Church: Unemployment Drives Pinoys' Migration

Feb 26, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Manila Bulletin

MANILA, Philippines - The country's unemployment problem may further drive many Filipinos to look for jobs abroad, the Catholic Church said Saturday.

Comments
1 - 7 of 7 Comments Last updated Nov 7, 2012

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2012

Lots of children. Can the catholic church feed them? They're against contraception yet they offer no food for the hungry children.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2012

Then they become Christians in other lands.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2012

Or underemployment.

“Matt Wilkie - Cebu Expat”

Since: Mar 12

Worcester

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2012

Unemployment and poor education system affect all sectors of Philippines society. Its about time people demanded change, the Church does nothing but fill its purse at the peoples expense. It may talk and complain but it all goes back to the health bill why they are complaining. If it was in their interest they would sit silent otherwise.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2012

Someday when a pinoy's relatives in the ph are all dead, he will stop sending money and that is good for the corrupt officials of the ph.
Go Blue

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2012

Who says, that Catholic church isn't on top of this situation? Now, let's accept birth control....

“Matt Wilkie - Cebu Expat”

Since: Mar 12

Worcester

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Go Blue wrote:
Who says, that Catholic church isn't on top of this situation? Now, let's accept birth control....
I would say they are pretty close to the problem considering the Bishop Pajero and president scandal, the ivory tower Churches in the slums, the schools that are saint this and Mary that for tax reasons and control.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••