Buddhism Meditation, Health and Happiness

Aug 21, 2011 Full story: Natural Holistic Health 17

Meditation is often used in different types of therapy to bring about healing within an individual.

Full Story

“Bharatha Union 4 Peace”

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#1 Aug 22, 2011
Most of them (meditating people) are half-mad; mentally unstayable; slaved to the Monks to do rape, loot and even killings.

Stop Meditate. It harms you.

“Sabbe satta sukhi hontu”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#2 Aug 22, 2011
Yeah, never read the actual article. Just throw lies out there and hope someone believes you.

Yeah, dude. Meditation harms you. That's why the article said, "Meditation evokes a calmer state of mind and body. Your heart rate slows, your blood pressure is lower and your mind is free from everyday stresses." This is true. When one meditates the heart rate and breathing slows down, blood pressure normalizes, and oxygen is used more efficiently.

That must also be why so many hospitals often apply techniques such as meditation and yoga to reduce complications associated with increased stress, such as a depressed immune system.

There are many other physical benefits such as the production of serotonin (a neurotransmitter and neuropeptide that affects one's mood and behavior), less cortisol (known as the "stress hormone" as it increases blood pressure and blood sugar), increased activity of natural-killer cells (a major component of the innate immune system), reduction of free radicals (unstable oxygen molecules), reduction of pre-menstrual symptoms, etc.

Dr. James Austin, a clinical professor of neurology, has noted in his book Zen and the Brain that meditation rewires the circuits of the brain, and this has been validated by functional MRI imaging. Dr. Herbert Benson refers to these changes in the body during meditation as a "relaxation response". This response is the collective change of metabolism, heart rate, respiration, blood pressure, and brain chemistry.

Since you spend so much time decrying meditation, your blood pressure and heart rate must be through the roof!
Hello

Forest Hills, NY

#3 Aug 22, 2011
RohanX wrote:
Most of them (meditating people) are half-mad; mentally unstayable; slaved to the Monks to do rape, loot and even killings.
Stop Meditate. It harms you.
Learn to speak/write English. Your own stupidity will harm you.

“Rohingya is Bengali.”

Since: Mar 11

Save Myanmar!

#4 Aug 23, 2011
RohanX wrote:
Most of them (meditating people) are half-mad; mentally unstayable; slaved to the Monks to do rape, loot and even killings.
Stop Meditate. It harms you.
Meditation may harm you if you practice it in wrong method.
Meditation under the guidance of meditation master(Kammatthana cariya) don't harm practitioners any way.
Meditation in right method supports morality and morality supports meditation.
Meditation in right method can heal mental illness, not a cause of mental illness.

“Bharatha Union 4 Peace”

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#5 Aug 23, 2011
Ricardo da Silva wrote:
<quoted text>
Meditation may harm you if you practice it in wrong method.
Meditation under the guidance of meditation master(Kammatthana cariya) don't harm practitioners any way.
Meditation in right method supports morality and morality supports meditation.
Meditation in right method can heal mental illness, not a cause of mental illness.
True; but where is the Right Person to teach you.
Hello

Forest Hills, NY

#6 Aug 23, 2011
RohanX wrote:
<quoted text>
True; but where is the Right Person to teach you.
When your mind is all wrong,
there is no person who is right,
ensnared by his own evil,
the fool wanders about.

“Bharatha Union 4 Peace”

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#7 Aug 24, 2011
Hello wrote:
<quoted text>
When your mind is all wrong,
there is no person who is right,
ensnared by his own evil,
the fool wanders about.
In your perfect world; innocent world; meditating world, while your eyes are closed, the evil takes over, even you.

I wish you will NEVER realise this. I wish you Never see the sufferings of the victims by those evils.

Ommision and Commission are both illegal and immoral.
Hello

Forest Hills, NY

#8 Aug 24, 2011
RohanX wrote:
<quoted text>
In your perfect world; innocent world; meditating world, while your eyes are closed, the evil takes over, even you.
I wish you will NEVER realise this. I wish you Never see the sufferings of the victims by those evils.
Ommision and Commission are both illegal and immoral.
No, evil takes over only evil people who don't meditate and don't practice ethically because they are so evil that they make false accusations against the innocent, like you.

“Bharatha Union 4 Peace”

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#9 Aug 24, 2011
Hello wrote:
<quoted text>
No, evil takes over only evil people who don't meditate and don't practice ethically because they are so evil that they make false accusations against the innocent, like you.
See, the Monks are preaching their followers to do:

Singheelam, Arabeelam and Tamileelam are the solutions for the Grease Men(buddshit converted Eela Monks).

Monks are very much desparate to have sx with innocent women.

http://www.tamilnet.com/art.html...
Hello

Forest Hills, NY

#10 Aug 25, 2011
RohanX wrote:
<quoted text>
See, the Monks are preaching their followers to do:
Singheelam, Arabeelam and Tamileelam are the solutions for the Grease Men(buddshit converted Eela Monks).
Monks are very much desparate to have sx with innocent women.
http://www.tamilnet.com/art.html...
No you're desperate. Don't make baseless accusations-- any accusations from a Tamil should be investigated.

“Sabbe satta sukhi hontu”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#11 Aug 25, 2011
Accusations from anybody should be properly investigated, period.

The judicial system certainly would not work if it relied on mere hearsay. The Inquisition and Salem Witch Trials are prime examples of what happens when people rely on mere hearsay, without proper investigation.

“Bharatha Union 4 Peace”

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#12 Aug 26, 2011
Sinhala villagers assault Indian nationals in Hatton
[TamilNet, Thursday, 25 August 2011, 16:33 GMT]

Two Indian nationals working as an Engineer and Consultant in an Indian funded hospital project in Hatton were assaulted by Sinhala villagers at Ambagamuwa in Ginigathena in the Central Province on Wednesday 7.00 pm. The attack took place when the driver of the car they were travelling, a Muslim, went away to a nearby tea kiosk to break fast. Both injured persons were admitted to Glegan Base hospital in Dickoya. The excuse for the attack is said to be that the villagers suspected the victims as ‘grease devils’. But it was revealed in a number of instances in recent days that Sri Lanka’s military and intelligence personnel were involved in the ‘grease devil’ attacks that target Tamils and Muslims in the island.

The Glengan Base hospital where the Indian nationals are working is currently being expanded with an Indian Government donation of 90 million Indian rupees.
Hello

Forest Hills, NY

#13 Aug 26, 2011
RohanX wrote:
Sinhala villagers assault Indian nationals in Hatton
[TamilNet, Thursday, 25 August 2011, 16:33 GMT]
Two Indian nationals working as an Engineer and Consultant in an Indian funded hospital project in Hatton were assaulted by Sinhala villagers at Ambagamuwa in Ginigathena in the Central Province on Wednesday 7.00 pm. The attack took place when the driver of the car they were travelling, a Muslim, went away to a nearby tea kiosk to break fast. Both injured persons were admitted to Glegan Base hospital in Dickoya. The excuse for the attack is said to be that the villagers suspected the victims as ‘grease devils’. But it was revealed in a number of instances in recent days that Sri Lanka’s military and intelligence personnel were involved in the ‘grease devil’ attacks that target Tamils and Muslims in the island.
The Glengan Base hospital where the Indian nationals are working is currently being expanded with an Indian Government donation of 90 million Indian rupees.
No Indian funding, you mean Tamil funding, right?
Hello

Forest Hills, NY

#14 Aug 27, 2011
How evil and disgusting are the Tamils? They are asking the that Tamil terrorist suicide bombers be forgiven!

They can't forgive Sinhalas, but expect forgiveness!

CHENNAI: Three convicts in the Rajiv Gandhi assassination case who were sentenced to death will be hanged at the Vellore central prison on September 9. Tamil Nadu home secretary Rameshram Mishra on Friday sent a communication to this effect to the superintendent of Vellore prison, R Arivudainambi.

Recently President Pratibha Patil had rejected the mercy petitions of the three -
Murugan alias Sriharan, Chinna Santhan and Perarivalan - who are lodged in the Vellore prison. Former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi was assassinated at Sriperumbudur, near Chennai, on May 21, 1991 by an LTTE suicide bomber.

"We received the communication today afternoon and intimated the three prisoners immediately. They have been shifted to separate condemned cells," Arivudainambi said.

Reacting to the news, DMK president M Karunanidhi said, "Though they had committed a heinous crime, taking into account the sentiments of the larger Tamil community, we should forget and forgive them. Congress and its leader Sonia Gandhi should be considerate in saving lives of these three men. The central and state governments should also come to their rescue."

The three convicts are likely to approach the Madras high court on Monday to challenge the rejection of their mercy petitions. Their advocate S Chandrasekar told TOI, "Our junior lawyers waited outside the Vellore prison to collect the orders served on the prisoners and informed us. We will move Madras HC on Monday." Senior lawyer Ram Jethmalani, along with human rights lawyers Colin Gonsalves and Mohit Chaudhry, would represent the accused.The Tamil Film Directors' Union wrote to CM J Jayalalithaa, appealing to her to stop the execution. Its president Bharathiraja told reporters that about 130 nations across the globe had abolished death sentence.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#15 Dec 1, 2011
Love meditating!!
Focus

Fargo, ND

#16 Mar 20, 2013
I'm a quadriplegic, and would like to know how I should be positioning myself during meditation? it's impossible for me to sit in the lotus position while meditating. Man
Hello

Danielson, CT

#17 Mar 20, 2013
Focus wrote:
I'm a quadriplegic, and would like to know how I should be positioning myself during meditation? it's impossible for me to sit in the lotus position while meditating. Man
In Buddhism we have several recollections that does not depend on your posture and is safe enough to do in any position, you can pick any one:

1) Recollection of Buddha
2) Recollection of Dhamma
3) Recollection of Sangha
4) Recollection of your Sila (ethics)
5) recollection of your generosity
6) Recollection of gods
7) Loving Kindness meditation or Metta
8) compassion meditation (Karuna)
9) rejoicing in the good fortune of others (Mudita)
10) Detachment meditation (Upeksha)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buddhism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ti amo (Nov '11) 1 hr Maxxx Payne 5,470
Malaysia: Buddhists and Muslims come together f... Wed Hello 1
Why the Dalai Lama says reincarnation might not... Dec 22 Hello 3
Am I the only conscious person in the entire Un... (Mar '10) Dec 22 grant 39
Seven Wonders of the Buddhist World Dec 20 Hello 1
Bravery of Sikhs (May '09) Dec 19 Hello 175
Myanmar women object to proposed restrictions o... Dec 19 Hello 1
More from around the web