Gabe's View: Peace In The Holy Land?

Full story: WNBC New York
This is the story of two middle-class families -- one Muslim, the other Jewish. They live in Israel's third largest city, Haifa, which, on this sunny day seemed serene and peaceful. Full Story
Christy Besozzi

Weston, OH

#1 May 12, 2008
Just a little note of clarity about the Baha'i Faith's beautiful gardens, the administrative buildings (the World Center of the faith), and Shrine of the Bab on Mount Carmel. The author mentions the Baha'i "religious order". Wikipedia defines a religious order as "a lineage of communities and organizations of people who live in some way set apart from society in accordance with their specific religious devotion, usually characterized by the principles of its founder's religious practice."
There is no such entity within the Baha'i Faith. We do not have clergy, monks, nuns or any such communities with the faith. We all live in the secular world, not in cloistered communities, even the elected representatives of the faith in local, national and international administrative bodies. The Shrine of the Bab is the final resting place of the Bab (b. 1817, d. 1850; means in English "the Gate") who was the Forerunner of Baha'u'llah (b.1817, d.1892), the Prophet-Founder of the Faith Whom Baha'is believe to be the Messiah to the Jews, the Return of Christ, the Great Announcement to the Muslims, the Fifth Buddha, and the Tenth Avatar to the Hindus, among the many titles the major faiths have for their prophesied redeemer.

The Baha'i Faith is an Abrahamic religion, too, since Baha'u'llah was a descendant of Abraham through his third wife, Keturah.

And this average Baha'i from Ohio wishes to express her heartfelt prayer that the descendants of Isaac and Ishmael (the Jews and Arabs, respectively) make peace with each other. The messages of the Oneness of God, the oneness of humankind, and the oneness of religion are key tenets of the teachings that Baha'u'llah brought to this world for this age.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bahai Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Opinion: Iran should stand trial for persecutio... 3 hr henry 1
Persecuted in Iran, Baha'is worse off in Iraq Sep '14 Shaq 1
Faith Forum: What religion does God follow? (Nov '12) Feb '14 Hilarious 47
Supreme Court to hear new case on religion in p... (Nov '13) Nov '13 woodtick57 6
Baha'i Fallacies and Contradictions (May '08) Oct '13 RonPrice9 36
Interfaith Initiative Centre County | A journey... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Kathwynn 1
They gave up their lives for their faith (Jun '13) Jul '13 Trisha 14

Bahai People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE