St. Paul alum Aceves now heading up Santa Fe Springs school

She graduated from St. Paul High School in 1987 and has worked there for 15 years - and now, Kate Aceves has landed the top administrative job at the 54-year-old private Catholic campus. Full Story
Paul

Orange, CA

#1 Jun 21, 2010
Go Mrs. Aceves! You have the support of the class of 2003!!!
St Paul Parent

Downey, CA

#2 Jun 22, 2010
Yea!!! Barr is gone, now maybe St. Paul can get back to being what it was before she came.
Mrs. Aceves will do a great job. Student, parents and teachers alike love her.
SP Mom

Los Angeles, CA

#3 Jun 22, 2010
I hope St. Paul education does not go back to what it was before Ms. Barr arrived. The first two years of my student's education was adequate at best. Standards improved immensely these past two years. Before Ms. Barr I would have recommended against sending a student to St. Paul. After Barr's first year I was able to recommend the school.
ONCE A SWORDSMEN

Whittier, CA

#4 Jun 22, 2010
Let's hope SP continues to progress.
St Paul Parent

Downey, CA

#5 Jun 22, 2010
SP Mom wrote:
I hope St. Paul education does not go back to what it was before Ms. Barr arrived. The first two years of my student's education was adequate at best. Standards improved immensely these past two years. Before Ms. Barr I would have recommended against sending a student to St. Paul. After Barr's first year I was able to recommend the school.
SO untrue! Our kids had a great education, those same wonderful teachers are there and their level of devotion and skill remains unchanged and as high as ever, so please, do not slam them!

Barr is gone due to extremely poor leadership. She had no business being in a school setting where she had to deal with students, parents or faculty.
the truth

Irvine, CA

#6 Jun 22, 2010
Ok ...who REALLY knows why she is gone?? Is someone trying to cover up something bad?
Outside Looking In

Folsom, CA

#7 Jun 22, 2010
@ the trtuh-
Why would you even try starting such a discussion? It doesn't matter why; what's it going to prove? You must love drama.
You should be an adult like the others before you and move on.
Ray Alumni

Los Angeles, CA

#8 Jun 22, 2010
St. Paul can't get back its "old glory". The other catholic schools have increased the distance so much over the last 15-20 years that there is no way we can catch up. We have a history that no one knows, especially the students and faculty. The donor contributions are so far behind what other catholic schools receive and that is what kills us. w/ out that money no new facilities no talent comes our way. Mater Dei, Servite, Bishop Amat, St. Johns, all out pace us.the education standards are average. Enrollment is constant but I have met people from all those schools and their traditions, and pride is so immense. It will take alumni and current students to change St.Paul back into a powerhouse of education and athletics. Once a swordsmen, always a swordsmen!
SP type guy

La Habra, CA

#9 Jun 22, 2010
Ms. Barr did a great job. When she arrived at SP the school was on the verge of shutting down because of the poor leadership of Frank Laurenzello. While Frank was there many families left and enrollment dropped.
I wish only the best for Ms. Barr and thank her for setting the ground work for SP's comeback.
Anyone who has anything negative to say about her work ethic and commitment to SP doesnt know what they are talking about.
I went to SP w/ the new Princ. I know she will do a great job! GO SWORDSMEN!!
loco

Monrovia, CA

#10 Jun 22, 2010
Paul wrote:
Go Mrs. Aceves! You have the support of the class of 2003!!!
you have no right to speak on the behalf of the great class of 2003..PETE GONZALEZ FOR PRINCIPAL!
the truth

Irvine, CA

#11 Jun 22, 2010
Outside Looking In wrote:
@ the trtuh-
Why would you even try starting such a discussion? It doesn't matter why; what's it going to prove? You must love drama.
You should be an adult like the others before you and move on.
So you must be part of the coverup. What are you trying to sweep under the carpet now. You are the one acting like some juvenile who got caught doing something wrong. It doesn't matter why you say? OF COURSE IT DOES! I think incoming parents should know the truth of what happened and how the school is correcting it. All this hush hush just creates more rumors that never talk about the truth. The drama is the coverup not the truth!
Outside Looking In

Folsom, CA

#12 Jun 22, 2010
the truth wrote:
<quoted text>
So you must be part of the coverup. What are you trying to sweep under the carpet now. You are the one acting like some juvenile who got caught doing something wrong. It doesn't matter why you say? OF COURSE IT DOES! I think incoming parents should know the truth of what happened and how the school is correcting it. All this hush hush just creates more rumors that never talk about the truth. The drama is the coverup not the truth!
As my name indicates, I'm "Outside Looking In". I troll my local newspaper to be informed of what goes on in my surroundings. I don't have an interest in the school in any magnitude. It just amazes me how much negative energy people like to spew from their mouths. If you have an issue with an organization of any type, don't be a coward and put it out here the way you did. These are people's lives you're attempting to start rumors and speculation with. In case you're not familiar with the law, the school is not authorized to discuss a matter such as this.
Furthermore, your accusations alleging I'm part of a "cover up" have got to be the most ridiculous thing I've ever read not knowing I have no interest in the school. But it's people like you who keep the tabloids in business...
I applaud all those who have come on here and represented in good light. The world needs more positive energy.
Class of 1983

Pico Rivera, CA

#13 Jun 22, 2010
Ray Alumni wrote:
St. Paul can't get back its "old glory". The other catholic schools have increased the distance so much over the last 15-20 years that there is no way we can catch up. We have a history that no one knows, especially the students and faculty. The donor contributions are so far behind what other catholic schools receive and that is what kills us.****/ out that money no new facilities no talent comes our way. Mater Dei, Servite, Bishop Amat, St. Johns, all out pace us.the education standards are average. Enrollment is constant but I have met people from all those schools and their traditions, and pride is so immense. It will take alumni and current students to change St.Paul back into a powerhouse of education and athletics. Once a swordsmen, always a swordsmen!
Excellent post. It will take the Swordsmen alumni and students to bring back the glory of St. Paul High School. Mrs. Aceves is a great person to lead the way. She comes from a fine, fine family and I am proud she is leading the way.
the truth

Irvine, CA

#14 Jun 22, 2010
Outside Looking In wrote:
<quoted text>
As my name indicates, I'm "Outside Looking In". I troll my local newspaper to be informed of what goes on in my surroundings. I don't have an interest in the school in any magnitude. It just amazes me how much negative energy people like to spew from their mouths. If you have an issue with an organization of any type, don't be a coward and put it out here the way you did. These are people's lives you're attempting to start rumors and speculation with. In case you're not familiar with the law, the school is not authorized to discuss a matter such as this.
Furthermore, your accusations alleging I'm part of a "cover up" have got to be the most ridiculous thing I've ever read not knowing I have no interest in the school. But it's people like you who keep the tabloids in business...
I applaud all those who have come on here and represented in good light. The world needs more positive energy.
I'm not asking for rumors. I'm asking for the truth. How can the truth be negative energy? Unfortunately people will just come to their own incorrect conclusions.
SP Parent

Los Angeles, CA

#15 Jun 23, 2010
St Paul Parent wrote:
<quoted text>
SO untrue! Our kids had a great education, those same wonderful teachers are there and their level of devotion and skill remains unchanged and as high as ever, so please, do not slam them!
Barr is gone due to extremely poor leadership. She had no business being in a school setting where she had to deal with students, parents or faculty.
I did not slam anyone. It was a compliment. All that was needed was different leadership matching more closely job to ability.
SP type guy

La Habra, CA

#16 Jun 23, 2010
loco wrote:
<quoted text>
you have no right to speak on the behalf of the great class of 2003..PETE GONZALEZ FOR PRINCIPAL!
hahahahahha pete (the Ace of Cakes) gonzalez and Frank Laurenzello were the 2 worst things to ever happen to SP.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Roman Catholic Church Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 min waaasssuuup 542,762
Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 8 hr Dragnet52 202,138
Catholics In Philippines Turn To Church To Cope... (Nov '13) 8 hr ELIAS IBARRA 55
Filipino bishops: We will strip Catholic status... (Aug '12) 11 hr ELIAS IBARRA 427
Claims against teacher resurface (Oct '06) 22 hr __a_w_a_w_ 158
Thank the Lord 23 hr Son of God 1
The Holy Spirit and guidance 23 hr Son of God 1
•••

Roman Catholic Church People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••