French conservatives gear up against ...

French conservatives gear up against gay marriage

There are 8 comments on the WTAX-AM Springfield story from Nov 3, 2012, titled French conservatives gear up against gay marriage. In it, WTAX-AM Springfield reports that:

Roman Catholic bishops and conservative politicians are stepping their campaign against French President Francois Hollande's plan to legalize gay marriage days before his government presents its draft law in cabinet.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTAX-AM Springfield.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#1 Nov 3, 2012
Why do people hate rainbows so much?

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#2 Nov 3, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
I suppose because it's a symbol for all people living together equally, and in harmony.

Some people feel that they themselves are less "special", if other folks are treated the same way that they are.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#3 Nov 3, 2012
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
I suppose because it's a symbol for all people living together equally, and in harmony.
Some people feel that they themselves are less "special", if other folks are treated the same way that they are.
It's ironic, the people who whine about entitlements that don't really exist are often ones who think they're entitled to superiority simply for being the majority.

Wow, I'm having another moment of poetry here I think.

“What Goes Around, Comes Around”

Since: Mar 07

Kansas City, MO.

#4 Nov 3, 2012
Hmmmm. How many 'Catholic' countries HAVE SSM? The church has NOT stopped them there!
Qwerty26

Lewes, DE

#5 Nov 3, 2012
Frankly, when you step back and look at christianity as a "moral system," it leaves something to be desired. So these bishops can spew and spout all the nonsense they want, but they do not own the moral high ground on this, or any other, issue.

Theirs is a religion that requires blood sacrifice. How is this different than, for instance, the Aztecs, or any other ancient religion that sacrifices animals (or worse, people)? We scorn these ancient religions, but don't stop to realize that christianity is based on the same principles - a deity that requires blood.

“Child of the Universe”

Since: Aug 09

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

#7 Nov 3, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
Someday we'll find it -
the Rainbow Connection -
the lovers, the dreamers, and me!

Kermit the Frog

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#8 Nov 3, 2012
Awakening the beast.

Since: Dec 08

Toronto, ON, Canada

#9 Nov 4, 2012
Those bishops should suffer the same fate Robespierre delivered to the clergy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Roman Catholic Church Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 30 min guest 650,731
News Catholics awaiting Francis pray for slain Frenc... 10 hr bluestreak returns 2
News Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 18 hr rabbee yehoshooah... 253,562
Saint of the Day thread (May '10) Thu MichelleMC 2,775
News Nazi hunter outraged by annulment of Ustasha co... Wed truth 20
News Serbia, Croatia trade protest notes over rehabi... Jul 27 truth 3
News Boy Scouts faring well a year after easing ban ... Jul 26 Oliver 28
More from around the web