Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against ...

Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

There are 16101 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Apr 27, 2009, titled Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

Truth

Leesburg, VA

#2515 Feb 1, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
That is NOT the criteria given by the records for how Yeshua will "separate the sheep from the goats".
Better review.
(hint: It has nothing to do with following Laws)
It was the custom of the Sanhedrin, the Jewish high court, to place the guilty person on the left hand of the judges, and the innocent on the right.

The right hand was considered the place of honor.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#2516 Feb 1, 2013
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
It has been quite awhile since I have had the opportunity to write to you. I have read many of your posts. I have spoken to you about God, and everything that I could on the civil union site. My nephew spoke to you and try to convince you that the Bible speaks against it. But since as you put it" it doesn't get any more gayer than this," as you said to my nephew....One day, we all will have to stand before God. One day, we all will have to answer for the good and the bad that we have done. One day we will have to answer for if we believe or don't believe. I am not here to judge you, or argue with you. As I said we all will go before God, and no not one of us will escape His judgement. I believe you were some sort of priest if memory serves me right. I do not remember what kind of priest you were. But, have a good day Sir. If you are a different Snyper....sorry, for the confusion.
TOPIX is ABOUT "arguing", silly.

It may be, as the proverb says, that "Fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom", but it is NOT wisdom itself.

"love casts out fear."
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#2517 Feb 1, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
He does so quite well ON HIS OWN. We ALL do.
Try it.
Not thinking very well when it comes to your soul....

Since: Jun 11

AOL

#2518 Feb 1, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
There's a serious problem with that link. It's crashed all 4 of my browsers. I think it's been mal-wared
Hmmmm. Who would want to do that???

It opens for me. But there must be another source...

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#2519 Feb 1, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, so you know the mind of God....
You think you do!

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#2520 Feb 1, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
What's really funny about their position, and suspect, is that according to the Code of Canon Law, CIVIL Marriage has NO juridical existence. NONE. According to them, Civil Marriages, ANY Civil Marriages, are NOT marriages at all. They don't exist. The RCC doesn't recognize ANY Civil Marriages as valid.
The RCC is campaigning against something that their own Canon Law says has no reality.
Check it out.
http://www.vatican.va/archive/ENG1104/_INDEX....
Thank you for this link!

“Jesus=only way into Heaven”

Since: Nov 12

saved by grace through faith

#2521 Feb 1, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. And there's a passage like it in Mark.
But in BOTH cases you have displayed the Pharisaical juridical mindset, looking only for laws and proscriptions. It is that mindset, that pharisaical bent to your perspective, that blinded you to a VERY imprtant fact ... it was part of a lesson against hypocrisy AND it stated clkearly that the Mosaic'Levitical codes were corrupted, and NOT all of divine origin. Moses did a little legislating all on his own, despite the fact that that particular collection of writing explicitly assert itself as of divine authorship. Yeshua said that straight to the pharisees and lawyers and Scribes' faces. His message was that there is always a higher morality than rule-mongering and feeling superior because you follow some rule; or worse, denigrating/oppressing others because they don't.
Yeshua was cool. He was always on the cases of such people.
Motes vs timbers, doncha know.
The Word of God is crystal clear on the matter.....marriage is between a MAN and a WOMAN. And homosexuality is a sin. All sexual relations outside of marriage are a sin.

That's not being a hypocrite or a Pharisee. Christians are to preach/share the Word of God........Jesus was clear that we are to "judge righteous judgment". SIN is SIN and is supposed to be preached against. That's the problem today......too many "feel good" worthless "Christians" and pastors that don't stand up for the Word of God.

I WILL STAND UP FOR JESUS AND PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL!!!!!!!!!!

AOL

#2522 Feb 1, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
Marriage is between a MAN and a WOMAN......
The words of Jesus:
Matthew 19:4-6
4 And He answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that He which made them at the beginning made them male and female,
5 And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh?
6 Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.
If you are going to use Matthew 19 as an excuse to assume Jesus only approved of one man, one woman relationships, you need to read it in context of 1-12...

Matthew 19:8 He saith unto them, Moses because of the hardness of your hearts suffered you to put away your wives: but from the beginning it was not so.
19:9 And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery.
19:10 His disciples say unto him, If the case of the man be so with his wife, it is not good to marry.
19:11 But he said unto them, All men cannot receive this saying, save they to whom it is given.
19:12 For there are some eunuchs, which were so born from their mother's womb: and there are some eunuchs, which were made eunuchs of men: and there be eunuchs, which have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven's sake. He that is able to receive it, let him receive it.

"According to Jesus, born eunuchs are exempt from the Adam and Eve style heterosexual marriage paradigm.

US law does not specify the sex with which the cheating spouse cheats. It is simply consentual sex with anyone outside of the marriage. Many believe UK law also recognizes this. Otherwise, anyone could currently cheat with a same sex partner and be immune from adultery laws. This is just another Red Herring.

Eunuchs so born from their mother’s womb. These eunuchs, according to Jesus, were born that way. They did not make a personal choice to be eunuchs and they were not physically castrated by men. Some Christians believe these men were homosexual eunuchs." http://www.gaychristian101.com/Homosexual-Eun...

AOL

#2523 Feb 1, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
The Word of God is crystal clear on the matter.....marriage is between a MAN and a WOMAN. And homosexuality is a sin. All sexual relations outside of marriage are a sin.
That's not being a hypocrite or a Pharisee. Christians are to preach/share the Word of God........Jesus was clear that we are to "judge righteous judgment". SIN is SIN and is supposed to be preached against. That's the problem today......too many "feel good" worthless "Christians" and pastors that don't stand up for the Word of God.
Yet you continue using your interpretation of just a few verses to justify harming others, and to ignore the Golden Rule.

The prejudice you promote results in needless suffering and death. You might want to pray on that fact.
BOLD

Williamstown, WV

#2524 Feb 1, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>Wednesday, October 10, 2012
`Why do so many Catholics support marriage equality?'
From a column in the National Catholic Reporter by Jamie Manson:
The Roman Catholic Church bases its teaching on homosexuality on its interpretation of natural law, arguing that all sex acts must take place within the state of marriage and must have the potential to procreate.
But the Catholic imagination sees God everywhere, believes that God reveals Godself in all things and understands God can work through any human being or human relationship. By insisting that genital complementarity is an absolute requirement for marriage, the hierarchy places limits on God's power to work within all of the relationships of all God's beloved children.
Those who possess a sacramental view of the world often realize that any human person or relationship that brings love, mercy, forgiveness, kindness, generosity or faithfulness into the world is a sign of God's grace. Perhaps this is the reason so many Catholics defend marriage equality: They have recognized these graces can come forth as much through same-sex couples as heterosexual couples. Those who have a Catholic imagination recognize that a couple's ability to enter into a marriage commitment is not contingent on their anatomies, but on the depth, strength and fruitfulness of their bond.
***Totally Wrong!***Goes against all natural order of God's Law against same sex marriage and Nettie you should know what God makes clear to all the generations of men and women.***Though these lifestyles are past off as normal relationships through earthly laws, or to clarify, man-made laws or plain desires to abandon the natural laws God gives for us to live by.***It is God who will never let this sin or any other enter the Kingdom without repentance.***This has nothing to do with how one wishes to live his life to suit himself, it has everything to do with ending up separated from GOD for eternity because of lack of obedience to HIM.***When will you people ever see how vital it is to obey GOD in "Wisdom and Truth".***

AOL

#2525 Feb 1, 2013
"The primarily sexual meaning of the word sodomia for Christians did not evolve before the 6th century AD. Roman Emperor Justinian I, in his novels no. 77 (dating 538) and no. 141 (dating 559) amended to his Corpus iuris civilis, and declared that Sodom's sin had been specifically same-sex activities and desire for them. He also linked "famines, earthquakes, and pestilences" upon cities as being due to "such crimes", during a time of recent earthquakes and other disasters." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sodomy

Sin of Sodom http://www.iwgonline.org/docs/sodom.html

"There are about twenty references to the story of Sodom in the Bible, and none of them says homosexuality was the sin of Sodom. One of the most extensive references to Sodom is found in Ezekiel, which says,“This was the guilt of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters had pride, excess of food, and prosperous ease, but did not aid the poor and needy. They were haughty and did abominable things before me; therefore I removed them when I saw it.”(Ezekiel 16:49-50 (See note 5.)) It is clear from this passage (and others like it (See note 6.)) that the abomination of Sodom, according to the Old Testament prophets, was that they behaved with callous indifference toward the weak and vulnerable — the poor, orphans, widows, and strangers in their midst." http://www.wouldjesusdiscriminate.org/biblica...

The point of Sodom was that you should love others, not abuse them. It was about harming them instead of treating them the way you want to be treated. It was about how you treat "the stranger at the gate." It had nothing to do with loving same sex relationships based on mutual respect and love between adults.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#2526 Feb 1, 2013
tickedoffchic wrote:
<quoted text>
You think you do!
The mind of Christ only comes through when we get our minds away from self (flesh) and let our spirits connect with the Holy Spirit who resides inside us.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#2527 Feb 1, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
YEP!

From the beginning, God made it clear about sexual relations and intimate companionship.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#2528 Feb 1, 2013
Not Yet Equal wrote:
"The primarily sexual meaning of the word sodomia for Christians did not evolve before the 6th century AD. Roman Emperor Justinian I, in his novels no. 77 (dating 538) and no. 141 (dating 559) amended to his Corpus iuris civilis, and declared that Sodom's sin had been specifically same-sex activities and desire for them. He also linked "famines, earthquakes, and pestilences" upon cities as being due to "such crimes", during a time of recent earthquakes and other disasters." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sodomy
Sin of Sodom http://www.iwgonline.org/docs/sodom.html
"There are about twenty references to the story of Sodom in the Bible, and none of them says homosexuality was the sin of Sodom. One of the most extensive references to Sodom is found in Ezekiel, which says,“This was the guilt of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters had pride, excess of food, and prosperous ease, but did not aid the poor and needy. They were haughty and did abominable things before me; therefore I removed them when I saw it.”(Ezekiel 16:49-50 (See note 5.)) It is clear from this passage (and others like it (See note 6.)) that the abomination of Sodom, according to the Old Testament prophets, was that they behaved with callous indifference toward the weak and vulnerable — the poor, orphans, widows, and strangers in their midst." http://www.wouldjesusdiscriminate.org/biblica...
The point of Sodom was that you should love others, not abuse them. It was about harming them instead of treating them the way you want to be treated. It was about how you treat "the stranger at the gate." It had nothing to do with loving same sex relationships based on mutual respect and love between adults.
Yes, the sin actually was inhospitality.

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#2529 Feb 1, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
The mind of Christ only comes through when we get our minds away from self (flesh) and let our spirits connect with the Holy Spirit who resides inside us.
So, why haven't you done that instead of worshipping the Bible?
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#2530 Feb 1, 2013
Not Yet Equal wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are going to use Matthew 19 as an excuse to assume Jesus only approved of one man, one woman relationships, you need to read it in context of 1-12...
Matthew 19:8 He saith unto them, Moses because of the hardness of your hearts suffered you to put away your wives: but from the beginning it was not so.
19:9 And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery.
19:10 His disciples say unto him, If the case of the man be so with his wife, it is not good to marry.
19:11 But he said unto them, All men cannot receive this saying, save they to whom it is given.
19:12 For there are some eunuchs, which were so born from their mother's womb: and there are some eunuchs, which were made eunuchs of men: and there be eunuchs, which have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven's sake. He that is able to receive it, let him receive it.
"According to Jesus, born eunuchs are exempt from the Adam and Eve style heterosexual marriage paradigm.
US law does not specify the sex with which the cheating spouse cheats. It is simply consentual sex with anyone outside of the marriage. Many believe UK law also recognizes this. Otherwise, anyone could currently cheat with a same sex partner and be immune from adultery laws. This is just another Red Herring.
Eunuchs so born from their mother’s womb. These eunuchs, according to Jesus, were born that way. They did not make a personal choice to be eunuchs and they were not physically castrated by men. Some Christians believe these men were homosexual eunuchs." http://www.gaychristian101.com/Homosexual-Eun...
And we are suppose to believe your link over the Word of God???
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#2531 Feb 1, 2013
Not Yet Equal wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet you continue using your interpretation of just a few verses to justify harming others, and to ignore the Golden Rule.
The prejudice you promote results in needless suffering and death. You might want to pray on that fact.
No, we don't just use a few verses......we use the whole Word of God.....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#2532 Feb 1, 2013
BOLD wrote:
<quoted text>***Totally Wrong!***Goes against all natural order of God's Law against same sex marriage and Nettie you should know what God makes clear to all the generations of men and women.***Though these lifestyles are past off as normal relationships through earthly laws, or to clarify, man-made laws or plain desires to abandon the natural laws God gives for us to live by.***It is God who will never let this sin or any other enter the Kingdom without repentance.***This has nothing to do with how one wishes to live his life to suit himself, it has everything to do with ending up separated from GOD for eternity because of lack of obedience to HIM.***When will you people ever see how vital it is to obey GOD in "Wisdom and Truth".***
Sin separates man from God.....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#2533 Feb 1, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, the sin actually was inhospitality.
Sin is lawlessness....

"Whoever commits sin also commits lawlessness, and sin is lawlessness."

God has revealed to us His law or will.

The Bible is the final authority on sin and its consequences.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#2534 Feb 1, 2013
tickedoffchic wrote:
<quoted text>
So, why haven't you done that instead of worshipping the Bible?
Don't worship the bible....

Worship God....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Roman Catholic Church Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min Liamm 654,296
News Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 5 min rabbee yehoshooah... 253,989
News Winnipeg-born priest makes the case for Mother ... 25 min Mother Theresa Sp... 1
Who is allowed to walk me down the isle at my R... 14 hr Posting as myself 3
News Remembering a Christian and a Jew who traced an... 17 hr South Knox Hombre 13
News Catholic Charities refuses to place children wi... (Jun '11) Sat nOgOd 1,764
News NPR: Clinton Rape Claims Are Nasty 'Old News,' ... Aug 26 K-DJ 2
More from around the web