South Korea all set to celebrate Budd...

South Korea all set to celebrate Buddha's birthday

There are 5 comments on the Merinews story from May 13, 2013, titled South Korea all set to celebrate Buddha's birthday. In it, Merinews reports that:

South Korean Buddhists will hold an annual lantern parade during the Lotus Lantern Festival to celebrate the upcoming birthday of Lord Buddha, which falls on May 17.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Merinews.

Vinamese

Las Vegas, NV

#1 May 13, 2013
It's nice to see that there's still intelligent Korean around since many of the Korean already converted to fanatic Christianity.
Hello

New York, NY

#2 May 14, 2013
Vinamese wrote:
It's nice to see that there's still intelligent Korean around since many of the Korean already converted to fanatic Christianity.
These Korean Buddhists are powerful Buddhas and are very patient with the Christians, even when they did nasty things to them. All Buddhists should learn from them.
Vinamese

Las Vegas, NV

#3 May 16, 2013
Hello wrote:
<quoted text>
These Korean Buddhists are powerful Buddhas and are very patient with the Christians, even when they did nasty things to them. All Buddhists should learn from them.
Patient should have a limit also. Buddhist should not stand by and let others destroyed temples, monks, nuns, and Buddhist in general.
Hello

New York, NY

#4 May 16, 2013
Vinamese wrote:
<quoted text>Patient should have a limit also. Buddhist should not stand by and let others destroyed temples, monks, nuns, and Buddhist in general.
When you train for patience, you train for infinite patience. That does not mean every Buddhist must train for patience.

Some Buddhists might train for bravery or protecting monks and nuns. Buddhas have infinite good qualities, you pick which quality you wish to cultivate.
Mamta Chader

Ashburn, VA

#5 Jan 26, 2014
We should protect our religon and especially Buddhist Dharma..Christians are jealous of us dats y they do it and most annoying thing is d propagating conversions into Christianity forcefully.There r some facts and things which we Buddhist can only cure and prove it...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buddhism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why many Buddhist countries were converted to I... (Oct '12) Aug 4 Peace 219
ti amo (Nov '11) Jul 30 DEF 5,556
Why did Adi Shankarachaya murder a lot of dravi... (Mar '15) Jul 28 Tushar 16
Do Buddhists believe in "freewill"? Jul '16 ascv 7
News Finding the common thread of religious harmony ... Jun '16 Andrew 1
I want to leave buddhism (Jul '15) May '16 Sheri 33
News Buddhism Meditation, Health and Happiness (Aug '11) May '16 Sheri 21
More from around the web