Does your faith influence how you vot...

Does your faith influence how you vote? A Baha'i Perspective

There are 3 comments on the dailyuw.com story from Nov 1, 2008, titled Does your faith influence how you vote? A Baha'i Perspective. In it, dailyuw.com reports that:

In the highly contentious political climate we live in, the Baha'i approach to political involvement might raise some eyebrows....

Join the discussion below, or Read more at dailyuw.com.

The REAL Deal

Huntington, WV

#1 Nov 3, 2008
Finally, a religion who doesn't speak about politics. THAT I can respect. Would you send this article to the Vatican,please?
I know nothing about your religion,but I respect your political views. None.

Since: Nov 08

Berkeley Springs

#2 Nov 3, 2008
Religion has very little to do with my vote. To each his own I say.

Bahá'í, founded on May 23, 1844, sounds decent and peaceful though.

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bah%C3%A1%27%C3%... :

The Bahá'í Faith is a religion founded by Bahá'u'lláh in nineteenth-century Persia, emphasizing the spiritual unity of all humankind.[1] There are an estimated five to six million Bahá'ís around the world in more than 200 countries and territories.[2][3]

Bahá'í teachings emphasize the underlying unity of the major world religions. Religious history is seen to have unfolded through a series of divine messengers, each of whom established a religion that was suited to the needs of the time and the capacity of the people.
The REAL Deal

Huntington, WV

#3 Nov 4, 2008
I agree. But who checks the messenger's credentials?I don't believe in ANY religion at all, and all who claim to be messengers of god are liars. What we need is a faith in ourselvs,not some imaginary friend. Elmo is not god.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bahai Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Opinion: Iran should stand trial for persecutio... (Oct '14) Sep '15 kyle 2
News Persecuted in Iran, Baha'is worse off in Iraq (Sep '14) Sep '14 Shaq 1
News Faith Forum: What religion does God follow? (Nov '12) Feb '14 Hilarious 47
News Supreme Court to hear new case on religion in p... (Nov '13) Nov '13 woodtick57 6
Baha'i Fallacies and Contradictions (May '08) Oct '13 RonPrice9 36
News Interfaith Initiative Centre County | A journey... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Kathwynn 1
News They gave up their lives for their faith (Jun '13) Jul '13 Trisha 14
More from around the web