Clinton--A Buddhist Christian?

Posted in the Buddhism Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Hello

Flushing, NY

#1 Jan 12, 2013
Former US president Bill Clinton turns to Buddhism
by Merlyn Seeley, The Examiner, January 10, 2013
San Francisco, CA (USA)-- According to thebuddhism.net news site, in an article dated January 10th, 2013, former US president Bill Clinton has hired his own personal Buddhist monk to teach him how to properly meditate.
Bill is learning to meditate and has reportedly turned to a vegan diet as well. All this change has apparently been influenced by his recent heart scare where in February 2004 when he was rushed to Columbia Presbyterian Hospital in New York City because he started experiencing some awful chest pains.

At that time, he had to have two coronary stints put into his heart and a few months later, in September, he had to undergo quadruple bypass heart surgery. In 2010 he then had a clogged artery that the surgeons had to reopen which was his second heart operation in five years.

He says that learning meditation helps him to relax, which apparently stress is supposedly one of the biggest contributors to this heart condition. He travels a lot and his job is highly stressful, learning to meditate he learns to relax and says he is doing much better after his two life changing decisions.

He reportedly also has a favorite mantra that he loves to chant when things get hectic and says that is really does help him to relax and think more clearer. He used to eat a lot of fast food apparently according to the news reports, but now he has decided to give up all that and replace it with a lot of fruits and vegetables with the occasional fish! Outstanding I say, we need more govt. officials turning to healthy ways of life and Buddhist meditations to relax and maybe our country would start looking up.
As 2010 and 2011 taught us, Buddhist meditation and healthier diets are starting to make a trend with everyone. More and more people are seeing the benefits that come from a life of relaxing meditation and eating healthier and changing their lives.

From Tiger Woods to Steve Jobs (RIP) Buddhism is beginning to be seen in some very high places. It is true meditation has a lifetime of relaxation and peace as well as health with it. Everyone could benefit from the changes that Mr. Clinton has made, and good for him.
vegan

Wyandotte, OK

#2 Jan 13, 2013
If the murder and the killing of an innocent living creature is "vegan", I and many people like myself are in need of finding a new way to describing ourselves. We seem to attract the wrong type of D negative worldly self-glutton personality with heart problems, and these people seem to have very little in common with us. Most of us choose the effort of self-sacrifice over self-indulgence, and self-graditude. Because although most of us are not concerned with the health issues associated with animal welfare it seems to be the benifit that comes with true love.

If going from Burger munchies to fish, and than adding a few vegetabes is associated with me, I am certainly looking into a new form of describing my existence of a soul and a person.

And if kiling a fish, or a Dolphin, or a Whale, or boiling to death a Lobster in steaming boiling water alive while the superior creature is sitting at ones favorite resturant while glorifying their self-serving ego with delusion thoughts that some imaginary fire arises in the life of the human from and death and decay and the horror than certainly there is no hope for life.

Buddha appears to me to have been a childish meditating person, whom himself as the over- glorified seeking and self fullfilling individual, could teach me, or the notable astronomers of his time, and the many other notable figures in history, very little if nothing.

This is supposably Buddha's words: "For fear of causing terror to other living beings, Mahamati, let the Boddhisattva who is discipling himself to attain compassion, refrain from eating flesh."

It wouldn't require that it was the brightest bulb in the house to speak the above words.

"But for the sake of some little mouthful of meat, we deprive a soul of the sun and light, and of that proportion of life and time it had been born into the world to enjoy."
Seneca (8 BC.-AD. 65) Roman philosopher

vegan

Wyandotte, OK

#3 Jan 13, 2013
(Type 2)

If pople feel that they are ready and strong enough person to deal with the real reality and the truth. I invite them to watch the poor fish that they may have digested at their favorite resturant, skinned alive.

You can see them scream, plus the life they enjoyed, and this kill they do not understand. If the video does not load please press on the video tab. http://www.mercyforanimals.org/fish/

vegan

Wyandotte, OK

#4 Jan 13, 2013
PETA offers an on the street visual view inside americas real slaughter house.

"Intrepid group of animal advocates found a way to bring the slaughterhouse to the sidewalk. Every Saturday night, volunteers Jennifer Mennuti and Boyd Weidman screen PETA's "Factory Farming in 60 Seconds Flat" for passersby on Miami's busy Lincoln Road.

For many people, it's the first time they are staring into the faces of the animals they call "steak," "ham," or "nugget." There in front of them is the irrefutable evidence that their "entrée" was a cow who coughed and choked as the blood spilling from her slit throat ran down her face and covered the floor below, a pig who screamed and cried as he was burned to death in scalding-hot water."

"I could tell you horror stories… about cattle getting their heads stuck under the gate guards and the only way you can get it out is to cut their heads off while they're still alive."

"One time I took my knife – it's sharp enough – and I sliced off the end of a hog's nose, just like a piece of bologna. The hog went crazy for a few seconds. Then it just sat there looking kind of stupid. So I took a handful of salt brine and ground it into his nose. Now that hog really went nuts, pushing its nose all over the place. I still had a bunch of salt in my hand – I was wearing a rubber glove – and I stuck the salt right up the hog's ass. The poor hog didn't know whether to **** or go blind."

"I've seen live animals shackled, hoisted, stuck, and skinned. Too many to count, too many to remember. It's just a process that's continually there. I've seen shackled beef looking around before they've been stuck. I've seen hogs [that are supposed to be lying down] on the bleeding conveyor get up after they've been stuck. I've seen hogs in the scalding tub trying to swim."

"These hogs get up to the scalding tank, hit the water and start screaming and kicking. Sometimes they thrash so much they kick water out of the tank… Sooner or later they drown. There's a rotating arm that pushes them under, no chance for them to get out. I'm not sure if they burn to death before they drown, but it takes them a couple of minutes to stop thrashing."

"Hogs get stressed out pretty easy. If you prod them too much they have heart attacks. If you get a hog in a chute that's had the **** prodded out of him and has a heart attack or refuses to move, you take a meat hook and hook it into his bunghole [anus]. You're dragging these hogs alive, and a lot of times the meat hook rips out of the bunghole. I've seen hams – thighs – completely ripped open. I've also seen intestines come out. If the hog collapses near the front of the chute, you shove the meat hook into his cheek and drag him forward."

"Sometimes I grab it [a hog] by the ear and stick it right through the eye. I'm not just taking its eye out, I'll go all the way to the hilt, right up through the brain, and wiggle the knife."

"Pigs on the kill floor have come up and nuzzled me like a puppy. Two minutes later I had to kill them – beat them to death with a pipe."

"Only you don't just kill it, you go in hard, push hard, blow the windpipe, make it drown in its own blood. Split its nose. A live hog would be running around the pit. It would just be looking up at me and I'd be sticking, and I would just take my knife and – cut its eye out while it was just standing there. And this hog would just scream."

"I've drug cows till their bones start breaking, while they were still alive. Bringing them around the corner and they get stuck up in the doorway, just pull them till their hide be ripped, till the blood just drip on the steel and concrete. Breaking their legs… And the cow be crying with its tongue stuck out. They pull him till his neck just pop."

http://www.peta.org/b/thepetafiles/archive/20...
Vinamese

Las Vegas, NV

#5 Jan 13, 2013
Vegan,
"Buddha appears to me to have been a childish meditating person, whom himself as the over- glorified seeking and self fullfilling individual, could teach me, or the notable astronomers of his time, and the many other notable figures in history, very little if nothing."
Buddha have a lot of things to teach to people and I see that you think you're superior to Buddha just because you're a vegan. Buddha was a vegan also and the monks and nuns that follwed Buddha had to be a vegan. Becareful of what you say since words can come back to haunt you one day.
otc

Wyandotte, OK

#6 Jan 13, 2013
Vinamese,

You are welcome to your personal or angry opinion, even though not all Buddhist agree with your drama on Buddha, the person that you have never met, in fact the so called Buddha had claimed to have lived his last life and that he will never live again, and in fact many Buddhist claim Buddha was a meat eater, and that your Buddha accepted and encouraged the eating of meat.

Some historians who deal with all historical figures, do claim that Buddha never existed, and at the most he was more of a small religous figure who meditated under a tree, and in time was created larger in history by the other Buddhist.

Doesn't matter how you feel about me. I want no person to misunderstand that a person who calls themselves vegan and whose diet rejects meat and all animal products is also a meat eater, because otherwise I require meat eaters remain the vegans, while they are eating beef and vegetables, or only chicken and vegetables, or fish and vegetables, and I require through right thought and honest practice that I become known apart from the dishonest that accept the killing or the vile murder of little defensless harmless animals.



Hello

Flushing, NY

#7 Jan 13, 2013
otc wrote:
Vinamese,
You are welcome to your personal or angry opinion, even though not all Buddhist agree with your drama on Buddha, the person that you have never met, in fact the so called Buddha had claimed to have lived his last life and that he will never live again, and in fact many Buddhist claim Buddha was a meat eater, and that your Buddha accepted and encouraged the eating of meat.
Some historians who deal with all historical figures, do claim that Buddha never existed, and at the most he was more of a small religous figure who meditated under a tree, and in time was created larger in history by the other Buddhist.
Doesn't matter how you feel about me. I want no person to misunderstand that a person who calls themselves vegan and whose diet rejects meat and all animal products is also a meat eater, because otherwise I require meat eaters remain the vegans, while they are eating beef and vegetables, or only chicken and vegetables, or fish and vegetables, and I require through right thought and honest practice that I become known apart from the dishonest that accept the killing or the vile murder of little defensless harmless animals.
You are obsessed with your stupid views. Why are you here on a Buddhist forum? Go to a Christian forum or a Muslim one and preach to them your low philosophy.

We only learn from Buddha, not some third grade vegan garbage who does not understand Dharma.

Again, Buddha did not say everyone should be vegan.

Why? Because a true Buddhist is holy. By a very Buddhists touch the animal goes to a higher being.

A Buddhist who practices and does not eat meat is allowing the animals to never get a human birth.

Just by seeing Buddha a frog became a god, a bird became a sage.

Vegans and vegetarians think they are helping animals -- they only see appearances. Their fire is not purifying. A Buddhist purifies all around them, including that which is dead.
Hello

Flushing, NY

#8 Jan 13, 2013
vegan wrote:
If the murder and the killing of an innocent living creature is "vegan", I and many people like myself are in need of finding a new way to describing ourselves. We seem to attract the wrong type of D negative worldly self-glutton personality with heart problems, and these people seem to have very little in common with us. Most of us choose the effort of self-sacrifice over self-indulgence, and self-graditude. Because although most of us are not concerned with the health issues associated with animal welfare it seems to be the benifit that comes with true love.
If going from Burger munchies to fish, and than adding a few vegetabes is associated with me, I am certainly looking into a new form of describing my existence of a soul and a person.
And if kiling a fish, or a Dolphin, or a Whale, or boiling to death a Lobster in steaming boiling water alive while the superior creature is sitting at ones favorite resturant while glorifying their self-serving ego with delusion thoughts that some imaginary fire arises in the life of the human from and death and decay and the horror than certainly there is no hope for life.
Buddha appears to me to have been a childish meditating person, whom himself as the over- glorified seeking and self fullfilling individual, could teach me, or the notable astronomers of his time, and the many other notable figures in history, very little if nothing.
This is supposably Buddha's words: "For fear of causing terror to other living beings, Mahamati, let the Boddhisattva who is discipling himself to attain compassion, refrain from eating flesh."
It wouldn't require that it was the brightest bulb in the house to speak the above words.
"But for the sake of some little mouthful of meat, we deprive a soul of the sun and light, and of that proportion of life and time it had been born into the world to enjoy."
Seneca (8 BC.-AD. 65) Roman philosopher
You insult Buddha, Now I know vegans are evil. Vegan ism destroys the brain, so you lack intelligence--Buddhi.

I will NEVER be a vegan, nor support any vegan.

Indians are vegans/vegetarians-- the most corrupt people and callous.
DDR

Santa Ana, CA

#9 Jan 13, 2013
Hi vegan,

While eating vegetarian or less meat is recommended , it is not an obligation in Buddhism and there is no set rule forbidding meat consumption. It is up to each individual to choose regarding this matter. There are Buddhist that are vegetarians and non- vegetarians.

Devadatta ( an evil character) once insisted that the Buddha set up a rule that everyone should eat only vegetarian . However the Buddha did not. You might be wondering why is it that the Buddha did not laid down a set rule forbidding meat consumption but was flexible regarding this matter and allowing people to choose for themselves:

1. Planting crops and vegetables also involves some killing , maybe not bigger creatures but smaller ones. The Buddha would be favoring larger animals if he made a rule forbidding people from eating meat.

2. There are people that live in snowy regions where it is difficult to plant crops and vegetables. If he made a rule forbidding all disciples from eating meat , that would make it very difficult for disciples in certain regions to survive when they can neither eat meat nor find vegetables and crops.

3. There are certain people with medical conditions where they need to consume some meat to improve.
DDR

Santa Ana, CA

#10 Jan 13, 2013
4. What one puts in ones mouth does not make a person compassionate or non- compassionate. It is also doesn't determines whether a person will become enlightened or not. The Buddha even practiced eating only rice and nuts , but it wasn't helping in the development of enlightenment. So in Buddhism we don't have a belief where if you are a vegetarian then you are more enlightened then people that are not vegetarians. We don't put down Buddhist others based on their diets.

By the way, Hitler was a vegetarian !
The Herbivore

Wyandotte, OK

#11 Jan 15, 2013
Food a person puts in their mouth determines if an certain individual has moral values, observing from right and wrong, or or whether they are self indulging like when human sexual indulgence is involved like with the idiot like yourselfs. I would never allow lie-spinners like yourselves to eat meat, and go ahead and bet your worthless body that you would be indeed killing it yourself or you would be eating it, because believe me the poor creature was battered , beaten, smothered, and murdered for you, plus you are scarfing it down your dirty old brownhole septic tank. I'm no youngster guys, I know for a fact that a hundred years ago old farmers would have seen you people today as extremly spoiled, eating food without learning the value of it, killing it yourself instead of kicking back and letting other people kill your innocent food animals for you, this exactly explains why you are Buddhist.
I put a bean down the property, so far I haven't had to take and water or feed it, the cold doesn't seem to bother it, plus someone looking to get an organ trasplant from it may have to wait till they develope organs, and the red blood. I ate an organic Banana but the tree is still alive, Black Walnuts, and the tree is alive. I would love to see you keep a pet plant, because they are beautiful. But I doubt that is going to happen, plus you'll have to get someone else to kill it for you before you can eat it.
Hello

Flushing, NY

#12 Jan 15, 2013
The Herbivore wrote:
Food a person puts in their mouth determines if an certain individual has moral values, observing from right and wrong, or or whether they are self indulging like when human sexual indulgence is involved like with the idiot like yourselfs. I would never allow lie-spinners like yourselves to eat meat, and go ahead and bet your worthless body that you would be indeed killing it yourself or you would be eating it, because believe me the poor creature was battered , beaten, smothered, and murdered for you, plus you are scarfing it down your dirty old brownhole septic tank. I'm no youngster guys, I know for a fact that a hundred years ago old farmers would have seen you people today as extremly spoiled, eating food without learning the value of it, killing it yourself instead of kicking back and letting other people kill your innocent food animals for you, this exactly explains why you are Buddhist.
I put a bean down the property, so far I haven't had to take and water or feed it, the cold doesn't seem to bother it, plus someone looking to get an organ trasplant from it may have to wait till they develope organs, and the red blood. I ate an organic Banana but the tree is still alive, Black Walnuts, and the tree is alive. I would love to see you keep a pet plant, because they are beautiful. But I doubt that is going to happen, plus you'll have to get someone else to kill it for you before you can eat it.
For the truly pure of heart, all things are pure.

They eat food without being touched by lust or any actions which entailed it to be on your plate.
The Herbivore

Wyandotte, OK

#13 Jan 15, 2013
To further the buddhist silly ethics observation. I have never met in my entire life a cowboy, and believe me horse riders are rough as they sound, or a red neck, or a hillbilly with their rough voice and bearded face, or any country people associated with pride in being white, or bikers, a vegetarian, liitle-lone a natural herbivore they way they were created to be. Plus they'd laugh at people like you. They'd take you out and make you kill your own animals.
Most of these people spend most of their lives taking unnatural medicine, blood pressure pills, and calcium blockers, and blood thinners with asprin, and water pills just to stay alive from day to day otherwise they wold be dead. Nothing natural about eating immoral.

You may like to research the easy punching bag Hitler.
His niece had just died and whoever served his food that night put something like a pork ham on his dinner table, Hitler became disgusted, push it away, and said, killing an animal is like killing a human being. He went to his romm and no one heard from him in a long time because he spent most of his time in isolation.

Hitler ate meat. I could say Albert Einstein was a vegetarian. But he wasn't.
Hitler was a vegetarian like Bill Clinton is a vegeatarian, nether one of them would really care.

I lived in Bills state of Arkansas. The most redneck state in the nation. Guys talked about breaking Blacks legs, made moonshine, and liked fighing.

You toads have probably went to disney land. Had somebody make you some food.

The Herbivore

Wyandotte, OK

#14 Jan 15, 2013
All things are in no way pure. Toxic waste will kill you, bad judgement will kill you, a serial killer like Buddha will kill you, until he stopped hurting other beings like your human family that he may have enjoyed killing.

You eat magget infested dead animals coffins, because you're dirty, and you like to justify your dirty appitite.

And your son of the devil Buddha?? ha!
Hello

Flushing, NY

#15 Jan 15, 2013
The Herbivore wrote:
To further the buddhist silly ethics observation. I have never met in my entire life a cowboy, and believe me horse riders are rough as they sound, or a red neck, or a hillbilly with their rough voice and bearded face, or any country people associated with pride in being white, or bikers, a vegetarian, liitle-lone a natural herbivore they way they were created to be. Plus they'd laugh at people like you. They'd take you out and make you kill your own animals.
Most of these people spend most of their lives taking unnatural medicine, blood pressure pills, and calcium blockers, and blood thinners with asprin, and water pills just to stay alive from day to day otherwise they wold be dead. Nothing natural about eating immoral.
You may like to research the easy punching bag Hitler.
His niece had just died and whoever served his food that night put something like a pork ham on his dinner table, Hitler became disgusted, push it away, and said, killing an animal is like killing a human being. He went to his romm and no one heard from him in a long time because he spent most of his time in isolation.
Hitler ate meat. I could say Albert Einstein was a vegetarian. But he wasn't.
Hitler was a vegetarian like Bill Clinton is a vegeatarian, nether one of them would really care.
I lived in Bills state of Arkansas. The most redneck state in the nation. Guys talked about breaking Blacks legs, made moonshine, and liked fighing.
You toads have probably went to disney land. Had somebody make you some food.
Rambling incoherencies on and on and on.
The Herbivore

Wyandotte, OK

#16 Jan 15, 2013
your personal opinion, let's note that one mans junk is another mans treasure.

throwing insult is the same a shell to the turtle, his shell is his only defense when he is frightened.

stay with the pawn shops pal, buddha probably would have owned one and bought you crap.
Hello

Flushing, NY

#17 Jan 15, 2013
The Herbivore wrote:
All things are in no way pure. Toxic waste will kill you, bad judgement will kill you, a serial killer like Buddha will kill you, until he stopped hurting other beings like your human family that he may have enjoyed killing.
You eat magget infested dead animals coffins, because you're dirty, and you like to justify your dirty appitite.
And your son of the devil Buddha?? ha!
To the pure, all is pure. To evil people such as yourself, even a potato chip will be poison.
The Herbivore

Wyandotte, OK

#18 Jan 15, 2013
He'd feed you a little of the brotherly love hypnosis. "Hypnotise yourself, become bald headed and delusional"

I'd eat Jesus' manure before I'd become a pawn to a dreamy buddha. completely dead, he lived his last life, desire to end his suffering, by philosophy, than putting oneself out of your misery for good.

Jeezz. Talk about living with your head up your ass.

and than people folowing you?

Makes me feel like I'm missing the Taliban.
The Herbivore

Wyandotte, OK

#19 Jan 15, 2013
I bet not one of you people have ever watch the video or viewed the links I provided.

Too busy being a liar and sinner, because you're you feel your untouched and pure, or too bong hits, and lots time smoking the hash, or herion, because you feel you ain't abusing itand you're untouched.

My advice to people. Want to be religous? Find one that is not degenerated. Ask a Hindu or Christian perhaps.
The Herbivore

Wyandotte, OK

#20 Jan 15, 2013
You really think someone here is following you? Everybody here watching you blow your garbage, knows you're an insecure person, they just enjoy the laugh. You're philosophy is as good as bunk junk.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buddhism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Religion Isn't Responsible for Violence 1 hr True Christian wi... 6
Vietnamese PM prays at Bodh Gaya, says Buddhism... 15 hr kurma 13
Nuns show us what merit really means 20 hr Hello 2
Protesting the Dalai Lama 3 22 hr Hello 2
Protesting the Dalai Lama 2 . 23 hr mophyse 1
Protesting the Dalai Lama Wed mophyse 1
Dalai Lama visit sparks protests in Birmingham . Wed mophyse 6

Buddhism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE