4 Noble Truths = the power of Truth

Posted in the Buddhism Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Hello

Westbury, NY

#1 Dec 16, 2012
Many fools make fun of Buddhism--especially The Four Noble Truths. How simplistic they say! We have god and you have this silly thing!

Will true Buddhists expound on why these truths are more powerful than the declaration of a god or gods?

What do these truths represent?
vegan

Goodman, MO

#2 Dec 16, 2012
Hello wrote:
Many fools make fun of Buddhism--especially The Four Noble Truths. How simplistic they say! We have god and you have this silly thing!
Will true Buddhists expound on why these truths are more powerful than the declaration of a god or gods?
What do these truths represent?
Sure.

I don't know anything about the other four truths, although I know the real first truths.
Noble truth one: Be Vegan. Vegan is the gift of life to animals and humans and is love.

Noble truth two: Respect the value of elders, because you will never be elder until you are elder with bushes of growing hair under your arm pits, and three day old underwear you never changed.

Noble truth three: Attempting to control your anger can be your your soul mate, so anger doesn't control you. Do not mingle with the unrightous, non vegans, Try not to control others, and pray and speak quietly to heaven and earth, God, the stars, all things live longer than you, and are above you.

Noble truth four: Never underestimate the other three noble truths nor the fact that there are people on this site that I do not like who watch and never talk that I do not trust.

The creator is the noble truth, the noble truth is the creator, the creator is light which everthing in the visible and invisible universe is made of. When you transgress the light, you transgress the creator, a creator of whom no religion, nor man, woman, or child can lay a claim to no matter how hard they try, or how many religions they create, or how many lives they live.

The creator is unclaimable to all. Unknowable to all, and indestructible.
Hello

Westbury, NY

#3 Dec 16, 2012
vegan wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure.
I don't know anything about the other four truths, although I know the real first truths.
Noble truth one: Be Vegan. Vegan is the gift of life to animals and humans and is love.
Noble truth two: Respect the value of elders, because you will never be elder until you are elder with bushes of growing hair under your arm pits, and three day old underwear you never changed.
Noble truth three: Attempting to control your anger can be your your soul mate, so anger doesn't control you. Do not mingle with the unrightous, non vegans, Try not to control others, and pray and speak quietly to heaven and earth, God, the stars, all things live longer than you, and are above you.
Noble truth four: Never underestimate the other three noble truths nor the fact that there are people on this site that I do not like who watch and never talk that I do not trust.
The creator is the noble truth, the noble truth is the creator, the creator is light which everthing in the visible and invisible universe is made of. When you transgress the light, you transgress the creator, a creator of whom no religion, nor man, woman, or child can lay a claim to no matter how hard they try, or how many religions they create, or how many lives they live.
The creator is unclaimable to all. Unknowable to all, and indestructible.
Liars, including vegans can never know the Noble Truths. What is undefined should remain so.

Those who lie need to be vegans, the meat they eat is death, the animal suffers death twice.

Those who understand the 4 Noble Truths, are composed of Truth. The animal who died in pain are given life upon being consumed in the wisdom fires of a True Buddhist.
Hello

Westbury, NY

#4 Dec 16, 2012
I can't believe it took me five years as a practicing Buddhist lay person to understand the importance of the 4 Noble Truths!!!

How dumb and full of lies is our society, our world that even our monks who practice for years don't understand what the 4 Noble Truths are! Not one good explanation on why this is the core of Buddhism and how this separates all truth from lies, fantasies and delusions!

Buddha forgive me!
duke

Malaysia

#5 Dec 17, 2012
Hello wrote:
I can't believe it took me five years as a practicing Buddhist lay person to understand the importance of the 4 Noble Truths!!!
How dumb and full of lies is our society, our world that even our monks who practice for years don't understand what the 4 Noble Truths are! Not one good explanation on why this is the core of Buddhism and how this separates all truth from lies, fantasies and delusions!
Buddha forgive me!
you know better than the monks? what truths? why are there only four?
Hello

Westbury, NY

#6 Dec 17, 2012
duke wrote:
<quoted text>
you know better than the monks? what truths? why are there only four?
If you think monks know more than ask them, why bother me?

Go ask the DAlai Lama or some other monk/nun whose book you read.

I really want to know their answer.
Hello

New York, NY

#7 Dec 21, 2012
A theist meditating will have an unstable mind since he/she is taking for granted what could be wrong view -- there are hundreds of views ofgod, which view is true? The person might also insist on such a view which would make the person meditate on a falsehood...

A person established in the 4 Noble Truths is established in fundamental indisputable truths. This creates a stable mind and stable meditation.
Hello

New York, NY

#8 Dec 22, 2012
The 4 Noble Truths protects true Buddhists in each of the 4 directions.

Do not forget the 4 Noble Truths is a circle or Dharmachakra, aka Wheel of Brahma.

The armies of heaven march with the sacred wheel of Brahma in every direction it turns.
Hello

New York, NY

#9 Dec 26, 2012
Having said all this, I still haven't stated what the 4 Noble Truths is the perfect example of.

Anyone here understand after inspecting these 4 Truths?

The 4 Noble Truths shows which is the one true religion, with the ONE true teacher!

No founder of any other religion was a genius, Buddha was a perfect genius! Our beloved teacher!
Hello

New York, NY

#10 Dec 26, 2012
I should say, The 4 Noble Truths as spoken by Lord Buddha.

So please don't go about reading another rendering. Only Buddha's version is pure genius.
Hello

New York, NY

#13 Jan 10, 2013
The exact words of the first noble truth as per scripture:

***Suffering is a Noble Truth.***

Incorrect versions:

All life is suffering.
Everything is suffering.
The Noble truth of suffering.
Hello

New York, NY

#14 Jan 12, 2013
Here is how Lod Buddha defined suffering:

Suffering as a Noble Truth is this:

Birth is suffering,
ageing is suffering,
decay is suffering,
death is suffering.
Sorrow, lamentation, pain, sadness, & discontent are suffering.

Being joined with any disliked is suffering.

Being separated from any liked is suffering.

Not getting what one wants is suffering. Getting what one does not want is suffering.

In short, the five clusters of clinging are suffering.
Hello

New York, NY

#15 Jan 12, 2013
Now why is it not simply called a truth? Why is it called a "Noble" truth?

What is the difference between a regular everyday truth vs. a Noble Truth?

Any guesses?
Hello

New York, NY

#16 Jan 13, 2013
It is called a Noble Truth because it is seen by those with integrity.

Their minds are clear and they have a good digestive fire -- since they are ashamed of wrong doing and are of moral bent.

This good fire is what is lit when we take refuge in The Triple Gem.

Those who are of immoral character are incapable of understanding the Four Noble Truths. They have the ignoble fires lit within them that consumes them to their death and misery.
Raj at Eart

Torrance, CA

#17 Jan 13, 2013
Yes, Buddhism is right.....

Life is suffering.

We should all work towards the extinction of Humanity and most of the wild animals.
Hello

New York, NY

#18 Jan 13, 2013
Raj at Eart wrote:
Yes, Buddhism is right.....
Life is suffering.
We should all work towards the extinction of Humanity and most of the wild animals.
First person to be made extinct should be you, moron.
Danzig

Västerås, Sweden

#20 Jan 13, 2013
Hello wrote:
<quoted text>
Hehe, doesn't you belief say that you should respect life? It seems like you're not even very honest to what you believ.... Well, in belief is the seed of lies, so I suppose it has made roots in your mind. You can fix it with the help of Alkuajatus.
Raj at Earth

Torrance, CA

#21 Jan 13, 2013
Hello wrote:
<quoted text>
Namecalling will not get you anywhere. I must have really got into your head with my commentary for you to say that. Are you like White, Black, Oriental, Desi, Arab or Mixed? What about your religion and nation?
Hello

New York, NY

#22 Jan 13, 2013
Raj at Earth wrote:
<quoted text>
Namecalling will not get you anywhere. I must have really got into your head with my commentary for you to say that. Are you like White, Black, Oriental, Desi, Arab or Mixed? What about your religion and nation?
I am a Buddhist on a Buddhist forum, why are you here? Your commentary is a product of a poor undeveloped mind.

Buddhism is the middle way, it is the way of truth and strength. It is called the Lion's roar. It is the path of the warrior.
Raj at Earth

Torrance, CA

#23 Jan 13, 2013
Hello wrote:
<quoted text>
I am a Buddhist on a Buddhist forum, why are you here? Your commentary is a product of a poor undeveloped mind.
Buddhism is the middle way, it is the way of truth and strength. It is called the Lion's roar. It is the path of the warrior.
I did not know there was a restriction on who can post on these forums. My mind is very developed. You are distrubed for you to say what you are saying. A man claiming to be a lion. I heard some Jews say the same things about their names. That their names meant that they are a lion. Man, what a bunch of crock. Do you eat meat? Do your people kill animals? Do your people wage war? Why does Buddhism say that one should refrain from killing? What race do you belong to? What is your nationality?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buddhism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Visited by Aliens Mar '18 Ya a 1
The Three Wise Men. Was One A Buddhist? (Dec '11) Mar '18 Ya a 6
ti amo (Nov '11) Feb '18 Tere baap ka baap 5,560
God Bless Buddha Jan '18 user 2
Oriental Hotei God Was a Real Man Jan '18 John 2
Unfortunately Siddhartha has been turned into a... Jan '18 Zazenmind 1
Why many Buddhist countries were converted to I... (Oct '12) Jan '18 Zazenmind 238