Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

Apr 27, 2009 | Posted by: SongBookz | Full story: news.yahoo.com

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Comments
2,341 - 2,360 of 16,105 Comments Last updated Aug 28, 2013

“Third Eye”

Since: Nov 10

You can't get there from here.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Born_Again_Christian wrote:
Rose
Apparently some can not read. The verses do not say both got naked go back and read 1 Samuel 20 and you will see. Homosexuals love to add to the Bible. So you never been in front of any of your friends naked except whom you have had sex with? Never been on an outing and rented a motel with good friends and changed clothes in front of them before bed? No sex involved. Some think cause you get naked you have to have sex. I feel sorry for people like this. Being naked is not a sin.
<quoted text>
Hey, I thought that was even creepy in school...

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

Since: Aug 08

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

BOLD wrote:
<quoted text>***None of your post are ever worth reading.*** Why is that???***Maybe you have little knowledge and even less common sense.***FACT!
Obviously they must be.....you read and responded......lol!!!

A turtle has more knowledge of Christianity than you do......lol!!!

“Jesus is Lord”

Since: Aug 11

Greenwood, Indiana

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Nettiebelle,
Are you paranoid that you think everyone is someone else? Preacherdude is just that Preacherdude. So you bare false witness against him unless you can prove they are both the same person.
<quoted text>
Thank you BAC, Jit Kan Do just live a few house's from me he also works for me at our Church. This is real easy to understand, but for some people they love to gossip and we all know what God says about gossip. Love you brother be bless in Jesus name The Preacherman01....

“Third Eye”

Since: Nov 10

You can't get there from here.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
I know what I've experienced, you don't.
True that...these on here try to debate faith (of which they know nothing about) and belittle ones experiences...again of which they know nothing about...

I liked your post about faith of which some of whom can't accept...

“Jesus is Lord”

Greenwood, Indiana

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
I see that you believe that a Pastor is GOD, because you THINK that YOU know God's message and you simply don't......you know the message you believe in and then you spread it to those whose beliefs are similar to yours and call them, "FACTS".......and there not!!!
Yes, Gays and Lesbians can be Christians, Lutherans, Catholics and a whole arrangement of other religious beliefs.......it is not YOUR PLACE TO TELL OTHERS HOW THEY CAN BELIEVE!!!
Sorry, but Gays and Lesbians ARE NOT GOING TO BURN IN HELL JUST BECAUSE YOU SAY SO......so, it's not a fact, just wishful thinking on your part!!!
No, you don't love Gays and Lesbians, you just believe that everyone should believe as you do and if they don't you condemn them to hell.........this makes you very unlike Jesus!!!
Yes, for those who believe in God, they/we will face God on OUR JUDGMENT DAY, and God will Judge us, but I guarantee this...GOD'S NOT asking you what He should be doing.......so, yep.....there are sinners in Heaven!!!
You may not bless any Wedding ceremony for a Same-Sex Couple......but that doesn't mean anything because if you are a licensed or Ordain Minister......when you marry someone and sign their wedding license you AREN'T marrying them for God.....but for the State!!!
Peace!!
FALSE FACT!!

“Jesus is Lord”

Greenwood, Indiana

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Dana,
God does need people like me because people like me will not sugar coat the gospel to make you feel good. Grace? Grace is about over and soon people like yourself who sit on the fence and are wishy washy with the Gospel will be told depart from me I never new you. I do not think I know a homosexual cannot be a Christian and it is my duty as a Christian to show them the error of their ways so they can have another chance to repent before hell fire. If you do not like that then ignore my post, but I am not here for you I am here to spread the news repent or burn.
<quoted text>
A BIG AMEN......

“Jesus is Lord”

Greenwood, Indiana

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

A person who walk in darkness, will grab at straw's

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Rose
Apparently some can not read. The verses do not say both got naked go back and read 1 Samuel 20 and you will see. Homosexuals love to add to the Bible. So you never been in front of any of your friends naked except whom you have had sex with? Never been on an outing and rented a motel with good friends and changed clothes in front of them before bed? No sex involved. Some think cause you get naked you have to have sex. I feel sorry for people like this. Being naked is not a sin.
<quoted text>
Ummm...no I do not get naked in front of friends...but we're learning a lot about you, Sister Christian...more than I wanted to know.

Fort Lauderdale FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Tony
There is no marriage between two men. God said for man to go and cleave to his wife not another man. You can sit here all day and excuse your homosexual lifestyle, but in the end God will not be mocked. You will find out that God meant what he said homosexuality is an abomination. It is a sexual sin. So who is the more feminine one of you two?
<quoted text>
You can deny it all you want, but the fact is we are married.

Neither of us are feminine. What brings on that weird question? That's two creepy posts from you already today. Do you drink early on weekends?

Fort Lauderdale FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Tony,
It will be you in for the big surprise one day when you find out God never made you that way. You made the choice to go into the gay lifestyle no one forced you to like a male nor did they force you to marry a male. If you are that blind that you cannot tell that homosexuality is not natural then I really do believe you are as blind as a bat. There is no sin in telling you to get out of sexual perversion which homosexuality is. Adultery, fornication, bestiality, incest, homosexuality, these are all sexual sins forbidden in the Bible.
<quoted text>
Well as long as you know everything, o arrogant one.

Let me be very clear about something: if I made a choice to be gay, that wouldn't change a thing. I would say so and I would still demand equality under the law.

The boring fact is I did not choose to be gay, and in fact I fought acknowledging that fact for 12 full years - so does that sound like a choice to you?

Please detail about the time you chose to be straight. Remember, in order to make a choice you must have more than one option, so you must have been attracted to both male and female, but consciously chose one or the other.

Otherwise admit nobody chooses their sexuality.

Fort Lauderdale FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

ThePreacherman01 wrote:
<quoted text> I have been a Pastor more then 20 years, I preach/teach the Bible in truth. I will not in any way water the word of God to fit anyone lifestyle. Same sex marriage and homosexuality, gays will all burn in hell that is just FACT. God never made anyone "gay" a lifestyle like that is by choice, and there is no such thing as a gay Christian.
My advice is if you got a lifestyle like this you better put a stop to it right now, or pay for it the hard way. I have told you the truth, no man made lies, I have done this in love, to help you now the choice is yours to do no one else. Your choice is hell or Heaven, you will face God and you will be judge on your lifestyle its all up to you!!
You haven't done anything in love, you just use whatever version of the bible you chose to justify your prejudice.

So your advice to me is to ignore the vow I made before God, to love, honor and cherish my husband til death do us part, leave him, sell our house, divide everything up, fight over the dog, and just go live by myself for the rest of my life? Yeah, that sounds productive. That sounds like what God wants for me. Not.

You don't know dick about God. I know a lot about both. Mind your own business and fix yourself first.

Fort Lauderdale FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

ThePreacherman01 wrote:
<quoted text> FALSE, from day one of the RCC was put on this earth by Satan not God. Do you understand what is going on in the RCC for the pass 40 or better. Preacher's are having sex with children. Now if you call that being a Christian, then there is something wrong with you girl real bad. Same sex marriage and gays is against the laws of God and those people will burn in hell for every FACT!!
So are you saying with a straight face that you think it only happens in Catholic churches and not other churches?

Too funny.

Fort Lauderdale FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

ThePreacherman01 wrote:
<quoted text> I don't need new material, God words never change it stays the same now and ever FACT!!

That's a very interesting statement considering how many different versions of bibles there are.

And no, they don't all say the same thing.

Fort Lauderdale FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Jane Dodo,
Only sexual orientation is heterosexuality all others are sexual sins. God made male and female are you that ignorant? Male and female parts fit together as one. Man and Man does not. No, the only reason I believe them is because I have witnessed those who came out of the lifestyle stuck in for decades and Christ set them free.
God says homosexuality is an abomination you tell God he is wrong. It is no better than bestiality or any other form of sexual sin.
<quoted text>
So before they were gay, now they are gay liars. Guaranteed.

Fort Lauderdale FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Jane Dodo
Yes there was Jesus was speaking to those who knew him in a personal way as their Savior. You are clueless about the scriptures. Brethren has to do with those like minded in faith. Tony is not a Christian until he leaves homosexuality and comes to Christ. Jesus was not speaking of those who were in perverted sexual sin like homosexuality.
<quoted text>
I am Christian. You don't get a vote. And it is impossible to "leave homosexuality."

It's really crazy when people who don't know what they are talking about act like some kind of authority.(That's you. aka "arrogance.")

Fort Lauderdale FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Dana Robertson
No, it does not apply to anyone except those inside the church where they are commanded to go outside the church and minister.
The verses you just quoted have to do with the homeless, but the one you quoted earlier where you said what you do to the least of these was not speaking about people in open homosexual sin. It was speaking to the poor and those who are homeless and those who are naked. Stop twisting the scriptures to suit your sinful lifestyle.
<quoted text>
Stop pretending to represent God. You do him a great disservice. Who would possibly listen to you with that attitude and chip on your shoulder? If I were God, I sure wouldn't want you speaking for me.

Since: Dec 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Norcal Native,
You then will burn in hell if you do not come to Jesus as your personal Lord and Savior. Jesus is God manifested in the flesh.
I can tell you if your a Christian or not because I am one. I walk the walk daily and spend time talking to God and reading his Holy Word. I do not live in open rebellion like you do with your lifestyle of homosexuality.
Actually you lie it was all of mankind that killed Jesus because all have sinned and it was our sin that put him on the cross. So you nailed Jesus to the cross and so did I by rebelling and doing our own thing. One day every knee and that includes you will bow to Jesus and confess he is Lord.
Just because you do not consider it sin does not make it a non sin. You are still sinning and God is going to punish those who do not repent of the homosexual lifestyle.
Well if you ever been with a man before that proves you can change because you did it once before. So you listen to the lies of Satan and your so called inner voice and got fooled by the devil himself. You are not gay and neither is Tony. You both are confused sexually and need God to help you heal from the sexual confusion.
<quoted text>
BAC: "I walk the walk daily and spend time talking to God and reading his Holy Word."

YOU, YOU, YOU.
YOU talking to God. YOU reading the Bible.
You're not about God. You're ALL about YOU.
God couldn't get a Word in edgewise even if you could hear Him.
Oh yeah, I can tell you can't.

Fort Lauderdale FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>
That's 'bear', not 'bare'.
Good grief.
Seriously!! Mr. Bible Expert doesn't know the word bear!

“I will not keep calm”

Since: Mar 08

Raise hell...change the world

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, it's not.
Satan loves to twist the "judge not" verses, which are about judging hypocritically, but anyone who has ever read and studied the bible knows that Christians are to "JUDGE RIGHTEOUS JUDGMENT". This is crystal clear throughout the scriptures.
REAL Christians do love our fellow man. We are trying to warn the masses to repent and come to Jesus before it's too late. We have to speak out against SIN..........
People who are homosexual are not that way by choice. Sexual gender preference is something you are born with. Are you saying God makes mistakes? I've never met a Christian who believes that God makes mistakes. You are a first.
Being that it's the way they were made, I can't see him casting them to hell.
Your self proclaimed perfection is nauseating.

Fort Lauderdale FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Nettiebelle,
Get a life you have nothing better to do on a Saturday than sit at a computer and monitor someones spelling? You must be a lonely old woman.
<quoted text>
No, Nettiebelle is absolutely right - it impeaches your credibility big time.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••