Did the Pope (John Paul II) REALLY ki...

Did the Pope (John Paul II) REALLY kiss the Koran?

There are 25 comments on the Free Republic story from Dec 13, 2011, titled Did the Pope (John Paul II) REALLY kiss the Koran?. In it, Free Republic reports that:

I pray I haven't been guilty of the sin of calumny against a pope! In several Free Republic threads over the years I took as an accepted fact that the Pope kissed the Koran, and in several, commented that the Pope had erred on the side of peacemaking, by making this unscripted gesture of respect.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Free Republic.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#21 Dec 27, 2011
justachristian1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Romanism is NOT Christianity.
The RC denomination is a pagan-oriented religion, rife with man-made rules and regulations, superstition, lies, and heresy.
It is led by a merely 'elected' individual who dares to equate himself with our Lord Jesus.
The bible says 'Come out of her, my people' for GOOD reason.
Don't get me wrong, but didn't the RCC give you the Gospel?

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#22 Dec 28, 2011
TheJazuma wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't get me wrong, but didn't the RCC give you the Gospel?
No. GOD gave us the Bible.The romanist cult just tries to claim they did.
The Oracle

London, UK

#23 Dec 28, 2011
justachristian1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No. GOD gave us the Bible.The romanist cult just tries to claim they did.

Actually the source of the bible is not some god. It is actually the product of unscrupulous, mischievous, irresponsible authors who produced it in numerous comedic drafts over hundreds of years, during which time they invented such idiotic suggestions as virgin birth, rising from the dead etc.

You disparage the RCC cult in your post, but actually you credit some god with the production of a ridiculous book of fantasy. According you as little credibility as your despised RCC.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#24 Dec 31, 2011
The Oracle wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually the source of the bible is not some god. It is actually the product of unscrupulous, mischievous, irresponsible authors who produced it in numerous comedic drafts over hundreds of years, during which time they invented such idiotic suggestions as virgin birth, rising from the dead etc.
You disparage the RCC cult in your post, but actually you credit some god with the production of a ridiculous book of fantasy. According you as little credibility as your despised RCC.
You have the right to your own opinion, warped though it is...
Jose Isaac

Chennai, India

#25 Dec 2, 2012
Did u know?
666 is not just a person (m/f) but also an IDEOLOGY.
'Learn directly from God' is said twice in old testament & once in new testament.
This is my interpretation of what God tells me:
Jews & X'tians believe that God made Earth in 6 days & rested on 7 day (so Sabbath is important). This gives us the first 2 sixes. The 3rd 6 is Islam.

But Islam says 'God' made Earth in 6 days but did NOT rest on 7th day (so NO need to observe Sabbath).

quran says Jesus is not God's son & that Jesus did not die on the cross.

Bible says that he who denies the (relationship between) father & son IS anti-Christ.

So the anti-Christ WILL BE ANYONE WHO TRIES TO CONVINCE U THAT THE GOD OF JEWS, CHRISTIANS & islam R THE SAME.

Unless 666 is exposed by u, they will become more & more popular & influential in Europe & USA & will ultimately come to power there & stop all counter terrorism operations in the name of peace. Even now in the name of peace Israel is blamed for reacting to Palestine provocation & never is Pakestine blamed.

There can be peace under Islam by ONLY submitting 2 ISLAM.

The Holy Bible says that the 'observance' of Sabbath is not necessary -- i.e. u don't have 2 sprinkle ur head with ash & lie flat on the ground. Just as ash cannot change back to its previous form, so by sprinkling ash on the head you are telling God you won't go back to sinning again.

In new testament this symbolish ('observance' of Sabbath) is no longer needed as God sees ur heart & knows whether u will return 2 ur old self or not. But Sabbath STILL HAS TO BE kept holy but most Christians mistakingly don't.

Do u agree with me??? Do u understand???

Islam says Jesus is not Son of God. Islam says Jesus did not die & so did not rise up. Isn't this EXACTLY WHAT IS NEEDED TO BE BELIEVED FOR SALVATION.

The Catholic Bible has not the verse proving Holy Spirit as God. i.e. Colossians 2:2 (.....mystery of GOD & OF THE FATHER & OF CHRIST).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Roman Catholic Church Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min truth 658,591
News Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 6 hr Thinking 254,819
Democrats would vote for Lucifer if he were a D... 7 hr hojo 1
Saint of the Day thread (May '10) 7 hr MichelleMC 2,786
News Why Christians Should Learn about Other Religions 13 hr sharona 9
News Chris Matthews: Blacks Need Same-Sex Marriage (Jun '11) Mon Savant 144
News Bridgeport diocese haunted by past abuse Sep 23 Samuels Furnace Man 12
More from around the web