Share your joy of being Catholic
Catholic Girl

United States

#50627 Dec 17, 2012
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholic Girl, I'm not feeling well tonight, going to bed early, might get up later. I don't know why, but yada u doesn't like you and I being friends. I have never turned on you and I never will. You're a good soul. If I disagree, it's with the church (that I used to belong to), not you. See ya later or tomorrow. I think you're a good influence on everybody.
No need to explain, I understand. We are still friends, are we not? Of course we are. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, beliefs, this is still America. Hope you feel better.
This Christmas is new bundle of joys first. Wonderful, give him a hug from me when you can. Hope hubby is doing better. Always in my prayers,
paul shykora arts

Calgary, Canada

#50630 Dec 17, 2012
..BUT...Her...''HATE'' is showing,here...
paul shykora arts

Calgary, Canada

#50631 Dec 17, 2012
..JOY...Sold ''all'' of me..CHRISTMAS.. ART-CARD's,here....give much to the ..local ''selected'' charities....joy..dancing...'' hugs''...the Nun's ,here LOVE...ME...Other's,too..eh... laughing....singing...(+)...$s alom..shalom...yada u u
Catholic Girl

United States

#50632 Dec 18, 2012
paul shykora arts wrote:
She is really a nice person. Please show her some of your kindness.
gonond

Masontown, PA

#50633 Dec 18, 2012

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#50634 Dec 24, 2012
paul shykora arts wrote:
And it always will because she is an enemy of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Tonight Catholics all around the world gather to proclaim the wonder of our Lord Jesus Christ's birth.

None of us should be in "harmony" with those who hate His Church and have mocked Him as she has done.

Until this woman can apologize for the blasphemy she has spewed against the Lord, she should be shunned and handed over to Satan.

Those who wish her well are in league with the darker forces which she has aligned herself.
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#50635 Dec 24, 2012
Here is the story of the 12 days of Christmas.

In England between 1558 & 1829 it was a crime just to be a Catholic. Even a scrap of paper with Catholic teaching written on it could have dire consequences. Catholics devised "catechism songs" with lyrics having a hidden symbolic meaning to teach the faith to their children.

The 12 days are the days between Christmas and the Epiphany, Jan. 6.

The True Love in the song refers to God; the "me" who receives the presents is the baptized Catholic.

These are the gifts: The partridge in a pear tree is Jesus Christ., the Son of God, on the tree of the cross.

The mother partridge when her brood is threatened by a predator, will pretend injury to draw attention away from her helpless chicks.
The Partridge also recalls Christs sadness over the fate of Jerusalmen and all who ignore his gift of salvation. "Oh Jerusalem how often would I have sheltered you under my wings, as a hen does her chicks, but you would not!"

Two turtle doves are the Old and New Testaments of the bible.

Three French hens represent the Trinity, three persons (Father, Son & Holy Spirit) in one God, as well as the theological virtues of faith, hope and charity.

Four calling birds,are the four evangelists who wrote the the Gospels; Mathew, Mark, Luke & John.

Five Golden Rings are the first five books of the Old Testament.

Six Geese a laying recall the six days of creation.

Seven Swans a swimming bring to mind A) the seven sacraments B) the seven gifts of the Holy Spirity c) the seven coporal &spiritual works of mercy.

Eight maids a milking are the eight beatitudes.

Nine ladies dancing represent the nine fruits of the Holy Spirit

Ten Lords a leaping are the 10 Commandments.

Eleven pipers piping are the eleven apostles (excluding Judas) who proclaimed the Gospel to all the Nations.

12 drummers drumming are the twelve points of doctrine in the Apostles Creed.

When you hear or sing this song during this Holy Season, remember where it came from and its meaning.
wondering

Charlotte, NC

#50636 Dec 24, 2012
DayStorm wrote:
<quoted text>
Tonight Catholics all around the world gather to proclaim the wonder of our Lord Jesus Christ's birth.
None of us should be in "harmony" with those who hate His Church and have mocked Him as she has done.
Until this woman can apologize for the blasphemy she has spewed against the Lord, she should be shunned and handed over to Satan.
Those who wish her well are in league with the darker forces which she has aligned herself.
I can think of no better time to forgive than the night of Jesus birth. What better way to honor him than an act of charity?
towncrier

Alpharetta, GA

#50637 Jan 21, 2013
DayStorm wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, yep! In bed with the devil they are!

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#50638 Jan 23, 2013
paul shykora arts wrote:
YOU HAVE NO ROOM TO TALK, YOU BIGGEST HATER OF ALL! AND YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING!
paul SHYKORA arts

Calgary, Canada

#50639 Jan 24, 2013
Catholic Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
She is really a nice person. Please show her some of your kindness.
..Vhaaat??...No...
paul SHYKORA arts

Calgary, Canada

#50640 Jan 24, 2013
DayStorm wrote:
<quoted text>
...most agree,here...eh..
paul SHYKORA arts

Calgary, Canada

#50641 Jan 24, 2013
paul shykora arts wrote:
..JOY...Sold ''all'' of me..CHRISTMAS.. ART-CARD's,here....give much to the ..local ''selected'' charities....joy..dancing...'' hugs''...the Nun's ,here LOVE...ME...Other's,too..eh... laughing....singing...(+)...$s alom..shalom...yada u u
..sold out ...ART...everything here.....joy....

Location hidden

#50642 Jan 28, 2013
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
I can think of no better time to forgive than the night of Jesus birth. What better way to honor him than an act of charity?
How are you honoring Jesus if you just give someone a free pass on sin without REPENTANCE?

My friend, you don't know the biblical model for forgiveness. In fact, you are quite ignorant of it.

When Jesus said that if your brother comes to you and REPENTS 70x&7 you are to forgive him/her. This woman has never repented of her sins against God or the Church. Therefore, anyone that slapdash forgives her of her sins, is not only complicit in them, they are an enabler of her sins.

“The Black Mermaid”

Location hidden

#50643 Jan 28, 2013
DayStorm wrote:
<quoted text>
How are you honoring Jesus if you just give someone a free pass on sin without REPENTANCE?
My friend, you don't know the biblical model for forgiveness. In fact, you are quite ignorant of it.
When Jesus said that if your brother comes to you and REPENTS 70x&7 you are to forgive him/her. This woman has never repented of her sins against God or the Church. Therefore, anyone that slapdash forgives her of her sins, is not only complicit in them, they are an enabler of her sins.
Hi Dan, I ask your forgiveness; as I'd told you I got my Dan's mixed up and I'm honestly sorry...so, even though I was wrong wil you accept my apology?

Location hidden

#50644 Jan 28, 2013
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Dan, I ask your forgiveness; as I'd told you I got my Dan's mixed up and I'm honestly sorry...so, even though I was wrong wil you accept my apology?
Um.. you're still mixed up. I'm not Dan and you're still not repenting of your blasphemies against God or the Church.

“The Black Mermaid”

Location hidden

#50646 Jan 29, 2013
DayStorm wrote:
<quoted text>
Um.. you're still mixed up. I'm not Dan and you're still not repenting of your blasphemies against God or the Church.
My mistake obviously. But uh...what blasphemies? I may disagree with your perfect church, but that's an institution, NOT God. And am I the ONLY non-Catholic here? Not by a long shot. As far as Dan or DayStorm, I think I posted to the wrong person, my fault again.

“The Black Mermaid”

Location hidden

#50647 Jan 29, 2013
DayStorm, I did mistakenly post to you. Sorry...again!

And for your info, not agreeing with a certain church's teachings isn't blasphemy. If it were, you'd be guilty of blasphemy when it came to believing in any religion other than the one you belong to. However, I wouldn't accuse you of blaspheming God, just disagreeing with a certain religion, no more than that. Take Protestants, for instance - they don't believe in the Real Presence but i don't think that makes them blasphemers.
paul SHYKORA arts

Calgary, Canada

#50648 Jan 29, 2013
DayStorm wrote:
<quoted text>
...yes...
Wanda

Greenville, SC

#50649 Feb 1, 2013
DayStorm wrote:
<quoted text>
There are too many today that think that no one has to repent. It's terrible how many have left the bible, Jesus' teaching and that of the Church.

This self absorbed, self seeking society thinks they can have their cake and eat it too. They don't want to repent. They are too busy sinning to work on any improvement to their souls.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Roman Catholic Church Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 47 min guest 691,908
News Pope urges compassion from politicians who fan ... 21 hr Frindly 2
News Four more men accuse priest of sexual abuse (Jan '08) Sun Goldie Barbosa 1,752
News Pope wants better translation of phrase on temp... Dec 9 Frindly 6
News Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) Dec 7 Mr goody two shoes 256,266
need help with bus ticket (Feb '11) Dec 7 Jose 39
Holy Days of Obligation Dec 7 Chet 1
More from around the web