Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

Apr 27, 2009 Full story: news.yahoo.com 16,104

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Full Story

Since: May 12

Bellevue, WA

#6005 Feb 14, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Hello darlin, its been a long time, good to see you, how are the twins?
Hi sweetie.... the twins are awesome, but still sore at times lol

“the end-times is now”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#6006 Feb 14, 2013
so you claim .. but I'll take Jesus' words over yours .. thank you for your opinion .. http://www.gty.org/MediaPlayer/sermons/43-11 .. have a great day

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#6007 Feb 14, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>They like to think of it as the Holy Spirit, But yeah, that is his claim. He spent some three years wandering around the deserts of Arabia talking with the resurrected Jesus.
So Paul, is wandering around the desert, with a dead guy, talking to him for three years????? We are supposed to buy that. ROFLMAO

“the end-times is now”

Location hidden

#6008 Feb 14, 2013
the post I just responding to is deleted .. sorry for mine now making no sense

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

#6009 Feb 14, 2013
His-truth wrote:
so you claim .. but I'll take Jesus' words over yours .. thank you for your opinion .. http://www.gty.org/MediaPlayer/sermons/43-11 .. have a great day
That would be nice if Jesus' words were available.

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

#6010 Feb 14, 2013
Talking snakes, Talking burning bushes, and a talking zombie??????????

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

#6011 Feb 14, 2013
Lililth_Satans_Bore wrote:
<quoted text>Hi sweetie.... the twins are awesome, but still sore at times lol
I have lotion, need a hand?

“the end-times is now”

Location hidden

#6012 Feb 14, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>So Paul, is wandering around the desert, with a dead guy, talking to him for three years????? We are supposed to buy that. ROFLMAO
not my responsibility for you to "buy" anything .. so be it unto you

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

#6013 Feb 14, 2013
His-truth wrote:
the post I just responding to is deleted .. sorry for mine now making no sense
Cool Beans most of us that post to christians are used to them not making any sense.

“Mystical Atheism for everyone!”

Since: Nov 08

El Cerrito California

#6014 Feb 14, 2013
His-truth wrote:
<quoted text>
well .. if Hell-fire is in the bible .. you can't call it "anti-Christian" ... try again
I can and do call it anti-Christian.

The Jewish Jesus followed the Hebrew scriptures. His whole message was about the OMNIPRESENT GOD that he demonstrated is unconditional LOVE.

The Greek scriptures did not even come into being until several generations after his death.

Paul was a Roman Citizen who distorted the message of Jesus to cater to Rome. Paul never met Jesus and his teachings pretty much contradicted the simple truth of our existence that is stated in a scripture rejected by paulists who mistakenly call themselves Christian:

Luke 17:21 (King James Version)

"21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you."

This includes all of life, none are left out.

Hellfire theology was not even added to the scriptures until the book of Revelation was added to the Roman canon by Emperor Justinian over the objections of the current pope at the time.

Emperor Justinian also outlawed the teaching of reincarnation which was a part of Christianity from it's inception.

Emperor Justinian's wife pointed out to him the usefulness of hellfire in controlling his subjects and the problem with reincarnation being something that he could not control are threaten people into submission with. He agreed with her that hellfire was much more useful in controlling his subjects.

You need to study the history of the Greek scriptures and their political reason for being created

Until than you are just another ignorant bible thumping Paulist!

If you want to be a Christian you need to understand the enlightened form of Judaism that Jesus taught.

We all need to get informed as to the evil nature of the Roman hoax of Christianity and it's many derivatives that deny the Jewish GOD and the Jewish Jesus and get involved in restoring true Christianity based on the OMNIPRESENT GOD of Israel to humanity that is even now being found to be in accord with the latest scientific findings concerning the nature of the Cosmos!

GOD is LOVE. WE are ALL ONE WITH GOD, even the unloving!

“the end-times is now”

Location hidden

#6015 Feb 14, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Cool Beans most of us that post to christians are used to them not making any sense.
REALLY .. those w/out the Spirit of God would not understand .. the Bible tells us so .. some call it "willful ignorance" but I think it's more of a Spiritual deadness .. however .. no surprize here ..

