Growing Up Catholic
paul shykora ARTs

Calgary, Canada

#25 May 24, 2012
.. IT Is you's ...BRAND...NEED,here???...expo sing you's PENIS to us..Vhy???...a ''subconscious'' action on you's part..Why??...eh..(-)..
paul shykora ARTs

Calgary, Canada

#27 May 24, 2012
..REVERSED PSYCHOLOGY...dHen WHY are you's...exposing it...and BLAMING OtHER's for doing it....The Catholic Church..is much,much BIGGER the this one % (1) issue..IT IS yOU's here ''exposing'' your subconscious sexual needs...eh...Wake-UP...
paul shykora ARTs

Calgary, Canada

#28 May 24, 2012
..ONLY Some one-percent,yes (1) %..Of the Church ..are Bad,here...And that is the same ''ratio'' in ALL Walks of life...like,who is $$$ paying for your LUNCH,here..$$$...eh...
Pax et Bonum

Sebring, OH

#29 May 24, 2012
paul shykora ARTs wrote:
..ONLY Some one-percent,yes (1)%..Of the Church ..are Bad,here...And that is the same ''ratio'' in ALL Walks of life...like,who is $$$ paying for your LUNCH,here..$$$...eh...
What we have with the Monkey is another troll going from thread to thread with the same ax to grind about ther Church on each one. He's not the first and won't be the last to dwell on the sins of the Church while keeping a blind eye to the good the Church has done and continues to do.
Regina

Butler, NJ

#30 May 24, 2012
paul shykora ARTs wrote:
..REVERSED PSYCHOLOGY...dHen WHY are you's...exposing it...and BLAMING OtHER's for doing it....The Catholic Church..is much,much BIGGER the this one %(1) issue..IT IS yOU's here ''exposing'' your subconscious sexual needs...eh...Wake-UP...
Amen, brother!
Big Al

Hanna City, IL

#33 May 25, 2012
Growing up Catholic caused many problems also. The thought that if I died before I got to confession after I ate a hamburger at my non-Catholic friend’s house on a Friday because I didn’t want offend his mom, I would go to hell forever is just an example of the mumbo jumbo a Catholic kid has to deal with.

It took a lot of time, rational thought and self-examination to sort through the mumbo jumbo and arrive at a clearer concept of reality.
Pax et Bonum

Atwater, OH

#34 May 25, 2012
Big Al wrote:
Growing up Catholic caused many problems also. The thought that if I died before I got to confession after I ate a hamburger at my non-Catholic friend’s house on a Friday because I didn’t want offend his mom, I would go to hell forever is just an example of the mumbo jumbo a Catholic kid has to deal with.
It took a lot of time, rational thought and self-examination to sort through the mumbo jumbo and arrive at a clearer concept of reality.
It is unfortunate that these teachings were blown out of proportion for you by well meaning but over the top I'm assuming parents and teachers. The reality of the mercy of God was missing from these teachings and makes all the difference. I was never taught these things as a "Catholic Kid".
Pax et Bonum

Atwater, OH

#35 May 25, 2012
monkey shines wrote:
<quoted text>
I buy my own lunch?!? I guess I really didn't look at this post my pro child molesting friend. Do you prefer the fondling in church or in the rectory. A simpleton like you must really not care. Fill me in please. Also I looked and looked there is no solid figure on the molesters in the church but the conservative estimate is 35% active. That means a lot have left or are to old to molest kids. So it's swimming with them. Do you fit in to that equation?
Where did you get your 35% figure? One can go to any number of sites and get % to fit your beliefs. Obviously you went to ones that fit yours which only proves nothing really.
Michael

Caledonia, Canada

#36 May 25, 2012
Around the world, wherever catholic clergy reside have been sexual crimes committed by them.

If the number of clergy who abused is low, it is wide spread around the world, and what is even more disgusting is that all the non offending priests/bishops/cardinals had full knowledge of the abusive clergy and kept silent allowing felony crimes to continue over and over while standing in the pulpit looking into the very eyes of the victims family who knew nothing but the clergy knew damn well what was going on.

Now the bishops have been put in charge of calling 9-1-1 on abusive clergy, the very ones they covered up for in the first place.

UNBELIEVABLE!

Michael

Caledonia, Canada

#37 May 25, 2012
Pax et Bonum wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did you get your 35% figure? One can go to any number of sites and get % to fit your beliefs. Obviously you went to ones that fit yours which only proves nothing really.
The number of gay clergy might be upwards of 35% but the abusive clergy numbers are much lower, however the rest of the clergy who didn't molest all had knowledge of ones who did.

The catholic church is currently going through some very serious times. Young people are bailing on the church as older catholics keep their mouths shut just wishing this will all go away.

Sexual abuse scandals, money laundering scandals of the vatican bank, Vatican letter leaks, 2 investigations of the nuns in america, are just a few of the front and centre serious issues going on in the catholic church today......

Every generation coming along is less religiously observant than the one before. The United states is about a generation or two behind western europe which has all but given up on christianity.

France boasts 86% baptized catholics, but TODAY less than 6% of French catholics attend mandatory sunday mass. A lot has happened in just 50 years.
Big Al

Hanna City, IL

#38 May 25, 2012
Pax et Bonum wrote:
<quoted text>
It is unfortunate that these teachings were blown out of proportion for you by well meaning but over the top I'm assuming parents and teachers. The reality of the mercy of God was missing from these teachings and makes all the difference. I was never taught these things as a "Catholic Kid".
You’re obviously much younger. In the old days knowingly eating meat on Friday was considered a grave matter (mortal sin) and it was impossible to get into heaven with an unconfessed mortal sin on your soul. Of course if you made a sincere act of contrition before you died you might still get in. However, if you had the opportunity, you must go to the priest and confess and receive absolution rather than rely on what you might think is a sincere act of contrition.

“In the post-Conciliar period, the 1966 constitution Paenitemini (III.II.1) of Pope Paul VI re-affirmed that failure to make "substantial observance" of the law of Friday abstinence is grave matter, i.e. constitutes a mortal sin.”- Fr. Dylan James, Catholic Priest in Shaftesbury, England
http://fatherdylanjames.blogspot.com/2011/09/...
Pax et Bonum

Atwater, OH

#39 May 25, 2012
Michael wrote:
Around the world, wherever catholic clergy reside have been sexual crimes committed by them.
If the number of clergy who abused is low, it is wide spread around the world, and what is even more disgusting is that all the non offending priests/bishops/cardinals had full knowledge of the abusive clergy and kept silent allowing felony crimes to continue over and over while standing in the pulpit looking into the very eyes of the victims family who knew nothing but the clergy knew damn well what was going on.
Now the bishops have been put in charge of calling 9-1-1 on abusive clergy, the very ones they covered up for in the first place.
UNBELIEVABLE!
That you believe "all the non offending priests and bishops" knew of abusing priests is just not reality. Pedophiles neither put up signs nor advertise their actions. That there were those that did know and did nothing is true but to say "all" did is painting with too wide a brush. The "bishops" have had gotten the 911 call but it is the laity, the ones who actually have children who are pushing for reforms to make sure the sexual abuse of children is stopped and not only by priests but all segments in society that have possible abusers who have access to children.
Pax et Bonum

Atwater, OH

#41 May 25, 2012
Big Al wrote:
<quoted text>
You’re obviously much younger. In the old days knowingly eating meat on Friday was considered a grave matter (mortal sin) and it was impossible to get into heaven with an unconfessed mortal sin on your soul. Of course if you made a sincere act of contrition before you died you might still get in. However, if you had the opportunity, you must go to the priest and confess and receive absolution rather than rely on what you might think is a sincere act of contrition.
“In the post-Conciliar period, the 1966 constitution Paenitemini (III.II.1) of Pope Paul VI re-affirmed that failure to make "substantial observance" of the law of Friday abstinence is grave matter, i.e. constitutes a mortal sin.”- Fr. Dylan James, Catholic Priest in Shaftesbury, England
http://fatherdylanjames.blogspot.com/2011/09/...
I am old enough to remember choking down fishsticks on Friday and memorizing the questions and answers out of my blue Baltimore Catechism. Quote whatever document you wish. I would challenge you though to look up documents on God's mercy and the reality of God's goodness. It would give a balance to the God who would condem you to Hell for a hotdog teachings you seem stuck on.
Pax et Bonum

