marriage threat to crea...

Pope says gay marriage threat to creation

There are 405 comments on the Reuters story from Jan 11, 2010, titled Pope says gay marriage threat to creation. In it, Reuters reports that:

Pope Benedict on Tuesday linked the Church's opposition to gay marriage to concern about the environment, suggesting that laws undermining "the differences between the sexes" were threats to creation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Reuters.

First Prev
of 21
Next Last

Since: Jan 07

Phoenix AZ

#1 Jan 11, 2010
Popes, like the rest of us, are not immune to senility.
Raulito

New York, NY

#2 Jan 11, 2010
YOF, I would encourage you to read Evangelium Vitae for perspective. God bless.

“Down To Earth”

Since: Apr 07

Indianapolis

#3 Jan 11, 2010
Whether I can get married or not, I'm not go to 'create'.

One has to wonder how everything the Pope says on this subject is so easily nullified by simple logic.

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#4 Jan 11, 2010
I hope one day to read a headline that says:

"Science Says Pope Threat To Rationality"

“Beauty on four legs”

Since: Sep 06

Location hidden

#5 Jan 11, 2010
Bennie the Leather Boy would be much happier if he just came out, once & for all.

Since: Jan 07

Phoenix AZ

#6 Jan 11, 2010
Raulito wrote:
YOF, I would encourage you to read Evangelium Vitae for perspective. God bless.
Are you suggesting that the report by Reuters was false. It would also make me suspicious whether any report by Evangelium Vitae would be more objective or true. But thank you for the blessing.
Monettan

North Hollywood, CA

#7 Jan 11, 2010
Well Pope Benedict is right. One of the Catholic objections to gay sex is that it is selfish sex--there is no higher motive than a selfish orgasm. In contrast a man and a woman, married, who are having sex are communicating Love and if they keep it up will probably have kids--thus society goes on.

Two Lesbians can't give a child proper fathering, no matter how butch one of them is, and two gay men can't give a child true mothering no matter how effeminate one of them is. It takes a real man and a real woman in a real, committed marriage to raise good healthy little citizens.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#8 Jan 11, 2010
Monettan wrote:
Well Pope Benedict is right. One of the Catholic objections to gay sex is that it is selfish sex--there is no higher motive than a selfish orgasm. In contrast a man and a woman, married, who are having sex are communicating Love and if they keep it up will probably have kids--thus society goes on.
Two Lesbians can't give a child proper fathering, no matter how butch one of them is, and two gay men can't give a child true mothering no matter how effeminate one of them is. It takes a real man and a real woman in a real, committed marriage to raise good healthy little citizens.
Agree, great post.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Rose

Panorama City, CA

#9 Jan 11, 2010
Monettan wrote:
Stupid, society will go on.

I think there is jealousy behind your homophobia, you are jealous of people having the fun of sex without having to pay the price of having kids.(That's why many of you folks are against abortion, and even the pill.)
Monettan wrote:
Even if that were true, it would be a separate issue. You don't have to marry to adopt.

“dyssonance hotmail”

Since: Mar 07

Phoenix, AZ

#10 Jan 11, 2010
The pope also said the Nazi's weren't all that bad.

Not exactly the most honest Pope we've had in the last 100 years.

Then again, he's a sycophant with a psychotic streak ruling over a church that is bleeding followers faster than it can find them.
Ngo

Fitchburg, MA

#11 Jan 11, 2010
Rose wrote:
<quoted text>Even if that were true, it would be a separate issue. You don't have to marry to adopt.
It's not as though straight women are attracted to gay men, nor are straight men attracted to most lesbians. Even if gays and lesbians were magically turned straight, the church knows they would be left dateless and unmarried.

For years, aimless and desperate homosexuals became priests or nuns. Now that society offers them a much better deal, the church is jealous and throwing fits over it.

“dyssonance hotmail”

Phoenix, AZ

#12 Jan 11, 2010
Ngo wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not as though straight women are attracted to gay men, nor are straight men attracted to most lesbians. Even if gays and lesbians were magically turned straight, the church knows they would be left dateless and unmarried.
For years, aimless and desperate homosexuals became priests or nuns. Now that society offers them a much better deal, the church is jealous and throwing fits over it.
Well. actually, straight folks are attracted to gay folks and gay folks are attracted to straight folks.

They just aren't compatible with each other because the other person is not interested in them.

As an example, I'm a straight woman who gets hit on fairly regularly by lesbians.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#13 Jan 11, 2010
Is there any human on earth that is a bigger idiot than the Pope? I seriously doubt it.

“dyssonance hotmail”

Phoenix, AZ

#14 Jan 11, 2010
Tony17 wrote:
Is there any human on earth that is a bigger idiot than the Pope? I seriously doubt it.
Holy cow, how can you? Look around Topix: it's absolutely jam packed with them!
existentialcowbo y

United States

#15 Jan 12, 2010
I always remember what Tom Amminaio, a gay comedian who is in the California State Assembly, said about the Catholic Church years ago. He said that we should pay no attention to these people they just decided the other day that Earth really does rotate around the sun. It took them 500 to finaly admit that.

In another 500 years they will qute possibly come to terms with us.
unimpressed

Los Angeles, CA

#16 Jan 12, 2010
The Earth is overpopulated with millions of homeless and starving "creations" as it is. Less than 10% being homosexual and not procreating isn't going to destroy the planet. It excessive breeding, lack of contraceptive, and anti-abortionists who will breed, overpopulate, and destroy our world. "Go forth and multiply" may have become the sound byte in 30 A.D. but in 2010 the human race is crowding out every other species on the globe and consuming all the dwindling resources needed for our survival.

Since: Feb 08

Nashville, TN

#17 Jan 12, 2010
So the Pimpster says that "Freedom is not absolute...."

Right. Of course not Popey. Not in your world anyways. You live in a wonderful fantasy world of crosses and incense. Where you're the earthly king stand-in for what'shisname. Ummmm... it's something... that starts with a "J" I think.

Anyway, right.

Now why don't you go sit down and have some pudding. And someone will be in to change you later.

Senility is an ugly thing to watch.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#18 Jan 12, 2010
unimpressed wrote:
The Earth is overpopulated with millions of homeless and starving "creations" as it is. Less than 10% being homosexual and not procreating isn't going to destroy the planet. It excessive breeding, lack of contraceptive, and anti-abortionists who will breed, overpopulate, and destroy our world. "Go forth and multiply" may have become the sound byte in 30 A.D. but in 2010 the human race is crowding out every other species on the globe and consuming all the dwindling resources needed for our survival.
Yeah. And now humans have multiplied too much. One of the best ways to address this situation is for a good portion of the world to go gay. Anybody need a date,LOL?
YoMama

Alpharetta, GA

#19 Jan 12, 2010
Let's get the idiotic pope to explain the Christian Children's Fund's claim of 50,000 children per day dying of disease, starvation, and neglect.

If the daggone pope wants more children, why doesn't he worry about saving the ones we already have?

Duh!

“I will not go quietly.”

Since: Feb 07

Indianapolis Indiana

#23 Jan 12, 2010
Monettan wrote:
Ah the rationalization abounds. I find it interesting that the Pope claims to know the mindset of two same-sex individuals and can determine whether they are "communicating love" or just having sex, but then again if that's true of same-sex couples it must also be true of couples whom know for a fact that they are medically infertile.
Monettan wrote:
Two Lesbians can't give a child proper fathering, no matter how butch one of them is, and two gay men can't give a child true mothering no matter how effeminate one of them is.
That's not what all the scientific studies say at all. I trust them much more than I trust a leader of a mythology based movement.
Monettan wrote:
It takes a real man and a real woman in a real, committed marriage to raise good healthy little citizens.
and it takes a "real" human being to know that statements such as this are utter BS.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 21
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Roman Catholic Church Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 15 min Michael 691,832
News Four more men accuse priest of sexual abuse (Jan '08) 7 hr Goldie Barbosa 1,752
News Pope wants better translation of phrase on temp... Sat Frindly 6
News Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) Dec 7 Mr goody two shoes 256,266
need help with bus ticket (Feb '11) Dec 7 Jose 39
Holy Days of Obligation Dec 7 Chet 1
News Protestant, Catholic Church Leaders Unite for S... Dec 3 Eloah 9
More from around the web