National church faulted for 'diverse ...

National church faulted for 'diverse like me' mind-set

There are 5 comments on the Post and Courier story from Nov 18, 2012, titled National church faulted for 'diverse like me' mind-set. In it, Post and Courier reports that:

The half-page ad in last Sunday’s Post and Courier from a group claiming to represent the Diocese of South Carolina used as the centerpiece for its rationale this quote from the late Bishop William Alexander Guerry:

“We shall strive for unity, not uniformity. Uniformity is mechanical, barren, unfruitful, and unprofitable ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Post and Courier.

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

#1 Nov 19, 2012
from Post and Courier:

"... Unfortunately, these words when used by this alternative Steering Committee are ironic, hypocritical and disingenuous. If this group or the Episcopal Church (TEC) truly believed these words, the issue facing the original Episcopalians in South Carolina would not exist. But this group and TEC do not practice what they preach and to invoke a godly man like Bishop Guerry is symptomatic of the basic flaw in TEC, a 'diverse like me' mind-set.

"TEC has repeatedly 'talked' about unity amid diversity, yet 'acted' through its polity with malice and divisiveness toward individuals, churches and dioceses whose theological tenets it found out of sync with its narrow definition of diversity ..."
Listen to the Word

Bullhead City, AZ

#2 Nov 19, 2012
Here is proof that I am not alone in saying that the most "exclusive" groups are those who claim most to be "inclusive" and that TEC is the poster-denomination for such exclusiveness. Here is a church that is "inclusive" of every sexual perversion while being "exclusive" of the faithful in their ranks. Not only is TEC "exclusive" toward their own faithful members, they bully them, sue them in secular courts, shake them down of their property and endowments as though they is following Jesus' example, humiliate them, and then, as with the Southern Carolina diocese, tells them they can't leave! Like the Mafia, TEC can only silence its opposition and take over its territory -- even though the opposition has stood by and supported TEC for decades.

The only good news is that now the Pope has someone to teach him how to get to the next level in exercising power of his people. Way to go Jefferts-Schori!

“The Kingdom of God Begins NOW!”

Since: May 07

The Mountain Empire

#3 Nov 19, 2012
Aww, sorry grapes.

Maybe they can join the whiners who want to secede from the Union.

LOL......

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

#4 Nov 19, 2012
MiddleWay wrote:
Aww, sorry grapes ...
TEC's diversity of hypocrisy can leave a bad taste in one's mouth.

“The Kingdom of God Begins NOW!”

Since: May 07

The Mountain Empire

#5 Nov 20, 2012
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
TEC's diversity of hypocrisy can leave a bad taste in one's mouth.
Only for those who suck on them....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Roman Catholic Church Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 15 min kent 683,731
News 'That's all he wanted': Spicer, a devout Cathol... 9 hr seemoregood 1
News Four more men accuse priest of sexual abuse (Jan '08) 15 hr Buttling Boys 1,717
News The pope praised him for providing for his pare... Wed Laredo 3
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Jul 19 Dhimmi Democrat 33
News Here are 3 reasons why Catholic bishops are hol... Jul 19 seemoregood 1
...how to PROVE that Jesus EXISTED! Jul 17 Mini Me 1
More from around the web