Atwater, OH

#42 May 25, 2012
monkey shines wrote:
<quoted text>
It's quite obvious you are pro pedophile by your comments. It's in the tens of thousands if you count what we know about. Porter was over a hundred kids alone. Amazing you defend a pervert organization who knowingly covered it up. The percentage I got was actually from a news station in Boston who dealt with cardinal Bernard law who fled to the vatican before he was going to be molested. Good old John Paul gave him citizenship. You should look him up over 600 priests got away with abuse because of him. Here in those island in my little city. Two of our priests from the local st Mary's parish were put in jail. Then our old bishop gellineau got arrested for soliciting oral sex from a cop at a roadside rest bathroom. What a guy for you to admire. These are the tip of the iceberg here and tons of these molesters are being flushed out. So god bless you and the priests I am sure you hang out with. one night I was at a very nice restaurant in providence and there were 8 priests at a table and they were hammered talking about the guys they thought were cute. Teen idol guys!! They are grotesque.
That you see me as being "pro-pedophile" by my posts is only an indication of a lack reading comprehension abilities on your part. I am more than fully aware of the wrongs priests and bishops have done. I am also aware of the organization SNAP and Bishops Accountability that are doing all they can to keep this in the news and in the minds of all who wish to do more than just bad mouth the Church. They are actually helping to protect children and have the abusers not abuse again. As to drunk priests in bars I have no respect for them but refuse to lump the priests I know who are working in Christ like ways for the Church with them.
paulshykora ARTs

Calgary, Canada

#43 May 25, 2012
..MONKEY SHINE is a fake...false name, and wishes to be,subconsiouly...the very thing He...focuses....on..that's it...a wish...
paulshykora ARTs

Calgary, Canada

#44 May 25, 2012
.....he wants and practices...the 100 th monkey-theory and practice...whew....eh...
Big Al

Hanna City, IL

#46 May 25, 2012
Pax et Bonum wrote:
<quoted text>
I am old enough to remember choking down fishsticks on Friday and memorizing the questions and answers out of my blue Baltimore Catechism. Quote whatever document you wish. I would challenge you though to look up documents on God's mercy and the reality of God's goodness. It would give a balance to the God who would condem you to Hell for a hotdog teachings you seem stuck on.
Your family must have been from one of those “presumptuous” Catholic families that didn’t think they had to follow all of the laws of the Church because “God” was merciful. The Benedictine nuns that taught me the Catholicism would have straightened you out in hurry.

“Presumption is here considered as a vice opposed to the theological virtue of hope. It may also be regarded as a product of pride. It may be defined as the condition of a soul which, because of a badly regulated reliance on God's mercy and power, hopes for salvation without doing anything to deserve it, or for pardon of his sins without repenting of them.”- The Catholic Encyclopedia
Pax et Bonum

Sebring, OH

#47 May 25, 2012
Big Al wrote:
<quoted text>
Your family must have been from one of those “presumptuous” Catholic families that didn’t think they had to follow all of the laws of the Church because “God” was merciful. The Benedictine nuns that taught me the Catholicism would have straightened you out in hurry.
“Presumption is here considered as a vice opposed to the theological virtue of hope. It may also be regarded as a product of pride. It may be defined as the condition of a soul which, because of a badly regulated reliance on God's mercy and power, hopes for salvation without doing anything to deserve it, or for pardon of his sins without repenting of them.”- The Catholic Encyclopedia
So what I am hearing from you is that you would rather believe in the worst that the Catholic Church has to offer from documents and The Catholic Encyclopedia. Is this so that you can walk away from the Church with a clear belief that you have done the right thing? If it helps you make the break you seem to need then go with it. I would rather look to the Church for the best she can offer of the teachings of Christ and stay with the Church.
Big Al

Hanna City, IL

#48 May 25, 2012
Pax et Bonum wrote:
<quoted text>
So what I am hearing from you is that you would rather believe in the worst that the Catholic Church has to offer from documents and The Catholic Encyclopedia. Is this so that you can walk away from the Church with a clear belief that you have done the right thing? If it helps you make the break you seem to need then go with it. I would rather look to the Church for the best she can offer of the teachings of Christ and stay with the Church.
I only know what I was taught, and extracting myself from the indoctrination was a difficult process that took a considerable amount of time, a lot of self-examination and a lot of “rational” thought.

My post has nothing to do with what I would “rather believe” about the Catholic Church but what I know from personal experience with the Church. Somehow you have either been spared any personal confrontation with Church dogma or maybe you simply choose to ignore any inconsistency between what you personally believe and what the Church decrees. Make no mistake the Catholic Church is not now and never has been tolerant of personal opinion (including yours) in relation to Church doctrine.

“There is no entering into salvation outside the Catholic Church, just as in the time of the Flood there was not salvation outside the Ark, which denotes the Church." St. Thomas Aquinas (1226-1274)

“Some say they are not bound by the doctrine which teaches that the Mystical Body of Christ and the Roman Catholic Church are one and the same thing. Some reduce to a meaningless formula the necessity of belonging to the true Church in order to gain eternal salvation.“- Pope Pius XII (1939-1958)

That’s the Catholicism I was taught, salvation lies in Catholic Church teaching and if you don’t follow it you don’t attain salvation no matter how good a person you think you are.
Pax et Bonum

Sebring, OH

#51 May 26, 2012
Big Al wrote:
<quoted text>
I only know what I was taught, and extracting myself from the indoctrination was a difficult process that took a considerable amount of time, a lot of self-examination and a lot of “rational” thought.
My post has nothing to do with what I would “rather believe” about the Catholic Church but what I know from personal experience with the Church. Somehow you have either been spared any personal confrontation with Church dogma or maybe you simply choose to ignore any inconsistency between what you personally believe and what the Church decrees. Make no mistake the Catholic Church is not now and never has been tolerant of personal opinion (including yours) in relation to Church doctrine.
“There is no entering into salvation outside the Catholic Church, just as in the time of the Flood there was not salvation outside the Ark, which denotes the Church." St. Thomas Aquinas (1226-1274)
“Some say they are not bound by the doctrine which teaches that the Mystical Body of Christ and the Roman Catholic Church are one and the same thing. Some reduce to a meaningless formula the necessity of belonging to the true Church in order to gain eternal salvation.“- Pope Pius XII (1939-1958)
That’s the Catholicism I was taught, salvation lies in Catholic Church teaching and if you don’t follow it you don’t attain salvation no matter how good a person you think you are.
The Church is the Church only because Christ is the Church. The Church is nothing without this reality. Christ came to save the world not just Catholics. Saint Thomas and Pius XII aside Christ is bigger than the both of them. The Reformation was still a new reality for the Church at the time of Aquinas. Put his writings in the context of history and one sees better how he wrote as he did. Read your Pius XII quote a little slower. I get from in in as much as there are those who discount Christ's reality as being the Church it does not say that being outside of her condems one to hell. It seems to me to be more an inditement of those who believe they are heaven bound just by being a member of the Church but really not practicing the faith. Are you pulling random quotes from an anti-Catholic or even an ultraConservative Catholic sites or have you actually read the documents you are pulling these quotes from?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Roman Catholic Church Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 hr Michael 683,541
News The pope praised him for providing for his pare... Wed Laredo 3
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Wed Dhimmi Democrat 33
News Four more men accuse priest of sexual abuse (Jan '08) Wed Steven 1,716
News Here are 3 reasons why Catholic bishops are hol... Wed seemoregood 1
...how to PROVE that Jesus EXISTED! Jul 17 Mini Me 1
News Paul Is No Inventor of Christianity, Says Pope (Sep '08) Jul 16 True Christian wi... 77
More from around the web