Americanized Buddhism

Jan 12, 2013 Full story: The Japan Times 15

ZEN QUESTIONS: Zazen, Dogen, and the Spirit of Creative Inquiry, by Taigen Dan Leighton.

Full Story
Raj at Eart

Redondo Beach, CA

#1 Jan 13, 2013
Americanized Buddhism is eat a lot of hamburgers and kill people in the Middle East. Terrorize the world into doing what the Americans want and give them hell.
Hello

Flushing, NY

#2 Jan 13, 2013
Raj at Eart wrote:
Americanized Buddhism is eat a lot of hamburgers and kill people in the Middle East. Terrorize the world into doing what the Americans want and give them hell.
Hinduism is killing little baby girls, raping them, celebrating bestiality in temples and then giving lectures to Americans on morality.
DDR

Los Angeles, CA

#3 Jan 13, 2013
Raj at Eart wrote:
You sound more like a Muslim than Hindu.

Believe it or not , there are even Muslims pretending to be Buddhist here.
Raj at Earth

Redondo Beach, CA

#4 Jan 13, 2013
DDR wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound more like a Muslim than Hindu.
Believe it or not , there are even Muslims pretending to be Buddhist here.
I am born Hindu, though I took some Buddhism classes in College. At first, I found Buddhism to be fantastical in what it preached. I then found that most Buddhists around the world eat meat, kill animals, wage war and then did not think much of the religion. I had many Muslim friends in college and thought they are decent people. I used to hate the Muslim people because of what Hinduism preached and then met many muslim people and felt they were ok. I don't really like most American people ever since they bombed Baghdad over some oil issues. America continues its rain of tyranny in Afghanistan, Libya, Pakistan and Iran. My advice to the Arab people is not to sell any oil to the American and Western European people. The Arab people have a lot of people, land, food and other things. They don't need euros or dollars. In any event, America makes it very hard for the Arabs and Chienese to spend the dollars they do have. From the Arab prespective, billions of dollars are nothing more than a pile of paper.

I think in the forseeable future the value of the Euro and Dollar will erode in comparision to the Russian Ruble, Indian Rupee, Chinese Yuan, the Middle East Dinar and various African currencies. I think the American people are being lied to about their true capabilities in sports, education, economy, diplomacy and other things. American people do not want others to step on their property or touch their things or harm them in any way but they continue to bomb the middle east and kill hundredes of thousands of people. There is a long term consequense of their actions and mostly nothing good. I forsee the Americans and Arabs at war with one another for thousands of years. I forsee the Christians and Muslims killing each other for thousands of years. If you read the Bible and Quran, you will find many similarities.

http://www.sacred-texts.com/world.htm
Raj at Earth

Redondo Beach, CA

#5 Jan 13, 2013
Hello wrote:
<quoted text>
Hinduism is killing little baby girls, raping them, celebrating bestiality in temples and then giving lectures to Americans on morality.
You speak of the extreme news. You should look for the greater truth.
Anguli

UK

#6 Jan 13, 2013
Raj at Earth wrote:
<quoted text>
I am born Hindu, though I took some Buddhism classes in College. At first, I found Buddhism to be fantastical in what it preached. I then found that most Buddhists around the world eat meat, kill animals, wage war and then did not think much of the religion. I had many Muslim friends in college and thought they are decent people. I used to hate the Muslim people because of what Hinduism preached and then met many muslim people and felt they were ok. I don't really like most American people ever since they bombed Baghdad over some oil issues. America continues its rain of tyranny in Afghanistan, Libya, Pakistan and Iran. My advice to the Arab people is not to sell any oil to the American and Western European people. The Arab people have a lot of people, land, food and other things. They don't need euros or dollars. In any event, America makes it very hard for the Arabs and Chienese to spend the dollars they do have. From the Arab prespective, billions of dollars are nothing more than a pile of paper.
I think in the forseeable future the value of the Euro and Dollar will erode in comparision to the Russian Ruble, Indian Rupee, Chinese Yuan, the Middle East Dinar and various African currencies. I think the American people are being lied to about their true capabilities in sports, education, economy, diplomacy and other things. American people do not want others to step on their property or touch their things or harm them in any way but they continue to bomb the middle east and kill hundredes of thousands of people. There is a long term consequense of their actions and mostly nothing good. I forsee the Americans and Arabs at war with one another for thousands of years. I forsee the Christians and Muslims killing each other for thousands of years. If you read the Bible and Quran, you will find many similarities.
http://www.sacred-texts.com/world.htm
Interesting... you post the exact same stuff in the islam forums under a muslim name and now you post here pretending to be a hindu, your rethoric gives you away quite easily. A hindu my foot!
Raj at Earth

Redondo Beach, CA

#7 Jan 13, 2013
Anguli wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting... you post the exact same stuff in the islam forums under a muslim name and now you post here pretending to be a hindu, your rethoric gives you away quite easily. A hindu my foot!
I believe that all religions have problems. It is just a story book or if you like a history book. You know, the Quran, the Bible, the Li Ki, the Pali Cannons, the Ramayan, the Mahabharata, the Bantu. The African people generally agree, that it is just a story book. The African people call the Christians a two faced devil, but isn't that true of all religions. You know, the good and the bad. I am like a moderate Hindu. I was a fundemental Hindu when I lived in India but then I saw more of the world and became a moderate. In truth, these days I search for the universal truths and do not get stuck on any praticular ideology, philosophy or religion.
DDR

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#8 Jan 13, 2013
Someone is trying to malign Buddhism but did not admit that they are Muslims because :

1. The person will get to hear all the disgusting aspects of Islam which he/she can't handle.

2. They know if Hindus , Buddhists, and Christians are cooperating , that will be the end of Islam terrorism ! So the person claims to be a Hindu instead . I guess planting someone disguising as a Buddhist doesn't fool people, now they send someone to criticize Buddhists while not admitting they are Muslims and using other religion's name .

Devious !
Hello

Flushing, NY

#9 Jan 13, 2013
Raj at Earth wrote:
<quoted text>
You speak of the extreme news. You should look for the greater truth.
One need only look at India for the greater truth--corrupt to the core.
DDR

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#10 Jan 13, 2013
Why would a Hindu give a hoot about the Middle East! I am guessing people would be more concern about Muslims in Pakistan trying to encroach and take over more and more land from India.
Raj at Earth

Redondo Beach, CA

#11 Jan 14, 2013
DDR wrote:
Why would a Hindu give a hoot about the Middle East! I am guessing people would be more concern about Muslims in Pakistan trying to encroach and take over more and more land from India.
In America, I constantly hear of people wanting peace but their actions in the Middle East speak otherwise. I think it is the American Christians telling the world something, more than just the Muslims of the Middle East. Obviously, the world will have stuff to say when America and Western Europe do that much bombing in the Middle East. America wants the entire world to boycott Iran, but India and China continue to buy a whole lot of oil from Iran and the Middle East. I am in support of World War 3. It will be good for humanity.
Hello

Flushing, NY

#12 Jan 14, 2013
World war 3 would be to get rid of Islam.
Raj at Earth

Redondo Beach, CA

#13 Jan 14, 2013
Hello wrote:
World war 3 would be to get rid of Islam.
Looks like you don't muslims. Have you ever read the Quran? It is just like the Bible or Torah, full of stories.

Buddha did say that, anything that beings does end. So will Islam, Hinduism, Christianity, Buddhism and other religions. It is like watching a movie, after a few hours it comes to an end.
DDR

Oceanside, CA

#14 Jan 15, 2013
Doe that mean you will allow others to make your life a nightmare? Nowhere does the teaching say that . Don't jump the wrong conclusion or make false assumption!
Hello

Flushing, NY

#15 Jan 15, 2013
Raj at Earth wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks like you don't muslims. Have you ever read the Quran? It is just like the Bible or Torah, full of stories.
Buddha did say that, anything that beings does end. So will Islam, Hinduism, Christianity, Buddhism and other religions. It is like watching a movie, after a few hours it comes to an end.
What a mind. I said nothing except, ww3 would be to get rid of Islam. It's a prediction.

Unlike you, I actually understand what I read.

I have read all the scriptures, Buddhism is the most awesome.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buddhism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Beijing protests Japanese remark on Indian border Jan 24 Nobody 3
China Warns Pope Against Meeting Dalai Lama Jan 22 Hello 1
Buddhist relics Shown To Pope Jan 22 Hello 1
Are non Buddhists Breeding like Rabbits? Jan 21 Hello 1
Daily life of monastics in Burma Jan 20 Hello 1
Restaurant Opens Door For The Poor Jan 20 Hello 1
American funded Missionaries causing Havoc in A... Jan 19 Hello 5
More from around the web