Killing with kindness: Burma's religi...

Killing with kindness: Burma's religious battleground - and the monks at the heart of it

There are 5 comments on the The Independent story from May 25, 2013, titled Killing with kindness: Burma's religious battleground - and the monks at the heart of it. In it, The Independent reports that:

Six years ago, the world cheered the monks behind Burma's Saffron Revolution. Now, a horrific new eruption of religious slaughter is being blamed on a 'Buddhist Bin Laden'. So what happened to the mantra of non-violence? Peter is a foreign correspondent and feature writer with The Independent who has done long stretches in Japan, India and Italy.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Independent.

Anti-colonists

London, UK

#1 May 25, 2013
Fc*k Independent, colonist media. You exaggerate. Buddhists don't kill. they are only defending their right to remain buddhist. Loook what Islam preaches and what they killed an English solider.
Aquarel

Laguna Woods, CA

#3 May 25, 2013
They are taking over various territories in the host countries by enforcing no- go zones where police can't set foot in due to fear of stoning and non-Muslims get harrassed so much they have to move out of their home and town. People who do something about this situation to defend their homeland are maligned as " racist". It is to stop people from defending their family, friends , home, and country.
Hello

New York, NY

#4 May 26, 2013
Doing battle with Mara? The creator of lies, false forms, false views.

Have faith in the Tatagatha. With mind cleansed, see clearly. The true fight is in your mind.
Feste

Corona, CA

#5 May 26, 2013
Swedes also take to the streets to defend their neighborhoods from Muslim immigrants attacking their cities in the last several days.
Feste

Corona, CA

#6 May 26, 2013
The more Muslims are trying to Malign Buddhist the more it will backfires on them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buddhism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ti amo (Nov '11) Tue Abhilash suar k m... 5,525
Why many Buddhist countries were converted to I... (Oct '12) May 25 Tarak Singh 218
I want to leave buddhism (Jul '15) May '16 Sheri 33
News Buddhism Meditation, Health and Happiness (Aug '11) May '16 Sheri 21
Eastern Religions and their black magic Apr '16 Vinamese 2
News A pint or a prayer? Monks in Japan put Buddhism... Apr '16 APEFARANGUMINDEBD... 2
News How Buddhism Conquered Asia (Sep '14) Apr '16 Go Blue Forever 21
More from around the web