Abortion Concern

Nov 23, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Derry Today

Derry's Diocesan Administrator Monsignor Eamon Martin says he has been approached by many people urging him to clarify the Catholic Church's stance on abortion.

Comments
1 - 20 of 24 Comments Last updated Dec 12, 2012
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

The lackey Eamon Martin side stepped the question and talked in parables pertaining to the issue at hand:

In his statement, Mgr. Martin - who described Mrs. Halappanavar’s death as a “devastating personal tragedy for her husband and family”- drew attention to the “equal right” to life of a mother and her unborn child.

Echoing the words of the Irish Bishops in reaffirming some aspects of Catholic moral teaching, Mgr. Martin said the Catholic Church had never taught that the life of a child in the womb should be preferred to that of a mother.

“By virtue of their common humanity, a mother and her unborn baby share an equal right to life,” he said.“Where a seriously-ill pregnant woman needs medical treatment which may put the life of her baby at risk, such treatments are ethically permissible provided every effort has been made to save the life of both the mother and her baby.”

What a lying sack of crap this guy is. The CC has stated in NO uncertain terms that an abortion CANNOT be used to save the life of the mother! Women are sacrificial! Always have been to this bunch of boys!

http://www.catholic.net/index.php...

http://www.catholicapologetics.info/morality/...

http://catholicism.about.com/b/2010/01/22/rea...
Ocean56

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

Morgana 9 wrote:
The lackey Eamon Martin side stepped the question and talked in parables pertaining to the issue at hand:
In his statement, Mgr. Martin - who described Mrs. Halappanavar’s death as a “devastating personal tragedy for her husband and family”- drew attention to the “equal right” to life of a mother and her unborn child.
Echoing the words of the Irish Bishops in reaffirming some aspects of Catholic moral teaching, Mgr. Martin said the Catholic Church had never taught that the life of a child in the womb should be preferred to that of a mother.
“By virtue of their common humanity, a mother and her unborn baby share an equal right to life,” he said.“Where a seriously-ill pregnant woman needs medical treatment which may put the life of her baby at risk, such treatments are ethically permissible provided every effort has been made to save the life of both the mother and her baby.”
What a lying sack of crap this guy is. The CC has stated in NO uncertain terms that an abortion CANNOT be used to save the life of the mother! Women are sacrificial! Always have been to this bunch of boys!
Sadly, this callous indifference on the part of the catholic church is NO surprise to me at all. As far as this TOXIC institution is concerned, women are of no importance to them unless they want to reproduce. Let's remember that this toxic church refuses the right of women to use contraception to prevent unwanted pregnancy as well.

It's one of the reasons why I kicked the toxic baggage of the rcc to the curb over 25 years ago, and haven't regretted that decision for a second. Why ANY woman would want to let a bunch of male clerics in dresses make her sexual and reproductive choices FOR her is beyond me.

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

I'm not crazy about the idea of abortion, but there are worse things. I've never had one, but to the folks here who torment those who have - you're completely ignoring Jesus' teaching that if a person truly repents, they are forgiven!

Worse things may include making fun of SICK people...Jesus would really love you for that! It can happen to you too, you know. Many of you self-proclaimed "religious" are the most vicious and vindictive. You think you won't have to answer for that some day??

“The Black Mermaid”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sadly, this callous indifference on the part of the catholic church is NO surprise to me at all. As far as this TOXIC institution is concerned, women are of no importance to them unless they want to reproduce. Let's remember that this toxic church refuses the right of women to use contraception to prevent unwanted pregnancy as well.
It's one of the reasons why I kicked the toxic baggage of the rcc to the curb over 25 years ago, and haven't regretted that decision for a second. Why ANY woman would want to let a bunch of male clerics in dresses make her sexual and reproductive choices FOR her is beyond me.
Can't say I blame you for leaving! The church has no regard for women. In fact, I think they "idolize" Mary to say "See? We LOVE a woman!"

“The Black Mermaid”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't say I blame you for leaving! The church has no regard for women. In fact, I think they "idolize" Mary to say "See? We LOVE a woman!"
See all the icons from the Mary worshipers!

“The Black Mermaid”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

Sherlayne wrote:
I'm not crazy about the idea of abortion, but there are worse things. I've never had one, but to the folks here who torment those who have - you're completely ignoring Jesus' teaching that if a person truly repents, they are forgiven!
Worse things may include making fun of SICK people...Jesus would really love you for that! It can happen to you too, you know. Many of you self-proclaimed "religious" are the most vicious and vindictive. You think you won't have to answer for that some day??
I'm gonna add something to the nasty "Catholics" - I guess you don't believe that Jesus can/will forgive sins with true contrition. Hypocrites!
oral roberts

Cranston, RI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>I'm gonna add something to the nasty "Catholics" - I guess you don't believe that Jesus can/will forgive sins with true contrition. Hypocrites!
If only the RRC fought to end child molesting in their ranks this hard. Of course less abortions would mean more kids in orphanages. That would swell the ranks of the priests dating pool. Plus the child labor in the laundries that's cash in the pocket.
Sherlayne

Andover, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

oral roberts wrote:
<quoted text>
If only the RRC fought to end child molesting in their ranks this hard. Of course less abortions would mean more kids in orphanages. That would swell the ranks of the priests dating pool. Plus the child labor in the laundries that's cash in the pocket.
Again, you tell it like it is. The church's attitude toward women having sex is only that they want them to reproduce like animals; heaven forbid a woman should ENJOY sex. Animals do it only at procreation time and that's what the sexist church wants. So WHY are so many priests molesting little boys? Have they found a miraculous way for THEM to reproduce? LOL
Ocean56

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

Sherlayne wrote:
The church's attitude toward women having sex is only that they want them to reproduce like animals; heaven forbid a woman should ENJOY sex. Animals do it only at procreation time and that's what the sexist church wants. So WHY are so many priests molesting little boys? Have they found a miraculous way for THEM to reproduce? LOL
Exactly. And I don't think its attitude toward women has changed one bit since the toxic catholic church opened its doors. To the church, women are chattel, nothing more. It also calls all non-procreative sexual acts "sins," since they don't lead directly to pregnancy, and forbids all forms of reliable birth control.

No matter how much the catholic church or any OTHER church whines about it, motherhood is still OPTIONAL, not required, even if a pregnancy happens. Which means a woman can opt OUT of motherhood if she doesn't want pregnancy or children ever, or if she is DONE having kids and doesn't want any more.

Minneapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. And I don't think its attitude toward women has changed one bit since the toxic catholic church opened its doors. To the church, women are chattel, nothing more. It also calls all non-procreative sexual acts "sins," since they don't lead directly to pregnancy, and forbids all forms of reliable birth control.
No matter how much the catholic church or any OTHER church whines about it, motherhood is still OPTIONAL, not required, even if a pregnancy happens. Which means a woman can opt OUT of motherhood if she doesn't want pregnancy or children ever, or if she is DONE having kids and doesn't want any more.
Hard to believe that any woman would follow this foolish backwards draconian bunch of boys! They really must lack self respect and education.

Seriously Ocean, it boggles my mind that any common sense female would bow to these cretins!
Ocean56

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

Morgana 9 wrote:
Hard to believe that any woman would follow this foolish backwards draconian bunch of boys! They really must lack self respect and education.
Seriously Ocean, it boggles my mind that any common sense female would bow to these cretins!
Agreed, Morgana, it boggles my mind too, especially when they could easily kick the toxic baggage of the catholic church to the curb permanently. Since the U.S. doesn't allow the cc or any other church to make our laws, women are free to reject this toxic church with NO penalties whatsoever.

I kicked the baggage of catholicism to the curb over 20 years ago, and been delightfully FREE of its toxicity ever since. I am very thankful that many other women and men over the last two decades have done the same.

“The Black Mermaid”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are 100% right and you said it well! Thank you.
SHYKORA ARTs paul

Calgary, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

..HOGWASH....Soooooooooooooooo oooo much ..HATRED,here...again...(-)... eh..

Minneapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

SHYKORA ARTs paul wrote:
..HOGWASH....Soooooooooooooooo oooo much ..HATRED,here...again...(-)... eh..
Hatred begets hatred, and the CC is full of it.
oral roberts

Cranston, RI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>Hatred begets hatred, and the CC is full of it.
He follows whatever they say without question no matter what.

“The Black Mermaid”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Sherlayne wrote:
Hmmm...interesting. I say I don't like abortion and get nasty icons. Shall I say from now on that I DO approve of it, oh ye hypocrites? I don't like it, but I will not judge, I am NOT God, like some of you obviously think you are! Jesus says true contrition is enough for one's sins to be forgiven, but you don't live by that, do you??

“The Black Mermaid”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hatred begets hatred, and the CC is full of it.
Morgana - the RCC is a black & white institution in a gray world. No compromising, ever.

“The Black Mermaid”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Know how to get rid of most of the hatred here? Ship yada u off to a leper colony, LOL.
oral roberts

Cranston, RI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Sherlayne wrote:
Know how to get rid of most of the hatred here? Ship yada u off to a leper colony, LOL.
Think of the lepers they have never seen such an idiot. Can the leper populous handle such a creature? Is there a way to protect the lepers from such idiocy?

“The Black Mermaid”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

oral roberts wrote:
<quoted text>
Think of the lepers they have never seen such an idiot. Can the leper populous handle such a creature? Is there a way to protect the lepers from such idiocy?
You're right! I thoughtlessly showed no concern for the lepers.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Users are viewing the Roman Catholic Church Forum right now

Search the Roman Catholic Church Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 10 min June VanDerMark 532,640
Comment: Let's allow Christians to have their v... 33 min Belle Sexton 986
Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 1 hr Alex WM 199,620
NPR Boosts Plight of Catholic School Teacher Fi... 6 hr Dan 187
Saint of the Day thread (May '10) 11 hr MichelleMC 2,398
More 23 hr True Christian witness 2
27-May-13 - Filipino Bishops Call for 'Truth Co... (May '13) 23 hr ELIAS IBARRA 68
•••
•••