Faith radio comes to the Web

Apr 11, 2009 Full story: www.sunherald.com 23

It has been estimated that there are as many as 1,800 different religious groups in the United States. That number includes not only hundreds of Christian denominations, but also various sects of and numerous branches from other major world religions such as Hinduism, Buddhism, Islam and Judaism.

In addition, there are many new religions and new religious movements that now grace American soil. Groups such as the Baha’i, the Wiccans and various New Age religions also emerged in America during the 20th century and have grown even more prominent in the 21st century.

As an instructor of religious studies at USM, I am constantly looking for ways to bring awareness of what is happening on the religious scene to the public. This is why I have created and now host a new radio program on WUSM-FM called “As a Matter of Faith.”[....]

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
The REAL Deal

United States

#21 Apr 20, 2009
Hello wrote:
<quoted text>
Buddhists are the most peaceful-- compared to other religions and athiests as well:)
Not Buddist. But Zen Buddist.
The NON zen buddist are just as violent as anyone.
Ask a fighting monk.
Hello

Oakland Gardens, NY

#22 Apr 20, 2009
The REAL Deal wrote:
<quoted text>
Not Buddist. But Zen Buddist.
The NON zen buddist are just as violent as anyone.
Ask a fighting monk.
fighting monks don't fight anyone.

“bungai terong”

Since: Mar 08

lantang senang belama

#23 May 3, 2009
'most peaceful' are those who abandon violence & hatred in their heart,it has got nothing to do with religious labels.

tq

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bahai Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Persecuted in Iran, Baha'is worse off in Iraq Sep '14 Shaq 1
Faith Forum: What religion does God follow? (Nov '12) Feb '14 Hilarious 47
Supreme Court to hear new case on religion in p... (Nov '13) Nov '13 woodtick57 6
Baha'i Fallacies and Contradictions (May '08) Oct '13 RonPrice9 36
Interfaith Initiative Centre County | A journey... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Kathwynn 1
They gave up their lives for their faith (Jun '13) Jul '13 Trisha 14
Baha'i had higher expectations (Jun '13) Jun '13 StrongHelmet 1

Bahai People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE