Faith radio comes to the Web

Apr 11, 2009 Full story: www.sunherald.com 23

It has been estimated that there are as many as 1,800 different religious groups in the United States. That number includes not only hundreds of Christian denominations, but also various sects of and numerous branches from other major world religions such as Hinduism, Buddhism, Islam and Judaism.

In addition, there are many new religions and new religious movements that now grace American soil. Groups such as the Baha’i, the Wiccans and various New Age religions also emerged in America during the 20th century and have grown even more prominent in the 21st century.

As an instructor of religious studies at USM, I am constantly looking for ways to bring awareness of what is happening on the religious scene to the public. This is why I have created and now host a new radio program on WUSM-FM called “As a Matter of Faith.”[....]

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
The REAL Deal

United States

#1 Apr 11, 2009
A whole station dedicated to fear.
Hello

Everton, MO

#2 Apr 11, 2009
There's nothing in the article about fear.
The REAL Deal

United States

#3 Apr 14, 2009
Hello wrote:
There's nothing in the article about fear.
Religion is ruling by fear.
Religion is the reason for the evil in the world.
Just ask a priest,he'll tell you.
Hello

United States

#4 Apr 15, 2009
The REAL Deal wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion is ruling by fear.
Religion is the reason for the evil in the world.
Just ask a priest,he'll tell you.
Oh really? Historically, religion was responsible for most of the charity, hospitals and universities in the world.

I think you are mistaken
The REAL Deal

United States

#5 Apr 16, 2009
Hello wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh really? Historically, religion was responsible for most of the charity, hospitals and universities in the world.
I think you are mistaken
Of course you do, you believe in God. Regardless, violence is INSPIRED by religion. The Crusades, the inquasition, doctors being murderd,bombs at the Atlanta olympics, 9/11/01, doctors offices being blown up, and my personal fave, a christian murdering a doctor right in front of his children.
Almost all wars are the result of one religion or another. And don't forget those wacky Islamics and thier happy murder spree.
Sorry, you need an education on just how violent religious freaks are.
Hello

United States

#6 Apr 16, 2009
The REAL Deal wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course you do, you believe in God. Regardless, violence is INSPIRED by religion. The Crusades, the inquasition, doctors being murderd,bombs at the Atlanta olympics, 9/11/01, doctors offices being blown up, and my personal fave, a christian murdering a doctor right in front of his children.
Almost all wars are the result of one religion or another. And don't forget those wacky Islamics and thier happy murder spree.
Sorry, you need an education on just how violent religious freaks are.
Hmm, most wars were started due to secular reasons...not religion. Crusades are an exception.
The REAL Deal

United States

#7 Apr 16, 2009
Hello wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmm, most wars were started due to secular reasons...not religion. Crusades are an exception.
It's still millions murderd by Christians.
Good argument.
Hello

United States

#8 Apr 17, 2009
The REAL Deal wrote:
<quoted text>
It's still millions murderd by Christians.
Good argument.
Yes and it was due mostly to political reasons, not religious. No Christian can justify the use of disease laden blankets for american Indians because "Christ said so"...

Since: Sep 08

Huntington, WV

#9 Apr 18, 2009
Actually, the Crusades were not politically motivated at all! It WAS a purely religious concept: Kill any who don't worship the same God as we do.
Inquistion by Ferdinand and Isabella of Spain: Same reason, with a little added insanity on Isabella's side.
Christians have been trying to get the Moors, Arabs, Muslims and all the other names they have carried through the millenia to believe in the Christian way.

But, most people do not realize Christianity is still a relatively new concept in the annals of time! The oldest known religion is Wiccan, or Naturism and if anyone disagrees, he/she needs to take a course in the History of Religion.
And even some Naturists have done terrible deeds in the name of their religion!
Hello

United States

#10 Apr 18, 2009
ANS wrote:
Actually, the Crusades were not politically motivated at all! It WAS a purely religious concept: Kill any who don't worship the same God as we do.
Inquistion by Ferdinand and Isabella of Spain: Same reason, with a little added insanity on Isabella's side.
Christians have been trying to get the Moors, Arabs, Muslims and all the other names they have carried through the millenia to believe in the Christian way.
But, most people do not realize Christianity is still a relatively new concept in the annals of time! The oldest known religion is Wiccan, or Naturism and if anyone disagrees, he/she needs to take a course in the History of Religion.
And even some Naturists have done terrible deeds in the name of their religion!
The crusades was in response to Islamic aggression, which continues to this day. The middle east which was once Buddhist, then Christian and became Islamic due to a delay in the crusades.

