Filipino bishops: We will strip Catho...

Filipino bishops: We will strip Catholic status if schools defy Church teaching

There are 435 comments on the DFW Catholic story from Aug 21, 2012, titled Filipino bishops: We will strip Catholic status if schools defy Church teaching. In it, DFW Catholic reports that:

Catholic schools that fail to uphold Church teaching may be stripped of their affiliation with the Church, the Catholic Bishops' Conference of the Philippines warned last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at DFW Catholic.

ELIAS IBARRA

Guam

#108 Nov 17, 2012
ChaunceyGardiner wrote:
I see that no one can address the Bible verses I quoted. LOL!
It is pretty funny that our INC cult clowns conveniently forget that the NT was written over a couple centuries. No credible scholar believes that one man wrote each of the four books attributed to them. They concede that many men took what was told to them and transcribed it. Basic research shows that Mary, the mother of Christ, began to be venerated in the third or fourth century. This would be shortly after the original Bible books were completed. Few can deny that they have displayed reverence for Mary for almost two milennia. How old is the INC cult?
Base Gardiner,

You make me laugh!!! Where did you get the info that the New Testament was written just some two hundred years ago??? Your Tuskegee syphilis is warping your brain!!!

If you cannot write in English, then, just stop posting!!! TOPIX for sure does not like an ignoramus!!!

Only the spurious Catholic religion displayed reverence for Mary!!! Mary was never worshipped by the the first-century Christians or primitive Christianity!!!

The Iglesia ni Cristo worships only one true God and not the Holy Trinity and Mary!!!

And for your info, the Church of Christ is older than the Roman Catholic Church:

"5. Did Jesus Christ establish a Church? Yes, from all history, both secular and profane, as well as from the Bible considered as a human document, we learn that Jesus Christ established a Church, which from the earliest times has been called after Him the Christian Church or the Church of Christ."

Reference:[Cassilly, Francis B., S.J. Religion: Doctrine and Practice. For Use in Catholic High Schools pp. 442-443. Twelfth and Revised Edition. USA: Loyola University Press, 1926

"This Church, founded and organized by Christ and preached by the apostles is the Church of Christ....It is the only true Church, and the one which God orders all men to join."

Reference:[Cassilly, Francis B., S.J. Religion: Doctrine and Practice. For Use in Catholic High Schools pp. 329-330. Twelfth and Revised Edition. USA: Loyola University Press, 1926

Real Elias Ibarra
Guam

Since: Feb 11

Nearer than you would like

#109 Nov 19, 2012
Wow...I asked our Guam based punching bag for ANY evidence that God communicated with Felix the Adulter and all he provided was a verse from Isaiah that has been claimed by countless 'messengers' as referring to them. There is no proof that Felix did anything more than steal the basis for his cult from Joseph Smith. End of story.

Rizalino likes to mix and match Bible translations, as does his cult. He also tries to imply that privately written books speak for religious leadership. It is INC duplicity in evidence.

A week ago, I noted that Rizalino embraces some Bible authors while ridiculing those who translate differently. I noted that the inscription above Jesus on the cross involves one such convenient denial. Rizalino claims the original Bible was written in Aramaic when embracing the Lamsa Bible.

What does your beloved George Lamsa say? His translation of John 19:20 states that "...it was written in Hebrew and in Greek and in Roman."

Nope, in addition to not knowing that the Roman language is called Latin, he did not say the inscription was written in Aramaic. Was he wrong?

How about Moffat? Rizalino likes to pretend that Moffat correctly refers to a distant east as relative to the INC heralding from the Philippines.

Yet, your beloved James Moffat also translated John 19:20 without mentioning Aramaic. "Now many of the Jews read this inscription, for the place where Jesus had been crucified was close to the city; besides, the inscription was in Hebrew, Latin, and Greek." Was he wrong?

