Fr. Corapi resigns public ministry

Fr. Corapi resigns public ministry

St Reformed

Stillwater, OK

#1 Jun 20, 2011
Excerpts from statement of Fr. John Corapi, SOLT as released over this past weekent.

“All things change, only God stays the same, so I have to tell you about a major change in my life. I am not going to be involved in public ministry as a priest any longer. There are certain persons in authority in the Church that want me gone, and I shall be gone. I have been guilty of many things in the course of my life, and could easily and justifiably be considered unfit to engage in public ministry as a priest. The present complaint that you have heard about is, as far as I know, from the one person that I can honestly say I did more to help and support than any human being in my entire life. I forgive her and hope only good things for her. I am not going to get into a back and forth or argument with the Church or anyone else about this matter.”
“My canon lawyer and my civil lawyers have concluded that I cannot receive a fair and just hearing under the Church’s present process.”
“By the way, Canon Law does not dictate this. They [the bishops] choose to selectively ignore or violate both Canon Law and Civil Law, as they deem appropriate and or expeditious. Once again, they apparently have the discretionary power to do this, and if that’s the way it is I have to accept that as reality.”
“Please don’t bother the bishop or complain because it will do no good and it wastes valuable time and energy, both his and yours.”
“God bless you, God love you, and goodbye.”
-----John Corapi (once called “father,” now “The Black Sheep Dog”)[theblacksheepdog.us]---p osted by the National Catholic Register on June 19, 2011
wat

Norristown, PA

#2 Jun 20, 2011
One less pervert.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#3 Jun 20, 2011
wat wrote:
One less pervert.
Prove he's a pervert or shut your stupid mouth! I am sick to death of these false accusations being cast against our priests! There has been absolutely no proof of his guilt! NONE!

I happen to know this man personally. He's a good man. A man of great faith. He doesn't deserve the calumny that is being cast against him.

I also know people that worked with him and said this woman was gunning for him because he dismissed her off his staff.

You better be careful of what you automatically believe off the press. You might find yourself looking into the awful end of STUPID!
Bryon

Asbury Park, NJ

#4 Jun 20, 2011
The allegation is so clearly false, and the woman in question so questionable in motive, I think it is a great shame that Father Corapi is standing down. He has helped me in ways he will never know, and he will always be Father Corapi to me.
St Reformed

Stillwater, OK

#5 Jun 21, 2011
UPDATE:

"The Bishop’s star witness against me is a severely troubled person that I tried to help for years. I provided the Church with evidence as to this accuser’s credibility very early on. There are two hours of audio telephone messages that clearly demonstrate this person’s serious lack of credibility. We shall consider posting some of these audio clips in the future. You can decide if this person sounds sober and/or sane."--Fr. John Corapi (posted on June 21, 2011) www.theblacksheepdog.us
Bonnie

Pompano Beach, FL

#6 Jun 21, 2011
How can a so-called "compassionate", and "merciful" Church of God, the Most Holy Roman Catholic Church, presume a man guilty until proven innocent??? It is the Law of this Land, that a person is "Innocent until proven Guilty"!! The Church elders have failed in this instance, quite miserably.
I love Fr. Corapi. He is a very holy man who has helped millions of people around the world. I don't believe for one second in his guilt. He has been made a scape goat for the Church's lack of other's who are guilty of these types of sins.
Fr. Corapi will always be Fr. Corapi to me and my family and I shall always look for ways to hear him preach.
GOD BLESS YOU, FR. CORAPI! And may the Spirit guide you always!
"Be not afraid, for I am with you always"....

“the Black Mermaid”

Since: Jun 11

Continent of Atlantis

#7 Jun 22, 2011
Una Voce wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove he's a pervert or shut your stupid mouth! I am sick to death of these false accusations being cast against our priests! There has been absolutely no proof of his guilt! NONE!
I happen to know this man personally. He's a good man. A man of great faith. He doesn't deserve the calumny that is being cast against him.
I also know people that worked with him and said this woman was gunning for him because he dismissed her off his staff.
You better be careful of what you automatically believe off the press. You might find yourself looking into the awful end of STUPID!
You could walk in on him, see him having sex with a child, and STILL come to his defense. I don't know if this story is true or not, but why don't YOU try to prove it isn't.

YOU should be careful of what you believe. You're a typical a-priest-can-do-no-wrong person who actually promotes the sexual abuse of children whether you realize it or not. Why don't you put the kids first? I'm sure some allegations have been false, but I think most of them have been true. I pity the kids; you're more concerned with your church's image and that's WRONG.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Roman Catholic Church Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min Just Think 682,001
News Area Catholic churches ordered to close (Jun '09) 8 hr AmPieJam UncleSam 2
News Four more men accuse priest of sexual abuse (Jan '08) 10 hr Curious 1,695
News Vatican celebrates big bang to dispel faith-sci... 12 hr True Christian wi... 4
News Hundreds of Catholic institutions closed or des... Jun 22 Michael 1
News Catholic bishops' agenda hurts families Jun 21 Uncle Sam 1
News Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) Jun 19 Dementia mental c... 36
More from around the web