Amitabha Buddha
Vinamese

Las Vegas, NV

#1 Nov 15, 2013
I heard this story from another person I knew:
A few years ago there was a man - a Buddhist, he was a very devout Buddhist. So he got sick due to old age, got admitted into a hospital where he shared a room with another patient. This patient was a non- Buddhist, non-Asian, possibly white Christian as far as I know. Any way this patient was in a coma and haven't got out of bed for awhile. The devout Buddhist man share the same room with this man in a coma in a hospital, and the Buddhist man is close to dying. One day his son came to visit his father, the devout Buddhist, and when he open the door to enter his father's room for visitation, the son saw an apparition of Amitabha Buddha along with Avalokitesvara and Mahasthamaprapta Bodhisattvas standing beside the devout Buddhist's bed. The son also saw the non-Buddhist man sitting on the Buddhist man bed appear to talk to him, then he walked back to his bed.
Soon after both men passed away.
What I think is that when Buddha and Bodhisattvas appears in the room to take this devout Buddhist to Pure Land, the non-Buddhist man saw Buddha and woke up, walked to the Buddhist man bed and returned to his bed to go with him to Pure Land ( Western Paradise ). I think that even a devout Christian, Muslim, etc.. once see a Buddha will immediately follow Buddha. No question about that.
That is why I wish Maitreya Buddha would come in my life time. Imagine billions of people convert to Buddhism and follow the right path.
Vinamese

Las Vegas, NV

#2 Nov 15, 2013
BTW. The man's son is also a very devout pious Buddhist and I think that was why he was able to see Amitabha Buddha and the 2 Bodhisattvas. Other than that I don't think Buddha would let you see Buddha. One must have great merits to be able to see Buddha, which I am unfortunately not.
Vinamese

Las Vegas, NV

#3 Nov 15, 2013
Sometimes I think to myself how much I appreciate Gautama Buddha's sacrifice for us. If we look at Buddha's daily routine, we can see that Gautama Buddha only sleep 1 hour per day, the rest were dedicating to save us. I love Buddha very much for sacrificing his energy and body to helped us to the right holy path.
Thank-you very much Lord Buddha.
Even to say thank-you a thousand life time is still not enough to repay the kindness and love that Gautama Buddha gave us.
Vinamese

Las Vegas, NV

#4 Nov 15, 2013
Buddha's daily routine:

http://www.buddhanet.net/e-learning/buddhism/...

Buddha must be a super man to be able to sustain this routine for 45 years of ministry.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buddhism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Visited by Aliens Mar '18 Ya a 1
The Three Wise Men. Was One A Buddhist? (Dec '11) Mar '18 Ya a 6
ti amo (Nov '11) Feb '18 Tere baap ka baap 5,560
God Bless Buddha Jan '18 user 2
Oriental Hotei God Was a Real Man Jan '18 John 2
Unfortunately Siddhartha has been turned into a... Jan '18 Zazenmind 1
Why many Buddhist countries were converted to I... (Oct '12) Jan '18 Zazenmind 238