I want to thank you for demostrating your duplicity and cult's insistence on obfuscation. The uneducated and insecure may be fooled by clouding up the facts but the vast majority of the world sees teh INc for what it is, an evil cult.
ELIAS IBARRA

Yigo, Guam

#110 Jul 21, 2013
ChaunceyGardiner wrote:
Wow...I asked our Guam based punching bag for ANY evidence that God communicated with Felix the Adulter and all he provided was a verse from Isaiah that has been claimed by countless 'messengers' as referring to them. There is no proof that Felix did anything more than steal the basis for his cult from Joseph Smith. End of story.
Rizalino likes to mix and match Bible translations, as does his cult. He also tries to imply that privately written books speak for religious leadership. It is INC duplicity in evidence.
A week ago, I noted that Rizalino embraces some Bible authors while ridiculing those who translate differently. I noted that the inscription above Jesus on the cross involves one such convenient denial. Rizalino claims the original Bible was written in Aramaic when embracing the Lamsa Bible.
What does your beloved George Lamsa say? His translation of John 19:20 states that "...it was written in Hebrew and in Greek and in Roman."
Nope, in addition to not knowing that the Roman language is called Latin, he did not say the inscription was written in Aramaic. Was he wrong?
How about Moffat? Rizalino likes to pretend that Moffat correctly refers to a distant east as relative to the INC heralding from the Philippines.
Yet, your beloved James Moffat also translated John 19:20 without mentioning Aramaic. "Now many of the Jews read this inscription, for the place where Jesus had been crucified was close to the city; besides, the inscription was in Hebrew, Latin, and Greek." Was he wrong?
I want to thank you for demostrating your duplicity and cult's insistence on obfuscation. The uneducated and insecure may be fooled by clouding up the facts but the vast majority of the world sees teh INc for what it is, an evil cult.
Cretin Atheist,

Cite your reference including the pages of what you are posting!!! Do not use the idea of others!!! You still cannot get out from your 19 guesses when you took the ASVAB test!!! Proof of your low I.Q.: Hen = Check!!!

Real Elias Ibarra
Guam
lol

San Francisco, CA

#115 Jul 21, 2013
Where is humility as a good INC???? You are sooooooooooooooo feeling intimidated with the opinions of other.

The World needs your prayer and so with the rest of INC!

Since: Feb 11

Nearer than you would like

#116 Jul 21, 2013
ELIAS IBARRA wrote:
<quoted text>
Cretin Atheist,
Cite your reference including the pages of what you are posting!!! Do not use the idea of others!!! You still cannot get out from your 19 guesses when you took the ASVAB test!!! Proof of your low I.Q.: Hen = Check!!!
Real Elias Ibarra
Guam
Bwahahahahahaha! I just cited numerous examples of your duplicity. You copy and paste the words of others but when I do it, you whine about being fair. It is little wonder why you have been my bitch for half a decade now.

If my ASVAB was 19, that makes it thirteen points higher than yours. It is little wonder you wound up Bug Chicken Dinner. Offering to blow other cook's mates in the cooler didn't make up for your lack of ability and education, huh? It's a good thing that the INC cherishes your skillset.

Carry on.
amcummer

Minneapolis, MN

#117 Jul 21, 2013
Filipino bishops are the dumbest creatures on earth who preach what they wouldn't do like populate the land without control and then complain why there are still many poor people. Maybe the bishops want a totalitarian communism.

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#118 Jul 21, 2013
Maybe Communism wouldnt be such a bad idea in Philippines. It would take away so much crime.

Communism itself is not a bad idea...the way governments controlled it was what made it bad.

I remember in macroeconomics a discussion was made by our professor how Communism works for a period of time but then should slowly be transitioned into Capitalism.

Problem is, countries who have been established with Capitalism can not turn back.

If Marcos was not such a fascist and dishonest, he could have brought some economic glory to Philippines.

I saw a special on Imelda Marcos and how she is making some sort of a comeback in Philippines. I dont think I have ever seen anyone so shallow and dishonest. How people let her live the lavish lifestyle that she does in Philippines is beyond me. And then to think that she has supporters...sheesh!
observer

Rolling Meadows, IL

#119 Jul 21, 2013
amcummer wrote:
Filipino bishops are the dumbest creatures on earth who preach what they wouldn't do like populate the land without control and then complain why there are still many poor people. Maybe the bishops want a totalitarian communism.
All bishops and priest should be castrated.They enter the priesthood with that loaded gun and start molesting kids right off the bat.It would save the catholic church alot of money. FYI.

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#120 Jul 21, 2013
Of course not all bishops and priests are molesting children. That is like saying all black people deal drugs. It just isnt true. There are some bad ones that make them all look bad. It is unfair and immature to put a label on a group like that.

The ones who are molesting should be prosecuted at the fullest extent of the law. There should be no buying them out of trouble.
israelNOTpinas

Makati, Philippines

#121 Jul 21, 2013
ELIAS IBARRA wrote:
<quoted text>

And for your info, the Church of Christ is older than the Roman Catholic Church:

Real Elias Ibarra
Guam
Wow.... Bravo and Magnifico...

Do Members of Iglesia ni Cristo true church present during the Inquisition?

You are Ignoramus... you are 99 years old this July 27, 2013 this saturday///

You Connect yourself to the First century Church...

You make us ALL Laugh INM Clown Fish... You must not celebrate your Centenial Birth next year because you are Indeed a DATE TWISTER////

Felix Manalo Twisted the date of his marriage May 9- May 10
Felix Manalo Twisted the Birth of the New Era - Erano January 2
Felix Manalo Twisted the date of INK Registration to 1913- 1914.

A Twisted Fox church is Indeed a CULT!!!
nyg

Peterborough, Canada

#122 Jul 21, 2013
INC older than the Roman Catholic Church?

Elias will be having a butt pirate party grinding on Jose Ventilacion and his deacons on July 27 to celebrate the 99th anniversary of his cult. You know, July 27 the day before World War I began.

Yes, 99 years. 1914. Not 33AD when the Catholic church was established. lol.

That makes sense.
ELIAS IBARRA

Guam

#123 Jul 31, 2013
lol wrote:
Where is humility as a good INC???? You are sooooooooooooooo feeling intimidated with the opinions of other.
The World needs your prayer and so with the rest of INC!
Lol,

We are very proud of what the Iglesia ni Cristo has accomplished through the years!!! We have to inform the darkening world that there is hope for salvation in the true Church of Christ as authenticated by Catholic and Protestant authorities:

"This Church, founded and organized by Christ and preached by the apostles is the Church of Christ....It is the only true Church, and the one which God orders all men to join."

Reference:[Cassilly, Francis B., S.J. Religion: Doctrine and Practice. For Use in Catholic High Schools pp. 329-330. Twelfth and Revised Edition. USA: Loyola University Press, 1926

"....the Church of Christ today must be in nature, in power, in teaching, what it was when it served men through the twelve apostles. It is to this Church that all are obliged to belong in order to be saved. Those people who, though doubtful, deliberately refuse to join it, cannot be saved."

Reference:(Father Smith Instructs Jackson, pp. 60-61)

A Protestant author says:
"...Christ predicted the founding of a new congregation or churcn, a Divine institution that should continue His work on earth. Matt. 16:18. This is the Church of Christ..."

"...hinulaan ni Cristo ang pagtatag ng isang bagong kongregasyon o Iglesia, isang institusyong sa Diyos na dapat magpatuloy ng Kaniyang gawain sa mundo. Mat. 16:18. Ito ang Iglesia ni Cristo ..."

Reference:[Pearlman, Myer. Knowing the Doctrines of the Bible, p.349. Springfield, Missouri, USA: Gospel Publishing House, 1937, 1981.]

Real Elias Ibarra
Guam
ELIAS IBARRA

Guam

#124 Jul 31, 2013
ChaunceyGardiner wrote:
<quoted text>
Bwahahahahahaha! I just cited numerous examples of your duplicity. You copy and paste the words of others but when I do it, you whine about being fair. It is little wonder why you have been my bitch for half a decade now.
If my ASVAB was 19, that makes it thirteen points higher than yours. It is little wonder you wound up Bug Chicken Dinner. Offering to blow other cook's mates in the cooler didn't make up for your lack of ability and education, huh? It's a good thing that the INC cherishes your skillset.
Carry on.
Cretin Atheist,

You did not cite any reference!!! What you posted are the fabrications of your syphilitic brain!!! Hen >>> Check!!!

Real Elias Ibarra
Guam

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#125 Jul 31, 2013
You are in a cult Elias.
ELIAS IBARRA

Guam

#126 Jul 31, 2013
amcummer wrote:
Filipino bishops are the dumbest creatures on earth who preach what they wouldn't do like populate the land without control and then complain why there are still many poor people. Maybe the bishops want a totalitarian communism.
Amcummer,

Catholicism indeed embraced communism under the so-called Liberation Theology!!! Their false Christ started having carried the hammer and the sickle instead of the cross!!!

