Norfolk woman wanted for bilking priest, others of $270k

Apr 20, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Watertown Daily Times

State police are looking for a Norfolk woman in connection with a grand larceny case in which investigators said a priest and others were duped into raising more than $250,000 for a supposedly needy person.

Comments
1 - 20 of 31 Comments Last updated May 12, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Where is she

Ogdensburg, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Did she run away now?
Wow

Bath, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Most likely hiding. What does this say about the priest and the church. Sheep that give their money to the church so they can just give it to anyone they choose.
Few years ago they gave a guy who had a sunken barge a large sum of money. They did not care that he had a small fortune in equipment and land.
Steve

Canton, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

Well, if people fall for this stuff, they deserve it, in my book anyway
i know u

Saranac Lake, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

funny thing is the prist had a lot of different stories where he was sending the money when he was do it i think he was in on it

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Holy kaka!$270K? Are you kidding me? If she has even half a brain she should be on an island in the Carribean. Most likely, she's hiding out in a barn with the farm animals somewhere in St.Lawrence County.
Facts

Anonymous Proxy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

The priest should be held accountable! he lied to the bishop, and the people he took money from. there is no way he handed a woman 270k for any reason. its bullshit
sickened

Meriden, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

The priest has given 3 diff statements and lied to the bishop about this. This woman is a victim of the priest scam, period! Told several diff stories of what the need was for and said it had to be kept "confidential" people trusted this priest. He was ordered to stop soliciting money by the bishop but continuedveven after being removed and placed in ogdensburg. Many complaints fron parishioners so they moved him and covered up what wasgoin on by saying he retired. Cover up cover up
i know u

Saranac Lake, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

cover up is right he told many different stories when putting money on green dot cards and i thought its a sin to lie guess not for him
redneck one

Canton, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

A priest helps out this con artist and you all start blaming him. That is really heartless. He and the parishioners give this bimbo all that money and you are blaming him. Unbelievable!
wth

Meriden, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

How do uk he gave the money to her??? Casuebthe papers and news say so??? Bimbo, really and no one even met her all money went supposedly went through the priest u moron. Are people really this blind. This man lied to everyone including the bishop and after being told not to solicite more money he continued. Whats unbelievable is that u or anyone else would believe this bullshit. 270k cmon wake up
redneck one

Canton, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

She was arrested before for pulling the same BS. Going door to door asking to buy something to aid her sick kid. If he's so much to blame for having a big heart and helping this bimbo, where is she?

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Has the priest gone senile? I knew him from waddington and he read a lot of Tom clancey novels.
dumbfounded

Meriden, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

She wasn't going door to door u moron. Its was asking people to sell beanie babies for ada and fyi she wasn't convicted. But ur the kind of ignorant ass people that believe everything that they read. No he isn't senile he knew exactly what he was doing. Yea he does read a lot of tom clancy.
serious

West Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Maybe she is gone cause she knows how corrupt St.lawrence county is they say cause you did something before you must be guiltt again. There is no justice here
redneck one

Canton, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

serious wrote:
Maybe she is gone cause she knows how corrupt St.lawrence county is they say cause you did something before you must be guiltt again. There is no justice here
You're right about that! NO one ever pays for their mistakes here in the North Country. There is NO justice. Massena drug cartel is a good example
serious

West Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Two different circumstances pay attention to the different stories the priest has told.
sick to death Potsdam

Reedsburg, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

you must know her then as no statements have been released so maybe your helping her I hope they catch her and lock her up and throw away the key she has been convicted 2X already for the same thing and she will never learn
sick to death Potsdam

Reedsburg, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

you must know her and have her 3 different versions as no statements have been released yet so the only one who would know this is the lying thief BOBBIE JO ZELLER hopefully they catch her lock her up and throw away the key for many many years this is the 3rd time the has done this that she has been caught at anyway I am certain that there are many more.
serious

Wilbraham, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Actually "sick to death potsdam" check ur facts no she hasn't been convicted of anything like this in fact she has only been convicted of writing her own checks. So before you trash someone u obviously don't know, get ur story straight. I do know cause I am resident of waddington and have done my research. There is a lot more than what nosy bitches know. What u should be sick about is gossiping about things u know nothing about and sticking your nose into other peoples buisness. There is plenty of proof so change ur name to nosey bitch and stick to the facts and look at the several different stories that have been told in the media.. truth be told if ur that interested talk to residents to hear the diff. Stories the great "monsignor lawler" has told to get money. A great " story teller" I do believe he was quoted as.
wow

Wilbraham, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

sick to death Potsdam quote wrote:
you must know her and have her 3 different versions as no statements have been released yet so the only one who would know this is the lying thief BOBBIE JO ZELLER hopefully they catch her lock her up and throw away the key for many many years this is the 3rd time the has done this that she has been caught at anyway I am certain that there are many more.
you are ao off base she hasn't been convicted of anything like this and there has gotto be more to the story. I work at walmart and this man sent money all the time to several differrent people. He would come in and buy green dot cards sometimes more than once a day. Everytime tried to tell me a story about y he w as buying them. The store manager even commented on it. Say what u want cause obviously you like to talk shit but no man would solicite money for someone else

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••