Local faithful meet for National Day ...

Local faithful meet for National Day of Prayer

There are 2 comments on the Akron Beacon Journal story from May 1, 2008, titled Local faithful meet for National Day of Prayer. In it, Akron Beacon Journal reports that:

Hundreds of people gathered in downtown Akron today to pray for the nation. About 250 people assembled on the front steps of the Summit County Courthouse, where public prayers were done in the name of Jesus.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Akron Beacon Journal.

concerned citizen

Oshkosh, WI

#1 May 1, 2008
a personal relationship with christ? someone explain that to me please
Nuthin New

Tulsa, OK

#2 May 1, 2008
concerned citizen wrote:
a personal relationship with christ? someone explain that to me please
It's 'fundie-christey speak' for "I will use the approved words and behave the approved way so your little club will accept me and make me feel special."
The idea grows out of some theologians in the 19th century who needed a way to further separate themselves from other christian denominations.
They invented this idea of 'a personal relationship' with Jesus as a litmus test for true believers.
It isn't biblical, and it isn't historically Christian.
Just more mubo jumbo for to confuse and manipulate people.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bahai Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Opinion: Iran should stand trial for persecutio... (Oct '14) Oct '16 Ivonka22 3
News Baha'i Student Expelled and Banned from Univers... (Sep '16) Sep '16 Brexit 2
News Persecuted in Iran, Baha'is worse off in Iraq (Sep '14) Sep '14 Shaq 1
News Faith Forum: What religion does God follow? (Nov '12) Feb '14 Hilarious 47
News Supreme Court to hear new case on religion in p... (Nov '13) Nov '13 woodtick57 6
Baha'i Fallacies and Contradictions (May '08) Oct '13 RonPrice9 36
News Interfaith Initiative Centre County | A journey... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Kathwynn 1
More from around the web