Catholic priests in the Philippines are known to had joined leftist organizations such as Balweg, Ortega, and Agatep!!! They ambushed Catholic government troops and may be doing it until now!!!

Real Elias Ibarra
Guam
ELIAS IBARRA

Guam

#127 Jul 31, 2013
TheRealOzzy wrote:
Maybe Communism wouldnt be such a bad idea in Philippines. It would take away so much crime.
Communism itself is not a bad idea...the way governments controlled it was what made it bad.
I remember in macroeconomics a discussion was made by our professor how Communism works for a period of time but then should slowly be transitioned into Capitalism.
Problem is, countries who have been established with Capitalism can not turn back.
If Marcos was not such a fascist and dishonest, he could have brought some economic glory to Philippines.
I saw a special on Imelda Marcos and how she is making some sort of a comeback in Philippines. I dont think I have ever seen anyone so shallow and dishonest. How people let her live the lavish lifestyle that she does in Philippines is beyond me. And then to think that she has supporters...sheesh!
Ozzy,

The Roman Catholic Church is by itself a supporter of Fascim!!! She supported the Fascist Benito Mussolini of Italy and Francisco Franco of Spain!!! In fact, Mussolini was praised by Catholic authorities as someone sent by God:

In 1870, the pope lost the Papal States, that broad piece of territory in Central Italy which Pepin, King of the Franks, had bestowed on the papacy in the 8th century. Italy had unified, grabbed this territory, sent troops to occupy Rome and claimed sovereignity over it. The pope refused to recognize this seizure and thus arose the "Roman Question" which became a thorn in the side of the new State of Italy.

The government of Italian dictator Benito Mussolini found it necessary to come to terms with the pope and on February 11, 1929, the Lateran Agreement was signed:

"By the Lateran Agreement the Italian State renounced all claim to Vatican Territory in Rome; and the Vatican City became an independent sovereign state with an area of 108.7 acres (a little bigger than St. James's Park). In return for a money payment, the Vatican for its part renounced all claim to the previous Papal States.

"It stipulated that the Vatican should receive 750 million lire in cash, and 1000 million lire in Italian five percent consolidated stock." (The Vatican in the Age of the Dictators[1922-1945], p. 45)

As a result of this concordat, Mussolini was praised to high heavens by the Catholic Church hierarchy. Cardinal Ascalise described Mussolini as the "renewer of the fatherland who had rescued Italy from the humiliations of Versailles"; Cardinal Enrico Gasparri said: "Only one man in the present world chaos has a clear view -- Mussolini"; the pope himself referred to Mussolini as "the man sent by Providence" (Ibid., p.46).

When Mussolini attacked Abyssinia on October 3, 1935, the Pope "made no declaration beyond the oracular one desiring 'Peace based on Truth, Justice, and Charity''(Ibid., p.72).

Reference: Rhodes, Anthony. The Vatican in the Age of Dictators (1922-1945)). New York: Holt, Rinehart and Winston, 1973.

Real Elias Ibarra
Guam
ELIAS IBARRA

Guam

#128 Jul 31, 2013
observer wrote:
<quoted text> All bishops and priest should be castrated.They enter the priesthood with that loaded gun and start molesting kids right off the bat.It would save the catholic church alot of money. FYI.
Observer,

Yes, with priestly child molestations in the United States some Catholic archdiocese went bankrupt!!! But still the Catholic Church is laden with graft and corruption and priestly castrations would not be enough:

"In contemporary history one is reminded again of the scandals in the center of Roman Catholicism. Bank scandals, counterfeiting, laundering of Mafia money from illegal business,(Narcotics, prostitution, kidnapping, etc.) name it you have it, kickbacks, hidden wealth-connections with the Mafia, the CIA, Communists and subtle hypocritical connections within the P2 (Propaganda Due-a secret and powerful Masonic Group headed by Licio Gelli).

"The graft and corruption involves billions of dollars. All these eventually leads to the untimely and tragic death of Pope John 1 (Albino Cardinal Luciani) who occupied the papacy for only 33 days ending on September 28, 1978. Research and formal investigations show evidences to murder!"

Reference:(Fajardo, Reynaldo T. Bulletin Today, April 16, 1986, p. 8.)

The real solution is to abandon the Roman Catholic Church and not to take part of her abominations!!!

Real Elias Ibarra
Guam
ELIAS IBARRA

Guam

#129 Jul 31, 2013
TheRealOzzy wrote:
Of course not all bishops and priests are molesting children. That is like saying all black people deal drugs. It just isnt true. There are some bad ones that make them all look bad. It is unfair and immature to put a label on a group like that.
The ones who are molesting should be prosecuted at the fullest extent of the law. There should be no buying them out of trouble.
Ozzy,

Priestly molestations are not only confined to children!!! Women and nuns are also their victims!!! To prevent from acquiring H.I.V., Catholic priests in Africa used nuns as condoms!!!

Real Elias Ibarra
Guam

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#130 Jul 31, 2013
LOL...your ramblings are some of the most ridiculous things on Topix! BWAHAHAHHAHA What is even more funny is that you believe the spew that comes from your head HAHAHAHAHA

I bet you are excited for Thursday, eh? It is handjob Thursday and Jose cant wait too!
ELIAS IBARRA

Guam

#131 Jul 31, 2013
israelNOTpinas wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow.... Bravo and Magnifico...
Do Members of Iglesia ni Cristo true church present during the Inquisition?
You are Ignoramus... you are 99 years old this July 27, 2013 this saturday///
IgnoramusIsraelNOTpinas,

Of course they were present!!! They were the first victims of Roman state and Catholic Inquisitions:

Whom does history prove killed the first members of the Church of Christ? In Halley's Bible handbook, on pages 761-762, this is stated:

"Domitian (A.D. 95). Domitian instituted a persecution against Christians. It was short, but extremely violent. Many thousands were slain.

"Trajan (A.D. 98-117). Christianity was regarded as an illegal religion, Christians were not sought out, but when accused were punished.

"Marcus Aurelius (161-180)... he encouraged persecution of Christians. It was cruel and barbarous, the severest since Nero. Many thousands were beheaded or thrown to wild beasts,...

The men mentioned above who persecuted, caused sufferings for, and killed the first Christians were all emperors of the Roman Empire. They are the fulfillment of the prophet Ezekiel's prophecy about fierce wolves who would tear apart the flock.

Aside from the emperors of the Roman Empire, who else persecuted, caused sufferings for, and killed the early Christians? On page 770 of the same book, it says:

"Leo l (A.D. 440-461),... He proclaimed himself Lord of the Whole Church; advocated Exclusive Universal Papacy; said that Resistance to his authority was a Sure Way to Hell; advocated Death Penalty for heresy."

Pope Leo l proclaimed himself as lord of the whole Church. He advocated exclusive papacy. He said that resistance to his authority was a sure way to hell.. He decided that the punishment for heresy would be death.

What did the popes of the Catholic Church use as an instrument to kill heretics or those who objected to thier doctrines? On page 777, this is declared:

"Innocent lll (1198-1216). Most powerful of all the Popes .... Ordered the Extermination of Heretics, Instituted the Inquisition.

"The Inquisition called the 'Holy Office,' was instituted by Pope Innocent lll, and perfected under the second following Pope, Gregory lX. It was the Church Court for Detection and Punishment of Heretics. Under it everyone was required to inform against heretics. Anyone suspected is liable to torture, without knowing the name of his accuser. The proceedings were secret. The Inquisitor pronounced sentence, and the victim was turned over to Civil Authorities to be imprisoned for life, or to be burned."

Real Elias Ibarra
Guam

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Roman Catholic Church Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min Mirrormirorwall 683,793
News 'That's all he wanted': Spicer, a devout Cathol... Sat seemoregood 1
News Four more men accuse priest of sexual abuse (Jan '08) Fri Buttling Boys 1,717
News The pope praised him for providing for his pare... Jul 19 Laredo 3
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Jul 19 Dhimmi Democrat 33
News Here are 3 reasons why Catholic bishops are hol... Jul 19 seemoregood 1
...how to PROVE that Jesus EXISTED! Jul 17 Mini Me 1
More from around the web