Wiccan religion is nothing more than an attempt to revive a dead culture...similar to Hinduism and Judaism...these are not ancient religions, because they have no continuity of lineage.

All pre-Buddhist religions were lineage based. Buddha broke that system apart.
The REAL Deal

United States

#11 Apr 18, 2009
Hello wrote:
<quoted text>
The crusades was in response to Islamic aggression, which continues to this day. The middle east which was once Buddhist, then Christian and became Islamic due to a delay in the crusades.
Wiccan religion is nothing more than an attempt to revive a dead culture...similar to Hinduism and Judaism...these are not ancient religions, because they have no continuity of lineage.
All pre-Buddhist religions were lineage based. Buddha broke that system apart.
Wow, what a bunch of crap. Christian, muslims, it doesn't matter,it the religion's that cause the hate and death.
Beli Mawr

Farmington, NM

#12 Apr 18, 2009
Jesus doesn't rule me by fear, but by love. But, I don't attend church, I just speak and read about Him, not his self-appointed and highly paid wife beating clergy, either.

Magic cookie on Sunday doesn't fix what you did and said the past week, either. Only God Himself does.
The REAL Deal

United States

#13 Apr 18, 2009
Beli Mawr wrote:
Jesus doesn't rule me by fear, but by love. But, I don't attend church, I just speak and read about Him, not his self-appointed and highly paid wife beating clergy, either.
Magic cookie on Sunday doesn't fix what you did and said the past week, either. Only God Himself does.
If there were a god, he wouldn't send some bastard kid to save us.
Anonymous

Fairfield, CA

#14 Apr 18, 2009
The REAL Deal

United States

#15 Apr 19, 2009
Jesus is a lie. God is a lie. You believe in a magical figure who is all powerfull and yet does nothing. Sorry kids, the UFO and GHOST cultist seem normal in comparison. At least they saw something.
Beli Mawr

Farmington, NM

#16 Apr 19, 2009
"he wouldn't send some bastard kid to save us."

He didn't, he sent Himself.

"You believe in a magical figure who is all powerfull and yet does nothing."

He does them for me.

"At least they saw something. "

Right. Proof? And why if just seeing something would matter?

Go to the east end. If you drink and do drugs, you see things too, I'm sue. No improvements there, either.

Just cops having sex with locals against their will, and covering their drug dealers while the place degenerates into a war zone and they ask for more money to "stop" it, meaning, they ask more money to help them control their own owned drug dealers
The REAL Deal

United States

#17 Apr 19, 2009
Beli Mawr wrote:
"he wouldn't send some bastard kid to save us."
He didn't, he sent Himself.
"You believe in a magical figure who is all powerfull and yet does nothing."
He does them for me.
"At least they saw something. "
Right. Proof? And why if just seeing something would matter?
Go to the east end. If you drink and do drugs, you see things too, I'm sue. No improvements there, either.
Just cops having sex with locals against their will, and covering their drug dealers while the place degenerates into a war zone and they ask for more money to "stop" it, meaning, they ask more money to help them control their own owned drug dealers
New Mexico,eh? How's that border war going? God save anyone?
There is no god, just weak willed fools who believe. As long as you're controlled by fear,you will never see the light.
Hello

United States

#18 Apr 19, 2009
The REAL Deal wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, what a bunch of crap. Christian, muslims, it doesn't matter,it the religion's that cause the hate and death.
Man's ignorance is the cause of war, not religion.

The true religion itself is covered by ignorance, as Buddhists we fight against this ignorance through meditation and doing good works.
The REAL Deal

United States

#19 Apr 19, 2009
Hey, Buddah was a peacefull kinds guy. His followers, not so much.
All religion is based on fear.
Hello

United States

#20 Apr 19, 2009
The REAL Deal wrote:
Hey, Buddah was a peacefull kinds guy. His followers, not so much.
All religion is based on fear.
Buddhists are the most peaceful-- compared to other religions and athiests as well:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bahai Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Persecuted in Iran, Baha'is worse off in Iraq Sep '14 Shaq 1
Faith Forum: What religion does God follow? (Nov '12) Feb '14 Hilarious 47
Supreme Court to hear new case on religion in p... (Nov '13) Nov '13 woodtick57 6
Baha'i Fallacies and Contradictions (May '08) Oct '13 RonPrice9 36
Interfaith Initiative Centre County | A journey... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Kathwynn 1
They gave up their lives for their faith (Jun '13) Jul '13 Trisha 14
Baha'i had higher expectations (Jun '13) Jun '13 StrongHelmet 1

Bahai People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE