Hello

Flushing, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Probably the fairest laws with regards to gender in religious history. Children of both sexes have an equal right to inherit family property. This is directly opposed to Hindu and Abrahamics laws where a women is herself considered property. A Jewish woman can only inherit if there are no sons.

http://gluedideas.com/Encyclopedia-Britannica...
Hello

Flushing, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

BURMESE BUDDHIST LAW Burmese Buddhist law, which is the body of customs and usages of the Burmese, has its sources in India, but belongs to a social system from which caste, seclusion of women, child mar riage, the joint family and other features of the Hindu system are absent. It has been collected at various times in the last boo years into books called Dhammathats, of which the Manugyk Dhammathat, compiled in A.D. 1756, overrides the others where it is clear and unambiguous.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 2 of2
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••