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

#6016 Feb 14, 2013
His-truth wrote:
<quoted text>
REALLY .. those w/out the Spirit of God would not understand .. the Bible tells us so .. some call it "willful ignorance" but I think it's more of a Spiritual deadness .. however .. no surprize here ..
The bible also speaks , killing our children, rape, and genocide and slavery, all of which god condones. Is that willful ignorance?

Bellevue, WA

#6017 Feb 14, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>I have lotion, need a hand?
yesss come over.. lol

El Cerrito California

#6018 Feb 14, 2013
His-truth wrote:
UM, Paul spent 3 years alone in the desert w/ Jesus ... I think he knows ...you should learn your Bible
Paul never even met Jesus. You should study the history of the political creation of the false form of Christianity that you are attempting to defend.

You think he knows. History disagrees with you.

If you want to understand what Jesus said you need to be familiar with the culture he was born into and the OMNIPRESENT GOD that is the foundation of his teachings.

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

#6019 Feb 14, 2013
Lililth_Satans_Bore wrote:
<quoted text>yesss come over.. lol
I am on it darlin

El Cerrito California

#6020 Feb 14, 2013
Here is a nice comparison between the teachings of Jesus and the teachings of Paul:

http://danizier.wordpress.com/2011/04/22/paul...

this paragraph from the above url caught my eye and is an answer to the constant barrage of hate here on this thread:

"Dr. Viktor Frankl, a German Jew who survived the Nazi concentration camps during the Holocaust, wrote in his book Man’s Search for Meaning of rare but remarkable examples of men in the concentration camps who, dying of hunger, still gave comfort, along with their last crusts of bread, to their fellow sufferers to alleviate their suffering.

Even torture and extreme deprivation could not cause them to abandon their deeply-felt compassion.

But those prisoners described by Frankl were Jewish. They haven’t confessed Jesus as their savior. Paul would consign them to hell (eternal torture —“fireboarding”?— worse than the universally condemned cruelty of waterboarding at Guantánamo Bay or Abu Ghraib) for even the slightest infraction) while Jesus would embrace them and count them among His sheep.

The same thing also applies to the many Buddhists, Hindus and Pagans who express deep compassion in their lives who Jesus’ teaching welcomes into Eternal Glory, but who Paul consigns to eternal flames of Hell.

Paul subverts Jesus’ joyful teaching of love and compassion and replaces it with a vision of eternal harshness and cruelty."

The hell fire and brimstone bible thumpers on this thread can call themselves Christian until the cows come home but the fact remains that these poor confused souls, burning in their hate, are Paulists!

Bellevue, WA

#6021 Feb 14, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>I am on it darlin
yesssss

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

Since: Aug 08

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

#6022 Feb 14, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Oh my, it was my parrents that gave me life. Some dead guy that was around 2000 years ago had nothing to do with it.
Ain't that the frucking truth........lol!!!

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

Since: Aug 08

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

#6024 Feb 14, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
Talking snakes, Talking burning bushes, and a talking zombie??????????
Don't forget the walking talking Cross from the tomb where Jesus was supposedly laid to rest......lol!!!

“the end-times is now”

Location hidden

#6025 Feb 14, 2013
I really like this from Paul (an Apostle of Jesus Christ) pbuh ).. As it is written ... God gave them a spirit of stupor (STUPID).. eyes so that they could not see and ears so that they could not hear .. to this very day ... And David says .. May their table become a snare and a trap .. a stumbling block and a retribution for them .... May their eyes be darkened so they cannot see .. and their backs be bent for ever .... Romans 11:08

Ain't that the freakn truth........lol!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Roman Catholic Church Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min Robert F 568,623
Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 14 min Cosmic Truth 209,648
St. Paul-Minneapolis Archdiocese files list of ... 2 hr woodtick57 1
The Holy Spirit 9 hr TheGhostLord 2
JESUS' HUMAN SIDE (Pt. 2). 10 hr TheGhostLord 2
Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays (Oct '07) 13 hr kent 219,501
Transgender man: I met with Pope Francis 13 hr TerryE 1
More from around the web