Baha'i Community Calls For Peace In Iran

Full story: WFMZ

It's been more than a year since 7 leaders of the Baha'i religion were imprisoned in Iran.
Comments
1 - 8 of 8 Comments Last updated Jun 17, 2009
WTH isgoingon

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2009

and if you people remember.
because of that Lie we went to war in 91
I just gonna say that this maybe true the Iranians don't like the Baha'i Community
but i have been seeing some things that make me think that this is just a excuse to start a WAR with the "2nd Larger OIL producer in the World".
What you think...
Ross Campbell

Burnaby, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2009

While we certainly deplore the abuse and injustices of Iranian authorities towards Baha'is in that Nation, we consider that readers should be informed that The National Spiritual Assembly of Baha'is of the United States is acting with a similar attitude and plans towards Orthodox Baha'is in America as the attitude and plans of Iranian authorities towards Baha'is who live in that Nation. The National Spiritual Assembly of Baha'is of the United States is attempting to use U.S. Courts to force Orthodox Baha'is to stop practicing their Faith, stopping them from identifying themselves as Baha'is or using the name Baha'i or the symbols of their Faith. The National Spiritual Assembly
failed in its Court Action to deprive Orthodox Baha'is of their freedom of religion and now the National Spiritual Assembly filed an appeal to the Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals of Judge Amy J. St. Eve's decision in favor of the Orthodox Baha'i Faith. Here is the link which leads to the details of the Court Action: http://www.truebahai.com/court_case.html

Evidently the goal/plan of the leadership of the large body of Baha'is concerning Orthodox Baha'is parallels the goal/plan of Islamic leaders in Iran towards Baha'is, namely to eradicate them, and the justification of the leadership of the large body of Baha'is for its actions against Orthodox Baha'is is identical, namely, that it considers Orthodox Baha'is to be apostates (heretical/Covenant-breakers).
MAX PAIN

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2009

WTH isgoingon wrote:
and if you people remember.
because of that Lie we went to war in 91
I just gonna say that this maybe true the Iranians don't like the Baha'i Community
but i have been seeing some things that make me think that this is just a excuse to start a WAR with the "2nd Larger OIL producer in the World".
What you think...
That's why they need nuclear technology...because of their oil and natural gas reserves? They will have to be dealt with sooner or later.
WCS

Ceres, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2009

“Evidently the goal/plan of the leadership of the large body of Baha'is concerning Orthodox Baha'is parallels the goal/plan of Islamic leaders in Iran towards Baha'is, namely to eradicate them….”

To compare what the US Bahá’í National Assembly is doing to prevent a religious group not adhering to the Bahá’í teachings from using the name Bahá’í to the persecution of the Bahá’ís of Iran is ludicrous. For one thing, any time a group has to tack on the name “Orthodox”(meaning “accepted”) to its label, you can pretty much be sure it isn’t orthodox at all but a splinter group not accepted by the generality of the faithful. For some reason, there are several such groups that can’t or won’t heed the Bahá’í writings and have come up with their own versions of what those writings specify as far as authorized leadership and some other teachings are concerned. The Bahá’í Faith is defined by its writings. If anyone wants to form a group based on other ideas, that’s fine, but they shouldn’t expect to be allowed to use the name Bahá’í. These few small splinter groups usually have someone claiming leadership in spite of the writings of the Faith that forbid such a claim by anyone. The Bahá’í Faith has managed its affairs very well through boards of council prescribed by the writings and elected by its members in accordance with those writings. Any other kind of leadership (such as a “Guardian”) not specified in the writings is not Bahá’í, so any group with such a leader should not be using the Bahá’í name. It is important to protect the name of the Faith from those who would appropriate it for their own purposes, or the Bahá’í Faith could fall into schism as so many have in the past.
RossCampbell

Burnaby, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2009

"JIM WEST: In America where we do have freedom of speech and freedom of belief and freedom of thought. We can stand up for the rights of those who don't."

While we certainly deplore the abuse and injustices of Iranian authorities towards Baha'is in that Nation, we consider that readers should be informed that The National Spiritual Assembly of Baha'is of the United States is acting with a similar attitude and plans towards Orthodox Baha'is in America as the attitude and plans of Iranian authorities towards Baha'is who live in that Nation. The National Spiritual Assembly of Baha'is of the United States is attempting to use U.S. Courts to force Orthodox Baha'is to stop practicing their Faith, stopping them from identifying themselves as Baha'is or using the name Baha'i or the symbols of their Faith. The National Spiritual Assembly
failed in its Court Action to deprive Orthodox Baha'is of their freedom of religion and now the National Spiritual Assembly filed an appeal to the Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals of Judge Amy J. St. Eve's decision in favor of the Orthodox Baha'i Faith. Here is the link which leads to the details of the Court Action: http://www.truebahai.com/court_case.html

Evidently the goal/plan of the leadership of the large body of Baha'is concerning Orthodox Baha'is parallels the goal/plan of Islamic leaders in Iran towards Baha'is, namely to eradicate them, and the justification of the leadership of the large body of Baha'is for its actions against Orthodox Baha'is is identical, namely, that it considers Orthodox Baha'is to be apostates (heretical/Covenant-breakers).
WCS

Ceres, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2009

RossCampbell wrote:
There is simply no comparison between the persecution Bahá'ís in Iran are experiencing and anything your group is. If you want to believe the things you do, no one is going to even try to stop you. Certainly no Bahá'í would ever hurt you. But to call those beliefs Bahá'í is what is wrong, not that you have to stop believing what you want. The Bahá'í Faith is defined in its writings not by the believers. You don't follow those writings, so there is no reason to call yourself a Bahá'í. Try something else and I'm sure our leadership will be fine with it. And you won't be eradicated and will be truer to your beliefs anyway. The Bahá'í Faith doesn't have a Guardian since the one we did have had no children at the time he passed 51 years ago and the writings specified his successor must not only be the firstborn male of his own lineal descendants but his appointment by Shoghi Effendi would have had to have been approved by the Hands of the Cause. None of this, it turned out, was possible or ever will be. Take it or leave it, but please don't call yourself a Bahá'í, "orthodox," "true," or otherwise, if you're going to ignore essential and clear instructions in the sacred writings and make up your own religion and hierarchy.
RossCampbell

Burnaby, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2009

"To compare what the US Bahá’í National Assembly is doing to prevent a religious group not adhering to the Bahá’í teachings from using the name Bahá’í to the persecution of the Bahá’ís of Iran is ludicrous."
Evidently you do not consider the sacred and immutable Will and Testament of 'Abdu'l-Baha' to be Baha'i teachings despite the fact that Shoghi effendi, the first of our Baha'i Guardians, identified that Holy Document to be "The Charter of the New World Order" and "The Child of the Covenant", "The greatest emanation of His mind."
It is the "greatest emanation" of the mind of the Holy Master,'Abdu'l-Baha' and yet your NSA and your sans-guardian group rejects most of the sacred Instructions of the Master enshrined in His Will and Testament, namely the Instructions for Guardians and Hands of the Cause. Orthodox Baha'is hold fast to ALL of His Instructions, in keeping with the meaning of the word orthodox, namely, holding to the original teaching. You need to acquire a larger dictionary which provides the true sense of the word orthodox.
Shoghi Effendi wrote on page 4 of WOB that the Kitab-i-Aqdas, The Most Holy Book, together with the Will and Testament of 'Abdu'l-Baha' are "inseparable parts of one complete unit" which means that the Will and testament is equally immutable/unchangeable as the Most Holy Book. Your NSA has rejected/abrogated most of the Holy Instructions of the Master enshrined in His Will and Testament, the very Constitution for the Kingdom of God on Earth.
'Abdu'l-Baha' is the Center of the Baha'i Covenant. Who will He consider worthy to bear the name Baha'i, those who reject/deny His sacred Instructions or those who fulfill this requirement for identification of true Baha'is formulated in writing officially by Shoghi Effendi:
"loyal and steadfast adherence to every clause of our Beloved's sacred Will"?
Let readers judge for themselves.
WCS wrote:
“Evidently the goal/plan of the leadership of the large body of Baha'is concerning Orthodox Baha'is parallels the goal/plan of Islamic leaders in Iran towards Baha'is, namely to eradicate them….”
To compare what the US Bahá’í National Assembly is doing to prevent a religious group not adhering to the Bahá’í teachings from using the name Bahá’í to the persecution of the Bahá’ís of Iran is ludicrous. For one thing, any time a group has to tack on the name “Orthodox”(meaning “accepted”) to its label, you can pretty much be sure it isn’t orthodox at all but a splinter group not accepted by the generality of the faithful. For some reason, there are several such groups that can’t or won’t heed the Bahá’í writings and have come up with their own versions of what those writings specify as far as authorized leadership and some other teachings are concerned. The Bahá’í Faith is defined by its writings. If anyone wants to form a group based on other ideas, that’s fine, but they shouldn’t expect to be allowed to use the name Bahá’í. These few small splinter groups usually have someone claiming leadership in spite of the writings of the Faith that forbid such a claim by anyone. The Bahá’í Faith has managed its affairs very well through boards of council prescribed by the writings and elected by its members in accordance with those writings. Any other kind of leadership (such as a “Guardian”) not specified in the writings is not Bahá’í, so any group with such a leader should not be using the Bahá’í name. It is important to protect the name of the Faith from those who would appropriate it for their own purposes, or the Bahá’í Faith could fall into schism as so many have in the past.
RossCampbell

Burnaby, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2009

WCS:
"There is simply no comparison between the persecution Bahá'ís in Iran are experiencing and anything your group is. If you want to believe the things you do, no one is going to even try to stop you."

Are you unaware of the sanctions for contempt of Court?--confiscation of properties and bank accounts etc.,etc. Your NSA is attempting to place Orthodox Baha'is as targets for Court sanctions for contempt of Court:
http://www.truebahai.com/court_case.html
Do you have such audacity to say that your group's leadership is not trying to stop us? Your examination of this Court aggression by your NSA is evidently a very superficial glance, if that.
WCS wrote:
<quoted text>
There is simply no comparison between the persecution Bahá'ís in Iran are experiencing and anything your group is. If you want to believe the things you do, no one is going to even try to stop you. Certainly no Bahá'í would ever hurt you. But to call those beliefs Bahá'í is what is wrong, not that you have to stop believing what you want. The Bahá'í Faith is defined in its writings not by the believers. You don't follow those writings, so there is no reason to call yourself a Bahá'í. Try something else and I'm sure our leadership will be fine with it. And you won't be eradicated and will be truer to your beliefs anyway. The Bahá'í Faith doesn't have a Guardian since the one we did have had no children at the time he passed 51 years ago and the writings specified his successor must not only be the firstborn male of his own lineal descendants but his appointment by Shoghi Effendi would have had to have been approved by the Hands of the Cause. None of this, it turned out, was possible or ever will be. Take it or leave it, but please don't call yourself a Bahá'í, "orthodox," "true," or otherwise, if you're going to ignore essential and clear instructions in the sacred writings and make up your own religion and hierarchy.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Bahai Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Faith Forum: What religion does God follow? (Nov '12) Feb '14 Hilarious 47
Supreme Court to hear new case on religion in p... (Nov '13) Nov '13 woodtick57 6
Baha'i Fallacies and Contradictions (May '08) Oct '13 RonPrice9 36
Interfaith Initiative Centre County | A journey... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Kathwynn 1
They gave up their lives for their faith (Jun '13) Jul '13 Trisha 14
Baha'i had higher expectations (Jun '13) Jun '13 StrongHelmet 1
1,000 Baha'i delegates arrive to elect new council (Apr '13) May '13 World Unity 16

Search the Bahai Forum:
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••